PDA

View Full Version : Kendrell Bell

penguinz
12-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Had 5 takcles this game. I about sh1t myself when I head his name called twice on the same drive.

TEX
12-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Who the F*ck is Kendrell Bell?

Reaper16
12-24-2005, 04:25 PM
He actually looked like he belonged on the field at many points today. He got some penetration, didn't overpursue, and stopped LT on this one play that sticks out in my mind.

kcxiv
12-24-2005, 04:30 PM
About damn time he showed up. Maybe, he is finally getting a hold of the Scheme. HE was all over the place.

sedated
12-24-2005, 04:34 PM
wow, 5 whole tackles.

he was certainly worth the investment.

NJ Chief Fan
12-24-2005, 04:41 PM
who :shrug:

htismaqe
12-24-2005, 04:46 PM
I noticed it right away. The biggest difference was how he as USED.

I'm convinced that at least HALF of Bell's problem this year was Cunther.

Jafo
12-24-2005, 04:51 PM
I noticed it right away. The biggest difference was how he as USED.

I'm convinced that at least HALF of Bell's problem this year was Cunther.

I'd have to agree. I don't thing they use him to his strength. Passrushing. He's a blitzer. Dropping him back into coverage is not his strength, run stopping was one of his strengths in Pittsburg but who know's where that's gone.

nascher
12-24-2005, 04:51 PM
yes Gunther uses him alot in coverage way of the LOS.

I am pretty sure that Bell will play better next year maybe Gunther can figure it out too how to use him.

Frankie
12-24-2005, 05:37 PM
Who the F*ck is Kendrell Bell?
The Chiefs did have a pretty OK LB named Bell. Wasn't his first name something like Bobbie though? :hmmm:

Dunit35
12-24-2005, 05:40 PM
wow, 5 whole tackles.

he was certainly worth the investment.

80 tackles in a season isnt too bad. But of course it isnt even average. He did a good job today, I will give him credit for that. I actually saw him blitz three times in a row today.

Tribal Warfare
12-24-2005, 05:47 PM
I am pretty sure that Bell will play better next year maybe Gunther can figure it out too how to use him.

F*ck that shit, another year of cellar defense? No thank you

jspchief
12-24-2005, 06:19 PM
His agent must have reminded him of the big roster bonus that he's due in March.

Just our luck he'll play well enough to trick the coaches into thinking he's worth keeping.

The Bad Guy
12-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Bell looks incredibly fat. I mean he's at least double what he used to be.

He was lean as hell and could fly in Pittsburgh. If he's here next year, he needs to condition like a madman.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Looks the same to me...

http://www.bgasm.com/catalog/images/kbell_8x10.jpg

KCBOSS1
12-24-2005, 11:53 PM
A little more time fellas. Give Bell, Knight and Surtain time to adapt. We are better, at least most of the time that we have been in the last few years.

htismaqe
12-25-2005, 06:24 AM
A little more time fellas. Give Bell, Knight and Surtain time to adapt. We are better, at least most of the time that we have been in the last few years.

In Bell's case, a new defensive coordinator would help immensely.

PastorMikH
12-25-2005, 08:45 AM
After watching game tape, Marty decided that running LT over Bell was the best way to get big yardage. It would have worked but LT isn't as agile as Tiki and he kept tripping over Bell's body on the ground.

royr17
12-27-2005, 09:15 AM
Wow, Bell has 38 tackles on the year. Man on man he's goin to the pro bowl.

Mitchell has 98 and DJ has 89.

the Talking Can
12-27-2005, 09:18 AM
take away the incredibly small number of tackles and sacks, and the complete abscence of any game changing plays, and his laughable attempts at pass coverage, and his inability to practice in preseason, and Bell is the most dominate, game changing, hard hitting, LB in the league...

htismaqe
12-27-2005, 09:27 AM
Bell actually played a good game against the Chargers.

He was crashing to the backfield on more plays and that's why he got 5 tackles.

Bell's biggest problem is GUNTHER.

jspchief
12-27-2005, 09:28 AM
A little more time fellas. Give Bell, Knight and Surtain time to adapt. We are better, at least most of the time that we have been in the last few years.The problem with giving him more time is that he gets more expensive and harder to cut (due to cap impact) with each year that we keep him.

We signed him to a contract that was designed to give us a one year trial run. I'd say he failed that trial run. Maybe the coaches saw something that I didn't, but I don't think he's worth his next pay raise.

htismaqe
12-27-2005, 09:31 AM
The problem with giving him more time is that he gets more expensive and harder to cut (due to cap impact) with each year that we keep him.

We signed him to a contract that was designed to give us a one year trial run. I'd say he failed that trial run. Maybe the coaches saw something that I didn't, but I don't think he's worth his next pay raise.

We can always restructure when he doesn't get any offers elsewhere...

jspchief
12-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Bell actually played a good game against the Chargers.

He was crashing to the backfield on more plays and that's why he got 5 tackles.

Bell's biggest problem is GUNTHER.Bell certainly had his best game against SD. But I'm not sure it erases his absence from the first 14 games of the season.

