PDA

View Full Version : Arrogant bastard.

acasas4
12-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Was listening to the Carl Peterson show and a fan "Gary" calls in and says he's been a long time Chiefs fan etc., then says he just can't see the organization's commitment to win a super bowl so he's not renewing his season tickets. Carl proceeds to ask the guy for his seat numbers and name so he can cancel them for the guy right there since they've already sold 1500 new season tickets. Then tells the guy to leave his cell number so he can call him and get them cancelled for him. Carl really gives a shit about what the fans want doesn't he? Smug prick.:cuss::#:mad:

Bowser
12-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Don't **** with teh King. He'll pop you like a zit, and take your firstborn for your playoff tickets.

Bwana
12-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Wow

ILChief
12-29-2005, 07:53 PM
I disagree with the caller. It's not a lack of commitment that has kept this team from winning a super bowl. It's poor drafting.

Logical
12-29-2005, 07:53 PM
An excellent way to divert attention from the caller's legitimate point.

stevieray
12-29-2005, 07:56 PM
An excellent way to divert attention from the caller's legitimate point.

I think he called his bluff.

I wonder, did the guy give up the information?

milkman
12-29-2005, 07:57 PM
I disagree with the caller. It's not a lack of commitment that has kept this team from winning a super bowl. It's poor drafting.

I agree with you, and would also add that it's the poor decisions in selecting a head coach.

However, rather than answering a legitimate question, he, as Jim said, diverted attention from the question.

stevieray
12-29-2005, 07:59 PM
I agree with you, and would also add that it's the poor decisions in selecting a head coach.

However, rather than answering a legitimate question, he, as Jim said, diverted attention from the question.

what question?

chaces are this guy was just posturing.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2005, 08:00 PM

I wonder, did the guy give up the information?
would you give your phone number/seat number/personal information out over the radio?

Logical
12-29-2005, 08:00 PM

...Of course he did, but his point was to divert attention from the legitimate point the guy was making.

Skip Towne
12-29-2005, 08:01 PM
That sounds like great customer service to me.

stevieray
12-29-2005, 08:02 PM
Of course he did, but his point was to divert attention from the legitimate point the guy was making.

An opinion.

Logical
12-29-2005, 08:04 PM
An opinion.What I cannot figure out is why after 17 years of futility you or anyone else would still be defending Carl.

stevieray
would you give your phone number/seat number/personal information out over the radio?

Not if my only goal was to castigate Carl.

People on the radio love to throw the "I've been a season ticket holder for..." mantra.

All he'd have to do is tell him where his seats are. ...

nychief
The chiefs have not cheaped it out as an organization, ahem Royals, they have not executed well enough in the draft and on the field. Plus, why would some yokel call in to show up the GM of his "favorite" team. That was just a one-up-manship game - sounds like carl won.

milkman
12-29-2005, 08:06 PM
what question?

chaces are this guy was just posturing.

I'm sorry.

Opinion.

And you are probably right, he was just posturing.

But Carl could've addressed the opinion.

But of course, a fan's opinion doesn't mean jack to him.

Logical
The chiefs have not cheaped it out as an organization, ahem Royals, they have not executed well enough in the draft and on the field. Plus, why would some yokel call in to show up the GM of his "favorite" team. That was just a one-up-manship game - sounds like carl won.Perhaps because frustration with Carl's inneptitude has reached the point where something needs to be said and done?

stevieray
What I cannot figure out is why after 17 years of futility you or anyone else would still be defending Carl.

I didn't defend Carl.

Herzig
12-29-2005, 08:07 PM
That sounds like great customer service to me.

Better than DirecTV's (unless you're dealing with Skip).

stevieray
12-29-2005, 08:08 PM
But Carl could've addressed the opinion.

But of course, a fan's opinion doesn't mean jack to him.

More opinion... :)

acasas4
12-29-2005, 08:08 PM

I wonder, did the guy give up the information?Yes he did. He gave Carl his section, row and seat numbers but refused to give his last name on the air.(no shit) That's when Carl asked him to give his phone number off the air.

SLAG
12-29-2005, 08:10 PM
I have a feeling that if the new Coach, Carl Hires does not produce an superbowl win during his tenure than carl will be fired and too old to continue and lamar maybe dead.

Yoda couldnt even tell the chiefs future

stevieray
12-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Yes he did. He gave Carl his section, row and seat numbers but refused to give his last name on the air.(no shit) That's when Carl asked him to give his phone number off the air.

:clap:

Kudos to him. That's making a legitimate point.

nychief
12-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Perhaps because frustration with Carl's inneptitude has reached the point where something needs to be said and done?

but it is a dumb point... Carl went out and spent money on the Defense and the team has improved and if for a little help here or there we would be in the playoffs. I understand the frustration - but give me a break. It just seems like a piss poor time to decide that you can't stand to watch the chiefs.

siberian khatru
12-29-2005, 08:13 PM
You can criticize Carl without questioning his motives. Saying he lacks commitment just gives him room to rebut you. He can point to trades and free agents and upgraded facilities, etc., etc.

