PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happened to our defense?

Hammock Parties
12-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Was it the mud and crappy conditions? We didn't get much pass rush but still played great defense.

Hell, the only reason San Diego scored at all was because of the officials.

Why didn't our defense play like this all year? DAMN YOU, GUNTHER!

Dunit35
12-24-2005, 04:16 PM
weather

kc hopeful
12-24-2005, 04:17 PM
weather

What you said.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2005, 04:17 PM
weather

You could probably argue that Samie Parker's long touchdown was the play of the game.

We made one big downfield play in the passing game. San Diego didn't. That was the difference, perhaps.

Tribal Warfare
12-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Why didn't our defense play like this all year?

KC will have Big time problem against the Bengals, because they have a very similar power running and passing arsenal.

Dunit35
12-24-2005, 04:19 PM
You could probably argue that Samie Parker's long touchdown was the play of the game.

We made one big downfield play in the passing game. San Diego didn't. That was the difference, perhaps.

Maybe, but the Chargers have never played in these conditions this year.

WebGem
12-24-2005, 04:20 PM
KC will have Big time problem against the Bengals, because they have a very similar power running and passing arsenal.
The Bengals are going to bench their starters.

tk13
12-24-2005, 04:20 PM
They played on the same field we did. I don't know how weather is an excuse. I was worried we were gonna have guys slipping and falling everywhere and killing us, but we didn't.

I would say it helped keep them from doing a lot of counters and misdirections, but it's not like we could do everything we always do offensively either. It's not like we got to play offense on a better field than they did.

Plus this is freaking Martyball, it was built to play in adverse conditions.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2005, 04:22 PM
As far as the Bengals are concerned, they will have more success against our defense, but their defense is downright awful.

Our offense will kill them. Larry might get 200 yards.

Dunit35
12-24-2005, 04:22 PM
They played on the same field we did. I don't know how weather is an excuse. I was worried we were gonna have guys slipping and falling everywhere and killing us, but we didn't.

I would say it helped keep them from doing a lot of counters and misdirections, but it's not like we could do everything we always do offensively either. It's not like we got to play offense on a better field than they did.

Plus this is freaking Martyball, it was built to play in adverse conditions.

Yeah, but weve played on that crappy field before. But I dont know.

Calcountry
12-24-2005, 04:24 PM

Plus this is freaking Martyball, it was built to play in adverse conditions.Thou shalt not use that name again.

Marty himself, has said that he "always wanted to pass more, he just didn't have the tools in KC", when asked about the Martyball thing.

Fug him.

tk13
12-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Thou shalt not use that name again.

Marty himself, has said that he "always wanted to pass more, he just didn't have the tools in KC", when asked about the Martyball thing.

Fug him.
Yeah but in adverse conditions he pounds the rock.

Last year they played in a snowstorm in Cleveland. I don't remember the exact stats but they ran the ball like 40-50 times and had 6 passes. I would never think of a Marty team as a finesse team that can't handle bad weather.

NJ Chief Fan
12-24-2005, 04:38 PM

no way it was larrys td reception

Demonpenz
12-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Yeah but in adverse conditions he pounds the rock.

Last year they played in a snowstorm in Cleveland. I don't remember the exact stats but they ran the ball like 40-50 times and had 6 passes. I would never think of a Marty team as a finesse team that can't handle bad weather.

GATES HAD LIKE 150 YARDS THAT GAME

crossbow
12-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Crowd noise at Arrowhead.

Thats the difference. It causes problems for the other team's offense. Their receivers can't hear the snap count so they wait till they see the snap. That takes the edge off of them. Why else would our defense look so bad on the road? They aren't that good without help from the home crowd. Which is why we fall short of the playoffs by one game every freekin year...can't take Arrowhead with them on the road.

htismaqe
12-24-2005, 04:41 PM
I certainly hope you're not calling the CHIEFS offense "Martyball".

I must have missed where Larry Johnson was sent to the bench in the 1st quarter after he ripped off that 21-yard run...

kc hopeful
12-24-2005, 04:47 PM
no way it was larrys td reception

I might have to agree.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Crowd noise at Arrowhead.

There wasn't much noise today. The stadium was maybe 60 percent full.

mississippichiefan
12-24-2005, 04:56 PM
weather played a part and our defense plays much better at home . They didn't handle the weather well . Also give me a back like LJ who has power and speed instead of a back like LT . We have stopped him a lot of times . LJ is good under any conditions and can break more tackles and still has the speed. We still help on defense . Go Chiefs !!!

cdcox
12-24-2005, 04:58 PM
Brees didn't play very well today. The defense had something to do with that but if he would have been a little more on and if LT wasn't letting every pass slip though his hands, it could have been a pretty bad day for the D.

Sort of like the good day the D had against NE when Brady was sailing all his passes.