PDA

View Full Version : Outcome of Steelers game irrelevant...

htismaqe
12-25-2005, 08:35 AM
Denver has the #2 seed locked up. SD will win, they won't lay down knowing they have a chance to do to KC what KC did to them yesterday...

B2chiefsfan
12-25-2005, 08:36 AM
Go 10-6 and not make the playoffs..............ouch!!!!!:banghead:

BTW, Merry Christmas..........:)

CinciFan
12-25-2005, 08:42 AM
Denver has the #2 seed locked up. SD will win, they won't lay down knowing they have a chance to do to KC what KC did to them yesterday...

I think if PIT loses to DET, you win and Den wins, you get the final WC spot.

Likely you'll beat Cincy next week..

Dave Lane
12-25-2005, 11:51 AM
San Diego is out doesn't matter what they do they are out totally. If Pit loses and we win we are in that simple I'd say we have alost a 2% chance.

Dave

milkman
12-25-2005, 11:55 AM
San Diego is out doesn't matter what they do they are out totally. If Pit loses and we win we are in that simple I'd say we have alost a 2% chance.

Dave

No, if KC wins and Pitt loses, SD has to lose also.

DenverChief
12-25-2005, 11:56 AM

Dave

For the Chiefs to make the postseason, three things have to happen: On Saturday, Denver must win at San Diego On Sunday, Kansas City must beat Cincinnati at Arrowhead On Sunday, Detroit must win at Pittsburgh"Detroit needs to go sign Barry Sanders (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1102) for just one more week," Chiefs left tackle Willie Roaf (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4158) said. "It's going to be tough." http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20051224_SD@KC

Lzen
12-25-2005, 11:59 AM
I don't understand what the Denver vs San Diego game has to do with anything about the Chiefs or Pittsburgh making the playoffs. Can someone please explain this?

DenverChief
12-25-2005, 12:02 PM
I don't understand what the Denver vs San Diego game has to do with anything about the Chiefs or Pittsburgh making the playoffs. Can someone please explain this?

I think it has something to do with tie-breakers...San Diego still holds a tie brekaer over us (common opponents) and if they win we are tied with them but they win the tie breaker with us and lose to someone else (which is why they are eliminated)

CHIEF4EVER
12-25-2005, 12:03 PM

DaveExactly. Whether SD wins or loses is completely irrelevant. If we win, we have the conference record tiebreaker with SD even if they win vs. Dungver. That is why they are already eliminated. We have to win and Pitt has to lose. That would make both clubs 10-6 with us holding the tiebreaker over Pitt (conference record). I fail to see how SD has any impact whatsoever on our destiny.

Brock
12-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Exactly. Whether SD wins or loses is completely irrelevant. If we win, we have the head to head tiebreaker with SD even if they win vs. Dungver. That is why they are already eliminated. We have to win and Pitt has to lose. That would make both clubs 10-6 with us holding the tiebreaker over Pitt (conference record). I fail to see how SD has any impact whatsoever on our destiny.

You are mistaken.

DenverChief
12-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Exactly. Whether SD wins or loses is completely irrelevant. If we win, we have the head to head tiebreaker with SD even if they win vs. Dungver. That is why they are already eliminated. We have to win and Pitt has to lose. That would make both clubs 10-6 with us holding the tiebreaker over Pitt (conference record). I fail to see how SD has any impact whatsoever on our destiny.

So IF we win both last games and pitt wins out we are screwed however if pitt loses today or next week and SD loses today and wins next week OR if JAX loses out

..................W-L.......Div......Conf
Pittsburgh.....10-6........4-2.......7-5 (one win one loss)
Sandy Eggo....10-6.......4-2.......8-4 (one win one loss)
Kansas City.....10-6.......4-2......9-3 (two wins)
JAX................10-6......2-4......7-5 (two losses

Wildcard Tiebreakers are:
Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4. Strength of victory.
5. Strength of schedule.
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best net points in conference games.
9. Best net points in all games.
10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
11. Coin toss.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)
1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Division tiebreaker
Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

PItt: 2-1
San Diego (W)
Cincinnatti (W)
Cincinnatti (L)

San Diego:8-3
Denver (W/L)
Giants (W)
NE (W)
OAK (W/L)
Philly (W)
Jets (W)
Buffalo (W)
Miami (L)
Washington (W)

KC:7-4
Denver (W/L)
Giants (L)
NE (W)
OAK (W/W)
Philly (L)
Jets (W)
Buffalo (L)
Miami (W)
Washington (W)