Just keep all criticism limited to the glaring, simple, single fact: Carl hasn't gotten it done in 17 years. Period. More than half the league franchises have been to a Super Bowl over that time. His hasn't. He's in the minority. Answer that, Carl.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2005, 08:16 PM
An opinion.
how?

even if the caller was bluffing ... carl didn't try to appease the caller, he just basically said "tough".

whether the caller was being truthful or not is irrelevant

carl is so secure in his position that he's not really concern whether the fan is really happy, as long as they are "happy enough" to keep buying tickets as a whole.

the overall attitude of the organization is apparent ... complacency

tk13
12-29-2005, 08:17 PM
You can criticize Carl without questioning his motives. Saying he lacks commitment just gives him room to rebut you. He can point to trades and free agents and upgraded facilities, etc., etc.

Just keep all criticism limited to the glaring, simple, single fact: Carl hasn't gotten it done in 17 years. Period. More than half the league franchises have been to a Super Bowl over that time. His hasn't. He's in the minority. Answer that, Carl.
Yeah, that's about it. I honestly don't think Carl is against winning or has any commitment to winning issues. Even he was all about money, at this point with our playoff drought, winning a Super Bowl would make him a very, very rich man.

acasas4
12-29-2005, 08:20 PM
how?

even if the caller was bluffing ... carl didn't try to appease the caller, he just basically said "tough".

carl is so secure in his position that he's not really concern whether the fan is really happy, as long as they are "happy enough" to keep buying tickets as a whole.

the overall attitude of the organization is apparent ... complacencyI agree. Maybe I took it wrong but to me Carl may as well have said f*uck you and all the fans who aren't satisfied with the job I've done.

chiefs4me
12-29-2005, 08:23 PM
CP= smooth operator.....ROFL

4th and Long
12-29-2005, 08:23 PM
Perhaps because frustration with Carl's inneptitude has reached the point where something needs to be said and done?
Please explain to us how Carl's ineptitude lost the Eagles game, Bills game, Cowboys game or the Giants game.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2005, 08:25 PM
Please explain to us how Carl's ineptitude lost the Eagles game, Bills game, Cowboys game or the Giants game.

Gunther = Carls Ineptitude.

SLAG
12-29-2005, 08:27 PM

Giants and eagles yes but Bills No

Warfield Gave up 2 big plays and it cost us the game.

the rest of the d plays improved the rest of the day

chiefs4me
12-29-2005, 08:28 PM
I agree. Maybe I took it wrong but to me Carl may as well have said f*uck you and all the fans who aren't satisfied with the job I've done.

No, you are right, and he knows that for every unhappy fan.. there is a happy fan...waiting for that season ticket...:shrug:

Iowanian
If the guy was half clever...he'd have come back over the top of Carls' raise with a "can you give me the names of the 1500 new people, who are interested in buying swampland"

4th and Long
Just out of curiosity, has this little thought crossed you mind?

Gunther inherited his defensive coaching staff. he didn't get to bring in or hire his own new staff. This is the same staff, mind you, that has been teaching mediocre defensive skills for the last 5 years. Blaming Gunther is a bit off base IMHO.

BTW, it wasn't the defense that put up a whopping 3 points vs Buffalo.

Next.

Messier
12-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Carl is a jag-off but tell me more about his poor drafting? Tell me about the players that he signed the you knew the minute we signed them they were not gonna work? Point is it's silly to think Carl doesn't want to win, doesn't want to win the superbowl. He is all ego, what feed that ego more than a superbowl win? He makes good moves and bad ones, good draft picks and bad one's, just like every other GM.

milkman
12-29-2005, 08:34 PM

Marty/Gunther/Dick equal Carl's ineptitude.

Trezelle Jenkins=Carl's ineptitude.

Steve Bono=Carl's ineptitude.

Elvis Grbac=Carl's ineptitude.

Junior Siavii=Carl's ineptitude.

Etc, etc, etc.

Logical
but it is a dumb point... Carl went out and spent money on the Defense and the team has improved and if for a little help here or there we would be in the playoffs. I understand the frustration - but give me a break. It just seems like a piss poor time to decide that you can't stand to watch the chiefs.Considering he has been here 17 years and we do not have a single Super Bowl appearance and only 3 win and 7 losses in the playoffs and only 1 appearence in the last 9 seasons he deserves all the ridicule anyone wants to heap upon him. Mediocrity is Carl's goal so the seats stay filled, if that is what satisifies you then he is your man.

Mr. Laz

Gunther inherited his defensive coaching staff. he didn't get to bring in or hire his own new staff. This is the same staff, mind you, that has been teaching mediocre defensive skills for the last 5 years. Blaming Gunther is a bit off base IMHO.

Next.
carl is responsible for the entire staff ... gunther AND the positional coaches.

it's his JOB ... good/bad he's responsible for all of it.

Logical
12-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Please explain to us how Carl's ineptitude lost the Eagles game, Bills game, Cowboys game or the Giants game.Carl is responsible for the coaches who are soft on the team and the players who are soft on the field.

Iowanian
12-29-2005, 08:35 PM
I give carl a pass this year....on players.
Gunther hand picked the Defensive FAs. Bell is the other real bust, and I think Carlos "5plays and hurt" Hall has alot of potential.

Carl IS responsible for allowing the dipshit assistant coaches(there are 22 coaches in the Chiefs Organization....22) to remain on staff after Robinson.

