PDA

View Full Version : What if LJ was our #1 back at the start of the season?

chiefsfan1963
12-21-2005, 12:43 PM
When I first posted that LJ should be our number 1 rb early in the season, and received a huge uproar about even mentioning it, I now wonder if LJ was our #1 and Priest was #2 where we would be right now. I think we would already be a lock to make the playoffs and favored to go the distance. Priest would be healthy and dangerous for any D having to face both backs. A tough call to make early in the season, but one that could have been made by the coaches. I'm sure it was apparent to all who were closely monitoring these guys that LJ was clearly the better candidate for the #1 slot even though it was politically incorrect to state it.

siberian khatru
12-21-2005, 12:44 PM
We'd be 8-6.

SPchief
12-21-2005, 12:44 PM
And this has been discussed MANY MANY times, why start a new thread??

ChiefsFire
12-21-2005, 12:46 PM
And this has been discussed MANY MANY times, why start a new thread??
dont listen to them dude...post away

all the fellas on here with mancrushes in Priest will bash you but its a valid point..

:)

jspchief
12-21-2005, 01:04 PM
Which games did we lose due to an ineffective running game? I don't see what difference it would have made in any of our losses.

BigMeatballDave
12-21-2005, 01:06 PM
We'd most likely still be 8-6, but LJ would probably break the single-season rushing record...

4th and Long
12-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Which games did we lose due to an ineffective running game? I don't see what difference it would have made in any of our losses.
We have a winner.

siberian khatru
12-21-2005, 01:09 PM
We have a winner.

Post 2, FOOL!

:p

4th and Long
12-21-2005, 01:30 PM
Post 2, FOOL!

:p
Post 2 was vague. No cookie for you. :p

siberian khatru
12-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Post 2 was vague. No cookie for you. :p

I prefer to think of it as pithy. :harumph:

Deberg_1990
12-21-2005, 01:37 PM
We'd most likely still be 8-6, but LJ would probably break the single-season rushing record...

True, but he would probably be dead becasue he'd have about 450 carries by now.

4th and Long
12-21-2005, 01:39 PM
I prefer to think of it as pithy. :harumph:
ROFL

Pithy it is. :D

ptlyon
12-21-2005, 01:40 PM
What are we getting all pithy about?

Hoover
12-21-2005, 01:45 PM
I agree I think we would be 8-6. Our record hasn't been any better with LJ, which is sad.

siberian khatru
12-21-2005, 01:47 PM
What are we getting all pithy about?

Pith off, athhole.

SPchief
12-21-2005, 01:50 PM
TinkyWinky

NTTATWWT

NJ Chief Fan
12-21-2005, 01:53 PM
i always thought that we should of used lj's agressive style to ware down a defense and then have a fresh priest use his flashiness for some big runs

cosmo20002
12-21-2005, 01:56 PM
When I first posted that LJ should be our number 1 rb early in the season, and received a huge uproar about even mentioning it, I now wonder if LJ was our #1 and Priest was #2 where we would be right now. I think we would already be a lock to make the playoffs and favored to go the distance. Priest would be healthy and dangerous for any D having to face both backs. A tough call to make early in the season, but one that could have been made by the coaches. I'm sure it was apparent to all who were closely monitoring these guys that LJ was clearly the better candidate for the #1 slot even though it was politically incorrect to state it.

4-3 with LJ as backup
4-3 with LJ as starter

milkman
12-21-2005, 01:59 PM
i always thought that we should of used lj's agressive style to ware down a defense and then have a fresh priest use his flashiness for some big runs

Nice avatar, NJ.

joesomebody
12-21-2005, 02:18 PM
I think it would have caused a lot of problems with team chemistry, and loyalties.

Say what you like, but our offense has been together a long time by NFL standards. I don't think taking the starting job away from a healthy Priest Holmes was an option.

Next year, absolutely, but not this year.

chiefsfan1963
12-21-2005, 02:21 PM

we would still have Priest healthy and active.

Inspector
12-21-2005, 02:32 PM
we would still have Priest healthy and active.

Yep, that was the first thing I thought of - Priest probably wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Who knows??? It's all just a guess anyway.

Johnson&Johnson
12-21-2005, 03:44 PM

We could have held the ball more in the PHI game, run more effectively 3-4 yds gain.