Brock
12-25-2005, 12:10 PM

If SD wins and Pittsburgh loses, KC is out and Pittsburgh is still in because they beat the Chargers head to head. If SD loses and Pittsburgh loses, the Chiefs are in. (assuming KC wins Jan 1)

DenverChief
12-25-2005, 12:13 PM
If SD wins and Pittsburgh loses, KC is out and Pittsburgh is still in because they beat the Chargers head to head. If SD loses and Pittsburgh loses, the Chiefs are in. (assuming KC wins Jan 1)

There ya go..I thought it was a common game thing...

go bo
12-25-2005, 12:15 PM
So IF we win both last games and pitt wins out we are screwed however if pitt loses today or next week and SD loses today and wins next week OR if JAX loses out

..................W-L.......Div......Conf
Pittsburgh.....10-6........4-2.......7-5 (one win one loss)
Sandy Eggo....10-6.......4-2.......8-4 (one win one loss)
Kansas City.....10-6.......4-2......9-3 (two wins)
JAX................10-6......2-4......7-5 (two losses

Wildcard Tiebreakers are:
Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4. Strength of victory.
5. Strength of schedule.
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best net points in conference games.
9. Best net points in all games.
10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
11. Coin toss.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)
1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Division tiebreaker
Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

PItt: 2-1
San Diego (W)
Cincinnatti (W)
Cincinnatti (L)

San Diego:8-3
Denver (W/L)
Giants (W)
NE (W)
OAK (W/L)
Philly (W)
Jets (W)
Buffalo (W)
Miami (L)
Washington (W)

KC:7-4
Denver (W/L)
Giants (L)
NE (W)
OAK (W/W)
Philly (L)
Jets (W)
Buffalo (L)
Miami (W)
Washington (W)oh great...

mr cut and paste is baaaaack... :p :p :p

CHIEF4EVER
12-25-2005, 12:16 PM
You are mistaken.

I mistyped 'head to head'. We have a better conference percentage than SD however. That is the second tiebreaker if head to head is even.

|Zach|
12-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Exactly. Whether SD wins or loses is completely irrelevant. If we win, we have the conference record tiebreaker with SD even if they win vs. Dungver. That is why they are already eliminated. We have to win and Pitt has to lose. That would make both clubs 10-6 with us holding the tiebreaker over Pitt (conference record). I fail to see how SD has any impact whatsoever on our destiny.
Wrong as always.

DenverChief
12-25-2005, 12:18 PM
oh great...

mr cut and paste is baaaaack... :p :p :p

IT'S COPY AND PASTE

:harumph:

CHIEF4EVER
12-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Thanks GoBo. I was mistaken about the 3 way tie part. SD has us because of a 1 game lead in Common Opponents in the event of a 3 way tie.

|Zach|
12-25-2005, 12:19 PM
IT'S COPY AND PASTE

:harumph:
Total respect.

Brock
12-25-2005, 12:19 PM
I mistyped 'head to head'. We have a better conference percentage than SD however. That is the second tiebreaker if head to head is even.

No, the second tiebreaker is division games. The third tiebreaker is common games. conference is the 4th tiebreaker.

CHIEF4EVER
12-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Wrong as always.

Dude, I don't know what brought on THAT snide remark but if you have a problem with me on some personal level just man up and speak your mind if you are capable. Or maybe you and I should just place each other on iggy for the good of peace on the board.

penchief
12-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Ironically, the only thing Denver has to gain from next week's game is to see the Chiefs eliminated. I think the level of hatred for us is the same as ours is for them.

The way I see it, Denver will probably lay down for the Chargers because they both have only one thing to play for or "not" play for; eliminating a rival that just finished beating them.

After the asswhipping that LJ gave Denver I don't think they want to see our running game in the playoffs.

Brock
12-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Dude, I don't know what brought on THAT snide remark but if you have a problem with me on some personal level just man up and speak your mind if you are capable. Or maybe you and I should just place each other on iggy for the good of peace on the board.

Zach can't help himself. He's a born douchebag.

Logical
12-25-2005, 12:35 PM
Exactly. Whether SD wins or loses is completely irrelevant. If we win, we have the conference record tiebreaker with SD even if they win vs. Dungver. That is why they are already eliminated. We have to win and Pitt has to lose. That would make both clubs 10-6 with us holding the tiebreaker over Pitt (conference record). I fail to see how SD has any impact whatsoever on our destiny.No sorry, cdcox explains it and trust me he is the BB expert and knows the tiebreakers inside and out. Here is his explanation.

Assume KC, SD, and Pitt end up tied at 10-6.

