PDA

View Full Version : When will the decision be made?

luv
01-02-2006, 03:43 PM
How long will it take before we hear an announcement on a new head coach? Is there a deadline we need to meet in finding one?

Bowser
01-02-2006, 03:45 PM
How long will it take before we hear an announcement on a new head coach? Is there a deadline we need to meet in finding one?

Carl said on the radio that the process will be "swift". Take that for what it's worth.

Hoover
01-02-2006, 03:45 PM
My sources say that the New HC will be announced Monday following the Wildcard Games.

Now I'm saying this MAY happen, not that its going to happen, but thats what my sources are saying.

Bwana
01-02-2006, 03:46 PM
01/13/2006 3:58 PM

luv
01-02-2006, 03:47 PM
My sources say that the New HC will be announced Monday following the Wildcard Games.

Now I'm saying this MAY happen, not that its going to happen, but thats what my sources are saying.
They don't have to wait until after the Super Bowl? I don't think a decision should be made that swiftly. Of course, he probably has tons of people doing the research and interviews for him.

StcChief
01-02-2006, 03:47 PM
It usually is fairly quick. 1-2 weeks.
Too much to do in off-season, especially if they are bringing in their own OC/DC and asst. coaches.

Hoover
01-02-2006, 03:48 PM
They don't have to wait until after the Super Bowl? I don't think a decision should be made that swiftly. Of course, he probably has tons of people doing the research and interviews for him.
We just have to wait for Gregg Williams my souces say.

luv
01-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Well, at least we won't be held in suspense for too long.

Phobia
01-02-2006, 03:52 PM

That's funny. I just typed a disclaimer very much like that. I think it's important to point out such things. Otherwise people say you're making shit up.

Nobody knows how long the process will take, luv2rite. I was standing 3 feet from Carl yesterday when we were asking him about the hiring process. He's simply not sharing a lot of information. In response to one question, he says it will be "swift". In response to the very next question he says "there is no timeline". What does all that mean? I don't know. You don't know. Who knows?

Bwana
01-02-2006, 03:54 PM
What does all that mean? I don't know. You don't know. Who knows?

Miss Cleo knows!

mlyonsd
01-02-2006, 03:56 PM
That's funny. I just typed a disclaimer very much like that. I think it's important to point out such things. Otherwise people say you're making shit up.

Nobody knows how long the process will take, luv2rite. I was standing 3 feet from Carl yesterday when we were asking him about the hiring process. He's simply not sharing a lot of information. In response to one question, he says it will be "swift". In response to the very next question he says "there is no timeline". What does all that mean? I don't know. You don't know. Who knows?

You realize you were THAT close to eliminating our real problem and you didn't take care of business? Way to go.

I hear they have NFL ticket in the pen so it's shameful you didn't do your duty.

Skip Towne
01-02-2006, 03:57 PM

You have sources? I'm gonna get some sources if you have sources.

Skip Towne
01-02-2006, 04:01 PM

You don't need no stinking disclaimers. You work for Athan. Just go ahead and make shit up.

DTLB58
01-02-2006, 04:08 PM

Way to cover yourself Phobia, I mean..... :p

DTLB58
01-02-2006, 04:10 PM

Kinda like the Al Saunders to Detroit TODAY thread????

Phobia
01-02-2006, 04:10 PM
You don't need no stinking disclaimers. You work for Athan. Just go ahead and make shit up.

I don't work "for" Athan. I work with Athan. I'm not going to defend his past mistakes but I'm happy to tell you what I do know. While everybody else was out in the parking lot having a good time yesterday (pre and postgame), Nick was in the bowels of Arrowhead chasing sources, stories, and building relationships. While I was enjoying the Chiefs domination of the Bengals from the booth, Nick was off networking with other journalists. The dude spends a lot of time trying to bring information to Chiefs fans. He might not always leave himself enough wiggle room in a story, but he doesn't manufacture shit. I can personally vouch for that and I think my credibility is strong.

Phobia
01-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Kinda like the Al Saunders to Detroit TODAY thread????

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

Hoover
01-02-2006, 04:13 PM
yeah it makes posting more fun.