All that said...I'm ready for the CP reign to end.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2005, 08:36 PM
No, you are right, and he knows that for every unhappy fan.. there is a happy fan...waiting for that season ticket...:shrug:
so basicallly "F-you ... you need me more than i need you"

"if you don't like it get the F outa the way and i'll find someone who does"

niiiice

4th and Long
12-29-2005, 08:37 PM
carl is responsible for the entire staff ... gunther AND the positional coaches.

it's his JOB ... good/bad he's responsible for all of it.
Using your logic, if you, Laz, were a total screw up at work, the owner of the company should walk in and fire your boss and you should not be held accountable for your ineptitude and allowed to continue onward.

Got it.

stevieray
12-29-2005, 08:37 PM
how?

the overall attitude of the organization is apparent ... complacency

more opinion... :)

siberian khatru
12-29-2005, 08:38 PM
Considering he has been here 17 years and we do not have a single Super Bowl appearance and only 3 win and 7 losses in the playoffs and only 1 appearence in the last 9 seasons he deserves all the ridicule anyone wants to heap upon him. Mediocrity is Carl's goal so the seats stay filled, if that is what satisifies you then he is your man.

3-8. Don't let Carl off the hook.

Ultra Peanut
12-29-2005, 08:38 PM
Was listening to the Carl Peterson show and a fan "Gary" calls in and says he's been a long time Chiefs fan etc., then says he just can't see the organization's commitment to win a super bowl so he's not renewing his season tickets. Carl proceeds to ask the guy for his seat numbers and name so he can cancel them for the guy right there since they've already sold 1500 new season tickets. Then tells the guy to leave his cell number so he can call him and get them cancelled for him.I don't like Carl, but that's great. ROFL

Halfcan
12-29-2005, 08:39 PM
Considering he has been here 17 years and we do not have a single Super Bowl appearance and only 3 win and 7 losses in the playoffs and only 1 appearence in the last 9 seasons he deserves all the ridicule anyone wants to heap upon him. Mediocrity is Carl's goal so the seats stay filled, if that is what satisifies you then he is your man.

Exactly, I could not agree more. I have no faith in Carl.

Wow 1500 tickets that people want-that should compensate for the 50k that turn them in.

nychief
12-29-2005, 08:40 PM

Do you really think that Lamar and Carl are not devoted to winning? They execute poorly at times, but spare me the violins crap, Okay? They spent a fortune on the defense. All the Gunther haters above where creaming in their pants two seasons ago when we signed him back. Carl has spent when we have called for it, he got rid of the DC when we called for it... I just find it odd that now he dosen't want to win. "I am going to burn my tickets because the team is not devoted to winning?" Try being a ****ing Bengals or Cardinals fan for the last 20 years... Medicrity sucks, but we have a owner that spends and an aggressive GM - things could be worse. Fans like this guy are idiots.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2005, 08:40 PM

Next.

Keep making excuses for Gunther.

There's very little reason to keep Gunther on the staff as anything but linebackers coach, which of course isn't happening.

We're ranked TWENTY-F*CKING-EIGHTH! You're telling me it's all the assistant coaches fault?

chiefs4me
12-29-2005, 08:42 PM

niiiice

uh..yea........:D

Messier
12-29-2005, 08:43 PM
Do you really think that Lamar and Carl are not devoted to winning? They execute poorly at times, but spare me the violins crap, Okay? They spent a fortune on the defense. All the Gunther haters above where creaming in their pants two seasons ago when we signed him back. Carl has spent when we have called for it, he got rid of the DC when we called for it... I just find it odd that now he dosen't want to win. "I am going to burn my tickets because the team is not devoted to winning?" Try being a ****ing Bengals or Cardinals fan for the last 20 years... Medicrity sucks, but we have a owner that spends and an aggressive GM - things could be worse. Fans like this guy are idiots.

Thank You!

stevieray
12-29-2005, 08:43 PM

niiiice

Stop pretending they need to pat us on the head and tuck us in.

You either want to pay for tickets or you don't, it's that simple.

Everybody likes to claim the NFL is just a business, but then get personal and try to play cleo, like they know every motive for every move ever made, from Carl to the players.

4th and Long
12-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Keep making excuses for Gunther.

There's very little reason to keep Gunther on the staff as anything but linebackers coach, which of course isn't happening.

We're ranked TWENTY-F*CKING-EIGHTH! You're telling me it's all the assistant coaches fault?
I know your not a productive member of society working in the real world but try and pretend you are so you can understand this.

I'm your boss. I tell you our productivity numbers are down because you are not turning your work load in a timely manner. In other words, you're a slacker. I tell you we need speed up the process to get the productivity numbers up. You say, "Sure thing boss! I got it! I know how to do that!"

I leave, you shrug your shoulders and go back to reading your Star Wars comic book instead of doing the assigned work.

Who should be fired?

siberian khatru
12-29-2005, 08:46 PM
I know your not a productive member of society working in the real world but try and pretend you are so you can understand this.

I'm your boss. I tell you our productivity numbers are down because you are not turning your work load in a timely manner. In other words, you're a slacker. I tell you we need speed up the process to get the productivity numbers up. You say, "Sure thing boss! I got it! I know how to do that!"

I leave, you shrug your shoulders and go back to reading your Star Wars comic book instead of doing the assigned work.

Who should be fired?

Both of you.

If your employees aren't responding to you, the company needs a new manager.

Ultra Peanut
12-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Both of you.

u r win

stevieray
12-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Both of you.

because the players are...victims.... ROFL

Mr. Laz
12-29-2005, 08:48 PM
more opinion... :)
heh :)

siberian khatru
12-29-2005, 08:49 PM
because the players are...victims.... ROFL

Opinion.

