PDA

View Full Version : Latest quote from DICK conference

ping2000
12-20-2005, 09:47 AM
"They have a lot of pride and have improved. If you take last year’s stats at the same time and compared them with this year we’re improved in nearly every category you want to evaluate. But Saturday was a disaster and we as coaches assume some of that responsibility and will do everything to resolve it. But we have some degree of credibility to fall back on because we have seen them play very well."

DICK is INSANE. Our team was in the Red and White uniforms DICK. Also, what exactly have the coaches done to resolve this? Going from 32 to 31 is not considered a success either. Credibility? My ass.

jspchief
12-20-2005, 09:50 AM
F*ck Vermeil and his stats. The only stats I care about right now are regular season winning percentage, and post-season winning percentage. The fans don't watch this team to see where they can rank in various stat categories. Stupid f*ck.

Eleazar
12-20-2005, 09:50 AM
They have played well at times this year. It's not like the defense is piss poor every game every down, let's be honest here. It improved throughout the season until the past couple of weeks, when it started to regress.

siberian khatru
12-20-2005, 09:54 AM
The spinning is beginning already. I can't wait for Carl's postseason press conference. Another successful year for the Chiefs! We didn't have a losing season! We were mathematically alive for the playoffs late in the year! We're so close!

Yeah, just keep ignoring that big picture. Shit, it's not even the 90s anymore. We failed then, but at least we were failing in the postseason. We can't even get there consistently anymore.

Must ... check ... blood ... pressure ...

ping2000
12-20-2005, 09:56 AM
I just hate DICK stats. They are annoying. Finding out your defense sucks "one less" than last year still sucks.

RedThat
12-20-2005, 09:56 AM
They have played well at times this year. It's not like the defense is piss poor every game every down, let's be honest here. It improved throughout the season until the past couple of weeks, when it started to regress.

I agree. I get what your saying, they have shown flashes of being good at times, and even making plays. They have been good enough to hold up for our offense in certain games. But, they have fallen apart when we needed them most. Still, if you come to think about it, they're inconsistent. Reality is, being inconsistent isn't good enough. The Chiefs defense lacks consistency, bottomline, you have to be consistent in this league to be successful.

nascher
12-20-2005, 11:21 AM
we are better so far compared to last season thats fact.

6-8 to 8-6 !

actually last year 435-381 points

this year we are worse on offense and improved on defense

346-315 almost 100 fewer points scored 66 better on defense.

Swanman
12-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Here's a stat for you Dickie: 11 missed tackles on Barber's touchdown run. And yet our defense has improved. Don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining.

Bob Dole
12-20-2005, 12:05 PM
Here's a stat for you Dickie: 11 missed tackles on Barber's touchdown run. And yet our defense has improved. Don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining.

Only 11? It felt like at least 20 as it happened...

RedThat
12-20-2005, 12:14 PM

Aww man...That was just flat out embarrassing. And it even happened on national television too
:shake:

Any other coach would've tore his team a new a**hole, and friggn Vermeil not once did I see him do that! It's time for a change, I want Vermeil gone.

kaplin42
12-20-2005, 12:43 PM
I just hate DICK stats. They are annoying. Finding out your defense sucks "one less" than last year still sucks.

exactly, the differance between Jack and Jack Sh!t aint a lot. New and improved D, yeah, sure it is. Why doesnt he just do two things, admit he has messed up all year, and then Rip the D, maybe get some emotion out of them, something.