PDA

View Full Version : Four Brothers!

Halfcan
12-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Directed by John Singleton

Starring Mark Wahlberg, Tyreses Gibson, Andre Benjamin, and Garrett Hedlund.

Story of brotherly love from four troubled kids adopted off the Detroit streets. They come together again when their Mother is gunned down in an apparant store robbery. As they began to track down the killers, a mystery begins to unravel envolving powerful people in crime.

First rate car chase-the snow was a nice touch to add a layer of realism. The big shootouts were a bit predictable, but it's always cool to see a house shot to pieces by 6 hitman with sub-machine guns. The "Jackhammer" bullets were pretty cool as they smashed through concrete. For an action movie, it has a great story, good action, funny scenes, and a strong performace by Wahlberg. He won't win any awards, but is quickly becoming a favorite, as this time he plays a, grown up street punk, hockey playing, no nonsense bad ass. Nice fight sequence at the end. If your a Singleton fan, he did nothing to disapoint you. The story drags a bit in some parts, as several "Red Herring" sub-plots are thrown in to try and keep you guessing.

4 ice cold bottles of beer out of a Sixer.

greg63
12-25-2005, 11:09 PM

Story of brotherly love from four troubled kids adopted off the Detroit streets. They come together again when their Mother is gunned down in an apparant store robbery. As they began to track down the killers, a mystery begins to unravel envolving powerful people in crime.

First rate car chase-the snow was a nice touch to add a layer of realism. The big shootouts were a bit predictable, but it's always cool to see a house shot to pieces by 6 hitman with sub-machine guns. The "Jackhammer" bullets were pretty cool as they smashed through concrete. For an action movie, it has a great story, good action, funny scenes, and a strong performace by Wahlberg. He won't win any awards, but is quickly becoming a favorite, as this time he plays a, grown up street punk, hockey playing, no nonsense bad ass. Nice fight sequence at the end. If your a Singleton fan, he did nothing to disapoint you. The story drags a bit in some parts, as several "Red Herring" sub-plots are thrown in to try and keep you guessing.

4 ice cold bottles of beer out of a Sixer.
...That's to ensure that theater patrons have ample opportunity to get in a trip to the concessions and restrooms without missing any of the good stuff. :D

Rausch
12-25-2005, 11:16 PM

Ummm...........Pass.

Halfcan
12-25-2005, 11:17 PM
...That's to ensure that theater patrons have ample opportunity to get in a trip to the concessions and restrooms without missing any of the good stuff. :D

Yeah hurry back you are going to miss a shootout or a car chase. Or maybe Marky Mark pouring gas on somebody to get infomation.

Nzoner
12-25-2005, 11:23 PM
Ummm...........Pass.

yeah,I went to the theatre to see it,wished I would've passed,WAY over the top.

chefsos
12-25-2005, 11:43 PM
Sounds kind of like "The Sons of Katie Elder" goes to Detroit.

Halfcan
12-25-2005, 11:51 PM
yeah,I went to the theatre to see it,wished I would've passed,WAY over the top.

Yeah the story could have been better. Waving a gun at the B-ball game was "way over the top" for a Action movie though, I think it deleivered. The car chase was pretty cool, sliding around, shooting at each other.

Halfcan
12-25-2005, 11:52 PM
Sounds kind of like "The Sons of Katie Elder" goes to Detroit.

That was a classic. Marky Mark is a long way from being the Duke!