PDA

View Full Version : NFT - Small Town Police

Iron Chef
12-27-2005, 10:15 AM
My wife was involved with a hit and run on 12/18, she got the tag number and filed a report with the Police. She was told to wait 7 days and call for an update, after calling she was told she needed to speak to the detective. She called the dective today and was told he knew nothing about it.

Got to love small town police.

Rain Man
12-27-2005, 10:16 AM
Ask to speak to Andy. Barney's clueless.

Dartgod
12-27-2005, 10:48 AM
Barney left Mayberry a long time ago to do dinner theater. That must have been Warren....or Goober, it could have been Goober.

RedNFeisty
12-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Screw the cops, if she got the tag number she should be able to go down to the DMV and get the address and insurance carrier of the person that hit her and then contact the insurance company with that info. It should cost about ten bucks to get the report from the DMV. That is what I did a few years back when some bitch hit me and then took off on foot. Funny part the bitch forgot to grab her cocaine vile that the cops found on the floor board.

Demonpenz
12-27-2005, 12:12 PM
plate number isn't enough if you just call an 800 number for an insurance company. I would try to get the make and model the plate number go to the dmv and try to get a address then call them to get the insurance info then just start calling some of the big companies to try to find that person. if non of that works some states have uninsured motorist for property damage that will cut your deductible down.

kepp
12-27-2005, 12:42 PM
You can bet that the cop that took the original report found out that the tag number belonged to a friend or aquaintence.

greg63
12-27-2005, 12:51 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

...Sounds like Coffeyville Police.

Iron Chef
12-27-2005, 12:59 PM
You can bet that the cop that took the original report found out that the tag number belonged to a friend or aquaintence.

Thats what I'm starting to think.

sedated
12-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Funny part the bitch forgot to grab her cocaine vile that the cops found on the floor board.

so that's what happened to the yao that I gave to my girlfriend.

I had to beat the sh!t out of her that night for losing it.

Rain Man
12-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Screw the cops, if she got the tag number she should be able to go down to the DMV and get the address and insurance carrier of the person that hit her and then contact the insurance company with that info. It should cost about ten bucks to get the report from the DMV. That is what I did a few years back when some bitch hit me and then took off on foot. Funny part the bitch forgot to grab her cocaine vile that the cops found on the floor board.

You can seriously do that? I always thought that stuff was privacy-protected or something, so that lunatics can't hunt down the attractive woman who was next to them at a stop light. Do you have to show a police report of an accident or anything, or can you just make a request?

Frazod
12-27-2005, 02:06 PM
I have little doubt that somebody connected owns the offending vehicle - otherwise, they'd be all over it, because that would result in a sizeable ticket, and the only thing those small-town c#cksuckers care about is money.

grandllama
12-27-2005, 02:10 PM
A little over a year ago I had $13,000 worth of DJ equipment stolen from a storage unit.

Made the report, cops took fingerprints, said to call the detective in about a week.

For a month tried to call the detective and got various answers why he wasn't available to take my call.

I was down at the city jail about a month ago on an unrelated matter and was required to speak to the detective... he told me he had just gotten the report and hadn't gotten around to starting work on it... and that he would call me about it in a few days....

Meanwhile the equipment has probably been pawned three or four times...

Pitt Gorilla
12-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Fredonia cops are the worst.

Inspector
12-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Fredonia cops are the worst.

I'd put the Lexington Mo. cops up against them as the worst.

Oh, the stories I've heard.

Hell, the experiences I've had..........

ptlyon
12-27-2005, 02:23 PM

STFU?

Inspector
12-27-2005, 02:28 PM
STFU?

Not a good police force. Not good guys at all.

Do NOT serve and protect anyone but themselves.

Actually pretty scary group.

RedNFeisty
12-27-2005, 03:35 PM
You can seriously do that? I always thought that stuff was privacy-protected or something, so that lunatics can't hunt down the attractive woman who was next to them at a stop light. Do you have to show a police report of an accident or anything, or can you just make a request?

That is what I did.

The insurance company was giving me shit about having to file the accident on my policy, told them b.s. I would have the other persons info in less then twenty four hours and I did. I took the tag number, went down to the DMV and said I needed information on this certain tag number. The lady typed on her key board, told me it was ten bucks, I paid her and she gave me the report. I didn't think it was possible either, I got a new license shortly there after and in the box that asked about making my records private, I checked that sucker quick.

RedNFeisty
12-27-2005, 03:37 PM
You let the cops get it?

The cops found it, I just saw them holding it up talking it about it. They also found a beer bottle that they said she must have been holding between her legs. She wasn't feeling any pain.

Iron Chef
12-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Update:

They found the Kid. 26 year old living with mommy. According to the detective Mom was doing all the talking for him. He thought if there was no damage that he could just leave, but the ass never got out of his car to check. The Detective said he ran fro 1 of 3 reasons 1. License was suspended 2. No insurance or 3. He was drunk. I’ll go with No 3. :cuss:

Well he did have insurance the day the accident happened; thank god. As it turned out it expired the next day.

All is well now.

JamSec128
12-28-2005, 04:03 PM
I'd put the Lexington Mo. cops up against them as the worst.

I would agree...Lexington is my home town sorry to say

Inspector
12-28-2005, 04:11 PM

We moved there to restore an old house. It turned out great but we got tired of the hassle and began to fear for our childrens safety.

So, sold the house and got away from the worse group of organized, uniformed criminals I've ever encountered.

Keep your head low and good luck. They are a scary bunch.

listopencil
12-28-2005, 05:51 PM
There's a flip side to small town police. A few years ago my older son was in the Boy Scouts. I was dropping him off at his weekly meeting and goofed up. I went the wrong way on a one-way street to get to the drop off point and this was right in front of the Police station, with a few cops standing there watching me. Fortunately for me the Boy Scout leader was also the Mayor, the Chief of the volunteer Fire Dep., the President of our Exchange Club, recent President of the Chamber Of Commerce and a prominent local businessman. He looked over at the cops and gave them the high sign so I didn't get a ticket.

Skyy God
12-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Funny part the bitch forgot to grab her cocaine vile that the cops found on the floor board.

Coke's bad stuff, sure, but isn't that a bit harsh.

4th and Long
12-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Lexington you say? I need to look you up one day.