PDA

View Full Version : If You Knew Before The Season Started....

petegz28
01-01-2006, 11:12 AM
If someone told you before the season started the Chiefs would go 10-6 would you..

A) think they would make the playoffs?
B) be disappointed with a 10-6 record?

I think this is a fluke year where 10-6 isn't getting you in. Sucks it has to happen to us.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2006, 11:15 AM
i thought they'd be 11-5 before the season...10-6 will usually get you in the playoffs, but the way some of these games have gone yes i am disappointed with that 10-6 record.

petegz28
01-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh I agree. But just saying most I think would take a guaranteed 10-6 record as a ticket into the playoffs.

chiefsfaninNC
01-01-2006, 11:18 AM
The disappointment with this season has nothing to do with the record. It has to do with the coaching staff and their inability to get the team ready to play week to week. The 10-6 record is a result of their failures.

Sybil
01-01-2006, 11:19 AM
No.

Yes.

Psst. We still need to win today to BE 10-6. :banghead:

PHOG
01-01-2006, 11:22 AM
I claimed 11-5 before the year started, and the way it turned out, is just (sigh) disapointing.

GO LIONS!!

It sucks rooting for a ..NM

Baby Lee
01-01-2006, 11:26 AM
I've seen enough of the NFL to know that the 'overall picture' is woefully inadequate. We could be 12-3 right now, contemplating 13-3, and I'd STILL be bitterly disappointed at the puking on the shoes against the Eagles, Bills and Cowboys, and embarassed at the sh!tbird displayed against the Giants. Whereas, if we were 8-8 and had played our hearts out in every game, I might be a little more forgiving.
It's not about overall picture, it's about how you perform week in, week out. The devil is in the details.

petegz28
01-01-2006, 11:27 AM
I've seen enough of the NFL to know that the 'overall picture' is woefully inadequate. We could be 12-3 right now, contemplating 13-3, and I'd STILL be bitterly disappointed at the puking on the shoes against the Eagles, Bills and Cowboys, and embarassed at the sh!tbird displayed against the Giants. Whereas, if we were 8-8 and had played our hearts out in every game, I might be a little more forgiving.
It's not about overall picture, it's about how you perform week in, week out. The devil is in the details.

I think you missed the enitre question.

Deberg_1990
01-01-2006, 11:28 AM
"I think 10-6 is a wonderful record and would have gotten us in if the playoffs were expanded"

Sincerly,

Carl Peterson

VonneMarie
01-01-2006, 11:29 AM
"I think 10-6 is a wonderful record and would have gotten us in if the playoffs were expanded"

Sincerly,

Carl Peterson
ROFL

petegz28
01-01-2006, 11:29 AM

Sincerly,

Carl Peterson

Ok now that's funny!

Baby Lee
01-01-2006, 11:46 AM
I think you missed the enitre question.
No, I rejected the question as a legitimate way to gauge a season.
It's like saying, if after 20 years you're still married to your wife, would you consider it a sucessful marriage, without taking into consideration that you've cheated on each other numerous times and put each other in the hospital after altercations, but were each just to stubborn to pull the trigger on a divorce.
Longevity isn't an adequate measure of a marriage, just like overall record isn't an adequate measure of a season.

PHOG
01-01-2006, 11:51 AM

Sincerly,

Carl Peterson

Would you like a contract extenson?

Forever yours,

Lamar

Bearcat
01-01-2006, 12:26 PM
If someone told you before the season started the Chiefs would go 10-6 would you..

A) think they would make the playoffs?
B) be disappointed with a 10-6 record?

I think this is a fluke year where 10-6 isn't getting you in. Sucks it has to happen to us.

Even if this was the best way to gauge the season, we aren't a victim of too many teams & not enough spots... I don't think of it as "sucks it happened to us", because we aren't a victim of an impossible schedule, either.

But as long as it's just a fluke..... bbbbaaaahhh