PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why I want Mike Martz to be the Chiefs next HC

KCChiefsFan88
12-28-2005, 03:22 PM
My reasoning:

1) For all the talk that Martz is a bad coach, he has a 53-32 record as a head coach, and a 3-4 career playoff record. Gregg Williams has a 17-31 career head coaching record. It would be hard pressed to find any prospective coach who is going to be available this offseason (and I still think Fisher stays in Tennessee) with the NFL head coaching record that Martz has.

2) Martz would keep the basis of the Chiefs' current successful offensive system in place and would probably enhance the passing game by upgrading the WR position, making the Chiefs passing game more explosive. Also Martz and Trent Green have a history together and a positive relationship, which is important considering Trent will probably be the Chiefs starting QB for another 2 seasons at least IMO.

3) Martz has a proven track record of developing QBs (see Trent Green, which goes back to his days in Washington, Kurt Warner and Marc Bulger) and would be able to develop a young QB to eventually replace Trent Green.

4) All the gushing over Gregg Williams, people are forgetting how horrible he was as a head coach in Buffalo. That 3rd year where he had the players in place on defense that he had wanted, the Bills completely fell apart, finishing 6-10. All he's proven in Washington is that he's a good defensive coordinator, but nothing that would suggest he would be a better head coach if he were given a second chance.

5) Looking at college ranks, really no one stands out to me. I don't think Carroll will leave USC this offseason and I don't think Stoops would make a good NFL head coach (especially considering he is overrated as a college coach, see how Pete Caroll and Nick Saban toyed with and humiliated him in the Orange Bowl and Sugar Bowl the past 2 years). Not to mention, also that Stoops has zero NFL coaching experience.

6) I think Martz could be a guy who helps turn around the Chiefs defense. After his first year as head coach of the Rams, he led the Rams focus that offseason towards dramatically improving their defense, and he hired Lovie Smith to be DC. The following season the Rams finished in the top 10 in total defense and allowed 200 less points that season than they did the season before (second most dramatic improvement in NFL history). I'm not arguing that Martz was the main reason behind that improvement and I'm sure Lovie Smith was probably the main reason why, but Martz was the one who hired Lovie Smith and Martz led the initiative to dramatically improve the Rams defense that offseason.

Dartgod
12-28-2005, 03:26 PM
No f***ing way!

tk13
12-28-2005, 03:27 PM
I don't think he's an awful coach, but he doesn't protect the QB very well, he has to keep developing them because he kills them all off, he ruined Kurt Warner... and he doesn't run the ball. LJ would be having a fit in the media every week when he only got 15 carries.

teedubya
12-28-2005, 03:27 PM
7) These medications...

jidar
12-28-2005, 03:30 PM
I'd like Martz actually. Of all the prospects people have mentioned he's probably the best.
I don't like how little he runs the ball but I honestly think that with this line + LJ every coach you hire is going to pound the rock.

Eleazar
12-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Get out.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-28-2005, 03:33 PM
cheap ploy to get Jenny Gump neg rep

~good work

chagrin
12-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Just when I thought it wouldn't get worse, here comes Martz...he just sat one of the best 5 RB's in the game, after a Super Bowl run, in favor of his Passing game, and hadn't won anything since.

enough with this guy!

ROYC75
12-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Uh, OK, is this a joke.

Boy howdy, you had me going there for a second.

JBucc
12-28-2005, 03:54 PM
OC yes, HC **** NO!!!

Tribal Warfare
12-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Is that Bob Marley playing in the background :bong:

KCChiefsFan88
12-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Just when I thought it wouldn't get worse, here comes Martz...he just sat one of the best 5 RB's in the game, after a Super Bowl run, in favor of his Passing game, and hadn't won anything since.

enough with this guy!

He "sat" Faulk because Faulk has been hampered by injuries since that 2002 Super Bowl.

And since going to the Super Bowl he has been to the playoffs twice, including a playoff win last year in Seattle.

That would be more playoff wins than the Chiefs have had the past decade and more playoff wins/appearances than Gregg Williams EVER had as a head coach.

Thig Lyfe
12-28-2005, 04:02 PM
:shake:

chagrin
12-28-2005, 04:03 PM
so that's the reason he should be here. And you're wrong about the injuries to Faulk. He had one injury and Martz used that against him as a way to show off his passing game.

Since then, the team has drafted defensive players and tried everything to get him the talent he needs and he cannot win with them.