This is a 3-way tie for the WC.

The first applicable rule in the 3-way conference tiebreaker is:

This means we have to break the tie between KC and SD before Pitt even enters the picture.

So those tiebreakers are as follows:

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs). We split the games.

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division. Both teams would be 4-2 under the senario under consideration.

Here SD would beat us, as I described in the post above.

Now SD would go on to face Pitt in a 2-team conference tiebreaker.

1. Head-to-head, if applicable. Pitt beat SD earlier this season, so they would qualify.

If instead, only KC and Pitt are tied at 10-6 (SD losing to Denver next week) then we have a 2-way Conference tiebreaker between KC and Pitt. This is what we want.

1. Head-to-head, if applicable. Not applicable.

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference. Our conference record would be better than theirs. We would go to the playoffs.

milkman
12-25-2005, 12:36 PM

It's Christmas!

Peace on the Planet, and Goodwill to morons!

DenverChief
12-25-2005, 12:38 PM
No sorry, cdcox explains it and trust me he is the BB expert and knows the tiebreakers inside and out. Here is his explanation.

What am I chopped liver?:harumph:

CHIEF4EVER
12-25-2005, 12:40 PM
No sorry, cdcox explains it and trust me he is the BB expert and knows the tiebreakers inside and out. Here is his explanation.

I have already digressed as I was in error. I will do so again. BTW, how is your Christmas going Jim? Merry Christmas dude.

Logical
12-25-2005, 12:41 PM
What am I chopped liver?:harumph:Not at all, I just found cdcox's explanation with direct application right inside it very easy to understand.

Logical
12-25-2005, 12:42 PM
I have already digressed as I was in error. I will do so again. BTW, how is your Christmas going Jim? Merry Christmas dude.I am the only one up, everyone is sleeping in but it is going fine thanks.

DenverChief
12-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Not at all, I just found cdcox's explanation with direct application right inside it very easy to understand.

:D...Just messin with ya....bored as hell at work....

milkman
12-25-2005, 12:43 PM
I am the only one up, everyone is sleeping in but it is going fine thanks.

Same here.

Merry Christmas Jim.

Skip Towne
12-25-2005, 12:46 PM
:D...Just messin with ya....bored as hell at work....
Can't you go torture some prisoners or something?

BigMeatballDave
12-25-2005, 01:15 PM
:D...Just messin with ya....bored as hell at work....Working on Christmas day...Blasphemy!

|Zach|
12-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Zach can't help himself. He's a born douchebag.
Ah yes, Brock's single post. Won't hear much more from him on this thread.

DenverChief
12-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Working on Christmas day...Blasphemy!

Crime knows no holiday

cdcox
12-25-2005, 02:34 PM
What am I chopped liver?:harumph:

Here is the OFFICIAL levels of achievement in tiebreaker application:

Spam: Know that tiebreakers exist, but use them incorrectly

Chopped Liver: Apply tiebreakers correctly

Smoked Briskett: Have programmed a computer to handle any NFL tiebreaker including all 32 teams finishing 8-8.

So, yes it does appear that you are chopped liver. :)

Skip Towne
12-25-2005, 02:37 PM

Smoked Briskett: Have programmed a computer to handle any NFL tiebreaker including all 32 teams finishing 8-8.

So, yes it does appear that you are chopped liver. :)
I hear he's gay too.

DenverChief
12-25-2005, 02:37 PM

So, yes it does appear that you are chopped liver. :)ROFL

cdcox
12-25-2005, 02:40 PM
I hear he's gay too.

I must confess that I did choose my cuts of meat carefully to avoid any innuendo.

jynni
12-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Okay - I'm confused.

Some media outlets say SD is out - fork in 'em done. Even if they win vs. Dungver - they are still out.

Now I'm also hearing that if they win next week they can still get in?

Which is it?

I thought all that had to happen was for Det to beat Pitt (not a snowballs chance in hell)?

milkman
12-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Okay - I'm confused.

Some media outlets say SD is out - fork in 'em done. Even if they win vs. Dungver - they are still out.

Which is it?

I thought all that had to happen was for Det to beat Pitt (not a snowballs chance in hell)?

Stick the fork in 'em, they are done.

ChiefFripp
12-25-2005, 04:08 PM
There is no way in hell Pitt loses to Detroit anyways. And us beating The Bengals is a tall order by itself. We aren't going to the playoffs, just accept it.

B2chiefsfan
12-25-2005, 04:12 PM
There is no way in hell Pitt loses to Detroit anyways. And us beating The Bengals is a tall order by itself. We aren't going to the playoffs, just accept it.

