PDA

View Full Version : I missed today's game.

milkman
12-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Can someone give me a brief summary of the game, including LJ's numbers, and final score?

Katipan
12-24-2005, 11:26 PM
First we both went 3 and out.

Then LJ drug the entire team to the endzone a couple of times.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Trent threw a really pretty 42-yard TD pass to Samie Parker, too.

And our defense kicked ass.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Stats

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051224_SD@KC

Katipan
12-24-2005, 11:32 PM
Jared Allen had a fun sack and everyone yelled larry larry larry but not when jared has his sack because that wouldn't make any sense

Logical
12-24-2005, 11:32 PM
LJ had 131 yards rushing and 48 receiving on 4 receptions 2 TDs one rushing and one receiving.

alanm
12-24-2005, 11:33 PM
And Sammie Parker torched their secondary for a 42 yrd TD. 2nd half was all a field position game. And a lot of slipping and sliding in the mud. I think Larry had 131 yrds on 30 or 31 carries. :thumb:

Logical
12-24-2005, 11:33 PM
Jared Allen had a fun sack and everyone yelled larry larry larry but not when jared has his sack because that wouldn't make any senseROFL

tk13
12-24-2005, 11:34 PM
It was a mud bath. Field was in horrific shape. We took better advantage of that than they did. Tomlinson only had like 49 yards on 15 carries. We shut him down except for one big run early in the second half. One big play that's probably gone unmentioned was on that very drive... Chargers kept driving, got down near the redzone. Brees sailed one a little high and it slipped through Tomlinson's hands and Surtain made a great diving catch for an INT. That was early in the 2nd half, and the Chargers never really threatened to get back in it after that, we won by 2 scores.

go bo
12-24-2005, 11:35 PM
LJ had 131 yards rushing and 48 receiving on 4 receptions 2 TDs one rushing and one receiving.now if he could just grasp the concept of pass blocking...

milkman
12-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Stats

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051224_SD@KC

Thanks GC.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Thanks GC.

There's a pics thread somewhere around here. Might be on page 2.

milkman
12-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Jared Allen had a fun sack and everyone yelled larry larry larry but not when jared has his sack because that wouldn't make any sense

Who the hell said anything had to make sense?

milkman
12-24-2005, 11:42 PM
It was a mud bath. Field was in horrific shape. We took better advantage of that than they did. Tomlinson only had like 49 yards on 15 carries. We shut him down except for one big run early in the second half. One big play that's probably gone unmentioned was on that very drive... Chargers kept driving, got down near the redzone. Brees sailed one a little high and it slipped through Tomlinson's hands and Surtain made a great diving catch for an INT. That was early in the 2nd half, and the Chargers never really threatened to get back in it after that, we won by 2 scores.

I went to KCChiefs.com, and they described it as a tippied passed.

Katipan
12-24-2005, 11:42 PM
Who the hell said anything had to make sense?

well...

try yelling "larry larry larry" the next time you're loving on your woman, baby.

milkman
12-24-2005, 11:44 PM
well...

try yelling "larry larry larry" the next time you're loving on your woman, baby.

I know a nice young lady named "Gary".
I'll try it on her, if my wife will let me.

Hammock Parties
12-25-2005, 12:07 AM
I went to KCChiefs.com, and they described it as a tippied passed.

It was tipped off LT's hands and Surtain dove behind him for the INT.

Dunit35
12-25-2005, 12:10 AM
It was a sweet ass victory because we eliminated da Chargers from playoffs.

shaneo69
12-25-2005, 01:43 AM
Gunther's defense shut down the highest-scoring offense in the league.

Hammock Parties
12-25-2005, 01:51 AM
Gunther's defense shut down the highest-scoring offense in the league.

Yeah it was great. Where the **** was it when it mattered?

shaneo69
12-25-2005, 01:55 AM
Yeah it was great. Where the **** was it when it mattered?

Were the schemes today any different than they were last week?

Not that I could tell. Only difference was they actually tackled today as opposed to last week's debacle.

We sure as hell didn't blitz any more today than we did last week.

tk13
12-25-2005, 02:00 AM
The biggest difference is the field was so jacked up the Chargers couldn't run any misdirection/trick plays.

I think the defense is better. I think today proved that. If you just line up and play straight up against us we will destroy you.

But we still don't know if they can take the next step and stop counter plays and misdirection and all the garbage people threw at us the last 3 weeks. The Giants ran counters with Tiki, before that Dallas was throwing flea flickers and reverses at us, and the week before that Shanahan pulled every trick in his playbook out, all the way down to the backup QB draw... our defense never really got worse I think, offenses just adjusted.

shaneo69
12-25-2005, 02:11 AM
The biggest difference is the field was so jacked up the Chargers couldn't run any misdirection/trick plays.

I think the defense is better. I think today proved that. If you just line up and play straight up against us we will destroy you.

But we still don't know if they can take the next step and stop counter plays and misdirection and all the garbage people threw at us the last 3 weeks. The Giants ran counters with Tiki, before that Dallas was throwing flea flickers and reverses at us, and the week before that Shanahan pulled every trick in his playbook out, all the way down to the backup QB draw... our defense never really got worse I think, offenses just adjusted.

I totally agree. Gunther did the same thing in his first stint as DC. We were great against vanilla offenses, but throw in some trick plays, and we would get fooled. Only difference 10 years later is....some teams aren't afraid to run misdirection after misdirection after misdirection at us all day long.

But I definitely think Marty took one look at the conditions today and told his OC not to try any of the tricky crap.

It's kind of nice to know that we can line up against a good offense and dominate with our defense, and then turn around and dominate a good defense with our ground game.

Hammock Parties
12-25-2005, 02:12 AM
Bla bla bla bla....we're ranked 28th in the league.

Gunther didn't get it done.

philfree
12-25-2005, 04:54 AM
Good game and the main thing is we were at home. I haven't done it but check the stats on wins at home for all teams. Hell the refs gave the Chargers their only TD.....Fuggin O line moved on consectutive downs and there was no whistle. I don't believe in conspir...hell I'm to toasted to spell it but.......

PhilFree:arrow:

Coogs
12-25-2005, 10:15 AM
now if he could just grasp the concept of pass blocking...

Or if we could go back to the play action pass game with LJ that we seemed to have abandoned since Roaf is back. That was working well, and LJ would be a receiver in that scheme too as opposed to blocking full time on passing plays out of the straight drop back pass.

milkman
12-25-2005, 10:19 AM
Bla bla bla bla....we're ranked 28th in the league.

Gunther didn't get it done.

Oh come on!

Are you trying to say that Gunt isn't the greatest DC evah!?!?

Skip Towne
12-25-2005, 10:37 AM
I kept waiting for the cut back running to begin but it never did. Tiki had 13 yards on 10 carries before the Giants started doing it. I still don't think we can stop it.

LiL stumppy
12-25-2005, 11:04 AM
Tynes missed the extra point.So it should have been 21-14 but instead it was 20-14 :)

Bwana
12-25-2005, 11:42 AM
http://www.nfl.com/scores

click on: Video Highlights

milkman
12-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Tynes missed the extra point.So it should have been 21-14. :)

How does Tynes missed extra point give SD 7 points? :shrug:

milkman
12-25-2005, 11:47 AM
http://www.nfl.com/scores

click on: Video Highlights

Thanks Bwana.