1 Playoff game won doesn't make him a great coach.

I'm not buying it, and I son't want Gregggg Williams either, they both suck ass at the head coaching position

htismaqe
12-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Somebody got a big bag of Skunk #1 Big Bud for Christmas...

royr17
12-28-2005, 04:11 PM
My reasoning:

1) For all the talk that Martz is a bad coach, he has a 53-32 record as a head coach, and a 3-4 career playoff record. Gregg Williams has a 17-31 career head coaching record. It would be hard pressed to find any prospective coach who is going to be available this offseason (and I still think Fisher stays in Tennessee) with the NFL head coaching record that Martz has.

2) Martz would keep the basis of the Chiefs' current successful offensive system in place and would probably enhance the passing game by upgrading the WR position, making the Chiefs passing game more explosive. Also Martz and Trent Green have a history together and a positive relationship, which is important considering Trent will probably be the Chiefs starting QB for another 2 seasons at least IMO.

3) Martz has a proven track record of developing QBs (see Trent Green, which goes back to his days in Washington, Kurt Warner and Marc Bulger) and would be able to develop a young QB to eventually replace Trent Green.

4) All the gushing over Gregg Williams, people are forgetting how horrible he was as a head coach in Buffalo. That 3rd year where he had the players in place on defense that he had wanted, the Bills completely fell apart, finishing 6-10. All he's proven in Washington is that he's a good defensive coordinator, but nothing that would suggest he would be a better head coach if he were given a second chance.

5) Looking at college ranks, really no one stands out to me. I don't think Carroll will leave USC this offseason and I don't think Stoops would make a good NFL head coach (especially considering he is overrated as a college coach, see how Pete Caroll and Nick Saban toyed with and humiliated him in the Orange Bowl and Sugar Bowl the past 2 years). Not to mention, also that Stoops has zero NFL coaching experience.

6) I think Martz could be a guy who helps turn around the Chiefs defense. After his first year as head coach of the Rams, he led the Rams focus that offseason towards dramatically improving their defense, and he hired Lovie Smith to be DC. The following season the Rams finished in the top 10 in total defense and allowed 200 less points that season than they did the season before (second most dramatic improvement in NFL history). I'm not arguing that Martz was the main reason behind that improvement and I'm sure Lovie Smith was probably the main reason why, but Martz was the one who hired Lovie Smith and Martz led the initiative to dramatically improve the Rams defense that offseason.

You are a dumbass and should be neg rep bombed.

Dartgod
12-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Somebody got a big bag of Skunk #1 Big Bud for Christmas...
And they're not sharing. :shake:

NJ Chief Fan
12-28-2005, 04:12 PM
bring in martz as a oc if carl brings in herm as a hc...this would balance out herm being conservative and martz being to agressive

CoMoChief
12-28-2005, 04:12 PM
I would no longer be a Chiefs fan if Martz is our new HC. He's a great coordinator, terrible HC. His 50something win record does not show for his inconsistency and goofy play calling. I wouldnt mind him as our QB coach or OC if Al Saunders was to replace DV. But other than that I view Martz as a whiny little baby. I pretty much hate the entire Rams organization as a whole.

CoMoChief
12-28-2005, 04:13 PM
If Houston is in position to draft Reggie Bush, I see Martz going to Houston to replace Capers.

SLAG
12-28-2005, 04:14 PM
I would no longer be a Chiefs fan if Martz is our new HC. He's a great coordinator, terrible HC. His 50something win record does not show for his inconsistency and goofy play calling. I wouldnt mind him as our QB coach or OC if Al Saunders was to replace DV. But other than that I view Martz as a whiny little baby. I pretty much hate the entire Rams organization as a whole.

I thought the chiefs had the rams by any other name thing going?

:shrug:

Lzen
12-28-2005, 04:15 PM
Martz is an idiot. No way do I wanna see him coaching the Chiefs.

KCChiefsFan88
12-28-2005, 04:15 PM
so that's the reason he should be here. And you're wrong about the injuries to Faulk. He had one injury and Martz used that against him as a way to show off his passing game.

Since then, the team has drafted defensive players and tried everything to get him the talent he needs and he cannot win with them.

1 Playoff game won doesn't make him a great coach.

I'm not buying it, and I son't want Gregggg Williams either, they both suck ass at the head coaching position

Faulk hasn't been able to play in more than 14 games in a season (including only 11 games in 2003) since the '99-'00 season. So I wouldn't say that is just one injury.