It ain't over until it's over........rochambeau

cdcox
12-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Okay - I'm confused.

Which is it?

Like Sidewinder said, they are out of it. They can't make the playoffs no matter what. But their game does have bearing on if we make it. We need them to lose (or tie) next week.

tk13
12-25-2005, 04:55 PM
I don't know, it'll be interesting to see what kinda intensity SD brings to the table. And how much rest Shanahan gives his players considering they do get a bye week.

I'm sure Marty will try and rally the troops, they've had a long season though. Plus, I wonder if they'll play Rivers at QB, or at least get him some snaps. You'd think they'd want to get him some work. I would not be surprised to see Rivers and Michael Turner in this game.

Logical
12-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Same here.

Merry Christmas Jim.Merry Christmas

Warrior5
12-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Ironically, the only thing Denver has to gain from next week's game is to see the Chiefs eliminated. I think the level of hatred for us is the same as ours is for them.

Not possible...there is a greater probability of the Chiefs getting that final WC slot than there is for this statement to be true.

Matt Helm
12-25-2005, 05:53 PM
I think San Diego peaked early. I don't really give Detroit much chance against the Steelers, but we can always hope. It is dumb to think of the other things that needs to happen, the Chiefs have to win to even be in the game at this point.

I will take a back door into the playoffs. Getting there might just be the impetitus they need to keep their game on line and win the whole thing. Never can tell!

Tribal Warfare
12-25-2005, 06:14 PM
On Christmas, 666 views on this thread :fire::eek: :rockon:

12-25-2005, 06:54 PM
For the Chiefs to make the postseason, three things have to happen: On Saturday, Denver must win at San Diego On Sunday, Kansas City must beat Cincinnati at Arrowhead On Sunday, Detroit must win at Pittsburgh"Detroit needs to go sign Barry Sanders (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1102) for just one more week," Chiefs left tackle Willie Roaf (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4158) said. "It's going to be tough." http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20051224_SD@KC

YES. This is exactly what has to happen. all other scenarios are false.

This is IT. Right here. no other options for KC. This must happen to make the playoffs this year.

KcMizzou
12-25-2005, 07:01 PM
On Christmas, 666 views on this thread :fire::eek: :rockon:

htismaqe
12-25-2005, 09:28 PM

The way I see it, Denver will probably lay down for the Chargers because they both have only one thing to play for or "not" play for; eliminating a rival that just finished beating them.

After the asswhipping that LJ gave Denver I don't think they want to see our running game in the playoffs.

Exactly. We're going home, even if we win.

Hammock Parties
12-25-2005, 09:28 PM
I just want to crush the Bengals and make those pussies cry for what they did to us in 2003.

htismaqe
12-25-2005, 09:30 PM

I know that there's no way Pitt loses to the Lions.

I'm just saying it won't matter anyway. SD will beat Denver.

Frazod
12-25-2005, 09:39 PM
I just want to crush the Bengals and make those pussies cry for what they did to us in 2003.

Works for me, as long as that asshat Vermeil actually does retire/get whacked.

12-25-2005, 09:42 PM

Past history dictates that this will happen....
On Saturday, Denver will win at San Diego On Sunday, Kansas City must beat Cincinnati at Arrowhead. We lose On Sunday, Detroit must win at Pittsburgh. Detroit wins.Life of a Chiefs fan there.:banghead:

Frazod
12-25-2005, 09:45 PM
Past history dictates that this will happen.... On Saturday, Denver will win at San Diego On Sunday, Kansas City must beat Cincinnati at Arrowhead. We lose On Sunday, Detroit must win at Pittsburgh. Detroit wins.Life of a Chiefs fan there.:banghead:

I would be forced to f#cking shoot myself. :cuss:

KCWolfman
12-25-2005, 09:48 PM
Obviously, Pit has a much better chance than SD does next Sunday.

They are on a tear and are an upset special waiting to happen in the playoffs.

KcMizzou
12-25-2005, 09:48 PM
On Saturday, Denver will win at San Diego On Sunday, Kansas City must beat Cincinnati at Arrowhead. We lose On Sunday, Detroit must win at Pittsburgh. Detroit wins.Life of a Chiefs fan there.:banghead:
I said the same thing earlier today. That'd just... ugh.... I don't know.

If we somehow DID happen to squeak in, though...

Hammock Parties
12-25-2005, 09:53 PM

Oh god no....

