PDA

View Full Version : Direction of the Chiefs - You decide

Hoover
12-20-2005, 02:12 PM
With the Chiefs out of the playoff hunt (I know we still have a shot), I’m like the many Planeteers who are wondering what direction my beloved Chiefs should go. The following poll is just for fun. What would you rather have, a New HC, with major roster turnover, or DV or Al Saunders with less roster turnover?

I will lay out the roster for each team (Starters Only). If you don’t like my FA acquisitions that’s fine, but just vote on which team you would rather see on the field in 2006.

Option #1

New Head Coach, and new assistant coaches

Offense:
QB: Patrick Ramsey
RB: Larry Johnson
FB: Robert Holcomb
WR: Eddie Kennison, Eric Moulds, Samie Parker, Dante Hall
TE: Tony Gonzales
LT: Jordan Black
LG: Brian Waters
C: Casey Wiegmann
RG: Chris Bober
RT: John Welbourn

Notable Losses: Trent Green, Tony Richardson, Willie Roaf, Will Shields
New Additions: Patrick Ramsey, Eric Moulds

Offensive Notes: With the Exit of DV and Al Saunders Players Like Priest, Trent Green, Tony Richardson, Shields, and Roaf have deiced to call it quits. All of their replacements are not of the same caliber, Green is replaced by Ramsey, Roaf and Shields are replaced by average talent. The only other offensive improvement we did is sign Eric Moulds for a fair one year deal to improve of WR depth, and more Parker to the slot.

Defense:
LE: John Abraham
LT: Ryan Sims
RT: Larry Tripplett
RE: Jared Allen
LOLB: Derrick Johnson
MLB: Kawika Mitchell
ROLB: Julian Peterson
LCB: Patrick Surtain
RCB: Eric Warfield
SS: Sammy Knight
FS: Donivan Darious

Notable Losses: Eric Hicks, Lional Dalton, Kendrell Bell, Greg Wesley
New Additions: Donivan Darious (I don’t know if he or Knight can play FS, but what the hell), Larry Tripplett, John Abraham, Julian Peterson.

Defensive Notes: Big spending to continue defensive rebuild. With Priest Holmes, Trent Green, Will Shields, Roaf, Hicks, Wesley, and Bell off the Books the Chiefs should have major cap space to make major improvements.

Option #2
Head Coach: DV or Al Saunders, Gun stays

Offense:
QB: Trent Green
FB: Tony Richardson
WR: Kennison, Parker, Hall
TE: Tony Gonzales
LT: Roaf
LG: Waters
C: Wiegmann
RG: Shields
RT: Welbourn

Defense
LE: Hicks
LT: Ryan Sims
RT: Dalton (Resigned)
RE: Jared Allen
LOLB: Derrick Johnson
MLB: Kawika Mitchell
ROLB: Fox/Grigsby
LCB: Patrick Surtain
RCB: Eric Warfield
SS: Sammy Knight
FS: Greg Wesley

Option 2 Notes: The Roster is the same as the 2005 Roster. With retaining offensive talent, there is little or no cap space to continue improvements on defense. While we will make some roster additions and subtractions, nothing major will occur except the release of Bell.

What are your honest thoughts? Pick option #1 or Option #2 None of this Option #1 if we can keep so and so, man up and pick. Sorry there is no Gaz option.

JimNasium
12-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Duh.

ping2000
12-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Both of these suck. We are DOOMED!

TrickyNicky
12-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Your option 1 looks great but there is no way we would be able to spend on all of those players. Specifically, I think you would have to make a choice between John Abraham and Julian Peterson. Since our D-Line is a lot worse off than our LB core, I would go with Abraham; warts and all.

Also, Jordan Black at LT? I just threw up a little in my mouth.

StcChief
12-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Option 1:

Conservative Lamar/Carl

nothing radical will happen.

JimNasium
12-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Wow, I didn't see that. Nix my duh. :shake:

Hoover
12-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Your option 1 looks great but there is no way we would be able to spend on all of those players. Specifically, I think you would have to make a choice between John Abraham and Julian Peterson. Since our D-Line is a lot worse off than our LB core, I would go with Abraham; warts and all.