And Martz as a head coach has been to 7 playoff games, with 3 playoff wins and a Super Bowl appearance.

Is there another head coaching possibility that is realistically going to be available this offseason with that proven NFL track record as a head coach?

Not Gregg Williams
Not Bob Stoops
Not Pete Carroll
Not Al Saunders

seclark
12-28-2005, 04:22 PM
no
sec

SPchief
12-28-2005, 04:25 PM
My reasoning:

Your and idiot.

**** NO to Mike Martz
have you watched him coach any games??

CoMoChief
12-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Theres not another team in the NFL that is on a faster decline than the St Louis Rams, thanks to Martz.

Bwana
12-28-2005, 04:29 PM
No

StcChief
NFW.
Can't manage the game clock.

OLine collapse in decline since 2000.

OC maybe not HC anywhere.

CoMoChief
Martz knows about defense just as much as Vermeil does, which is barely above a 4th graders knowledge about defense.

Bearcat
12-28-2005, 04:30 PM
My reasoning:

1) For all the talk that Martz is a bad coach, he has a 53-32 record as a head coach, and a 3-4 career playoff record.

Martz has that record because of talent on the field, not because of his talent on the sideline..... this is like Carl Peterson a week ago telling us that "any team's realistic expectation at the beginning of the season is to have a chance at a playoff birth going into the last week of the season"...... um, no. A good regular season record isn't always good enough. The Rams had a lot more potential than 1 SB win (as hard as that is to say).

KCChiefsFan88
12-28-2005, 04:31 PM

He's a terrible head coach with a 53-32 career record, including 3 playoff wins and a Super Bowl appearance? If a guy is a "terrible head coach" in your opinion with those credentials, what kind of head coach would that make Gregg Williams who has a 17-31 career record with no playoff wins or appearances.

sedated
12-28-2005, 04:35 PM
As much as I'd love to see LJ sitting on the bench...I must disagree.

Hoover
12-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Well he would save LJ, because he would only get 7 carries a game...

Eleazar
12-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Martz did a servicable job... with Dick Vermeil's team...

KCChiefsFan88
12-28-2005, 05:25 PM
Martz did a servicable job... with Dick Vermeil's team...

So why couldn't he do the same in KC

DTLB58
12-28-2005, 05:38 PM
Well he would save LJ, because he would only get 7 carries a game...

ROFL

DTLB58
12-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Your and idiot.

**** NO to Mike Martz
have you watched him coach any games??

:clap: Exactly. Terrible time management. Makes horable decisions on his challenges. Horable decisions on his timeouts. No regard for the running game and couldn't care less about Defensive football.

That would spell horror in KC, kinda like in St. Louis now. :p

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Wanting Martz as a HC should be a bannable offense...

DTLB58
12-28-2005, 05:51 PM
bring in martz as a oc if carl brings in herm as a hc...this would balance out herm being conservative and martz being to agressive

And then Herm would override Martz on play calling on that final drive in the playoffs where he wants to play for the game winning FG and our kicker would miss, the other team would score and we would be in the 90's again.

Boomer=GOD
12-28-2005, 05:53 PM
Martz is an idiot. No way do I wanna see him coaching the Chiefs.

I agree. Herm is a better choice

DTLB58
12-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Wanting Martz as a HC should be a bannable offense...

I agree, If you have watched any of his games and want him as the Chiefs coach you can't truly want the best for the Chiefs. :shake:

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2005, 05:56 PM
As much as I'd love to see LJ sitting on the benchWTF?
:spock: Are you high?!

DTLB58
12-28-2005, 05:56 PM

enough with this guy!

Now this is someone who GETS IT! :clap:

Eleazar
12-28-2005, 06:00 PM
So why couldn't he do the same in KC

If Martz is so great, why couldn't he maintain the status quo, with a good team in place from the day he took over?

He's an imbecile. He had a fumble and interception prone QB so he runs min-protect, 5-wide formations. He's got a nice running back- that is getting the ball 15 times a game. He mismanages the clock, his personnel currently comprise one of a handful of teams giving up more YPG than the Chiefs, he scapegoats and alienates players, and he's currently waging a proxy war in the media against the organization that still employs him.

Not to mention the kooky play calling that most of us have had enough of already. Earlier this year they showed a play on sportcenter where he called a reverse on third and short. I listened to a Rams fan here at work after another game complain that when the team was getting blown out with a few minutes to go, Bulger was still in and Jackson was playing with a fracture in his sternum.