:p

4th and Long
12-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Both of you.

I'm glad I don't work for a hard line prick like you. :p

In this situation, you need to step back and look at who has what responsibilities and just how much responsibility that job encompasses.

The boss has tons of employees to oversee. He cannot and should not be forced to coddle and hand hold the slackers that don't get the job done. He should ask that they be terminated. If we use your line of thinking, every time HR makes a bad hire, the line boss gets the ax and HR gets to walk away smelling like a rose. That's simply not the way good business is done.

If Gunther is serious about this defense, he should speak up and tell the powers that be that he wants a new staff that will get the job done. If management disagrees, then he has the option to leave.

Logical
12-29-2005, 08:51 PM

Carl and Lamar want to win enough to keep the seats full and merchandise being sold, that is not a commitment to winning a championship. You ever notice the Chiefs trend of winning every other year? Ever notice that the significant player moves occur the years after we lose not the years after we win. Did you notice there was no significant moves in 2004 after we went 13-4 even though we had plenty of cap room?

Winning yes, a championship commitment no.

stevieray
12-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Opinion.

:p

Seems when they play well, the players get all the accolades, but when they play like crap, it's the coaches fault.

No wonder Surtain dropped that GAME WINNING INT in Dallas, it's Guns fault.

Ultra Peanut
12-29-2005, 08:52 PM
hey wat u all doin

Mr. Laz
12-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Stop pretending they need to pat us on the head and tuck us in.

You either want to pay for tickets or you don't, it's that simple.

Everybody likes to claim the NFL is just a business, but then get personal and try to play cleo, like they know every motive for every move ever made, from Carl to the players.
works both ways...

they claim it's a business and then talk about "needing support ... needing cheers"

if it's just a business then they need to stop asking for the community to support them.

either put a winning team on the field so people want to see it or shut up.

siberian khatru
12-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought we were talking about Carl being the boss and the coaches being his employees.

I'm interested in holding Carl accountable. I thought that's what the thread was about.

stevieray
12-29-2005, 08:57 PM
work both ways...

they claim it's a business and then talk about "needing support ... needing cheers"

if it's just a business then they need to stop asking for the community to support them.

either put a winning team on the field so people what to see it or shut up.

Stop asking? why? because people don't have the courage to say no? Nobody is forcing anyone to support or cheer for the Chiefs.

I think you're taking it out of context. needing cheers means if you're coming to the game...get loud.

nychief
12-29-2005, 08:58 PM
Carl and Lamar want to win enough to keep the seats full and merchandise being sold, that is not a commitment to winning a championship. You ever notice the Chiefs trend of winning every other year? Ever notice that the significant player moves occur the years after we lose not the years after we win. Did you notice there was no significant moves in 2004 after we went 13-4 even though we had plenty of cap room?

Winning yes, a championship commitment no.

We went 13-4 that is why, igit! So in your eyes the only team commited to a championship is the Patriots? right. Only the team that wins the super bowl was commited to a championship. They wanted it more....

ROFL

Logical
12-29-2005, 09:00 PM
because the players are...victims.... ROFLI am not suggesting that, but there has been a continuous turnover in players and no movement that produced playoff victories. The Chiefs have not had consecutive winning seasons since 1997.

Hammock Parties

Who should be fired?

You know what...f*ck you.

You're as bad as vailpass you little asshole.

Mr. Laz
Using your logic, if you, Laz, were a total screw up at work, the owner of the company should walk in and fire your boss and you should not be held accountable for your ineptitude and allowed to continue onward.

Got it.
no but if my boss kept hiring/keeping screw ups then he would be fired.

do you have a job? cause that's the way it works at most places that i know of.

4th and Long
Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought we were talking about Carl being the boss and the coaches being his employees.

I'm interested in holding Carl accountable. I thought that's what the thread was about.
Lamar is the boss actually. He hired Carl. The chain of command starts with Lamar, not Carl. Since Lamar hired Carl, where is the outrage asking for Lamar's head on a stick? After all, if we're going to put the blame squarely upon the shoulders of the person everyone wants to see fired, then it should rightfully rest solely up Mr. Hunt's shoulders. So again I ask, where's the outrage asking for Lamar's head on a stick?

4th and Long
12-29-2005, 09:01 PM
You know what...f*ck you.

You're as bad as vailpass you little asshole.
So you have no answer. Thank you.

Logical
12-29-2005, 09:01 PM
We went 13-4 that is why, igit! So in your eyes the only team commited to a championship is the Patriots? right. Only the team that wins the super bowl was commited to a championship. They wanted it more....

ROFLNo I would say the Steelers are commited to winning a championship and have not won a Super Bowl in a couple of decades. Philadelphia appears to be commited to winning championships, there are others. Few are as commited to mediocrity as Carl and Lamar.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Stop asking? why? because people don't have the courage to say no? Nobody is forcing anyone to support or cheer for the Chiefs.

I think you're taking it out of context. needing cheers means if you're coming to the game...get loud.
why should i need to get loud ... the players are the ones who are employed to win the game.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2005, 09:02 PM
So you have no answer. Thank you.

You didn't have one either. You immediately attacked me.

