PDA

View Full Version : So what's the deal?

dj56dt58
12-24-2005, 10:50 PM
I'm confused. I could have swore that for the Chiefs to make the playoffs they had to win next week w/ losses to Pitt and SD. But ESPN, nfl.com, kcchiefs.com, and NFL network all say that SD is out and that KC clinches a playoff birth if they win and Pitt loses, and SD is a nonfactor. However, ESPN News just showed that Pitt and SD both have to lose for KC to have a shot. WTF???? Why does everyone say something different?

Ultra Peanut
12-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Teamocil may cause numbness of the extremities and an inability to read any threads on a forum that would possibly explain the issue that's been bothering you.

TEAMOCIL!

ChiefsfaninPA
12-24-2005, 10:53 PM
They are trying to add to your confusion. We do need San Diego and Pitt to both lose this week. If only one happens, we don't make it. But then again this n00b could be wrong because I am almost as confused as you.

Hydrae
12-24-2005, 10:54 PM
My laymans understanding is that if we win, SD wins and Pitt loses, Pitt go. If we win, SD wins and Pitt wins, Pitt goes. If we lose Pitt goes period. If we win and SD loses and Pitt loses, we go.

This is because if we, pitt and SD all finish with the same record the first thing they will look at is the division between SD and us. We lose that tiebreaker based on common opponents (specifically the Giants game kills us here I believe) and then Pitt has tiebreaker over SD. If it is just us against Pitt, we have the tiebreaker.

Sucks, huh?

dj56dt58
12-24-2005, 11:05 PM
My laymans understanding is that if we win, SD wins and Pitt loses, Pitt go. If we win, SD wins and Pitt wins, Pitt goes. If we lose Pitt goes period. If we win and SD loses and Pitt loses, we go.

This is because if we, pitt and SD all finish with the same record the first thing they will look at is the division between SD and us. We lose that tiebreaker based on common opponents (specifically the Giants game kills us here I believe) and then Pitt has tiebreaker over SD. If it is just us against Pitt, we have the tiebreaker.

Sucks, huh?
Thats exactly what I thought, and what i have read on the board, but I figured espn, nfl.com, and nfl network would be reliable. Guess not...Sounds like their counting SD out too soon.

Logical
12-24-2005, 11:07 PM
cdcox explained it very well but I cannot explain it. Hydae has it correct.

Logical
12-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Thats exactly what I thought, and what i have read on the board, but I figured espn, nfl.com, and nfl network would be reliable. Guess not...Sounds like their counting SD out too soon.No San Diego is out of the playoffs, however if they win next week they eliminate us as well no matter what we and Pittsburgh does. If San Diego wins Pittsburgh goes to the playoffs no matter what else happens.

el borracho
12-25-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm pretty sure if the Chiefs win next week and a giant meteor destroys Qualcomm stadium obliterating both the Broncos and the Chargers then we win the division.