PDA

View Full Version : With the emergence of Larry Johnson, do you think Roaf & Shields will be back in '06?

Kylo Ren
12-25-2005, 11:12 PM
I think WITH Roaf and Shields on the O-line, LJ has a real shot at 2000 yrds, the NFL rushing title and/or the NFL single season TD record in '06. I think Roaf and Shields know this. Therefore, I think they may reconsider retirement and come back in '06. Most O-linemen would like to have a 2000 yd rusher on their resume'. I think they would love to be apart of that kind of season. Maybe I'm dreaming. But I do think the emergence of LJ will make a difference in their minds.

cdcox
12-25-2005, 11:15 PM
Excellent topic for discussion! In fact there is another thread discussing exactly the same thing about 4 posts down from this one.

MYKCCHIEFS
12-25-2005, 11:19 PM
As I said in the other thread.........

Here's (http://www.sportsline.com/video/player?id=103231s&channel=nfl) your answer straight from Will and Big Willie themselves. o:-)

12-25-2005, 11:19 PM
It is still going to depend on what happens with this team on the head coach situation. If the same staff returns next year, they might consider it. If a new HC comes in and Al sticks around, they might consider it. If a new HC comes and revamps the entire staff, I see them retiring.

Kylo Ren
12-25-2005, 11:28 PM

Here's (http://www.sportsline.com/video/player?id=103231s&channel=nfl) your answer straight from Will and Big Willie themselves. o:-) They didn't say anything.

Frankie
12-25-2005, 11:51 PM
I think WITH Roaf and Shields on the O-line, LJ has a real shot at 2000 yrds, the NFL rushing title and/or the NFL single season TD record in '06. I think Roaf and Shields know this. Therefore, I think they may reconsider retirement and come back in '06. Most O-linemen would like to have a 2000 yd rusher on their resume'.A man about to retire does not need a resume.

Frankie
12-25-2005, 11:53 PM

Here's (http://www.sportsline.com/video/player?id=103231s&channel=nfl) your answer straight from Will and Big Willie themselves. o:-)I can't make out a damn thing Roaf says. He seems to be a good ol' boy though.

kcfanintitanhell
12-26-2005, 12:44 AM
That didn't really tell me anything about them sticking around or retiring.
Did I miss something?

huskerdooz
12-26-2005, 12:54 AM
Couldn't hear it....damn work computer, no external speakers. I may have to go down the hall and swipe some from another room.

tk13
12-26-2005, 01:00 AM
I don't think it'd make a lick of difference. Shields has blocked for Marcus Allen, Joe Montana, Priest Holmes, etc... It'd be far more important that we have a competitive defense and a competitive team.

Logical
12-26-2005, 01:09 AM
For Roaf I would say that being paid is his concern.

For Shields it is his health.

Roaf will play Shields will retire, LJ will not make any difference IMO in either of their decisions.

grandllama
12-26-2005, 02:11 AM
I don't think it'd make a lick of difference. Shields has blocked for Marcus Allen, Joe Montana, Priest Holmes, etc... It'd be far more important that we have a competitive defense and a competitive team.

Agree, I think Roaf & Shields will sit back and watch what happens this offseason. If, in their minds, the necessary improvements have been made to make another run, they will back.

huskerdooz
12-26-2005, 02:26 AM
Agree, I think Roaf & Shields will sit back and watch what happens this offseason. If, in their minds, the necessary improvements have been made to make another run, they will back.

I hope they don't sit back too awfully much this offseason if they do indeed plan to return. IMO it has taken all season for them to get in the kind of shape they needed to be in to be their usual dominant selves.

phxchief
12-26-2005, 06:54 AM
For Roaf I would say that being paid is his concern.

For Shields it is his health.

Roaf will play Shields will retire, LJ will not make any difference IMO in either of their decisions.

Pretty much agree.

What obviously gets to us fans is that they're both still so dominant. It's not like Packers fans smiling at the back of Brett Favre. We're gonna miss these studs.

But Roaf is the cog in our offense. We need him.

Mr. Laz
12-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Roaf ... yes

shields ... no

jidar
12-26-2005, 10:55 AM
for the love of god I hope Roaf comes back at least.
I can't understand a ****ing thing he says, but I can see what he does on the field.

Kylo Ren
12-26-2005, 11:03 AM
They could both play another 2-3 years. It's a matter of "want to", as Roy Williams would say. I think being a part of a 2000 yd rushing performance could sway their minds.

Chan93lx50
12-26-2005, 12:46 PM
I thought at the begining of the season Roaf said he still has 2 to 3 more years in the tank.

Wish I had a link to go along with this.....

Johnson&Johnson
12-26-2005, 01:18 PM
Speaking of dreaming. I honestly believe that if for some special reasons, lady luck falls on us on New Year's Day and Pittsburgh looses to Detroit and we win our game vs. Cincy to make the playoffs...

More than likely KC will face Cincy again and if again we are fortunate to the point that the officiating is not bias and called sorry-ass late-hit penalties on our DBs (ie. DAL game), we will win our first playoff game with LJ pounding the rock and carrying us to our first playoff win in 11 years.

If that happens, perhaps Roaf and Shields might consider next season - of course if their health permits.

Rausch
12-26-2005, 01:28 PM
I can't make out a damn thing Roaf says. He seems to be a good ol' boy though.

I can't either.

Of course, that might be because it makes Nutscrape and Safari crash as soon as it starts loading.

Frankie
12-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Speaking of dreaming. I honestly believe that if for some special reasons, lady luck falls on us on New Year's Day and Pittsburgh looses to Detroit and we win our game vs. Cincy to make the playoffs...

More than likely KC will face Cincy again and if again we are fortunate to the point that the officiating is not bias and called sorry-ass late-hit penalties on our DBs (ie. DAL game), we will win our first playoff game with LJ pounding the rock and carrying us to our first playoff win in 11 years.

If that happens, perhaps Roaf and Shields might consider next season - of course if their health permits.
Wow!... Such a lot of "Ifs."