PDA

View Full Version : I would love this draft

Tribal Warfare
12-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Mock Draft (http://www.draftking.com/nfl/2006/mockdraft.shtml)

Beware it is boner worthy

Mr. Laz
12-31-2005, 05:25 PM
2006 NFL Mock Draft

1. Houston Texans - Reggie Bush, RB, USC
2. New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart, QB, USC
3. Green Bay Packers - A.J. Hawk, OLB, Ohio St.
4. New York Jets - DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis
5. San Francisco 49ers - Mario Williams, DE, NC State
6. Oakland Raiders - DeMeco Ryans, OLB, Alabama
7. Tennessee Titans - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
8. Arizona Cardinals - Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State
9. St. Louis Rams - Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech
10. Cleveland Browns - Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
11. Detroit Lions - Michael Huff, CB/S, Texas
12. Buffalo Bills - Orien Harris, DT, Miami
13. Philadelphia Eagles - Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
14. Baltimore Ravens - Eric Winston, OT, Miami
15. Atlanta Falcons - Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa
16. Miami Dolphins - Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt
17. Minnesota Vikings - Abdul Hodge, ILB, Iowa
18. Dallas Cowboys - D'Qwell Jackson, ILB, Maryland
19. San Diego Chargers - Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona St.
20. Kansas City Chiefs - Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn
21. Denver Broncos (from Washington) - Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA
22. Pittsburgh Steelers - Tye Hill, CB, Clemson
23. New England Patriots - Ahmad Brooks, ILB, Virginia
24. New York Giants - Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
25. Cincinnati Bengals - Darnell Bing, S, USC
26. Carolina Panthers - Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jonathan Scott, OT, Texas
28. Jacksonville Jaguars - LaRon Landry, S, LSU
29. Chicago Bears - Max Jean-Gilles, OG, Georgia
30. Denver Broncos - Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas
31. Seattle Seahawks - Chad Jackson, WR, Florida
32. Indianapolis Colts - Thomas Howard, OLB, UTEP

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 05:26 PM
Love it. Love it. Love it.

sedated
12-31-2005, 05:27 PM
OTackle?

Very nice, I certainly hope it comes true

chiefsfaninNC
12-31-2005, 05:27 PM
I think we need an OT in the first round but I am hoping for Eric Winston.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 05:33 PM

If Vermeil and Saunders were coming back, Winston is probably the guy that could go right away.

McNeil needs to develop footwork in the passing game, but he's a MONSTER run blocker with HUGE upside. With LJ and the potential that we hire a maulball coach, I take McNeil.

JBucc
12-31-2005, 05:34 PM
looks good to me

Tribal Warfare
12-31-2005, 05:36 PM
Dude, Marcus McNeill is the Outland Trophy winner. The last Outland Trophy winner KC had was Will Shields, and things turned out pretty good at that standpoint.

Concerning the passing game Winston is more polished, but when it comes to run blocking Winston is good but not in the same league as McNeill.

FloridaMan88
12-31-2005, 05:39 PM

I don't know. I've watched Winston every game this season and he's been very up and down. It doesn't look like he's totally recovered from the knee injury he suffered last year.

Alphaman
12-31-2005, 05:42 PM
I'd love that draft as well. However, I don't think McNeil drops that far. I'd love it if he dropped to us though.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 05:48 PM
I'd love that draft as well. However, I don't think McNeil drops that far. I'd love it if he dropped to us though.

Every mock I've seen so far has him going around 20th.

Tribal Warfare
12-31-2005, 05:52 PM

Think Derrick Johnson . I'm jockeying that Marcus MCNeill will be KC's pick in the 2006 NFL Draft. I hope my clairvoyant ability takes place again. Chris Berman doesn't have sh*t on me :D

Eleazar
12-31-2005, 05:52 PM
Hawk at #3? Can't remember the last time a linebacker went that high.

I think we can avoid the down years people are expecting, if we can reload on the offensive line. It all starts there.