NO THANKS

milkman
12-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Is there another head coaching possibility that is realistically going to be available this offseason with that proven NFL track record as a head coach?

Dick had proven track record when he came to the Chiefs, and where the hell has that gotten the Chiefs?

I wonder if Bills fans, back in '85 or '86 thought the same about Marv Levy when he was hired, as some Chiefs fans think of Greg(with another g) Williams?

kcxiv
12-28-2005, 07:07 PM
He plays to wide open, he will get trent green killed. look what he has done to all his quarterbacks. NO THX

Jim Jones
12-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Mike Martz would probably be the worst possible hire we could make.

KCChiefsFan88
12-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Dick had proven track record when he came to the Chiefs, and where the hell has that gotten the Chiefs?

I wonder if Bills fans, back in '85 or '86 thought the same about Marv Levy when he was hired, as some Chiefs fans think of Greg(with another g) Williams?

You are comparing Marv Levy to Gregg Williams? ROFL

The Chiefs improved each year under Levy until that final season that was derailed by the players' strike.

Gregg Williams in his third season in Buffalo after an offseason in which Buffalo was aggressive in upgrading their defense, and went into that season with Super Bowl aspirations, went 6-10. He never had a winning record as head coach.

KCChiefsFan88
12-28-2005, 07:30 PM
He plays to wide open, he will get trent green killed. look what he has done to all his quarterbacks. NO THX

Yeah look what he's done with his QBs...

Developed Trent Green into a Pro Bowl caliber QB

Developed Kurt Warner into a Super Bowl MVP

Developed Marc Bulger into a Pro Bowl caliber QB.

Gee that is so terrible

milkman
12-28-2005, 07:41 PM
You are comparing Marv Levy to Gregg Williams? ROFL

The Chiefs improved each year under Levy until that final season that was derailed by the players' strike.

Gregg Williams in his third season in Buffalo after an offseason in which Buffalo was aggressive in upgrading their defense, and went into that season with Super Bowl aspirations, went 6-10. He never had a winning record as head coach.

Yes, I am drawing that comparison.

People blame Williams for that season, but fail to remember that Bledsoe was his QB, and he was protected by a crappy O-Line, with a couple of injuries, and couple of high picks that never lived up to expectations.

They complain that he got conservative, and that cost them.

But he had no friggen' choice.

That conservative label was placed on Levy, and it led to that poor record in a strike shortened season.

Like Williams in Buffalo, Levy's conservative approach was dictated by terrible offensive talent.

milkman
12-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Yeah look what he's done with his QBs...

Developed Kurt Warner into a Super Bowl MVP

Developed Marc Bulger into a Pro Bowl caliber QB.

Gee that is so terrible

Yeah, he developed them.

Then he nearly got 'em killed.

Martz is a freakin' Moron.

listopencil
12-28-2005, 07:56 PM
I could see Martz as an OC with a level-headed HC to balance him out.

Halfcan
12-28-2005, 08:26 PM
No f***ing way!

My thoughts exactly-I hate that fag!

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2005, 08:31 PM

Wha? Green was in St. Louis for all of 2 seasons. One of which was on IR. Martz didn't develop shit...

milkman
12-28-2005, 08:33 PM
Wha? Green was in St. Louis for all of 2 seasons. One of which was on IR. Martz didn't develop shit...

Martz was his QB coach in DC before he went to StL as OC.

Hammock Parties
12-28-2005, 08:35 PM
His defense has been ranked 23rd or WORSE 4 out of 6 years in St. Louis.

NO THANKS.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Why I want KCChiefsfan88 banned...

Why I want Mike Martz to be the next HC...My reasoning:

KCinNY
12-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Although I'm certain Carl wouldn't give Martz the time of day...I'd take him over Williams or Edwards.

Personally, I'd love to see Jeff Fisher brought in, but I ain't gettin' my hopes up.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-28-2005, 08:43 PM
I really hope Rivera is given a chance here...

the Talking Can
12-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Martz is the human equivelant of a retard...

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Martz was his QB coach in DC before he went to StL as OC.[Johnny Carson]I did not know that.[/Johnny Carson]

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2005, 08:50 PM
I really hope Rivera is given a chance here...Along with Singletary as DC. He'd be the 1st latin NFL HC...