Go to hell.

siberian khatru
12-29-2005, 09:04 PM
Lamar is the boss actually. He hired Carl. The chain of command starts with Lamar, not Carl. Since Lamar hired Carl, where is the outrage asking for Lamar's head on a stick? After all, if we're going to put the blame squarely upon the shoulders of the person everyone wants to see fired, then it should rightfully rest solely up Mr. Hunt's shoulders. So again I ask, where's the outrage asking for Lamar's head on a stick?

Because you can't fire the owner.

I wish Lamar would kick Carl upstairs and hire a better talent evaluator as GM. But I'm not going to demand that Lamar sell the team, because that's just stupid.

Logical
Lamar is the boss actually. He hired Carl. The chain of command starts with Lamar, not Carl. Since Lamar hired Carl, where is the outrage asking for Lamar's head on a stick? After all, if we're going to put the blame squarely upon the shoulders of the person everyone wants to see fired, then it should rightfully rest solely up Mr. Hunt's shoulders. So again I ask, where's the outrage asking for Lamar's head on a stick?I do blame Lamar for Carl, but he is a sick, sick old man. I know he is not committed to championships either, the fact that he let Jack Steadman be named to the Ring of Fame told me that in spades.

4th and Long
no but if my boss kept hiring/keeping screw ups then he would be fired.

do you have a job? cause that's the way it works at most places that i know of.
Most bosses do not do the hiring, except at top level positions. Human Resources does the lower level hiring. And yes, I've been gainfully employed by the same company since September of 1993.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2005, 09:05 PM
I can't believe people are still defending Gunther. ROFL

If Greg Robinson had been given an influx of talent and produced these results, people would have been all over his ass.

gblowfish
12-29-2005, 09:05 PM
Carl'll probably go down and pinch a loaf in the guy's seat before the Cincy game, to give him a little momento.

Carl just added 1500 new "real fans."

Cha-Ching...

siberian khatru
12-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Most bosses do not do the hiring, except at top level positions. Human Resources does the lower level hiring.

That's not been my experience at all. All department heads hire their own people. Maybe that's one of the problems here -- we've had different experiences, we're talking past each other.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2005, 09:10 PM
Most bosses do not do the hiring, except at top level positions. Human Resources does the lower level hiring. And yes, I've been gainfully employed by the same company since September of 1993.
doesn't matter...

if my human resource manager keeps hiring screw ups then she gets fired.

if i keep letting my human resource manager hire screw ups then my boss will fire me.

change of command, you are responsible directly or indirectly for everyone below you ................... period.

siberian khatru
12-29-2005, 09:10 PM
I can't believe people are still defending Gunther. ROFL

If Greg Robinson had been given an influx of talent and produced these results, people would have been all over his ass.

Yeah, I just don't believe everything would be hunky dory if Gun could "hire his own assistants."

One year it's "We've got the players, we just need a new DC!"

The next year it's "We've got the DC, we just need new players!"

The next year it's "We've got the DC and the players, we just need new assistant coaches!"

What'll it be next? "We need new uniforms!" "We need better Gatorade!"

shaneo69
12-29-2005, 09:11 PM
Was listening to the Carl Peterson show and a fan "Gary" calls in and says he's been a long time Chiefs fan etc., then says he just can't see the organization's commitment to win a super bowl so he's not renewing his season tickets. Carl proceeds to ask the guy for his seat numbers and name so he can cancel them for the guy right there since they've already sold 1500 new season tickets. Then tells the guy to leave his cell number so he can call him and get them cancelled for him. Carl really gives a shit about what the fans want doesn't he? Smug prick.:cuss::#:mad:

It's condescension like this that has caused me to give up my season tickets of 17 years for 2006. I guarantee you that there won't be season ticket holders in section 323, row 27, seats 1-3 next year.

Yeah right, he's already sold 1500 new season tickets for 2006. Based on what? Our great-looking prospects for next year? The "every other year" that we don't spend any money? Gimme a break. Maybe the "spike" in new season tickets is from the excitement stemming from hiring Butch Davis or Herm Edwards to be the coach. That should stir the faithful.

shaneo69
12-29-2005, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I just don't believe everything would be hunky dory if Gun could "hire his own assistants."

One year it's "We've got the players, we just need a new DC!"

The next year it's "We've got the DC, we just need new players!"

The next year it's "We've got the DC and the players, we just need new assistant coaches!"

What'll it be next? "We need new uniforms!" "We need better Gatorade!"

Sorry, we still don't have the players. We've upgraded only 3 defensive positions since 2003.

4th and Long
12-29-2005, 09:12 PM
Because you can't fire the owner.

I wish Lamar would kick Carl upstairs and hire a better talent evaluator as GM. But I'm not going to demand that Lamar sell the team, because that's just stupid.
You are exactly right when you say you cannot fire the owner. So what can you do? You can stop buying tickets. You can stop purchasing merchandise. You can stop being a fan. If enough people do that, what happens?

The team folds up their tents and moves.

What does that leave you with?

Look, as much as I enjoy watching football, I try my best not to take it so seriously. As I have said before, regardless of whether the Chiefs win or lose, it doesn't really effect the truly important parts of my life. If they don't go to the playoffs, I won't be fired because of it. The bank won't reposes my home. Repo men won't show up in the middle of the night and take my car. No one in my family will be stricken with a deadly illness because the Chiefs don't make the post season. A plague of locus wont swoop down on the area and devastate the land.