HolmeZz
12-31-2005, 06:00 PM
That mock has a lot of reaches, at this point anyway.

jspchief
12-31-2005, 06:00 PM
If Vermeil and Saunders were coming back, Winston is probably the guy that could go right away.

McNeil needs to develop footwork in the passing game, but he's a MONSTER run blocker with HUGE upside. With LJ and the potential that we hire a maulball coach, I take McNeil.I disagree on the footwork. He has quick feet with good lateral movement.

His biggest weakness is he relies too much on his size in college, and plays upright. Nothing that any good NFL line coach can't fix.

This guy is the real deal IMO. He moves well in pass defense and can get downfield run blocking. He reminds me a lot of Roaf actually.

jspchief
12-31-2005, 06:01 PM
McNeill is ranked as third best OT in almost every place I've seen. He could easily make it to our pick.

HolmeZz
12-31-2005, 06:02 PM

Maybe at the beginning of the year, but he's regressed by most reports. His work ethic supposedly isn't what it needs to be. That being said, he's still a road grader in the run game. His pass blocking technique needs to be refined, but nothing some coaching couldn't fix.

I'd be happy with drafting McNeill, but the draft is so deep at OT that I would rather address another area first.

Tribal Warfare
12-31-2005, 06:03 PM
This guy is the real deal IMO. He moves well in pass defense and can get downfield run blocking. He reminds me a lot of Roaf actually.

But bigger :drool:

cdcox
12-31-2005, 06:03 PM

I think we can avoid the down years people are expecting, if we can reload on the offensive line. It all starts there.

We still will need a replacement for Green in a couple years.

ZootedGranny
12-31-2005, 06:04 PM
Of all of the tackles projected to go in the first round, I like McNeil the best, even over D'Brick.

It doesn't hurt that he hasn't given up a sack since his freshman year.

Tribal Warfare
12-31-2005, 06:05 PM
I'd be happy with drafting McNeill, but the draft is so deep at OT that I would rather address another area first.

No way dude, if the BAP is McNeill you pick Marcus McNeill

HolmeZz
12-31-2005, 06:07 PM

LaVar Arrington went #2, but yeah, they usually don't go that high. Not sure why. LB's obviously a very important position.

jspchief
12-31-2005, 06:08 PM
We still will need a replacement for Green in a couple years.This is a great draft for 2nd rnd and later QBs.

There are a lot of guys like Croyle, Whitehurst, and Pinegar that will be available later. I wouldn't mind a 3rd rounder on a guy like Pinegar.

HolmeZz
12-31-2005, 06:11 PM
No way dude, if the BAP is McNeill you pick Marcus McNeill

It really depends who's left on the board at the time.

As for a mid-round QB, Croyle's the guy I'd take a flyer on. I'd like Cutler in the 2nd too, but his stock seems to be rising too high at the moment and I dunno if I'd use a 1st on him.

Pinegar's not great as a prospect IMO. Arm isn't anything special and his accuracy is a concern.

Whitehurst has some tools, he just needs to work on his decision making. Potential's there though.

cdcox
12-31-2005, 06:19 PM
LaVar Arrington went #2, but yeah, they usually don't go that high. Not sure why. LB's obviously a very important position.

You can get a probowl LB in the middle of the first round. IMO, you need a once in a decade talent to justify taking a LB in the first few picks. DT, LT were pcked very early and paid off. Arrington has not. Stabber Ray didn't get drafted ' til #26.

HolmeZz
12-31-2005, 06:25 PM
You can get a probowl LB in the middle of the first round. IMO, you need a once in a decade talent to justify taking a LB in the first few picks. DT, LT were pcked very early and paid off. Arrington has not. Stabber Ray didn't get drafted ' til #26.

Ummm, the reason you can get probowl LB talent in the middle of the 1st is BECAUSE nobody takes them early. :p

Eleazar
12-31-2005, 06:26 PM
This is a great draft for 2nd rnd and later QBs.

