PDA

View Full Version : How many so-called "playoff teams" would the Chiefs beat on neutral turf?

Rain Man
01-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Here are the so-called "playoff teams". (Scoff.)

New England (who we beat)
Cincinnati (who we beat)
Pittsburgh (who can barely even beat Detroit with Matt Millen)
Indianapolis (who we would've beaten if they weren't afraid to play us)
Jacksonville (who anyone could beat)
Denver (cheaters that we beat)
NY Giants (lucky to be ahead at game end with us)
Washington (who we beat)
Chicago (are you kidding me?)
Tampa Bay (who managed to beat a lot of NFC North and South "teams", but not much else)
Carolina (see "Tampa Bay")
Seattle (who we would've beaten if they weren't afraid to play us)

Hammock Parties
01-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Don't forget we beat "the greatest team not in the playoffs."

chappy
01-01-2006, 08:03 PM
NE
Cinni
Pitts
Jack
Denver
NY
Wash
TB
Car
The others are up in the air. our defense would have to play like they did today.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-01-2006, 08:04 PM
i think anybody but indy.

Hammock Parties
01-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Well....currently our coaching staff is comprised entirely of Mike Solari....so I don't know.

Rain Man
01-01-2006, 08:17 PM
I swear I had a "zero" option in the poll. What happened to it?

keg in kc
01-01-2006, 08:18 PM
I think we'd compete with all the playoff teams, not only on a neutral site, but on the road.

The problem is, we'd make just enough mistakes, or miss just enough opportunities, to lose. For that reason alone, this has been the most frustrating season to date for me. I think this was, by far, the best team I've seen here, we just didn't get it done.

Frazod
01-01-2006, 08:19 PM
i think anybody but indy.

I realistically think we're the only team that matches up with Indy when they're on. We can't stop them, they can't stop us, last one to score wins. Coin flip.

Everybody else they'll crush.

Hope I'm wrong, because I despise Manning, but I think they'll easily win the SB. And it'll be fun watching them put Denver through the woodchipper for the third year in a row.

01-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Don't forget we beat "the greatest team not in the playoffs."

ROFLROFL

Damn Bolt lovin media. IT is official as of today. The BEST team NOT to make the playoffs is the Chiefs!!!! And the playoff teams are thrilled about that.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 08:21 PM
hard to tell ... depends on which chiefs showed up

the "home game" chiefs could beat any of them

the "road game" chiefs would be hard pressed to break wind without going into overtime.

Frazod
01-01-2006, 08:23 PM
ROFLROFL

Damn Bolt lovin media. IT is official as of today. The BEST team NOT to make the playoffs is the Chiefs!!!! And the playoff teams are thrilled about that.

Funny how nobody mentioned it. Last week they practually eulogized the Chargers. This week, they just talk about how great Vermeil was as a HC, even though he didn't do a goddamn thing for us.

Hammock Parties
01-01-2006, 08:23 PM
I realistically think we're the only team that matches up with Indy when they're on. We can't stop them, they can't stop us, last one to score wins. Coin flip.

I share your opinion. Which is why I am SO PISSED that we couldn't get in.

If the Chiefs had somehow found a way to pull a wildcard win out of their ass, I think they stood a chance of going into Indy and winning.

cdcox
01-01-2006, 09:09 PM
hard to tell ... depends on which chiefs showed up

the "home game" chiefs could beat any of them

the "road game" chiefs would be hard pressed to break wind without going into overtime.

Laz is right. We know they play great at home and terrible on the road. We have no idea how they would play on a neutral field.

manchambo
01-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Congratulations on discovering a type of thread light years lamer than those blaming losses on officiating.

Wallcrawler
01-01-2006, 09:45 PM
People seem to forget what happens when the 05 Chiefs leave Arrowhead.

THEY LOSE.

3-5 on the road, with those wins coming against the Raiders, Texans, and Dolphins. Im inclined to think that had we played the Dolphins late in the season after Saban got things going, they would have beaten the Chiefs too.

The Chiefs were utterly smoked in Denver, embarrassed in Buffalo, threw the game away in San Diego, Blew the game in Dallas, and got smoked by little Tiki Barber and the Giants.

If the Chiefs had to leave Arrowhead to play any of these playoff teams, Im inclined to say that they would find a way to lose, given their performances on the road this year. If is for this very reason alone that Im not too bummed out that the Chiefs didnt make the playoffs. They would go on the road, and stick their head up their ass again like they normally do. Or at least what they did 5 out of 8 times during the regular season.

Rain Man
01-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Congratulations on discovering a type of thread light years lamer than those blaming losses on officiating.

Thank you. I try to be a pioneer in my field.

Nightwish
01-01-2006, 09:59 PM
If we played our best game on both sides of the ball, we'd probably beat the teams that rely heavily on a running game (Denver, Giants, et al.), but we'd still have a lot trouble with strong passing teams like Indy, Seattle and Carolina. Our secondary is too slow and too weak, though it is improving. All in all, I'm confident that if our A team shows up, we'd beat at least 8 of those teams listed, maybe more.

Hammock Parties
01-01-2006, 10:24 PM
I can stomach losing to SD, Denver and NYG on the road.

The Buffalo and Dallas losses were inexcusable.

Amnorix
01-01-2006, 10:57 PM
When your boys are good, you can beat anybody. When they're bad, they suck.

And that's the bottom line. Your *inconsistency* is what cost you a playoff berth.

gblowfish
01-01-2006, 11:04 PM
We had our chance against Buffalo...and Dallas...and the Giants...and blowing a 20 point lead to Philly...

We didn't beat anybody good on the road this year. One good road win and we're in.