PDA

View Full Version : To Matt Millen and Mike Shanahan, I apologize.

Rain Man
12-26-2005, 01:29 PM
I, uh, I kind of need your teams to do well next week, so please accept my apologies.

To Mr. Millen, I apologize for all of the jokes about how you're too stupid to read your own name, and how you're trying to develop a 53-man roster of wide receivers. I see now that you're merely too busy to read, and that a roster full of wide receivers is a very clever way to make use of Joey Harrington's considerable talents. You have developed a strong and rising team, and I think that this final game against Pittsburgh will be the game that unveils your strategic plan and vaults your team to a successful 2006.

To Mr. Shanahan, where do I begin? We've had a rocky relationship these past several years, with all of my allegations that the Broncos are a cheating, chop-blocking, salary-cap-stealing, Elway-loving, cooking-oil-besodden excuse for a franchise. I see it in a new light now, though, and recognize that, to win in this league, a franchise must know and exploit every loophole in the rules. It's not about cheating the spirit of the game, it's about finding every little niche that can produce a competitive advantage. So for this game, I applaud you. I recognize that it's not technically illegal to land on the back of a defender's knees, so go for it, and godspeed.

I'm in my own personal hell right now.

Kerberos
12-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Spoken like a truely "Humble" man!

:D

kcfanXIII
12-26-2005, 01:41 PM
GULP! do you hear that? thats my pride being swallowed. as much as i hate it, g... g.... g-g-g-g-o b-b-b-b-b-bron....cos. god that was hard to say. any ways it could be worse, the steelers could be playing the faiders, at least detroit isn't a division rival.
hope everyone had a merry christmas, peace on earth and all that jazz.

chiefsfaninNC
12-26-2005, 01:56 PM
No way I ever pull for the Donkey's. Plus if KC makes the playoffs DV may return. Plus I don't want to back in to the playoffs. We controlled our destiny and blew it. Go Bolts.

kcfanXIII
12-26-2005, 01:57 PM
i don't want to back in either, but i'll take it. if we can just get in...(insert cliche here)

Rain Man
12-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Back in, drive in, bicycle in, I don't care. Once we're in, the season starts anew.

Frazod
12-26-2005, 02:09 PM
ROFL Rep for some Class A groveling!

stumppy
12-26-2005, 02:22 PM
ROFL

That's some funny shit right there.

Garcia Bronco
12-26-2005, 02:46 PM
B-Love (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=47) vbmenu_register("postmenu_899564", true);
Ring of Famer

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/icons/icon1.gif Season Finales at San Diego
<HR style="COLOR: #ff0000" SIZE=1>1974 - With a chance to set a team record for wins with 8, the Broncos go and lay an egg in a 17-0 loss to the vastly inferior Bolts. This game was one of the early indicators that John Ralston would never quite be able to get the team to the promised land. Instead of finishing with a team record 8-5-1, we finish 7-6-1. Otis Armstrong did secure the NFL rushing title, and became only one of 5 players ever to average more than 100 yards rushing per game. Pretty damn cool for that era of football.

1979 - With a Division Title and the AFC # 2 seed at stake, the Broncos play great Defense and hold Dan Fouts at bay for most of the game. Craig Morton is very accurate and drives the Broncos all night. But Morton throws two killer interceptions deep in Chargers territory and the Broncos fall 17-7. A game they easily could have had. Instead of hosting the Dolphins at home in the Divisional Playoffs, they go to the Astrodome, and lose in the Wild Card round.

1989 - A meaningless game with the Broncos having clinched home field. Against the backdrop of the American invasion of Panama and the effort to kill Noriega, this telecast was interrupted on several occasions. (At least I think it was, I'm not a great war historian.) Could have been early rumblings of the first Iraq invasion, not quite sure. Anyway, our only TD of the day, a shovel from Elway to Bobby Humphrey, was not even shown live, as it was interrupted for a special report. Broncos lose with 2nd teamers playing the whole 2nd half 19-16.

1991 - Finally some good news!!! With the Giants shocking win over the slowly imploding Houston Oilers the day before, a win in San Diego would give Denver the # 2 seed. And that's just what they got!! Elway didn't throw well that game but did hit important long balls to Michael Young, Steve Sewell and Shannon Sharpe. Greg Lewis and Steve Sewell scored important TD's as the 17-14 win gave us the 2 seed and set up Elway's drmatics two weeks later against the Oilers.

1996 - The Jeff Lewis Bowl!! LMAO, another meaningless game in Diego. Lewis makes some plays with his feet, but apprently can only see 5 yards downfield, ala, AJ Feeley and Kyle Orton. Dink, dunk, dink, dunk. Broncos lose 16-10. Hated that whole ending to the 1996 season. Grabbing our ankles with Musgrave at Green Bay, this Jell Lewis clunker and of course "The Day the Orange Died" vs. Jacksonville. Still knaws at me.

Share your memories.

penchief
12-26-2005, 03:12 PM
No way I ever pull for the Donkey's. Plus if KC makes the playoffs DV may return. Plus I don't want to back in to the playoffs. We controlled our destiny and blew it. Go Bolts.

My gut feeling is that DV is gone regardless.

However, with the way LJ is becoming more dominant every week and the way that Indy and Cincy are coming back to the pack I think our chances would be better than we chief fans think. We know we can beat NE and Denver. With every passing week LJ's play and attitude is becoming contagious.

Let's put it this way. It would be interesting and fun. We'd have nothing to lose. And with LJ dominating, the pressure would be on the opposing defenses (we controlled TOP against SD by almost ten minutes). I don't think anyone would be looking forward to playing us.

Mosbonian
12-26-2005, 03:13 PM
I have a better chance of a 3-way with the Jessica's (Simpson & Alba) than Detroit does of beating Pittsburgh....

mmaddog

gcbroncos
12-26-2005, 10:14 PM
I, uh, I kind of need your teams to do well next week, so please accept my apologies.

To Mr. Shanahan, where do I begin? We've had a rocky relationship these past several years, with all of my allegations that the Broncos are a cheating, chop-blocking, salary-cap-stealing, Elway-loving, cooking-oil-besodden excuse for a franchise. I see it in a new light now, though, and recognize that, to win in this league, a franchise must know and exploit every loophole in the rules. It's not about cheating the spirit of the game, it's about finding every little niche that can produce a competitive advantage. So for this game, I applaud you. I recognize that it's not technically illegal to land on the back of a defender's knees, so go for it, and godspeed.

I'm in my own personal hell right now.

even as a broncos fan... i gotta admit that was a pretty funny take...

good one....lol

Skip Towne
12-26-2005, 10:23 PM
I wish I was as eloquent as Rainman. I'd be writing novels.

Rausch
12-26-2005, 10:46 PM
Share your memories.

**** Elway.

Yeah, that 'bout covers it...

Frankie
12-27-2005, 12:39 AM
I have a better chance of a 3-way with the Jessica's (Simpson & Alba) than Detroit does of beating Pittsburgh....

mmaddog
*******Gee I hope you are secretly Brad Pitt.

Rausch
12-27-2005, 12:48 AM
Gee I hope you are secretly Brad Pitt.

Looking for a New Year's party?