12-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Talk about the depression followed by extreme outrage it would generate that night.

sedated
12-25-2005, 09:56 PM
We can't be upset about our hopeless position.

The DAL and NYG losses are why we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

No one to blame but Grandpa Dick Vermeil.

Don't come back, please

12-25-2005, 09:58 PM

Don't come back, please

Sure we can. We just can't do anything about it.:cuss:

Matt Helm
12-25-2005, 10:00 PM

Don't go making promises you can't keep.

Your avatar guy has already done so, at least in FMJ.

KcMizzou
12-25-2005, 10:01 PM

Oh, yes we can.

On the bright side, I don't feel as gloomy about the future as I did a couple weeks ago. Thanks mainly to LJ.

tk13
12-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Obviously, Pit has a much better chance than SD does next Sunday.

They are on a tear and are an upset special waiting to happen in the playoffs.
I think they'll go into Cincy and take them down the first week of the playoffs. As much as people have complained the last couple weeks about not wanting to see us squeak in, I think we can take Cincy. And I think Larry Johnson would go insane on Indianapolis. We match up well with a lot of the AFC playoff teams.

KCWolfman
12-25-2005, 10:11 PM

Don't come back, please
You forgot that pathetic Buffalo game as well.

And letting Philly come back

cdcox
12-25-2005, 10:19 PM

Or your refrigerator.

Hammock Parties
12-25-2005, 10:20 PM
We match up well with a lot of the AFC playoff teams.

I know. It makes it all the more maddening that we're going to miss the playoffs by one game, most likely. :banghead:

12-25-2005, 10:22 PM
I know. It makes it all the more maddening that we're going to miss the playoffs by one game, most likely. :banghead:

Which, technically, would make us the "Best team not to make the playoffs." Damn Bolt lovin' national media.

KCWolfman
12-25-2005, 10:23 PM
I think they'll go into Cincy and take them down the first week of the playoffs. As much as people have complained the last couple weeks about not wanting to see us squeak in, I think we can take Cincy. And I think Larry Johnson would go insane on Indianapolis. We match up well with a lot of the AFC playoff teams.
I agree with everything above.

LJ has yet to find a defense that shuts him down. Indy would be a fine test.

12-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Lets just hope that Denver wins Saturday so at least Sunday will still have possible playoff implications. Although anorexically thin.

milkman
12-25-2005, 10:32 PM
I agree with everything above.

LJ has yet to find a defense that shuts him down. Indy would be a fine test.

I don't know if they would be a fine test.

They are fast and quick, but are on the smallish side, except for Simon.

LJ would just pound them into submission, and own them in the 4th qtr them much the same way that he did the Donkeys.

Hammock Parties
12-31-2005, 06:31 PM
Eat the corn nuggets out of my shit, Parker.

Calcountry
12-31-2005, 06:33 PM
Denver has the #2 seed locked up. SD will win, they won't lay down knowing they have a chance to do to KC what KC did to them yesterday...I guess you don't know everything.
:D

siberian khatru
12-31-2005, 06:38 PM
With a track record like this, why should I believe you on Ferentz?

FringeNC
12-31-2005, 06:41 PM
Well if Marty's halftime interview was any indication of what Marty's halftime speech would be like.....no wonder they looked lost.

VonneMarie
12-31-2005, 06:43 PM
Well if Marty's halftime interview was any indication of what Marty's halftime speech would be like.....no wonder they looked lost.
ROFL

chiefsfan1963
12-31-2005, 06:43 PM

htis wrong again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

siberian khatru
12-31-2005, 06:44 PM

Yeah, I thought Bonnie Bernstein was gonna say, "What the f*ck are you talking about?"

Skip Towne
12-31-2005, 06:47 PM
Have you seen anyone but Iowanians touting Ferentz? Me either.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 06:47 PM

I've been wrong many times.

Prognostication is educated guesswork. It comes with the territory.

My analysis of Ferentz doesn't involve any predictions. I don't know how he'd fare as an NFL head coach. Doesn't change the fact that he's a GREAT college coach.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 06:48 PM
htis wrong again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again?

I've been wrong a few times.

But I'd have to really go crazy to be wrong as often as you are.

And even if I could accomplish that, there's still no way I could be as big of an ass as you are.

ROYC75
12-31-2005, 06:49 PM
SD wanted to have the 3rd place schedule.......

FringeNC
12-31-2005, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I thought Bonnie Bernstein was gonna say, "What the f*ck are you talking about?"

