PDA

View Full Version : Would a Mod have Mercy and move Chiefsfan1963 masterbation fest to another forum?

Logical
12-24-2005, 04:30 PM
ROFL

Katipan
12-24-2005, 04:31 PM
You just wanted to type m-e-r.

Frazod
12-24-2005, 04:47 PM
As I've said for years, my biggest problem with this BB is the fact that you can still see the threads started by people on your ignore list. I really don't understand why that hasn't been corrected by now.

:banghead:

blueballs
05-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Finding a Line
May 28, 2008, 8:50:35 AM by Bob Gretz - FAQ

Hockey’s Stanley Cup finals are being played out right now and Herm Edwards took a page from the ice guys’ book when it came to his offensive linemen.

As the Chiefs returned to the field for their OTA sessions on Tuesday at the Truman Sports Complex, the offensive line was working in shifts.

The Chiefs head coach has designated an A line, B line and C line, with a few guys left over to help out if there are any problems. The five guys on each line play together every time it’s their turn to take snaps during the practice. There’s no mixing or matching of bodies. With the first snap of a drill in the OTAs, the A line takes the field as a group. After a designated number of plays, the B line takes over, followed by the C line.

It’s tough to judge offensive linemen in these types of practices because they are not wearing pads and there is minimal contact. What Edwards is trying to do by keeping the groups together is allow them the chance to develop continuity, while learning the Chiefs new offense. This will make it easier for them once they get to training camp and put on the pads.

“There are only so many things you can get done with the line in the off-season because you don’t have any contact,” Edwards said. “They are going to work together. I think that helps everybody feel more comfortable because it’s the same guy next to him. When we go to camp and put the pads on, if we have to make adjustments, then we will. But those five guys have to be working in unison. That’s what we have to start off with.”

For the first time in these OTA sessions, the offense and defense went head-to-head, 11-on-11 during Tuesday’s practice. In the first week, there had been no team work, just 7-on-7 passing drills and a single 9-on-7 drill for the running game.

Right now, here are the A, B and C lines, from left tackle to right tackle:

A – Branden Albert, Brian Waters, Rudy Niswanger, Adrian Jones and Damion McIntosh.
B – Herb Taylor, Tre Stallings, Wade Smith, Anthony Alabi and Barry Richardson.
C – Edwin Harrison, Travis Leffew, Rob Smith, L.J. Anderson and Ken Shackleford.
Obviously, the A line looks like a starting group, but Edwards only smiles when that’s mentioned.

“If there’s anybody on our offensive line that thinks they have a job wrapped up then they haven’t been paying attention,” Edwards said. “We are going to play the five best players we have on the offensive line. I can assure you of that.

“For instance, if you are the center or the right guard, you had better show us what you have because there is somebody behind you that is pushing you.”

There’s no question that the Chiefs offensive line is the team’s biggest question mark coming into the season. Edwards believes that come the end of the first week of training camp, he and his coaches will have a pretty good idea of who the five best players are and where they will play. That could mean any number of combinations before it’s all said and done.

“After the first week of camp, we’ll know our starting offensive line,” said Edwards. “We would probably know by the end of these practices (OTAs), but we don’t have pads on. You’ve got to see these guys in pads.

“We will go there (training camp) with something in mind and if they can hold up with the pads on then fine. If not, then we’ll have to make some adjustments.”

Again, since there are no pads and minimal contact, there are not a lot of evaluations that can be made after five practices. But Edwards likes what he has seen so far.

“I think we are more athletic,” he said. “I think that’s where I can see a difference. There may be a lack of experience, but that can be overcome because we have more athletic players.

“We will allow these guys to work together, but if we have to make adjustments we will certainly do that. By the time it’s all done, I think we’ll have identified the five best linemen that we have.

“They will be on the field.”