PDA

View Full Version : How much current control do guys like Edwards and Fisher have?

Chiefnj
01-02-2006, 09:07 AM
The more I think about it, the more it seems like the list of potential candidates isn't quite that large.

Saunders - I'd like him to get another shot at HC, this time with the Chiefs. But, if you believe the stories, there has been some acrimony between Al and Carl over personnel the last few years. Would Saunders want to work as a HC under such a system? He might be able to get more power with a team like the Texans, plus have some nice draft picks to work with.

Fisher. Fisher is head coach and executive VP. I assume that means Fisher has semi-control over personnel issues; including then fault for their current cap problems. Would he want to coach in KC where he loses that power and has to work with a crew of talent evaluators who are questionable and who don't always work with the coaches?

Major College Coaches. It seems unlikely to me that Peterson (who is somewhat conservative) would petition Hunt to open up his wallet to lure away, or attempt to lure away, big college coaches who have everything in the world at their current positions.

That probably leaves Gregg Williams at the top of the list. Blech.