For the common man, it's football. It's a game. It's entertainment. Nothing more. Nothing less.

siberian khatru
12-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Sorry, we still don't have the players. We've upgraded only 3 defensive positions since 2003.

I'd agree with that. We need a better D-line. And Bell didn't upgrade the LB position.

What I was parroting was the Chiefs Planet excuses the last three seasons.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2005, 09:13 PM
it's football. It's a game. It's entertainment. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Carl hates you

your not a true fan

Halfcan
12-29-2005, 09:14 PM
It's condescension like this that has caused me to give up my season tickets of 17 years for 2006. I guarantee you that there won't be season ticket holders in section 323, row 27, seats 1-3 next year.

Yeah right, he's already sold 1500 new season tickets for 2006. Based on what? Our great-looking prospects for next year? The "every other year" that we don't spend any money? Gimme a break. Maybe the "spike" in new season tickets is from the excitement stemming from hiring Butch Davis or Herm Edwards to be the coach. That should stir the faithful.

If folks want tickets so bad why drop them. This guy is freakin lying his ass off as always.

Death to the King!!

Hammock Parties
12-29-2005, 09:15 PM

That's bullshit.

Go look at the Washington Redskins defensive lineup.

I don't see a huge discrepancy in talent. And they have a ROOKIE CB for crying out loud.

siberian khatru
12-29-2005, 09:15 PM
You are exactly right when you say you cannot fire the owner. So what can you do? You can stop buying tickets. You can stop purchasing merchandise. You can stop being a fan. If enough people do that, what happens?

Look, as much as I enjoy watching football, I try my best not to take it so seriously. As I have said before, regardless of whether the Chiefs win or lose, it doesn't really effect the truly important parts of my life. If they don't go to the playoffs, I won't be fired because of it. The bank won't reposes my home. Repo men won't show up in the middle of the night and take my car. No one in my family will be stricken with a deadly illness because the Chiefs don't make the post season. A plague of locus wont swoop down on the area and devastate the land.

For the common man, it's football. It's a game. It's entertainment. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I don't take it nearly as seriously as I used to. That's why I keep watching and keep buying merchandise. As much as I bitch about wanting to win a Super Bowl and holding Carl accountable, it's not enough to make me give up one of my hobbies. In fact, bitching about it is part of the hobby.

4th and Long
12-29-2005, 09:16 PM
You immediately attacked me.

Go to hell.
No one attacked you. It's called an example, you thin skinned little cry baby. If you like reading Star Wars comic books, I could care less. Grow up.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2005, 09:17 PM
No one attacked you. It's called an example, you thin skinned little cry baby. If you like reading Star Wars comic books, I could care less. Grow up.

Guess what?

I DON'T.

I HAVEN'T.

FOR YEARS.

You don't know SHIT about me, so don't act like you do you arrogant little snot bubble.

4th and Long
12-29-2005, 09:18 PM
Carl hates you

your not a true fan
This is what's great about being me. Unlike some of you who take his comments personally, I could care less what Carl thinks of me as a fan. :)

Logical
12-29-2005, 09:19 PM

For the common man, it's football. It's a game. It's entertainment. Nothing more. Nothing less.It is just not very entertaining to not have a winning playoff team for 39 of the past 40 years.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2005, 09:19 PM
It is just not very entertaining to not have a winning playoff team for 39 of the past 40 years.

Ding ding ding!

shaneo69
12-29-2005, 09:20 PM
That's bullshit.

Go look at the Washington Redskins defensive lineup.

I don't see a huge discrepancy in talent. And they have a ROOKIE CB for crying out loud.

We already had this discussion, dumbass. The Redskins have better talent on the line, at LB, and in the secondary. And Carlos Rogers is already better than Warfield.

And if I remember correctly, the great Gregg Williams' defense didn't look any better than ours when we played them.

acasas4
12-29-2005, 09:21 PM
Carl'll probably go down and pinch a loaf in the guy's seat before the Cincy game, to give him a little momento.

Carl just added 1500 new "real fans."

Cha-Ching...ROFL

4th and Long
Guess what?

I DON'T.

I HAVEN'T.

FOR YEARS.

You don't know SHIT about me, so don't act like you do you arrogant little snot bubble.
Like I said, I don't care if you read them or not. It doesn't effect my life one little iota.

As for the the growing up part, when you can rip off such adult phrases as, f*ck you, go to hell and the ever popular, snot bubble, I stand by my previous comment. Grow up.

gblowfish
Lamar is the boss actually. He hired Carl. The chain of command starts with Lamar, not Carl. Since Lamar hired Carl, where is the outrage asking for Lamar's head on a stick? After all, if we're going to put the blame squarely upon the shoulders of the person everyone wants to see fired, then it should rightfully rest solely up Mr. Hunt's shoulders. So again I ask, where's the outrage asking for Lamar's head on a stick?Carl hears you, baby! New this Sunday at the Arrowhead Fan Zone, just $49.95...it's...
LAMAR HUNT'S HEAD ON A STICK!
Buy one today. Or you're not a REAL Chiefs fan!

(Actually, I'd pay retail for a Carl Head on a stick...that would rock!)

Logical
12-29-2005, 09:22 PM

And if I remember correctly, the great Gregg Williams' defense didn't look any better than ours when we played them.Actually I was at that game and I disagree. They moved up and down the field at will, there offense just stalled to often in the redzone. We won but it was not because our defense was superior to their defense.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Grow up.