KCChiefsFan88
12-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Yes, I am drawing that comparison.

People blame Williams for that season, but fail to remember that Bledsoe was his QB, and he was protected by a crappy O-Line, with a couple of injuries, and couple of high picks that never lived up to expectations.

They complain that he got conservative, and that cost them.

But he had no friggen' choice.

That conservative label was placed on Levy, and it led to that poor record in a strike shortened season.

Like Williams in Buffalo, Levy's conservative approach was dictated by terrible offensive talent.

Talk about revisionist history.

Its not like Williams inherited Bledsoe in Buffalo, he was the coach when they traded for him, so getting Bledsoe was partly his decision. Also that offensive line anchored by the high picks you allude to, well again he was the head coach when picks such as Mike Williams were made... doesn't Williams get any blame there?

And the "terrible" offensive talent you talk about... do you remember the Bills back in 2002, Williams' second season as head coach? They were one of the best offenses, especially passing offenses in the league. Bledsoe had over 4000 yards passing, etc.

Brock
12-28-2005, 10:11 PM
Martz is a drama queen. No thanks, I've had enough of that lately.

milkman
12-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Talk about revisionist history.

Its not like Williams inherited Bledsoe in Buffalo, he was the coach when they traded for him, so getting Bledsoe was partly his decision. Also that offensive line anchored by the high picks you allude to, well again he was the head coach when picks such as Mike Williams were made... doesn't Williams get any blame there?

And the "terrible" offensive talent you talk about... do you remember the Bills back in 2002, Williams' second season as head coach? They were one of the best offenses, especially passing offenses in the league. Bledsoe had over 4000 yards passing, etc.

And there it is right there.

With a healthy O-Line, Bledsoe was able to put up some numbers.

With a banged up O-Line, Bledsoe and that offense couldn't get it done.

Bledsoe was a bad decision on his part, I'll grant you.

But then there's a chance he learned something.

Spott
12-28-2005, 10:14 PM
I will burn every piece of Chiefs memorabilia that I own if we hire this moron.

Rausch
12-28-2005, 10:33 PM
My reasoning:

Darkwolfe
12-29-2005, 12:13 AM
My reasoning:

1) For all the talk that Martz is a bad coach, he has a 53-32 record as a head coach, and a 3-4 career playoff record. Gregg Williams has a 17-31 career head coaching record. It would be hard pressed to find any prospective coach who is going to be available this offseason (and I still think Fisher stays in Tennessee) with the NFL head coaching record that Martz has..
Etc.. etc.

:bong:
Put it down and back away from the computer. The last thing we need is that player killer.

Logical
12-29-2005, 12:20 AM
All offense, no defense part deux

What we need a 10 year run of this before everyone figures out it won't work. It only took me to the end of 2003, hurry up you slow learners.

Ultra Peanut
12-29-2005, 12:23 AM
Why I want Mike Martz to be the Chiefs next HC

Rausch
12-29-2005, 12:25 AM
All offense, no defense part deux

What we need a 10 year run of this before everyone figures out it won't work. It only took me to the end of 2003, hurry up you slow learners.

I guess you forgot me screaming at the top of my lungs about how this DV hire would turn out.

It was like me, Milkman, and KCJohnny. That's about it.

Rausch
12-29-2005, 12:26 AM
ROFL

Logical
12-29-2005, 12:34 AM
I guess you forgot me screaming at the top of my lungs about how this DV hire would turn out.

It was like me, Milkman, and KCJohnny. That's about it.I think maybe Baby Lee was with you.

Dave Lane
12-29-2005, 12:35 AM
HE ****ING SUCKS!!!!

Dave

Rausch
12-29-2005, 12:37 AM
I think maybe Baby Lee was with you.

I'd tell you to just do a search but Kyle and Indiana are still searching for the archive-rosetta-stone in Iraq...

Logical
12-29-2005, 12:41 AM
I'd tell you to just do a search but Kyle and Indiana are still searching for the archive-rosetta-stone in Iraq...I am pretty sure that only you and KCJohnny were upset at seeing Gunther go, not even Milkman was on that island.

htismaqe
12-29-2005, 05:52 AM
Baby Lee (JCJohnny) and Sidewinder (Milkman) were both very vocal about not really wanting Vermeil.

It was just overshadowed by the absolutely over-the-top Ramifization talk...

ChiefFripp
12-29-2005, 07:22 AM
DV's clock management drives me batty, I think a Martz season would wind up with me in a looney bin.