She kept expecting him to make a point, and he kept rambling incoherently. There never was a punchline.

siberian khatru
12-31-2005, 06:50 PM

My analysis of Ferentz doesn't involve any predictions. I don't know how he'd fare as an NFL head coach. Doesn't change the fact that he's a GREAT college coach.

Dude, relax. Happy New Year.

:jester: PBJ :rockon: :BLVD:

Skip Towne
12-31-2005, 06:51 PM

Yes. A GREAT coach that can't beat Iowa State.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 06:56 PM
Have you seen anyone but Iowanians touting Ferentz? Me either.

Google it, 10 results per page. Out of the first 10 results I found:

Green Bay - not in Iowa
http://www.packersnews.com/archives/news/pack_24009217.shtml

Washington Post - not in Iowa
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/blog/2005/12/01/BL2005120100688.html

Pittsburgh - not in Iowa
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05243/562889.stm

Jacksonville - not in Iowa
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/JAC/6128379

Jay Glazer - not in Iowa
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5151456

Seriously, if you don't want to agree with me, don't. I don't care. But being ignorant in order to spite me makes you look pretty foolish...

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Dude, relax. Happy New Year.

:jester: PBJ :rockon: :BLVD:

I'm relaxed. Cold, calm, and calculated.

:D

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Yes. A GREAT coach that can't beat Iowa State.

And that's relevant how? Lot's of great coaches lose games. It's not like they've lost to Iowa State every time.

Skip Towne
12-31-2005, 06:58 PM
Google it, 10 results per page. Out of the first 10 results I found:

Green Bay - not in Iowa
http://www.packersnews.com/archives/news/pack_24009217.shtml

Washington Post - not in Iowa
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/blog/2005/12/01/BL2005120100688.html

Pittsburgh - not in Iowa
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05243/562889.stm

Jacksonville - not in Iowa

Jay Glazer - not in Iowa
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5151456

Seriously, if you don't want to agree with me, don't. I don't care. But being ignorant in order to spite me makes you look pretty foolish...
I'm talking about Planeteers wanting him for HC. And I'm not doing it for spite. It's true, only Iowanian Planeteers want him.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm talking about Planeteers wanting him for HC. And I'm not doing it for spite. It's true, only Iowanian Planeteers want him.

I think the main reason for that is that a good majority of the people here don't follow the Big 10, or more specifically follow the Big 12.

He doesn't coach at Michigan or Ohio State, so they don't get the national exposure of those schools.

But Ferentz has interviewed for at least 3 NFL jobs in the last 2 years and is one of the hottest names in NFL circles. There's a reason.

:thumb:

Skip Towne
12-31-2005, 07:08 PM
I think the main reason for that is that a good majority of the people here don't follow the Big 10, or more specifically follow the Big 12.

He doesn't coach at Michigan or Ohio State, so they don't get the national exposure of those schools.

But Ferentz has interviewed for at least 3 NFL jobs in the last 2 years and is one of the hottest names in NFL circles. There's a reason.

:thumb:
Couldn't prove it by me. I've never heard of him other than the attention he gets for blowing the Iowa State games. But I have noticed you Iowa guys blowing a nut over any marginally talented NFL prospect. Gallery, Kaeding and that midget QB from a couple of years ago.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 08:02 PM
Couldn't prove it by me. I've never heard of him other than the attention he gets for blowing the Iowa State games. But I have noticed you Iowa guys blowing a nut over any marginally talented NFL prospect. Gallery, Kaeding and that midget QB from a couple of years ago.

Well, considering your comments the other night, you're knowledge of college football is dubious at best.

Kaeding was 20 of 24 this season. Gallery plays for the Raiders.

As for that "midget" QB (who happens to be exactly the size of Aaron Brooks) if you had been PAYING ATTENTION, you would have noticed myself and several others say that he wasn't an NFL-caliber QB.

Try again.

Skip Towne
12-31-2005, 08:07 PM
Well, considering your comments the other night, you're knowledge of college football is dubious at best.

Kaeding was 20 of 24 this season. Gallery plays for the Raiders.

As for that "midget" QB (who happens to be exactly the size of Aaron Brooks) if you had been PAYING ATTENTION, you would have noticed myself and several others say that he wasn't an NFL-caliber QB.

Try again.
Nope, I've learned to pay no attention to anyhing Iowa as touted by you guys. Some of you wanted us to use our first rounder on Kaeding. And playing for the Raiders is an endorsement? Try again.