Gunther may be using him wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that he looks slow and timid, and has been a lousy tackler for us.

I can site several instances in the Giants game alone where he either stood and watched instead of tackling, or gave a half-ass effort at tackling. That has nothing to do with Gunther and everything to do with Bell playing like a puss.

I defended him earlier in the year, but I've seen enough that I have a hard time doing it anymore. The guy is playing like a bum.

jspchief
12-27-2005, 09:37 AM
We can always restructure when he doesn't get any offers elsewhere...I have no problem holding out hope for him if the price is right. But I don't want to keep throwing cap damaging bonuses at him like his current contract dictates.

Maybe he'll restructure, but my guess is he'd be more willing to test the market, even if it doesn't net him a better contract.

the Talking Can
12-27-2005, 09:42 AM
That has nothing to do with Gunther and everything to do with Bell playing like a puss.

I defended him earlier in the year, but I've seen enough that I have a hard time doing it anymore. The guy is playing like a bum.

i agree...the issue is that he never displayed the passion or ferocity he had in Pitt...that's about HIS head and heart, and I'm not convinced he's willing to sell out his body anymore, which makes him a laibility on the field, imho...

Wile_E_Coyote
12-27-2005, 09:46 AM
he busted the biggest knock against him, being injury prone. If the Chiefs let him go, he will find a home & probably good $$$

jspchief
12-27-2005, 09:51 AM
he busted the biggest knock against him, being injury prone. If the Chiefs let him go, he will find a home & probably good $$$Yeah, great. He avoids injury by avoiding contact. Excellent strategy for a football player.

hawkchief
12-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Just another overpaid athlete turnng it on so he can stay on the gravy train. CP will give him a nother chance before he admits he made a mistake.

Chiefnj
12-27-2005, 09:54 AM
How is Gun supposed to use Bell? People seem annoyed that Bell has been asked to pass protect, or that he is asked to pass protect too much. Does this mean Bell should only be on the field on real obvious running downs like 3rd and two? Either he has to learn how to defend the pass, or he comes off the field - right?

When he is actually sent after the QB, which in reality is several times a game, how many people have been impressed by what they saw? Pass rushing is supposedly the guys bread and butter, but yet he is invisible even when rushing the passer.

What is Bell's strength??

Wile_E_Coyote
12-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Yeah, great. He avoids injury by avoiding contact. Excellent strategy for a football player.

he will live to get another payday. You know there is always a team out there willing to throw money at a player. Like the Chiefs did

ceebz
12-27-2005, 09:58 AM
80 tackles in a season isnt too bad. But of course it isnt even average. He did a good job today, I will give him credit for that. I actually saw him blitz three times in a row today.

80 tackles? Bell doesn't even have 40 tackles this season. http://justinmg.home.comcast.net/forums/gsindifferent.gif

Bell's a POS. What's Gun supposed to do, blitz him on every down? http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/shared/forum/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

B_Ambuehl
12-27-2005, 10:01 AM
I'm not convinced he's willing to sell out his body anymore, which makes him a laibility on the field.

Tell me who of the Chiefs linebackers is best at blowing up blocks and what that entails?

jspchief
12-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Tell me who of the Chiefs linebackers is best at blowing up blocks and what that entails?Kawika Mitchell.

He blows up blocks on pass rushes, and more importantly, sheds blocks on running plays.

And if you're claiming Bell is too busy filling holes to make plays, I say bullshit. He's still been a poor, timid tackler.

ceebz
12-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Kawika Mitchell.

He blows up blocks on pass rushes, and more importantly, sheds blocks on running plays.

And if you're claiming Bell is too busy filling holes to make plays, I say bullshit. He's still been a poor, timid tackler.

Agreed. The Giants game was bad all around on defense yet, Tinker-Bell still managed to stick out.

B_Ambuehl
12-27-2005, 10:16 AM
Negative Chester.

All Bell does is blow up blocks. He has had a reputation in football for doing that a while now and Kawika, although a better player overall and better tackler, isn't even close in that dept. I won't disagree with anyone that he's not a good tackler but laying his body out there to blow up blocks is certainly not a weakness for him.

Fish
12-27-2005, 10:25 AM
I haven't completely given up on him.... but he does not deserve the money he is set to make next year. It all comes down to him being brought here to be an impact player. He has not lived up to that. He's done great filling gaps and changing the direction of traffic..... but he has not lived up to his potential as an attack LB who loves to blitz. A lot of that has to do with Gun.... which is why I'd give him another season.... especially if we end up with a new DC..........

But I see it as a rather high risk keeping him around under his present contract.

B_Ambuehl
12-27-2005, 10:38 AM
One problem he has is that he doesn't have much range and an outside linebacker in the NFL nowadays needs that. By that I mean he has short arms and more of a squatty type build so reaching out and getting to people when he's moving laterally is difficult for him. Add to that the fact that he just doesn't move well laterally in general and I don't think he will ever be an effective outside linebacker in this league. Can he play middle linebacker? Yes. But not outside where he has to make plays laterally.

harpes
12-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Does anyone know how much he got paid for each takle this year? It has to make an huge number.

chagrin
12-27-2005, 11:05 AM
I don't think the word "laterally" is used enough on CP.

sedated
12-27-2005, 11:07 AM
They should cut his pay and move him to the D-Line.

