PDA

View Full Version : Sin City

Otter
12-23-2005, 02:41 AM
Yup, I'm still awake.

Catching up on the guilty pleasures in life with some time off and just got done watching Sin City.

Anyone else fall in love with Miho?

Somthing about a girl that could get your back in a bar fight and be home in time to look good in Victoria Secret Lingerie while making you a grilled cheese samich before bed clacks my clackers.

Cool ass movie by the way. Very little substance but LOTSA style.

KCChiefsMan
12-23-2005, 02:43 AM
that movie rocked! Jessica Alba is hot!

pikesome
12-23-2005, 02:46 AM
I thought they did a great job of capturing the feel of Miller's original, warts and all. Not a very PC movie but a step above mindless violence (at least in my opinion). Some times the atmosphere of a work gets removed in the translation to the big screen. Makes me think of LoTR, I thought they did a good job of maintaining the general feel even though the story was changed/edited in places.

Otter
12-23-2005, 02:50 AM
that movie rocked! Jessica Alba is hot!

Find me a girl in that movie that wasn't.

I loved that part where they were trying to get the guys head back so the police wouldn't raid the city.

What did you make of the story? 3 loosely inter-related stories? All part of one big story? I didn't totally understand the whole plot (such as the relationship to the beginging and ending with everything else) but it was definatly a cool movie.

Gonna try and watch it again after coming back from the familys.

Otter
12-23-2005, 02:50 AM
I thought they did a great job of capturing the feel of Miller's original, warts and all. Not a very PC movie but a step above mindless violence (at least in my opinion). Some times the atmosphere of a work gets removed in the translation to the big screen. Makes me think of LoTR, I thought they did a good job of maintaining the general feel even though the story was changed/edited in places.

I never read the comic book, prolly easier to enjoy that way. Clean slate as opposed to LoTR where the books were always the measuring stick for the film.

oaklandhater
12-23-2005, 02:54 AM
Yea she was hot in Sin city

pikesome
12-23-2005, 03:05 AM
I never read the comic book, probably easier to enjoy that way. Clean slate as opposed to LoTR where the books were always the measuring stick for the film.

The look (black and white, hard edges on the shadows, the action spotlighted with nebulous backgrounds) are vintage Miller. I would strongly recommend the comics including his Dark Knight series (Batman).

oaklandhater
12-23-2005, 05:17 AM
The look (black and white, hard edges on the shadows, the action spotlighted with nebulous backgrounds) are vintage Miller. I would strongly recommend the comics including his Dark Knight series (Batman).

Batman: The Killing Joke being his best work and from the rumors I hear,

Nolan wants to portray that type of joker in his next movie.

HemiEd
12-23-2005, 06:21 AM
I really enjoyed this movie.