PDA

View Full Version : Need FF advise!!!

Cprise89
12-23-2005, 02:25 PM
This game is for the Championship. I am losing three studs due to injury or they will be resting up for the playoffs. I can't take a chance on starting R. Wayne or M. Harrison because they will see limited playing time this week. I lost one of my stud running backs in L. Jordan due to injury last week. Here is my starting line-up. My question is who would you start as the second running back?

QB Matt Hasselbeck
RB Clinton Portis
RB ???
WR Randy Moss
WR Jerry Porter
TE Randy McMichael
K Shayne Graham
DEF Cincinnati Bengals

Bench:
QB Jake Plummer
RB Travis Henry, Michael Pittman, (out) Lamont Jordan
WR Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne
TE Jeremy Stevens
K Jeff Wilkins
DEF NY Giants

ChiefsfaninPA
12-23-2005, 02:26 PM
You're screwed. I don't see any viable options. But then again I suck at FF and didn't make the playoffs.

Simplex3
12-23-2005, 02:29 PM
Damn, I'd be hitting the waiver wire. Frank Gore or somebody must be available. TJ Duckett maybe? He might at least vulture a TD.

Cprise89
12-23-2005, 02:30 PM
Our league has a waiver wire deadline of 11/26/05.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-23-2005, 02:36 PM

Thats going to be pretty tough then. Just try to pick some one up off of waivers. It just might go through.

Simplex3
12-23-2005, 02:40 PM
Well, you're f**ked then. Here are your choices:

Henry: Maybe TEN decides to play him to possibly up his value in a trade.
Pittman: Maybe Caddy goes down again.

Either guy is capable, your guess is which one will see the field.

PS, your league is retarded. Teams eliminated from the playoff picture shouldn't be allowed to drop, but all other waiver wire traffic should be allowed even in the playoffs for just this reason.

ct
12-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Travis Henry is your best bet, honestly, your only option anyway. Chris Brown may be limited or not play at all, so Henry is not a bad play.

BTW, I might consider playing the G-men over the Bengals Def, but all your others look like the right choice.

Good Luck!!

C-Mac
12-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Opinions please..

Who to start:
Jerome Bettis
or
TJ Duckett

Rausch
12-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Opinions please..

Who to start:
Jerome Bettis
or
TJ Duckett

Bettis. Probably a lock for a TD this week while Dunn is the main man in Atlanta.

Plus, the Brows are TERRIBLE and the Bucs are likely to roll up on the Falcons...

Rausch
12-24-2005, 10:56 AM
Bettis. Probably a lock for a TD this week while Dunn is the main man in Atlanta.

Plus, the Brows are TERRIBLE and the Bucs are likely to roll up on the Falcons...

Also keep in mind that Bettis WILL retire after this year. If they don't make the playoffs that means these are the last two games he'll ever play in.

Bettis will finish with two strong weeks in a row. Cowher will give him his carries...

C-Mac
12-24-2005, 10:57 AM

Wasn't sure with Dunn having a hamstring pull.

C-Mac
12-24-2005, 10:58 AM
Also keep in mind that Bettis WILL retire after this year. If they don't make the playoffs that means these are the last two games he'll ever play in.

Bettis will finish with two strong weeks in a row. Cowher will give him his carries...

Good point...