There are a lot of guys like Croyle, Whitehurst, and Pinegar that will be available later. I wouldn't mind a 3rd rounder on a guy like Pinegar.

I haven't seen a whole lot about Whitehurst that impressed me. A good friend of mine is a huge Clemson fan so I've seen him play several times, he doesn't really strike me as someone to be excited about in the pro game.

Obviously any QBOTF project would be good to have though.

jspchief
12-31-2005, 06:29 PM
I haven't seen a whole lot about Whitehurst that impressed me. A good friend of mine is a huge Clemson fan so I've seen him play several times, he doesn't really strike me as someone to be excited about in the pro game.

Obviously any QBOTF project would be good to have though.Whitehurst would definately be a project. he has the size and arm strength, but not the decision making.

Croyle would be my first choice, but I think it would take a 2nd round pick. Pinegar has done nothing but win, and could be available third or later.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 06:31 PM
If we could get Brodie Croyle late in the 2nd, that would be a GREAT pick. He's not the most atheltically gifted guy, but after Leinart, he's probably the closest thing to an NFL-ready prospect in this draft.

chiefsfaninNC
12-31-2005, 06:33 PM
Most of us would agree that OT is our first round need. However lets say Ferguson, Winston, and McNeill are off the board. Do we reach with Scott or go with D? Brooks would be a nice pick at LB.

HolmeZz
12-31-2005, 06:40 PM
Most of us would agree that OT is our first round need. However lets say Ferguson, Winston, and McNeill are off the board. Do we reach with Scott or go with D? Brooks would be a nice pick at LB.

We don't need an inside linebacker and if we did, I'd much rather prefer D'Qwell Jackson. I wouldn't mind Santonio Holmes at WR.

jspchief
12-31-2005, 06:41 PM
Most of us would agree that OT is our first round need. However lets say Ferguson, Winston, and McNeill are off the board. Do we reach with Scott or go with D? Brooks would be a nice pick at LB.I don't want to use a first rounder on a LB. I think with Mitchell, DJ, and Fox/Griffin, we may already have the LBs we need. Besides, we could still get a good LB like AJ nicholson or the kid from Miami in the 2nd.

If McNeill was gone, I'd look at a DT like Rodrique Wright or maybe Landry or Bing at Safety.

Tribal Warfare
12-31-2005, 06:41 PM

Again it depends, I'm starting to like Claude Wroten of LSU after they owned Miami.

Alphaman
12-31-2005, 06:47 PM
Maybe at the beginning of the year, but he's regressed by most reports. His work ethic supposedly isn't what it needs to be. That being said, he's still a road grader in the run game. His pass blocking technique needs to be refined, but nothing some coaching couldn't fix.

If we could get him and have him behind Roaf for a year or two, that would be phenomenal.

In the 2nd round I'd like to see us get Lauron Landry, Safety from LSU.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 06:51 PM
I don't want to use a first rounder on a LB. I think with Mitchell, DJ, and Fox/Griffin, we may already have the LBs we need. Besides, we could still get a good LB like AJ nicholson or the kid from Miami in the 2nd.

If McNeill was gone, I'd look at a DT like Rodrique Wright or maybe Landry or Bing at Safety.

The only thing that worries me about Rod Wright is every scouting report I've read says he lacks fire/work ethic/etc.

Tribal Warfare
12-31-2005, 07:04 PM
The only thing that worries me about Rod Wright is every scouting report I've read says he lacks fire/work ethic/etc.

That's the reason my alternate pick is Claude Wroten he was a hellacious run stopper in the ownage of Miami.

Tribal Warfare
12-31-2005, 07:13 PM
http://forum.signonsandiego.com/upload/showthread.php?t=56405

If SD is truly ahead of in draft position this could really f*ck up this pick

CanadaKC
12-31-2005, 07:13 PM
I want Huff or CB Jimmy Williams...but McNeil would be awesome

HolmeZz
12-31-2005, 07:25 PM
I think Williams will be turned into a safety. His cover skills aren't good enough at this point.