I knwo I went a little crazy on Defense spending (I am a republican), but I really think we are looking at returning the same roster if DV or AS is the HC, and if we get a new HC, that offense doesn't look bad, except for Roaf's replacement. In option 1 we lose a ton of high contracts, so we should have some cash to spend.

Hoover
12-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Yeah Jordan Black at LT will not happen, I just don't know who the hell is a FA LT, so I just went with someone on the roster.

ping2000
12-20-2005, 02:23 PM
Yeah Jordan Black at LT will not happen, I just don't know who the hell is a FA LT, so I just went with someone on the roster.

We wouldn't sign a FA LT anyway. We would try to convert a guard or tight end. It's the Carl Method.

joesomebody
12-20-2005, 02:28 PM
I can't see a TE going to LT... Dunn is probably the best blocking TE in the game, and I know he couldn't convert to LT.

I'm going with option 2 I guess. I hate ramsey, and sure as hell am not ready to lose Trent Green, Shields, Roaf, and T-Rich.

ping2000
12-20-2005, 02:30 PM
I can't see a TE going to LT... Dunn is probably the best blocking TE in the game, and I know he couldn't convert to LT.

I'm going with option 2 I guess. I hate ramsey, and sure as hell am not ready to lose Trent Green, Shields, Roaf, and T-Rich.

It was a joke. Actually, he's gone out and gotten Roaf. What's worse is he tries to convert safeties from BIG 12 schools into cornerbacks.

htismaqe
12-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Roaf won't retire, new coach or not.

Hoover
12-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Roaf won't retire, new coach or not.
Well that makes option 1 even that much better IMO, crap wilth Roaf I'm not worried about the offense no matter who the OC and HC is.

htismaqe
12-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Well that makes option 1 even that much better IMO, crap wilth Roaf I'm not worried about the offense no matter who the OC and HC is.

I take scenario 1 hands down, primarily because I believe that even with a whole new coaching staff, Green and Roaf come back.

BigRedChief
12-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Roaf won't retire, new coach or not.Roaf was on the Kendall Gammon/Steven St. John radio show last night and was asked point blank about next year and he said I don't know. Depends on who comes back T-Rich, Shields, Tony G etc and who the coach is what scheme they run. He won't just sit around and wait he will keep in playing shape but he won't decide until about March whether to play in 2006.

He sounded very iffy about 2006.

Hoover
12-20-2005, 03:20 PM
So if thats the case we are looking at the following offensive starters for next year no matter who the HC is.

QB: Greeb
FB: ?? Maybe Richardson
WR: Kennison, Parker, Hall
LT: Roaf
LG: Waters
C: Wiegmann
RG: Bober
RT: Welbourn

One hole to fill Shields.

Then on Defense we need to find the following

LE
RT
ROLB
FS

I think we would be the top of any dude who wants to be a HC in this league as long as Lamar will pay the man.

Hoover
12-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Roaf was on the Kendall Gammon/Steven St. John radio show last night and was asked point blank about next year and he said I don't know. Depends on who comes back T-Rich, Shields, Tony G etc and who the coach is what scheme they run. He won't just sit around and wait he will keep in playing shape but he won't decide until about March whether to play in 2006.

I don't blame him, but if we go out and get legit HC we will be fine.

BigRedChief
12-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Roaf was on the Kendall Gammon/Steven St. John radio show last night and was asked point blank about next year and he said I don't know. Depends on who comes back T-Rich, Shields, Tony G etc and who the coach is what scheme they run. He won't just sit around and wait he will keep in playing shape but he won't decide until about March whether to play in 2006.

He sounded pretty firm that T-Rich weasn't coming back but left the door open that Shields would come back. Why Tony G was in there as a possibility of not coming back I don't know. I wish they would have followed up with a question about that.

BigRedChief
12-20-2005, 03:26 PM
I don't blame him, but if we go out and get legit HC we will be fine.

Yeah he just doesn't want to commit until he sees the situation but the reasons he gave about not coming back didn't have anything to do with his health or age. So thats a really good sign.

chiefsfaninNC
12-20-2005, 03:30 PM
I will have to go with option 1. I don't want to see DV or AS coming back. I am already resigned to losing Roaf and Shields. Although T-Rich is a great blocker I am not concerned if he goes either. I think Trent will return though.