PDA

View Full Version : Have You Prepared Yourself?

jspchief
12-31-2005, 11:07 AM
...For the possibility of a Broncos Superbowl win?

Personally, I don't think they are the best team in the league, or even the AFC. I don't expect them to win more than one play-off game, and wouldn't be suprised if they lost their first game.

However, they are a good team. The have a lot of the ingredients that make for a good play-off team. There's no denying that they have a potent rushing attack, that non-AFC West teams will struggle with. There's also no denying that they have a good defense (although there are weaknesses). It's not our of the realm of possibility that they go to the Superbowl.

Unfortunately, with the age of football bulletin boards, there's a part of my fandom that is no longer about my team. It's about opposing team's fans. As much as I'd like to say I'm above it all, I'm not. I hate seeing certain teams have success, because I despise their fans. It gets under my skin way more than I should let it, but that's who I am.

The thought that Broncos fans have a chance to add to their history makes me wretch. Some of the cockiest f*ckheads in the football world could get a justifiable boost. I realize it's not likely, but I also realize it's a possibility.

Hopefully they can get to the Colts, to get their shit pushed in for the third straight year.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm not really worried about it. They can't stop the run when it counts...

Garcia Bronco
12-31-2005, 11:11 AM
Do you need a hug, brother?

shaneo69
12-31-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm not really worried about it. They can't stop the run when it counts...

I don't think they can stop the pass either. We could've thrown deep on them all day at Arrowhead. Lynch is worthless against the pass.

dirk digler
12-31-2005, 11:16 AM
The Broncos are very good team but it depends on whether the Colts make it to the AFC Championship game.

jspchief
12-31-2005, 11:18 AM
Do you need a hug, brother?Go ahead and pop the cork now. It will make the Indy ass-raping that much more enjoyable.

Adept Havelock
A Broncos SB win? I doubt it.

It doesn't look like they've cheated the cap this year, and I'm pretty certain that's a prerequisite for them. ROFL

Bwana
If they don't have to play the Colts, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

SLAG
12-31-2005, 11:19 AM
Just remember Manning pwns the donks

NJ Chief Fan
12-31-2005, 11:23 AM
DA BEARS

Baby Lee
12-31-2005, 11:29 AM
After Huckleberry F@ckface winning the NCAAs at Norf Cackalackey, I no longer possess the nerve endings where I would normally feel pain when someone I hate succeeds. They've been cauterized and no longer function.

Bugeater
12-31-2005, 11:30 AM
I hate seeing certain teams have success, because I despise their fans. .

I've always felt that way about the Raiders, not so much the Broncos, mostly because of the things I've heard Raider Fans say on sports radio. But I am a n00b here so that may change after time.

cdcox
12-31-2005, 11:30 AM
The Donks are unfortunately going to match up pretty well with most of the teams they would have to face at home.

I think the Colts would demolish them in a match up at the RCA dome. I don't see the addition of Cleveland's DL and a bunch of rookie CB as a difference maker. The Colts problem will be getting to that game. They were flying high a month ago, but the two losses, the death of Dungy's son, the past ineptitude in the playoffs, and a confident NE or Pittsburgh team could be too much for them. I think if the Colts get by that first game, they will win the SB, but I have serious doubts about how they will do there.

If the Colts fall by the wayside, hopefully the Steelers go to Invesco for the Championship game.
I like the Steelers chances at Invesco, because they have a tough defense that could limit damage on the ground and cause the real Jake to emerge. On the offensive side, their commitment to a physical running game could wear down the Donk defenders. OTOH, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Donks prevail in an Invesco match against the Steelers.

NE I think would pose a bigger problem to Indy than Denver, just from a mental point of view. I think Denver would beat the injury ravaged NE secondary to a pulp.

I haven't watched enough NFC games this year to have much of an opinion there. But unless they embarass themselves like the Raiders did a couple years ago, I don't want the Donks even sniffing the SB.

jspchief
12-31-2005, 11:36 AM
I've always felt that way about the Raiders, not so much the Broncos, mostly because of the things I've heard Raider Fans say on sports radio. But I am a n00b here so that may change after time.Before I started going to football BBs, I had a general disdain for a lot of opposing teams, but didn't really give a squirt of piss about opposing fans.