RealSNR
12-31-2005, 07:27 PM
But bigger :drool:You like that, don't you, you little assblaster

Tribal Warfare
12-31-2005, 07:31 PM
You like that, don't you, you little assblaster

Don't be talking about what I did to your Mamma last night nlm

teedubya
12-31-2005, 08:26 PM
Marcus McNeill
Height: 6-9 | Weight: 338 | 40-Time: 4.97

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/17/179360.jpg
Official Bio

Strengths:
A massive mountain of a man who is an imposing physical presence...Has a large frame with long arms, big hands and a wide base...Tremendous athlete for his size and has great feet...Moves laterally extremely well and is tough to get around...Does a good job getting to the second level of defenders...Good playing strength...Smart player with top intangibles who wants to get better...All-around player who is a major factor as both a run blocker and pass protector.

Weaknesses:
Will play too upright at times due to his height...Has some medical issues with his back and neck that will have to be cleared...Will get caught leaning...May lack a nasty demeanor and killer instinct...Will get lazy and lose concentration at times...Needs to refine and become more consistent with his technique...Is not as explosive as you would expect a guy with his dimensions to be.

Notes:
From a measurables standpoint this guy is off the charts and exactly what you look for in a stud tackle...Could project to either the left or right side as a pro...Experienced and has led the way for some great rushing attacks...You simply can't teach the type of size and athleticism this guy brings to the table.

Tribal Warfare
12-31-2005, 10:28 PM
McNeill would be ideal prospect if/ or when he falls to KC

jspchief
12-31-2005, 10:35 PM
If SD is truly ahead of in draft position this could really f*ck up this pickThat's a good point. O-line is a weakness for SD right now, so they could take McNeill right out from under us.

Tribal Warfare
01-01-2006, 04:31 AM
bump

phxchief
01-01-2006, 05:48 AM
Not bad, but i'd go D-line > O-line.

milkman
01-01-2006, 09:30 AM

The question has to be who's best player available.

If a DE or DT is there that has more upside, take him.

But if a player with this guy's talent and upside is there, and there isn't anyone along the D-Line that is equal to or better, then this is the choice.

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 09:31 AM

If it comes down to Rod Wright or Marcus McNeil, there's no question who we should take.

Coogs
01-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Since we are going to be bringing in a new coaching staff, I would say only LJ and DJ are unexpendable. If Green Bay or San Fransisco (who both drafted QB's #1 last year) wind up in the #2 hole, I would do whatever it takes to move up to that spot and draft Leinart.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-01-2006, 11:27 AM
I'd be happy with McNeil, but I would like Santonio Holmes the most. This of course is assuming that Ngata goes in the top 10. DT Kyle Williams would be a good second round pick. after that i'll let carl go to work

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 11:29 AM
man, we need a DE though

FRCDFED
01-01-2006, 11:29 AM
The question has to be who's best player available.

If a DE or DT is there that has more upside, take him.

But if a player with this guy's talent and upside is there, and there isn't anyone along the D-Line that is equal to or better, then this is the choice.
That is without question the best drafting strategy. The years of reaching and drafting tweeners are behind us. Carl should have learned that drafting proven college players like LJ and DJ pay off. You take the best player available with a proven college track record. Rounds 4-7 are for tweeners and projects.

I am not a fan of drafting OL in round 1 but this guy is enormous! He would be a mainstay on our line for the next 10 years.

Mecca
01-01-2006, 11:30 AM
I'd be happy with McNeil, but I would like Santonio Holmes the most. This of course is assuming that Ngata goes in the top 10. DT Kyle Williams would be a good second round pick. after that i'll let carl go to work

Are we keeping this system? If not Holmes is going to be nothing more than a slot WR for alot of NFL teams. As some people would say "he's another midget WR".

Rausch
01-01-2006, 11:31 AM
I'd love to see Michael Huff fall and put him at FS...

Mecca
01-01-2006, 11:31 AM
man, we need a DE though

The only end we're going to have any shot at is Tamba Hali, you like him?