Logical
12-31-2005, 08:08 PM
I am suprised so many want him, his record at Iowa is not exactly stellar, OK yes, but not stellar.

chiefs4me
12-31-2005, 08:08 PM
I thought this was about the steelers......:D

Skip Towne
12-31-2005, 08:11 PM
I am suprised so many want him, his record at Iowa is not exactly stellar, OK yes, but not stellar.
What? He's GREAT. Well, according to Parker.,

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 09:10 PM
Nope, I've learned to pay no attention to anyhing Iowa as touted by you guys. Some of you wanted us to use our first rounder on Kaeding. And playing for the Raiders is an endorsement? Try again.

No we most certainly did not.

SEVERAL people were wanting to spend a 2nd rounder on Kaeding.

None of them were me.

And no, playing for the Raiders is not an endorsement. It's the reason he hasn't lived up to being the #2 pick. Had he gone somewhere where they actually nurture talent and have a head coach other than Norv Turner, I'm sure he'd be doing better.

You're pulling stuff out of your ass again, Skip, and it's not your tube of Preparation H.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 09:12 PM

He took over a team that was left in utter disarray by Fry. His first class of freshman was mostly walk-ons.

They only won 4 games in his first 2 years (1999 and 200). Since then, they've been to 5 straight bowl games (4 January 1 bowls) and won 4 of them, with one left to be played.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 09:13 PM
What? He's GREAT. Well, according to Parker.,

According to me, and lots and lots of people in the NFL.

Like I said, Google it. I know you won't, because you have no interest in pursuing the truth in this discussion. You're just messing around.

Skip Towne
12-31-2005, 09:16 PM
He took over a team that was left in utter disarray by Fry. His first class of freshman was mostly walk-ons.

They only won 4 games in his first 2 years (1999 and 200). Since then, they've been to 5 straight bowl games (4 January 1 bowls) and won 4 of them, with one left to be played.
Big Whoop! They'll let anybody in a bowl game these days. It used to be an honor but now you can watch Tulsa play Fresno State. I have disdain for your knowledge of college football.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 09:23 PM
Big Whoop! They'll let anybody in a bowl game these days. It used to be an honor but now you can watch Tulsa play Fresno State. I have disdain for your knowledge of college football.

That's weak Skip. I'm not talking about any old Bowl game. I'm talking 2 Outbacks, a Cap One, an Alamo, and 1 BCS bowl (Orange vs. USC).

They've beat Nick Saban's LSU team last year.

Obviously you have disdain for my knowledge of college football because you know you've been bested...

the Talking Can
12-31-2005, 09:26 PM
disdain AND bested?

wtf? are we English?

Skip Towne
12-31-2005, 09:26 PM
That's weak Skip. I'm not talking about any old Bowl game. I'm talking 2 Outbacks, a Cap One, an Alamo, and 1 BCS bowl (Orange vs. USC).

Obviously you have disdain for my knowledge of college football because you know you've been bested...
You should know weak. To claim bowl invitations as a testimony to Ferentz GREATNESS. I'm certainly not bested by the likes of you. You try to slip your weak shit by but some of us catch it.

TRR
12-31-2005, 09:27 PM
Ferentz isn't going anywhere. He has already "publicly" stated numerous times that he is happy with Iowa, and that the pro game left a sour taste in his mouth.

It will take a ton of money, some bad lucky at Iowa, and the perfect NFL situation for Ferentz to go back to the NFL.

siberian khatru
12-31-2005, 09:28 PM
disdain AND bested?

wtf? are we English?

surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 09:29 PM
Ferentz isn't going anywhere. He has already "publicly" stated numerous times that he is happy with Iowa, and that the pro game left a sour taste in his mouth.

It will take a ton of money, some bad lucky at Iowa, and the perfect NFL situation for Ferentz to go back to the NFL.

He's said repeatedly that he wants his kids to graduate in Iowa City. His youngest is 12. It's gonna be a while before he leaves...

12-31-2005, 09:30 PM
disdain AND bested?

wtf? are we English?

ROFLROFL

htismaqe
You should know weak. To claim bowl invitations as a testimony to Ferentz GREATNESS. I'm certainly not bested by the likes of you. You try to slip your weak shit by but some of us catch it.

Bowl invitations?

ROFL

Try Bowl VICTORIES. Over Texas Tech, LSU, and Florida.

Skip Towne

Well, there is that and no job offers. I've already stated publicly that I won't accept the presidency of the US.

htismaqe
disdain AND bested?

wtf? are we English?

ROFL

Logical
12-31-2005, 09:31 PM

Obviously you have disdain for my knowledge of college football because you know you've been bested...Sorry, just not all that impressed with Outback, Alamo, and Cap One bowls. It is not like his teams have only lost 1 game each year for the last 5 years. That is what I consider steller in college.