Listening to so many uniformed homers and scrotum ornaments has changed that.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to the day when I didn't know enough about the team to get pissed, and I didn't interact with other fans enough to care about them.

cdcox
12-31-2005, 11:46 AM
I pretty much detested the Raiders, Steelers and Dolphins in the '70s.

I they 80's and 90's, I focused all of that hate onto the head of John Elway.

After Elway was forced from the league for cheating, I had to rechannel that hate somewhere. Gannon made a convenient and humorous target.

The opposing fan thing has entered the picture. I can't stand the thought of losing a home game to a division rival. Broncos' fans would be down right unbearable after winning their first legitimate SB.

Mr. Kotter
12-31-2005, 11:51 AM
No chance in hell. No way.

RealSNR
12-31-2005, 12:34 PM
I don't think they can beat the Patriots. The Jagoffs and Squeelers, sure.

Bengals they might have a shot, but Carson would torch them Manning style. I don't know if their offense could match the same totals.

Against the Colts, **** no.

Of course, let us be glad the Chargers are not in the playoffs because they would most certainly dominate all that they came into contact with.

the Talking Can
12-31-2005, 12:35 PM
After Huckleberry F@ckface winning the NCAAs at Norf Cackalackey, I no longer possess the nerve endings where I would normally feel pain when someone I hate succeeds. They've been cauterized and no longer function.

ditto

Adept Havelock
12-31-2005, 12:51 PM

Damn shame it didn't happen before the Bucknell...ahem..incident. :evil:

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 01:23 PM
I don't think they can beat the Steelers.

cdcox
12-31-2005, 01:26 PM
I don't think they can beat the Steelers.

Thing is the Steelers would have to win two before they would see the Broncs. Conceivably the Donks could get to the SB without facing either the Colts or the Steelers.

tk13
12-31-2005, 01:32 PM
I think the Colts match up extremely well with them. If they can beat them, everybody else is probably fair game.

kcfanXIII
12-31-2005, 01:37 PM
it was great watching the faiders get their asses kicked in the super bowl a couple years ago. but i don't want donkeys anywhere near the super bowl. and if they do, i'll just bound and gag all bronco fans i come accross. i'm with jsp as far as their fans go.

Nzoner
12-31-2005, 02:28 PM
Nope,no preparation needed because the donks have Plummer and eventually he will fock it up.

jspchief
01-15-2006, 08:31 PM
I don't think they can beat the Steelers.Let's hope you're right.

The way the Steelers are passing right now, I give them a better shot than I would have back when I started this thread. They have good balance right now. If they can blitz Plummer like they did Manning, I think he can be rattled.

tk13
01-15-2006, 08:36 PM
Let's hope you're right.

The way the Steelers are passing right now, I give them a better shot than I would have back when I started this thread. They have good balance right now. If they can blitz Plummer like they did Manning, I think he can be rattled.
Yeah, but I think it's gonna be the exact same thing that happened this week. Gonna talk about Big Ben and Jake and Blitzburgh and all that....

Nobody even talks a whiff about the Denver defense. They can do all the same things Pittsburgh can. And Ben can be forced into bad decisions just like Jake can. I think both of these teams are very similar... decent QB's who can be forced into mistakes, great running games, a #1 WR that is probably underrated, and two good blitzing defenses who can be totally exposed if they're forced to drop into coverage too long. Really on a neutral field I'd say they're about even... but the game is in Denver.

Hammock Parties
01-15-2006, 08:39 PM
My take on this is that the Steelers defense is for real.

The Broncos defense is average if they don't get a bunch of turnovers.

Phobia
01-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Let's hope you're right.

Bullshit. You're probably the only Chiefs fan who benefits from a Donkey superbowl win. I'm guessing you get daily head for February.

cdcox
01-15-2006, 08:44 PM

The Broncos defense is average if they don't get a bunch of turnovers.

You're the ChiefsPlanet version of Taco when it comes to predictions.

Nzoner
01-15-2006, 08:45 PM

Unfortunately so are those zebras with the little yellow flags.

Skip Towne
01-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Before I started going to football BBs, I had a general disdain for a lot of opposing teams, but didn't really give a squirt of piss about opposing fans.

Listening to so many uniformed homers and scrotum ornaments has changed that.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to the day when I didn't know enough about the team to get pissed, and I didn't interact with other fans enough to care about them.
Homers wearing uniforms? I've never seen that.

angryllama
01-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Wow. I guess I should expect people to stoop low in regards to the Broncos on this board, but some of this stuff is downright goofy!