01-01-2006, 11:32 AM
I would also like QB Bruce Gradkowski somewhere in the draft

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 11:34 AM
The only end we're going to have any shot at is Tamba Hali, you like him?
actually don't know him :shrug:

i just know that we get almost nothing from the LDE position right now.

hicks makes like 4/5 impact plays A YEAR

a stud LDE and a little better push from inside would go a long, long way in helping our defense.

needs imo

1. DE
2. DT
3. OT
4. CB
5. WR
6. QBotF

01-01-2006, 11:35 AM
man, we need a DE though
after mario williams (if he comes out, Kiwanuka, and Hali there is nobody worth drafting in the first round IMO. Hali is the only one who might slip.

milkman
01-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Since we are going to be bringing in a new coaching staff, I would say only LJ and DJ are unexpendable. If Green Bay or San Fransisco (who both drafted QB's #1 last year) wind up in the #2 hole, I would do whatever it takes to move up to that spot and draft Leinart.

Wow!

The only way the Chiefs could move up that far in the draft is to give up a butt load of draft picks.

So you would be mortgaging the future for one guy, who'll wind up getting killed because you won't have any picks to draft talent to surround him with.

You usually have pretty good takes, Coogs, but this has to be your worst take ever.

Mecca
01-01-2006, 11:38 AM
actually don't know him :shrug:

i just know that we get almost nothing from the LDE position right now.

hicks makes like 4/5 A YEAR

a stud LDE and a little better push from inside would go a long, long way in helping our defense.

needs imo

1. DE
2. DT
3. OT
4. CB
5. WR
6. QBotF

He's a smallish pass rusher from Penn State.....he's kinda like a John Abraham type.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 11:38 AM
after mario williams (if he comes out, Kiwanuka, and Hali there is nobody worth drafting in the first round IMO. Hali is the only one who might slip.
i like Mathias Kiwanuka :clap:

can the chiefs get him for my late christmas present ..... please?

:p

Rausch
01-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Since we are going to be bringing in a new coaching staff, I would say only LJ and DJ are unexpendable.

I hope you sit on your nuts this afternoon...

Mecca
01-01-2006, 11:40 AM
i like Mathias Kiwanuka :clap:

can the chiefs get him for my late christmas present ..... please?

:p

Yea if you wanna trade up to about 5th.......

phxchief
01-01-2006, 11:50 AM
man, we need a DE though

We need a DT more.

At least we get SOME pressure from the outside. Our DTs are just 600lbs of non-existance.

HolmeZz
01-01-2006, 11:52 AM
I think Kiwi could fall a bit. He hasn't been 100% since that cheap shot in the UVA game. He hasn't been very explosive since and has gotten pushed around a bit.

Mecca
01-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Even so there isn't anyway he'll come close to our pick. Defensive End is to premium of a position for that many teams to pass on him.

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Kiwi hasn't been the same since the injury, like Holmez said.

His stock is gonna depend on all-star games and the combine...if he shows up, he's gone well before we pick...

Tribal Warfare
01-01-2006, 06:25 PM

I'll reiterate , if McNeill is the BAP he should be chosen .

Coogs
01-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Wow!

The only way the Chiefs could move up that far in the draft is to give up a butt load of draft picks.

So you would be mortgaging the future for one guy, who'll wind up getting killed because you won't have any picks to draft talent to surround him with.

You usually have pretty good takes, Coogs, but this has to be your worst take ever.

SideWinder,

On day soon, I will give my rational for doing this. Today is not the day for it though. And with the Saints having the #2 pick, it will be tough to do.

whoman69
01-01-2006, 08:09 PM
guess we'll have to dust off the Chiefsplanet mock draft

Spicy McHaggis
01-06-2006, 02:00 PM
McNeill would be ideal prospect if/ or when he falls to KC

I agree. One of the guys I know that attends Auburn said that McNeill does get by on his size alone sometimes but he seems to be a good leader that will continue to improve. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we got him at #20.