PDA

View Full Version : Chad Greenway

RedThat
12-21-2005, 11:56 AM
anybody think he'll last to our spot?

I'd love to draft this guy if he's available. I've read up and heard some really good things about him. Seen him play a couple of times as well, and he comes from a good school in Iowa.

This dude is a freak'n awesome tackler. And he is a physical linebacker, can play down hill, and can also cover and run with tight ends. I think he could be a good sideline-to-sideline guy. He would bring some attitude to the table. we could use his presence. If he's available, the Chiefs should consider drafting him.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-21-2005, 11:58 AM
Only if we can sign him for the last two games also.

htismaqe
12-21-2005, 11:59 AM
I think Greenway could slip, much like Johnson did last year. That happens with top LB's.

I'd love to have Greenway, but OLB just isn't a big enough need for us right now, IMO.

RedThat
12-21-2005, 12:00 PM
I think Greenway could slip, much like Johnson did last year. That happens with top LB's.

I'd love to have Greenway, but OLB just isn't a big enough need for us right now, IMO.

Your right...it probably isn't a big enough need for us, but we could use one
:)

jspchief
12-21-2005, 12:07 PM
If we're going to keep dropping LBs into coverage, Greenway would be a perfect fit. I'd rather have him playing Bell's position.

But IMO, he's not the hardest hitting LB out there.

It's really not a position of need. Even if we get rid of Bell, we have Barber, Fox and Griffin. It sucks that the best LB draft in a decade has to come a year after we fill our LB needs.

htismaqe
12-21-2005, 12:12 PM
If we were going to take an Iowa player, I'd like to see us take a late-round flyer on either Ed Hinkel or Clinton Solomon...

shakesthecat
12-21-2005, 12:16 PM
If we were going to take an Iowa player, I'd like to see us take a late-round flyer on either Ed Hinkel or Clinton Solomon...

Hinkel, yes.
Soloman drops too many catchable passes for my liking.

I'd love to have either Greenway or Abdul Hodge. I think they'll both end up being better players than any KC LB other than Johnson.

Iowanian
12-21-2005, 12:20 PM
I think they'll both be successful LBs in the NFL.

I'd love to have either of them helping solidify the Chiefs D, however, there are team needs on both sides of the ball bigger than replacing Bell with a draft pick(assuming either Fox or Griffin are legit)

I don't know about Hinkle in the NFL. Is he any better than Kasper or any of the other Iowa WRs not named Dwight?(who isn't really a great WR)

royr17
12-21-2005, 12:27 PM

Nope, it sure isnt.

With DJ and Mitchell sure locks, the ROLB position will be up for grabs between Fox, Griffin, and Barber. Who knows they may try to make Rich Scanlon a ROLB, I mean he does have good speed and can surely tackle, I mean in limited action he has 22 tackles compared to Bell's 33 tackles.

Bell more then likely will be gone, I can only hope.

htismaqe
12-21-2005, 12:29 PM
I think they'll both be successful LBs in the NFL.

I'd love to have either of them helping solidify the Chiefs D, however, there are team needs on both sides of the ball bigger than replacing Bell with a draft pick(assuming either Fox or Griffin are legit)

I don't know about Hinkle in the NFL. Is he any better than Kasper or any of the other Iowa WRs not named Dwight?(who isn't really a great WR)

I think Hodge may end up being a better pro than Greenway. JMO based on watching them play.

Hinkel is alot like Kasper actually, which is why I said a "late-round flyer".

htismaqe
12-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Hinkel, yes.
Soloman drops too many catchable passes for my liking.

I'd love to have either Greenway or Abdul Hodge. I think they'll both end up being better players than any KC LB other than Johnson.

Solomon has more upside than any WR to come out of Iowa since maybe Quinn Early.

If an NFL team can take care of his dropsies, he could be a great player.

RedThat
12-21-2005, 12:30 PM
I agree with some that we have bigger needs to fill on this team. In particular I think DE and DT are the biggest needs, and a playmaking/game changing safety.

But, if Greenway is the best player available when we draft, I wouldn't hesitate to take the guy. You gotta go with the best available. Drafting an OLB for us is like taking a WR or LT, even though those positions arent postions of need, we could still use a WR, LT or OLB.

Im all for addressing the D-line through FA.

*I want Aaron Kampman in the redngold. I dont know why, but I have a fascination for Iowa players for some reason. Those guys are just built tough, and play hard man.

RedThat
12-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Nope, it sure isnt.

With DJ and Mitchell sure locks, the ROLB position will be up for grabs between Fox, Griffin, and Barber. Who knows they may try to make Rich Scanlon a ROLB, I mean he does have good speed and can surely tackle, I mean in limited action he has 22 tackles compared to Bell's 33 tackles.

Bell more then likely will be gone, I can only hope.

Barber should be gone with Bell. There is a reason why he aint playn. I know he got hurt, but, he just aint good enough. The same goes for Griffin. And Fox, well he just got hurt, bad fortune there. Bell just flat out sucks. Our only hope at OLB is Fox thats if he can come back healthy, and improve on his play.

htismaqe
12-21-2005, 12:41 PM
I agree with some that we have bigger needs to fill on this team. In particular I think DE and DT are the biggest needs, and a playmaking/game changing safety.

But, if Greenway is the best player available when we draft, I wouldn't hesitate to take the guy. You gotta go with the best available. Drafting an OLB for us is like taking a WR or LT, even though those positions arent postions of need, we could still use a WR, LT or OLB.

Im all for addressing the D-line through FA.

*I want Aaron Kampman in the redngold. I dont know why, but I have a fascination for Iowa players for some reason. Those guys are just built tough, and play hard man.

First of all, I agree with you. We need DE and DT. But we also need a game-breaking S. A guy that will draw blood.

Now, take this for what it's worth, but much like Thomas Davis last year, I have heard some projecting Greenway as a safety in the NFL.

RedThat
12-21-2005, 12:44 PM
First of all, I agree with you. We need DE and DT. But we also need a game-breaking S. A guy that will draw blood.

Now, take this for what it's worth, but much like Thomas Davis last year, I have heard some projecting Greenway as a safety in the NFL.

He's 244lbs though. Thats big for a safety. Of course he can always shed some weight.

shakesthecat
12-21-2005, 12:47 PM

How'd ya like to have Bob Sanders now instead of Siavii? :cuss:

htismaqe
12-21-2005, 12:49 PM
He's 244lbs though. Thats big for a safety. Of course he can always shed some weight.

Sean Taylor is 235.

It's all about how the guy can cover. He's led the Big 10 (or close to it) in tackles for 2 years as an OLB. If he can grasp coverage from the SS position, imagine what kind of an advatnage that would be. An extra LB on running downs, and a guy that could completely neutralize the opposing TE.

htismaqe
12-21-2005, 12:50 PM
How'd ya like to have Bob Sanders now instead of Siavii? :cuss:

Don't even get me started. :banghead:

RedThat
12-21-2005, 12:52 PM
Sean Taylor is 235.

It's all about how the guy can cover. He's led the Big 10 (or close to it) in tackles for 2 years as an OLB. If he can grasp coverage from the SS position, imagine what kind of an advatnage that would be. An extra LB on running downs, and a guy that could completely neutralize the opposing TE.

Most definately. That's a huge advantge. He'd be like a utility player ala Thomas Davis.

htismaqe
12-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Most definately. That's a huge advantge. He'd be like a utility player ala Thomas Davis.

I still think Thomas Davis is going to be a special player...