He's sure fat enough to play there, and he can take up blockers all day long.

sedated
12-27-2005, 11:08 AM
On second thought, his arthritic shoulders are keeping him from wrapping up on tackles.

He's a useless bust.

Get rid of him now, before he gets all his (stolen) money

htismaqe
12-27-2005, 11:09 AM
How is Gun supposed to use Bell? People seem annoyed that Bell has been asked to pass protect, or that he is asked to pass protect too much. Does this mean Bell should only be on the field on real obvious running downs like 3rd and two? Either he has to learn how to defend the pass, or he comes off the field - right?

When he is actually sent after the QB, which in reality is several times a game, how many people have been impressed by what they saw? Pass rushing is supposedly the guys bread and butter, but yet he is invisible even when rushing the passer.

What is Bell's strength??

How is Gunther supposed to use Bell? How about playing him at his natural position -- ILB or MLB?

We don't need a MLB you say?

Well, then WHY THE **** did we sign him?

Chiefnj
12-27-2005, 11:16 AM
How is Gunther supposed to use Bell? How about playing him at his natural position -- ILB or MLB?

We don't need a MLB you say?

Well, then WHY THE **** did we sign him?

Why is MLB is his natural position in a 4-3? In Pitt his strength was getting after the QB. In a 4-3 the outside LB's are the ones who usually blitz more, not the MLB. He has little impact in the running game. Why would it change as MLB? Because his lack of speed wouldn't be exploited as badly?

Fish
12-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Anybody think we could pull off a conversion to move Bell to MLB and have Mitchell play OLB?

Not that it would happen..............

TRR
12-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Bell gets taken out on 3rd downs, and drops back into coverage on 1st and 2nd down. Sammy Knight plays closer to the line of scrimmage than Kendrell Bell does.

Rausch
12-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Why is MLB is his natural position in a 4-3? In Pitt his strength was getting after the QB. In a 4-3 the outside LB's are the ones who usually blitz more, not the MLB. He has little impact in the running game. Why would it change as MLB? Because his lack of speed wouldn't be exploited as badly?

Bell was a damn good run stuffer in Pitt, I don't know where you get that from.

I also wonder if teams don't decide to pick on DJ, being a rookie, and sending a greater number of plays his way. I don't know, I don't have those numbers, but I wonder if that's a contributing factor.

Rausch
12-27-2005, 11:43 AM
Bell gets taken out on 3rd downs, and drops back into coverage on 1st and 2nd down. Sammy Knight plays closer to the line of scrimmage than Kendrell Bell does.

And for some reason a lot of our blitzing is bringing DB's while dropping guys like Kawika and Bell back in coverage.

Inspector
12-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Anybody think we could pull off a conversion to move Bell to MLB and have Mitchell play OLB?

Not that it would happen..............

Nah...let's not do that. Mitchell is a force (finally) in the middle. I have seen nothing to make me think Bell would would excel just by being moved.

I'm thinking we might move Bell over to section K in the parking lot. He could be an impressive curb.

sedated
12-27-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm thinking we might move Bell over to section K in the parking lot.

He could be an impressive curb.

I wouldn't mind hitting him with my car. :hmmm:

Scalper
12-27-2005, 12:54 PM
Give bell some time..i do believe that he wasnt 100% all season...if this guy can get back to the quick, hard hitting, sideline to sideline run stopper that he was when he went to the pro bowl, with Pittsburg ,he should make out to be one hell of a player.

The Bad Guy
12-27-2005, 01:17 PM
Give bell some time..i do believe that he wasnt 100% all season...if this guy can get back to the quick, hard hitting, sideline to sideline run stopper that he was when he went to the pro bowl, with Pittsburg ,he should make out to be one hell of a player.

He doesnt' deserve time and excuses.

He's had 15 games to get himself in shape and he hasn't played up to the contract he's received.

sedated
12-27-2005, 01:21 PM
He might do better under another coach, but we can't afford to keep him next year.

htismaqe
12-27-2005, 03:29 PM

Bell played 4-3 MLB at Georgia, where he was one of the most dominant players in all of football...

Pittsburgh utilized him as a pass rusher, but his real ability is stopping the run.

htismaqe
12-27-2005, 03:34 PM
He might do better under another coach, but we can't afford to keep him next year.

Sure we can afford him. We tell him to renegotiate or hit the street. You really think he's gonna get any big $ offers?

RedThat
12-27-2005, 03:44 PM
I do think Gunther misused Bell all this season. We asked him to do things that we're completely ridiculous. Id give him another chance only if we place him where he belongs, as a RILB in 3-4 scheme. Bell was asked to play WLB, a position he never played before that didn't play to his advantage. He couldn't utilizes all his assets, and strengths well enough in that position, plus add to the fact he was injured=bad year

sedated
12-27-2005, 03:50 PM
arthritis in the shoulders does not go away, it gets worse.

If you can't lift your arms, you can't tackle

what good is a LB that cannot tackle?