Hoover
I don't work "for" Athan. I work with Athan. I'm not going to defend his past mistakes but I'm happy to tell you what I do know. While everybody else was out in the parking lot having a good time yesterday (pre and postgame), Nick was in the bowels of Arrowhead chasing sources, stories, and building relationships. While I was enjoying the Chiefs domination of the Bengals from the booth, Nick was off networking with other journalists. The dude spends a lot of time trying to bring information to Chiefs fans. He might not always leave himself enough wiggle room in a story, but he doesn't manufacture shit. I can personally vouch for that and I think my credibility is strong.
If your not the lead horse the view never changes.

Skip Towne
I don't work "for" Athan. I work with Athan. I'm not going to defend his past mistakes but I'm happy tol tell you what I do know. While everybody else was out in the parking lot having a good time yesterday (ore and postgame), Nick was in the bowels of Arrowhead chasing sources, stories, and building relationships. While I was enjoying the Chiefs domination of the Bengals from the booth, Nick was off networking with other journalists. The dude spends a lot of time trying to bring information to Chiefs fans. He might not always leave himself enough wiggle room in a story, but he doesn't manufacture shit. I can personally vouch for that and I think my credibility is strong.
Did you just make that up?

Hoover
01-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Did you just make that up?
My sources say its true.

Phobia
01-02-2006, 04:17 PM
If your not the lead horse the view never changes.

Are you suggesting something pertinent?

KC Kings
01-02-2006, 04:23 PM

What credibility? We are supposed to trust a guy that fakes a knee injury during game of 2 hand touch so he can go to BW3 and drink beer?

morphius
01-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Phil - You might want to tell Athan that it would be wise if he started to make friends with people other then Jack Harry, Whitlock and the Keitmans clan of misfits and actually talk to some people the orginization still likes to talk to :D

Hoover
01-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Are you suggesting something pertinent?
Athan is always going to be the main guy associated with Warpaint. I'm sure that you know that, but in life people are either leaders or followers, and as long as Athan is there you are his sidekick. Now I think you bring a lot of good things to the table that he needs, but it will always be to his benefit.

Phobia
01-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Athan is always going to be the main guy associated with Warpaint. I'm sure that you know that, but in life people are either leaders or followers, and as long as Athan is there you are his sidekick. Now I think you bring a lot of good things to the table that he needs, but it will always be to his benefit.

You somehow know this somehow after one month? I had been Kyle's sidekick for 5 years. What's the difference? Stay tuned. You might be surprised. I didn't ditch 5 years of relationships, good times, and sweat equity at ChiefsPlanet to be somebody's sidekick.

luv
01-02-2006, 04:36 PM
My sources say its true.
Do you have thoughts and opinions beyond that of your sources?

Hoover
01-02-2006, 05:07 PM
You somehow know this somehow after one month?

I work in politics, everyone is always out for themselves. Nobody ever gives you something for nothing.

I had been Kyle's sidekick for 5 years. What's the difference? Stay tuned. You might be surprised. I didn't ditch 5 years of relationships, good times, and sweat equity at ChiefsPlanet to be somebody's sidekick.

I hope not.

Hoover
01-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Do you have thoughts and opinions beyond that of your sources?
Sure.

I'm torn. Part of me want Saunders really bad to keep the offense, and keep rebuilding the D with little turn over.

The other part wants a Defensive HC, but to be honest, I don't think any one out there is that great. Plus what I think diesn't matter, its all up to Carl.

KChiefsQT
01-02-2006, 10:30 PM

Did you enjoy their food spread and free drinks???

Rausch
01-02-2006, 10:33 PM
ROFL

greg63
01-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Sure.

I'm torn. Part of me want Saunders really bad to keep the offense, and keep rebuilding the D with little turn over.

The other part wants a Defensive HC, but to be honest, I don't think any one out there is that great. Plus what I think diesn't matter, its all up to Carl.

...And, we all know what an idiot he is. :shake:

Phobia
01-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Did you enjoy their food spread and free drinks???

Actually, no. While I did partake of a couple diet cokes, the brunch was mostly breakfast items and I had already enjoyed some brisket I brought out in the parking lot with some friends.

They did have one of the custard places come in and serve all the media custard at halftime though.

Phobia
01-03-2006, 12:07 AM
What credibility? We are supposed to trust a guy that fakes a knee injury during game of 2 hand touch so he can go to BW3 and drink beer?

How can you not trust a guy who can fabricate a reason to drink beer under any set of circumstances?

Rausch
01-03-2006, 12:20 AM
How can you not trust a guy who can fabricate a reason to drink beer under any set of circumstances?

Good point...