PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Staff, The Media, And Relationships...

|Zach|
01-02-2006, 02:21 PM
I am trying to understand this...

I have read countless descriptions of so and so not liking so and so. These coaches that don't get a long or wouldn't work together. These two people are not friends...

Where is this coming from? When we watch the Chiefs we can see things that happen on the field. We can analyze it and go from there. What makes people think they have a firm knowledge of something like the nature of a relationship between two coaches or a coach and a GM.

Is it from tidbits in the media? Pretty much every media outlet on CP has been gutted as not credible. But suddenly they know every little angle between the coaches behind closed doors?

Where does all of this come from and what makes you feel confident you are getting info that is right?

:hmmm:

Mr. Laz
01-02-2006, 02:38 PM
i haven't seen anyone say anything other than Saunder/Peterson.

you talking about something else?

StcChief
01-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Don't trust media in general. Their goal is to help sell papers.

|Zach|
01-02-2006, 02:39 PM
i haven't seen anyone say anything other than Saunder/Peterson.

you talking about something else?
I am hearing with Saunders and Gunther as well...I think there are some others but I cant think of them off the top of my head.

I just feel curious about all of it.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Priest & LJ
Warfield & Gun
Hicks & dick

Brock
01-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Athan was always making murky references to how Peterson and Vermeil weren't getting along and crap like that.

|Zach|
01-02-2006, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't doubt there is friction in a lot of places....but the idea that it is always a problem is false.

Anyone who has been around any kind of organized football team knows there is friction at a lot of points. There are a lot of competitive people doing a lot of things...it happens...

Its part of the business though...

Alot like how its not a bad thing when you see fights in training camp. There are guys out there working hard and competing...its good for the team within reason. You have to be worried about a training camp where no tempers flair up.

I havent see anything (that doesnt mean its not happening) that makes me think any upper level people in the Chiefs have some kind of bad fued that is anymore than something you see in the NFL...

Have you?

Mr. Laz
01-02-2006, 02:49 PM
I am hearing with Saunders and Gunther as well...I think there are some others but I cant think of them off the top of my head.

I just feel curious about all of it.

oh... don't know anything about saunders/gunther

been hearing rumors and seeing small signs of saunder/peterson for years.

dirk digler
01-02-2006, 02:53 PM
KK was just talking about this CP/Saunders today. CP doesn't really like AS because he stands up to CP

ChiefsKing
01-02-2006, 03:16 PM
KK was just talking about this CP/Saunders today. CP doesn't really like AS because he stands up to CP

That is the biggest bunch of national inquier bullshit I have ever heard. This was made up by someone who knows nothing about any of the people in question! Couldn't be further from the truth. They only disagree about philosophy, they both have a great deal of admiration for eachother. Remember Carl has hired him to work together more than once! They have been friends for a very long time.

dirk digler
01-02-2006, 03:27 PM
That is the biggest bunch of national inquier bullshit I have ever heard. This was made up by someone who knows nothing about any of the people in question! Couldn't be further from the truth. They only disagree about philosophy, they both have a great deal of admiration for eachother. Remember Carl has hired him to work together more than once! They have been friends for a very long time.

I think that it is in question when this will be the second time that AS get bypassed for the HC of the Chiefs.

OldTownChief
01-02-2006, 04:48 PM
FWIW Bill Maus on 610 sports

Bill:"Carl and Al don't get along its a well known fact because its spoken by them in football circles and they have alot of power struggles between each other and in the organization this year. Thats what the biggest problem with this team was, power struggle between everyone in the coach staff and it showed on the field. If they would have put as much energy into their gameplan and into the players as they did with each other on the staff we would have won more games. Alot of teams in the nfl would die to have the kind of offense we have, and if you can't go out and pay attention to detail and beat the buffalos theres something wrong in the mix."