MichaelH
12-29-2005, 07:32 AM
No, no and no.
I felt the same way about Dick and I feel the same way about Martz. I won't say that they're bad coaches. Both are good to excellent. But Martz will fail to address the defense the same way Dick did. The Chiefs do not need anymore "greatest show on turf" mentality.

chagrin
12-29-2005, 07:41 AM
Faulk hasn't been able to play in more than 14 games in a season (including only 11 games in 2003) since the '99-'00 season. So I wouldn't say that is just one injury.

And Martz as a head coach has been to 7 playoff games, with 3 playoff wins and a Super Bowl appearance.

Not Gregg Williams
Not Bob Stoops
Not Pete Carroll
Not Al Saunders

Obviously we disagree, that's cool. Just remember though, Martz prefers passing and we happen to have 2 of the top 5-7 RB's in the NFL on our team. We saw him shut down his own running game (Marshall or not) for his passing game and dare anyone to say anything and hasn't won a playoff game since that time.

milkman
12-29-2005, 08:59 AM
I am pretty sure that only you and KCJohnny were upset at seeing Gunther go, not even Milkman was on that island.

Yeah, I wasn't upset at all about Gun's departure, but I was adamantly opposed to hiring Dick.

I was on the Marv Lewis bandwagon.

KCChiefsFan88
09-27-2008, 10:45 PM
This thread deserves a bump

boogblaster
09-27-2008, 10:52 PM
NO NO NO to MM ..... Who I don't know yet ...

Deberg_1990
09-27-2008, 10:54 PM
But Martz will fail to address the defense the same way Dick did.

He will?

Martz was the one who brought Lovie Smith to St Louie to turn around the defense. They then went to a Super Bowl.

RealSNR
09-27-2008, 10:55 PM
This thread deserves a bumpDamn it, where's htismaqe when you need him?

Greater than bad does not equal good you moron

Mecca
09-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Damn it, where's htismaqe when you need him?

Greater than bad does not equal good you moron

For a long term goal it's not that bad of an idea, you draft your QB, Martz develops him for say 3 years then you move onto another coach while you put better talent on your team.

RealSNR
09-27-2008, 11:16 PM
For a long term goal it's not that bad of an idea, you draft your QB, Martz develops him for say 3 years then you move onto another coach while you put better talent on your team.That sounds good in theory, but it's more telling that Martz is way more effective as an assistant than he is as a head coach. He kinda ran off the fumes from Vermeil's team for awhile until it didn't work. Then he built up the Detroit offense, and now it looks like he's doing a great job in SanFran with O'Sullivan. I just don't know what he presents as a head coach though

Deberg_1990
09-27-2008, 11:21 PM
He kinda ran off the fumes from Vermeil's team for awhile until it didn't work.

He got them back to a Super Bowl.

After the 2000 season, he recognized they were not going to win anything without a defense, so he brought in Lovie Smith.

4th and Long
09-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Friends
KCChiefsfan88 has not made any friends yet

RealSNR
09-27-2008, 11:39 PM
He got them back to a Super Bowl.

After the 2000 season, he recognized they were not going to win anything without a defense, so he brought in Lovie Smith.Because the defense fell apart in 2000, and the Rams became successful again once they got their D back under Smith. I don't really know if that team was better than Vermeil's 1999 team. One, Vermeil's team actually won it. Two, the 2001 team had been in that offense for 3 seasons now. They were bound to be more successful.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2008, 04:32 AM
Because the defense fell apart in 2000, and the Rams became successful again once they got their D back under Smith. I don't really know if that team was better than Vermeil's 1999 team. One, Vermeil's team actually won it. Two, the 2001 team had been in that offense for 3 seasons now. They were bound to be more successful.

That 2001 team is one of the best football teams I've ever seen. You could make a pretty strong case that they, along with the 2007 Patriots are among the 10-15 best teams of all time, even if they didn't win the Super Bowl.

gblowfish
09-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Mike Martz is the Wile E. Coyote of the NFL.
No frickin way. Rather go 0-16 with Hermie.

Ultra Peanut
09-28-2008, 07:32 AM
This thread deserves a bumpMANE WHAT

alanm
09-28-2008, 10:12 AM
My reasoning:

Are you insane?

Hootie
09-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Are you insane?

check thread date

alanm
09-28-2008, 10:54 AM
check thread date
Has he gotten better yet?