Skip Towne
12-31-2005, 09:34 PM
Sorry, just not all that impressed with Outback, Alamo, and Cap One bowls. It is not like his teams have only lost 1 game each year for the last 5 years. That is what I consider steller in college.
Exactly right, Jim. Those aren't bowl games. Just additional commercial games. I looked down on the Tangerine Bowl when they added that a thousand years ago.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 09:35 PM
Well, there is that and no job offers.

Other than the offer from Jacksonville that shows up on Google the minute you put in his name.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1491041&type=news
http://www.sportspages.com/blog/index.php?p=374&more=1

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 09:36 PM
Sorry, just not all that impressed with Outback, Alamo, and Cap One bowls. It is not like his teams have only lost 1 game each year for the last 5 years. That is what I consider steller in college.

You're not impressed with LSU?

That's some pretty strong shit you're on.

12-31-2005, 09:37 PM
Exactly right, Jim. Those aren't bowl games. Just additional commercial games. I looked down on the Tangerine Bowl when they added that a thousand years ago.

Just bring on a playoff and eliminate all the pointless bowls. Bet none of ya have heard this one ever... :hmmm:ROFL:banghead:

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 09:37 PM

What are bowl games then?

Would you be happier if they had a 12-team playoff? Iowa would have played in that playoff twice, maybe 3 times, in the last 4 years.

Seriously, I know you're just ****ing with me, because I know you're not that dumb.

Skip Towne
12-31-2005, 09:40 PM
According to me, and lots and lots of people in the NFL.

Like I said, Google it. I know you won't, because you have no interest in pursuing the truth in this discussion. You're just messing around.
It's what I do. You should know that after 5 years.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 09:43 PM
It's what I do. You should know that after 5 years.

Good Lord...5 years we've wasted...

Skip Towne
12-31-2005, 09:46 PM
What are bowl games then?

Would you be happier if they had a 12-team playoff? Iowa would have played in that playoff twice, maybe 3 times, in the last 4 years.

Seriously, I know you're just ****ing with me, because I know you're not that dumb.
Yes, I am messing with you but seriously bowl games have lost their meaning to me. It used to be a real treat for New Years Day to arrive where I could watch 4, count 'em, Four football games in one day. The Rose, Sugar, Cotton and the Grand Finale, the Orange that night. It was as good as Christmas. Now it's just a watered down ho hum deal. But you should know better than to use bowl appearances as a yardstick to your coachs' ability.

12-31-2005, 09:57 PM
Yes, I am messing with you but seriously bowl games have lost their meaning to me. It used to be a real treat for New Years Day to arrive where I could watch 4, count 'em, Four football games in one day. The Rose, Sugar, Cotton and the Grand Finale, the Orange that night. It was as good as Christmas. Now it's just a watered down ho hum deal. But you should know better than to use bowl appearances as a yardstick to your coachs' ability.

That was when New Years bowls were the reason you looked forward to New Years Day. Now the national championship is played on January not the 1st? WTF:cuss:

milkman
12-31-2005, 09:58 PM

You're absolutely right about bowl games and their meaning.
The thousands of bowl games added over the years, and the BCS have completely watered them down.
And in the end, the BCS process is only slightly better than the old system for determining the National Champion, except in a couple of seasons.

Logical
12-31-2005, 09:59 PM
You're not impressed with LSU?

That's some pretty strong shit you're on.I gave you my standard for college coaches. It is many consecutive 1 loss or less seasons. Very good would be 2 or less per season over many consecutive seasons.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 10:07 PM

I'm not using the Motor City Bowl or anything like that.

Yes, Bowl's have been watered down. But you can't seriously believe beating top 10-15 teams, regardless of what Bowl it's in, is overrated.

Like I said, go to a 12-team playoff. Iowa would have played in it in at least 2 of the last 4 years.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 10:08 PM
I gave you my standard for college coaches. It is many consecutive 1 loss or less seasons. Very good would be 2 or less per season over many consecutive seasons.

Sorry, Jim, but your "standard" is absolutely ABSURD.

Name a college coach that lives up to that other than Pete Carroll.

There's more to college football than coaching. You don't get to pick your players, they get to pick you.

Skip Towne
12-31-2005, 10:16 PM
I like to f* ck with people. It keeps the board active and incites argument. Just yesterday during the Mizzou game, Fraz started ranting about the officials so I started bitching about SC getting screwed by them. He got so excited he started using big letters. Good Times.