We could have beaten OAK in week 2 more convincingly.

We could have beaten the Bolts in SD. I was at that game. (the game Priest got hurt)

All in all, we could have had a more scary running attack had LJ been the #1 back. The one thing that everyone points out about LJ is the fact that he punishes would-be tacklers everytime he runs. Which means that if we had a running attack in those games mentioned, we could have controlled the time of possession and dictated the pace of those games, which in turn would have help in a better passing game. (NOTE: Trent went 3 and out many many times in those 3 games, lots of passing situations)

Anubis_Zyklon
12-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally i didnt think Lj was going to be a very good back. But he has proven me wrong as of late and starting next year i think he should be your feature back and perhaps ride him a little more. Do that and get a featured wideout you guys might do some damage next year. IMO

Rausch
12-21-2005, 06:18 PM
He'd have 2,000 rushing yards. Perhaps broke the record.

I still don't see our record being that much different though. It took weeks for Saunders and DV to move to a run-first offense...

Saleenman607
12-21-2005, 06:35 PM
Can LJ TACKLE ?? The majority of games I've watched, the tackling was HORRIFIC!! Dont think it matters much if he started every game. This team lacks fundementals BIG TIME, and thats on the Coaches. Our talent on D is fine, its the coaches lack of teaching. DV NOW is talking tackling????? Little late if you ask me.
Been a chiefs fan since 1963 and I know my team better than any of these so called anaysts. I, like many others thought the D accquisitions would work out. Clearly they all have talent and heart! So whats missing? I think Gun coaches from his angry side to often, and its blurring his vision. Many times I've seen the opponent make a 3rd and long a couple times and Gun is so pissed he starts throwing un-disguised blitzes like a wild man!!
Am I wrong, or anyone else see's this?
Regards.......

nychief
12-21-2005, 06:39 PM
LJ would have a chance at breaking 2000 yrds and we would be 8-6 and facing long odds at the playoffs as we play the most important game of the year on Christmas Eve....

my 2 cents.

milkman
12-21-2005, 06:56 PM
Can LJ TACKLE ?? The majority of games I've watched, the tackling was HORRIFIC!! Dont think it matters much if he started every game. This team lacks fundementals BIG TIME, and thats on the Coaches. Our talent on D is fine, its the coaches lack of teaching.

The tackling has been inconsistent, but until this last game had been better than in the Dick's first four years here.

Been a chiefs fan since 1963 and I know my team better than any of these so called anaysts. I, like many others thought the D accquisitions would work out. Clearly they all have talent and heart! So whats missing?

Among other things, talent and heart.

I think Gun coaches from his angry side to often, and its blurring his vision. Many times I've seen the opponent make a 3rd and long a couple times and Gun is so pissed he starts throwing un-disguised blitzes like a wild man!!
Am I wrong, or anyone else see's this?
Regards.......

Yes, you are wrong.

Those undisguised blitz's are the result of Gun's moronacy, not his anger.

He also has the CBs lining up 7-10 yards off the LOS, which, along with the telegraphed blitz allowed the opposition to make plays against us.

4th and Long
12-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Can LJ TACKLE ??
I hope not. We get enough holding penalties calleed on us as it is.

Saleenman607
12-21-2005, 07:14 PM
The tackling has been inconsistent, but until this last game had been better than in the Dick's first four years here.

Among other things, talent and heart.

Yes, you are wrong.

Those undisguised blitz's are the result of Gun's moronacy, not his anger.

He also has the CBs lining up 7-10 yards off the LOS, which, along with the telegraphed blitz allowed the opposition to make plays against us.
Cool word......moronacy, however, Gun's teaching the fellas to BLAST someone and no emphasis on wrapping up. What happened with using press coverage with Surtain and Warfield? That seems to be thier strength. Screw the cover 2.......Man-up

milkman
12-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Cool word......moronacy, however, Gun's teaching the fellas to BLAST someone and no emphasis on wrapping up. What happened with using press coverage with Surtain and Warfield? That seems to be thier strength. Screw the cover 2.......Man-up

It's not a real word, but I use it in spite of that, cause it has a better sound than "moronism".

It's a SideWinder original.

Logical
12-21-2005, 08:25 PM
We'd be 8-6.Yup that is my thought as well. Unless LJ would have kept all those players well, especially Roaf.