PDA

View Full Version : How far do the Colts go?

jjchieffan
01-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Do they go one and out, or lose in the championship game. His team has been nothing short of spectacular this season, but that is the regular season. He never could get the Bucs there, yet Jon Gruden took his players and won a championship next year. He has proved to be another Marty Schottenheimer so far. Does he keep knocking, but never get in like Marty, or does he have too much going for him this year to screw it up?

MahiMike
01-02-2006, 05:23 PM
I've stated all season that the Colts would lose in the AFC Championship game to Denver. I'm sticking by it...

SLAG
01-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Do they go one and out, or lose in the championship game. His team has been nothing short of spectacular this season, but that is the regular season. He never could get the Bucs there, yet Jon Gruden took his players and won a championship next year. He has proved to be another Marty Schottenheimer so far. Does he keep knocking, but never get in like Marty, or does he have too much going for him this year to screw it up?

He is a Marty

and Peyton is an Marino

but Denver wont even make it to the AFC champ. Game

milkman
01-02-2006, 06:12 PM
He is a Marty

and Peyton is an Marino

I don't think Dungy's coaching ability in the playoffs has anything to do with the fact that they haven't been able to get past the Patriots in their attempt to get to the SB.

It's all about Peyton Mangina.

The Pats, with their physical play, have disrupted the Colts pass routes, and have consistently applied pressure, and hit Mangina.

After the first few hits, Mangina starts making bad decisions, and bad throws, getting rid of the ball before he has to.

He doesn't stand up in the pocket and make plays.

Punch Peyton in the mouth a couple of times, and he exposes his Mangina.

Deberg_1990
01-02-2006, 06:14 PM
I don't think Dungy's coaching ability in the playoffs has anything to do with the fact that they haven't been able to get past the Patriots in their attempt to get to the SB.

The Pats, with their physical play, have disrupted the Colts pass routes, and have consistently applied pressure, and hit Mangina.

After the first few hits, Mangina starts making bad decisions, and bad throws, getting rid of the ball before he has to.

Very much agreed. Well said.

milkman
He is a Marty

and Peyton is an Marino

Marino is a asshat as a TV analyst, but he had the toughness that Mangina lacks.

He simply didn't have anything else in Miami.

I.E., a running game and a D.

Son of Logical
I've stated all season that the Colts would lose in the AFC Championship game to Denver. I'm sticking by it...

If the Colts face Denver in the Championship Game, the Colts are going to the Superbowl. The Colts own Denver. Denver's D can't stop the Colts at home, and Denver's O can't keep pace with Indy either. In all honesty, Indy can beat every team in the AFC. There is no question about that, the two teams that i think might have a chance of beating them are Pittsburg, and Cinnci, but only one of them can face the Colts. So, if Indy gets past those teams, I think they are Superbowl bound.

Frazod
01-02-2006, 06:15 PM
I'll root for them against Denver in the AFC Championship. Not like they'll need my help to slaughter those douchebags for the third year in a row.

Beyond that, I'll root against them in the Super Bowl. Again, it won't matter, as I think they'll win easily.

SLAG
01-02-2006, 06:17 PM

Alright then

tk13
01-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Problem is, I'm not sure there's really a "Super Bowl" defense in the AFC. I'm not sure who's going to stop them. The teams that do have the best defense are probably Pittsburgh and Jacksonville, and the Colts D is good enough to shut them down. I'm not sure anybody's gonna be able to stop them from getting to Detroit.

tk13
01-02-2006, 06:24 PM
I think Denver's running game would have to have a monster day for that to happen. It's possible I guess.

I think the Colts pass rush vs. the Broncos pass offense and the Colts pass offense vs. the Broncos pass defense are just recipes for disaster... two things Denver loves to do is bootleg Jake and blitz the heck out of people and leave their corners on islands... and the Colts are built perfectly to handle both of those. If nothing else they can keep Jake in the pocket and force him to beat them with his arm, which is why they've slaughtered them the last two times they've met.

airborneric
01-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Indy will be the only team to stop Indy. If they come to play - no one will stop them. If they aren't mentally there - they will get beat.

cdcox
01-02-2006, 06:27 PM
I think the only game they have to worry about is the first one. If they can come out of thier funk in the first playoff game, they'll cruise.

jjchieffan
01-03-2006, 01:18 AM
If the Colts face Denver in the Championship Game, the Colts are going to the Superbowl. The Colts own Denver. Denver's D can't stop the Colts at home, and Denver's O can't keep pace with Indy either. In all honesty, Indy can beat every team in the AFC. There is no question about that, the two teams that i think might have a chance of beating them are Pittsburg, and Cinnci, but only one of them can face the Colts. So, if Indy gets past those teams, I think they are Superbowl bound.

Cinnci? Are you serious? did
you even watch last weeks game? The Chiefs carved up that D, and so would Indy. I agree with Pitt, but I think New England may just do it again. I figure that Pitt will beat Cincy and advance to Indy, I doubt they win, but I bet NE beats Denver (again), setting up Championship game of NE at Indy, they upset the Colts, and advance to a 4th superbowl

Halfcan
01-03-2006, 01:33 AM
I have to go with Bears and Patriots in the SB. Pats win again. Perfect fuggers.

Simplex3
01-03-2006, 01:48 AM
The Pats? They've been beating up the AFC lEast. I mean come on, they have 4 built in wins with Buffalo and the Jets. Christ, they went 7-5 in the AFC this year, that would be 2-4 outside of their weak ass division for those of you with math problems.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2006, 01:58 AM
My pick is Colts and Bears.