Next time, attack the issue, not the poster.

You still haven't given a good reason why Gunther should be retained. His scheme is ass. He's been using Kendrell Bell in coverage all year.

The only reason you want him retained is because you like him.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2005, 09:24 PM
We already had this discussion, dumbass. The Redskins have better talent on the line, at LB, and in the secondary. And Carlos Rogers is already better than Warfield.

And if I remember correctly, the great Gregg Williams' defense didn't look any better than ours when we played them.

ROFL

OK.

Some of you have your heads so far up Gunther's ass it's unbelievable.

Can someone tell me what's so great about Gunther, again?

Mr. Laz
12-29-2005, 09:25 PM
dang ... and people say i'm too intense/angry

ROFL

4th and Long
12-29-2005, 09:25 PM
It is just not very entertaining to not have a winning playoff team for 39 of the past 40 years.
And here in lies the great paradox. If it pissed you off that bad, over the course of 40 years, you would have changed loyalties by now, or at least, you should have. If your wife served you Hamburger Helper every night, for 40 long years, you would have done something about it.

Sounds to me like you're a true fan to the bone and no matter what this team does, you'll hang in there, regardless. :)

Hammock Parties
12-29-2005, 09:26 PM
And here in lies the great paradox. If it pissed you off that bad, over the course of 40 years, you would have changed loyalties by now, or at least, you should have. If your wife served you Hamburger Helper every night, for 40 long years, you would have done something about it.

Sounds to me like you're a true fan to the bone and no matter what this team does, you'll hang in there, regardless. :)

Being a fairweather fan or a bandwagon jumper would make some of us feel worse, i.e. cheapen our fandom.

beavis

:clap:

Anyone who treats it as more than a game has serious personal issues.

By the way, if Carl really sold 1,500 new season tickets, why do I keep seeing commercials saying there are still tickets for the Cincy game? He's been throwing around that waiting list bs for a long time. I'd bet there hasn't really been one for at least 5 years.

Hammock Parties
BTW, Hamburger Helper is not that bad.

4th and Long
Next time, attack the issue, not the poster.

You still haven't given a good reason why Gunther should be retained. His scheme is ass. He's been using Kendrell Bell in coverage all year.

100%, unfounded, factless speculation on your part.

Mr. Laz
and Carl uses that to the max

it's disrespectful ... it just is :harumph:

Skip Towne
12-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Guess what?

I DON'T.

I HAVEN'T.

FOR YEARS.

Emphasis on the little.

chiefs4me
I don't take it nearly as seriously as I used to. That's why I keep watching and keep buying merchandise. As much as I bitch about wanting to win a Super Bowl and holding Carl accountable, it's not enough to make me give up one of my hobbies. In fact, bitching about it is part of the hobby.

ROFL........PBJ

4th and Long
BTW, Hamburger Helper is not that bad.
Cheeseburger macaroni isn't too bad but I wouldn't eat it every night for 40 years. :p

Hammock Parties

Er, what?

Have you been watching the games?

And yes, perhaps I am speculating. In that case go ahead and enlighten us.

What makes Gunther Cunnigham a good defensive coordinator, and why should he keep his job after failing at it for two seasons?

Logical
12-29-2005, 09:28 PM

Sounds to me like you're a true fan to the bone and no matter what this team does, you'll hang in there, regardless. :)Absolutely but I have developed coping mechanism. Lowered expectations, knowing when the season is over well before others will admit it, recognizing the talent is not of championship quality early on. Most people think it is because I am so negative, it is not, it is the only way I can deal with the continuing dissappointment. I will always love the Chiefs, but I can hate the cast and crew that comprise them.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2005, 09:28 PM
ROFL........PBJ
Hush up and get me a beer, woman.

rub my feet while your at it too.

siberian khatru
12-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Carl hears you, baby! New this Sunday at the Arrowhead Fan Zone, just $49.95...it's...
LAMAR HUNT'S HEAD ON A STICK!
Buy one today. Or you're not a REAL Chiefs fan!

(Actually, I'd pay retail for a Carl Head on a stick...that would rock!)

If you dip those in chocolate and freeze them, I'll buy one.

shaneo69
12-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Actually I was at that game and I disagree. They moved up and down the field at will, there offense just stalled to often in the redzone. We won but it was not because our defense was superior to their defense.

Yeah, I was at the game too. We won 28-21. The great Gregg Williams' defense didn't impress me at all. Our defense held on two separate Redskins' possessions with under 6 minutes left in the game.

We couldn't stop Santana Moss that day, but nobody else has either. And Portis didn't do squat that day against our defense.

4th and Long
12-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Er, what?

Have you been watching the games?

And yes, perhaps I am speculating. In that case go ahead and enlighten us.

What makes Gunther Cunnigham a good defensive coordinator, and why should he keep his job after failing at it for two seasons?
Try and keep up.

You said, and I quote:
and I said:
Got it now?

Hammock Parties
12-29-2005, 09:33 PM
The great Gregg Williams' defense didn't impress me at all.

The Redskins held us under 300 total yards. AT ARROWHEAD. That's pretty impressive. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's a season low.

We also had Roaf that day so don't even go there.

chiefs4me
ROFL

OK.

Some of you have your heads so far up Gunther's ass it's unbelievable.

Can someone tell me what's so great about Gunther, again?

ah...nope can't think of anything....hmm, can you give me a second...:D

Hammock Parties
Try and keep up.