You guys havent figured it out yet about Plummer? Wasnt he supposed to be the one (not Brady) to make the huge interceptions? Havent we heard the same hogwash all year about that? That story is stale, boys.

For good 'ol Bobchiefspeeking: the Broncos were second in the NFL this year in takeaways and only allowed 16 points a game. The Pats mustered up a mighty 13 points with only a singular TD. The Broncos D is for real. It's time to wake up.

jspchief
01-15-2006, 08:49 PM

The Broncos defense is average if they don't get a bunch of turnovers.I'm partially in agreement. I believe the Steelers D is the real thing.

I think Denver's D is above average, but not great. I think they are legitimately good against the run, but their pass D relies too heavily on pressure. If the QB can pick up Denver's blitzes, they get exposed. If Denver doesn't blitz, they are average at best in coverage.

The Steelers should do some serious film study of the second half of that Pats/Broncos game. Brady gave them a list of plays that will eat Denver's blitz alive.

Eleazar
01-15-2006, 08:51 PM
At least your girlfriend didn't convert to a bronco fan during their playoff run in 98.

that little...

jspchief
01-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Bullshit. You're probably the only Chiefs fan who benefits from a Donkey superbowl win. I'm guessing you get daily head for February.My birthday is in February, so that happens anyway. :)

My wife is going to the AFC championship game. I'm just glad I won't be near her to see her celebrate, or get the brunt of her disappointment.

htismaqe
01-15-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm partially in agreement. I believe the Steelers D is the real thing.

I think Denver's D is above average, but not great. I think they are legitimately good against the run, but their pass D relies too heavily on pressure. If the QB can pick up Denver's blitzes, they get exposed. If Denver doesn't blitz, they are average at best in coverage.

The Steelers should do some serious film study of the second half of that Pats/Broncos game. Brady gave them a list of plays that will eat Denver's blitz alive.

Denver's rush defense really wasn't that much better than ours, and for mostly the same reasons.

They were 2nd in rushing yards, but 1st in fewest attempts. They were 15th in yards per carry at 3.96.

They relied on the offense getting an early lead and making the other team pass...

dj56dt58
01-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Have I prepared? Not yet...If the Broncos do make it to the superbowl I'll be sure to have plenty of extra alcohol come SB Sunday. There will be the "fun alcohol during the game, and the Depression alcohol after if the donkey's win.

Taco John
01-15-2006, 09:33 PM

Actually, he's pretty bad at it... As where, I'm pretty good at it. I missed the Holmes one, and that's the one everyone hangs over my head... But I was just a year off. I do about 80%-85% with predictions when I'm actually making a prediction.

I've got one out there that I'm hoping to cash in this offseason. The prediction of all predictions.

jspchief
01-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Denver's rush defense really wasn't that much better than ours, and for mostly the same reasons.

They were 2nd in rushing yards, but 1st in fewest attempts. They were 15th in yards per carry at 3.96.

They relied on the offense getting an early lead and making the other team pass...I agree they weren't much better than us, but I think we disagree on how good KC's run D was.

As for the "few attempts", I think that's a bit of a chicken or egg argument. Do teams stop attempting because it's not working, or does it look like it's not working because they don't attempt it. I do agree that early leads play a factor.

I'm not saying they smother the run, but yards don't come easy. Teams have to suffer through a lot of short gains, but can be rewarded by some long ones. I believe Bettis will be more effective than Parker in this game.

Taco John
01-15-2006, 09:34 PM
My wife is going to the AFC championship game. I'm just glad I won't be near her to see her celebrate, or get the brunt of her disappointment.

That's awesome! Maybe me and Garcia will run into her there? :)

Phobia
01-15-2006, 09:38 PM
My birthday is in February, so that happens anyway. :)

Will you tell your wife that my birthday is in February too? Heh heh.

jspchief
01-15-2006, 09:39 PM
That's awesome! Maybe me and Garcia will run into her there? :)She may try and seek out OF1. We stopped by at the Den @ KC and met some of those guys briefly.

jspchief
01-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Will you tell your wife that my birthday is in February too? Heh heh.She said happy birthday and she'll send you pics of me getting hummers.

Skip Towne
01-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Actually, he's pretty bad at it... As where, I'm pretty good at it. I missed the Holmes one, and that's the one everyone hangs over my head... But I was just a year off. I do about 80%-85% with predictions when I'm actually making a prediction.