You said, and I quote:

and I said:

Got it now?

I already said as much.

Enlighten us!

shaneo69
12-29-2005, 09:36 PM
The Redskins held us under 300 total yards. AT ARROWHEAD. That's pretty impressive. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's a season low.

We also had Roaf that day so don't even go there.

Yeah, we also had that ignorant "Priest two series, LJ one series" BS going on at that time.

4th and Long
12-29-2005, 09:37 PM
I already said as much.

Enlighten us!
There is nothing more to add to what I said. I am not petitioning for Gun to keep his job, nor am I petitioning for him to be fired. Fact of the matter is, I don't get to make those decisions. I know this. I wish some of you would wake up and smell the coffee and realize no matter how much you piss and moan on this board, you don't get to make those decisions either. It's merely a, "sit back and wait and see what happens" process.

Nuff said.

acasas4

Sounds to me like you're a true fan to the bone and no matter what this team does, you'll hang in there, regardless. :)Yeah that's right. I am a true Chiefs fan, that's why I like to see my team do well. I'm not a Carl, Dick, Marty or Gunther fan but a fan of the team. Carl is president AND general manager of this team and ultimately the success or failure of the team rests with him. Since Carl was hired every team in the AFC West has been to the super bowl except us. Bad luck? A curse? The ghost of Christmas past? I don't think so. Carl is the man in charge and he should own up to the fact that he hasn't gotten it done instead of having his high and mighty attitude.

chiefs4me
Hush up and get me a beer, woman.

rub my feet while your at it too.

ROFL.......it's your turn.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Yeah, we also had that ignorant "Priest two series, LJ one series" BS going on at that time.

So?

That "BS" raped the Miami Dolphins the following week.

The Redskins held us to a SEASON LOW output at Arrowhead.

4th and Long
12-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Yeah that's right. I am a true Chiefs fan, that's why I like to see my team do well. I'm not a Carl, Dick, Marty or Gunther fan but a fan of the team. Carl is president AND general manager of this team and ultimately the success or failure of the team rests with him. Since Carl was hired every team in the AFC West has been to the super bowl except us. Bad luck? A curse? The ghost of Christmas past? I don't think so. Carl is the man in charge and he should own up to the fact that he hasn't gotten it done instead of having his high and mighty attitude.
Carl is all about:

1. Doing what Lamar wants; putting butts in seats so Lamar makes money and this team continues to stay in Kansas City.

2. Getting paid and keeping his job. He gets paid and keeps his job when he does what Lamar asks of him.

3. The coaches and team and it's talent falls somewhere after that.

shaneo69
12-29-2005, 09:41 PM
So?

That "BS" raped the Miami Dolphins the following week.

The Redskins held us to a SEASON LOW output at Arrowhead.

Gregg Williams is a genious.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2005, 09:43 PM
http://img507.exs.cx/img507/5688/kissing0eh.gif

http://img507.exs.cx/img507/1399/foot46iz.jpg

Hammock Parties
12-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Staring with the 2002 season, only two teams have held the Chiefs under 280 total yards at Arrowhead:

1. 2003 Denver Broncos
2. 2005 Washington Redskins

Yeah, that wasn't impressive AT ALL.

shaneo69
12-29-2005, 09:49 PM

Did you happen to see the pics of Chiefs4me rubbing GoChiefs' and Bob Dole's feet at the Chiefs-Cowboys game in Dallas? That was pretty good.

shaneo69
12-29-2005, 09:50 PM
Staring with the 2002 season, only two teams have held the Chiefs under 280 total yards at Arrowhead:

1. 2003 Denver Broncos
2. 2005 Washington Redskins

Yeah, that wasn't impressive AT ALL.

Too bad they weren't able to hold us to a FG when they needed to.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2005, 09:50 PM
Did you happen to see the pics of Chiefs4me rubbing GoChiefs' and Bob Dole's feet at the Chiefs-Cowboys game in Dallas? That was pretty good.
:eek:

nope i must of miss that

4th and Long
12-29-2005, 09:51 PM

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7350/threadwrecked3yz.jpg

siberian khatru
12-29-2005, 09:52 PM
:eek:

nope i must of miss that

I am eternally grateful that I missed it, too.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Too bad they weren't able to hold us to a FG when they needed to.

The Chiefs defense sucked in Buffalo, too. :rolleyes:

shaneo69
12-29-2005, 09:53 PM
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7350/threadwrecked3yz.jpg

I thought GoChiefs wrecked it when he brought out the snot bubble reference.

shaneo69
12-29-2005, 09:54 PM
The Chiefs defense sucked in Buffalo, too. :rolleyes:

Just Warfield.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2005, 09:55 PM
Did you happen to see the pics of Chiefs4me rubbing GoChiefs' and Bob Dole's feet at the Chiefs-Cowboys game in Dallas?
did gochief "wet" himself?

first female contact 'n all....

Hammock Parties
12-29-2005, 09:59 PM
did gochief "wet" himself?

first female contact 'n all....

First?

SNOT BUBBLE!

Mr. Laz
12-29-2005, 10:02 PM
First?

SNOT BUBBLE!

ROFL

stevieray
12-29-2005, 10:31 PM
why should i need to get loud ... the players are the ones who are employed to win the game.

Because otherwise you're the wine and cheese crowd.

:)