I've got one out there that I'm hoping to cash in this offseason. The prediction of all predictions.
You're actually about 30%, if that.

Basileus777
01-15-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm partially in agreement. I believe the Steelers D is the real thing.

This is true but the same is also true of Pittsburgh. If the Steelers can't pressure the qb with their blitzes, their secondary isn't very good at all. Denver's pass defense is much better than the stats show because they are also the most passeds upon defense in the league. I think both of their defenses are somewhat overated and are not as good as several of the NFC defenses.

Taco John
01-15-2006, 09:50 PM
She may try and seek out OF1. We stopped by at the Den @ KC and met some of those guys briefly.

That's where we're going to be. Tell her to stop by. We're going to be starting bright and early. I spoke with one of the crewmen for OF1 today, and he was talking about pulling in at 7am. :)

Taco John
01-15-2006, 09:54 PM
You're actually about 30%, if that.

Nah. I never get any credit here for the ones that I hit. I actually do pretty well, despite the over blown tide that goes against me here. The fact that the Chiefs missed the playoffs the last two years has sure helped out my average.

Check out my thread "The Rest of the Season." I did pretty well there, too.

Saulbadguy
01-15-2006, 09:55 PM
I thought it was odd when noone on here was giving the Broncos a chance this weekend. Now they have a very real chance to get to the Superbowl. I didn't, and wouldn't take them lightly. Breaks my heart, but oh well. They got it done, and we did not.

Hammock Parties
01-15-2006, 09:56 PM

What, the Broncos winning the Super Bowl?

Eat me.

jspchief
01-15-2006, 09:57 PM
I thought it was odd when noone on here was giving the Broncos a chance this weekend. Now they have a very real chance to get to the Superbowl. I didn't, and wouldn't take them lightly. Breaks my heart, but oh well. They got it done, and we did not.I gave them a chance. I predicted they would win.

I also said I thought Indy was in danger of getting punched in the mouth this weekend.

Taco John
01-15-2006, 10:03 PM
What, the Broncos winning the Super Bowl?

Eat me.

Something like that... It's a prediction that I made in 2001

Skip Towne
01-15-2006, 10:05 PM
I also said I thought Indy was in danger of getting punched in the mouth this weekend.

cdcox
01-15-2006, 10:15 PM
I thought it was odd when noone on here was giving the Broncos a chance this weekend. Now they have a very real chance to get to the Superbowl. I didn't, and wouldn't take them lightly. Breaks my heart, but oh well. They got it done, and we did not.

I called Dungver to win. I though Indy would win, but also recognized that Indy was lined up nicely to lose to Pitt, despite being a better team.

Nzoner
01-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Nope,no preparation needed because the donks have Plummer and eventually he will fock it up.

Bada Bing!!

SLAG
01-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Bada Bing!!

ROFL

Coach
01-22-2006, 10:19 PM
ROFL

Btw jsp, did ya wife come home in a bad mood? :D

Nzoner
01-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Great time sitting at a local bar as there happened to be 1/2 dozen people there cheering for the Donks.

Nzoner:"That's the Jake I know and love!!"

jspchief
01-23-2006, 09:13 AM
ROFL

Btw jsp, did ya wife come home in a bad mood? :D ROFL

She gets home tonight. I talked to her last night and she was OK. She didn't really want to talk about the game because she knows how I feel about the Broncos. :)

Simply Red
01-23-2006, 09:21 AM

It would appear that Go-Chiefs was extremely accurate on the subject. It is you that needs time to reflect on your views.

Lzen
01-23-2006, 09:25 AM
Wow. I guess I should expect people to stoop low in regards to the Broncos on this board, but some of this stuff is downright goofy!

You guys havent figured it out yet about Plummer? Wasnt he supposed to be the one (not Brady) to make the huge interceptions? Havent we heard the same hogwash all year about that? That story is stale, boys.

For good 'ol Bobchiefspeeking: the Broncos were second in the NFL this year in takeaways and only allowed 16 points a game. The Pats mustered up a mighty 13 points with only a singular TD. The Broncos D is for real. It's time to wake up.

Nah. I never get any credit here for the ones that I hit. I actually do pretty well, despite the over blown tide that goes against me here. The fact that the Chiefs missed the playoffs the last two years has sure helped out my average.

Check out my thread "The Rest of the Season." I did pretty well there, too.

All I have to say is..........

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!