PDA

View Full Version : Heroic cat saves owner by dialing 911

Rain Man
01-03-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm confident that my cats would do exactly the same thing if I was in this situation.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10663270/

‘Hero’ cat apparently dials 911 to help owner
Responding to emergency call, police officer finds feline next to phone

Updated: 10:20 a.m. ET Jan. 2, 2006
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police aren't sure how else to explain it. But when an officer walked into an apartment Thursday night to answer a 911 call, an orange-and-tan striped cat was lying by a telephone on the living room floor. The cat's owner, Gary Rosheisen, was on the ground near his bed having fallen out of his wheelchair.

Rosheisen said his cat, Tommy, must have hit the right buttons to call 911.

"I know it sounds kind of weird," Officer Patrick Daugherty said, unsuccessfully searching for some other explanation.

Rosheisen said he couldn't get up because of pain from osteoporosis and ministrokes that disrupt his balance. He also wasn't wearing his medical-alert necklace and couldn't reach a cord above his pillow that alerts paramedics that he needs help.

Daugherty said police received a 911 call from Rosheisen's apartment, but there was no one on the phone. Police called back to make sure everything was OK, and when no one answered, they decided to check things out.

That's when Daugherty found Tommy next to the phone.

Rosheisen got the cat three years ago to help lower his blood pressure. He tried to train him to call 911, unsure if the training ever stuck.

The phone in the living room is always on the floor, and there are 12 small buttons — including a speed dial for 911 right above the button for the speaker phone.

"He's my hero," Rosheisen said.

chagrin
01-03-2006, 11:42 AM
"He also wasn't wearing his medical-alert necklace."

F*ckin Simpson

|Zach|
01-03-2006, 11:43 AM
There is no doubt in my mind Rain Man's cats would pick up the phone and order pizza.

Dartgod
01-03-2006, 11:43 AM
I bet you'd never get a chihuahua to do that.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Super Puss

JBucc
01-03-2006, 11:45 AM
There is no doubt in my mind Rain Man's cats would pick up the phone and order pizza.That way the pizza guy could call 911, while the cat chows down on anchovi pizza
:hmmm:

gblowfish
01-03-2006, 11:46 AM
"The cat repeatedly tried to get the prone man to lap up a bowl of anti-freeze while searching for the key to his safe deposit box..."

heh heh...

Just kidding.

What a good kitty. See...they'd do more for us if they just had thumbs.

Rain Man
01-03-2006, 11:49 AM
There is no doubt in my mind Rain Man's cats would pick up the phone and order pizza.

I just made out my will last month, and I included in it a trust fund for the pets if my wife and I both buy the farm at the same time. I'm debating whether to tell them or not, because it would be more money than they've ever seen.

Skip Towne
01-03-2006, 11:51 AM
I can tell by his recently started threads that Rainman has received his new National Inquirer.

chagrin
01-03-2006, 11:53 AM
I can tell by his recently started threads that Rainman has received his new National Inquirer.

And his outsourced team of Bangalorans are giving him his money's worth!

|Zach|
01-03-2006, 11:53 AM
I just made out my will last month, and I included in it a trust fund for the pets if my wife and I both buy the farm at the same time. I'm debating whether to tell them or not, because it would be more money than they've ever seen.
Tell them you are in the process of making your will but that things will not be spread evenly. Then make a catolympics to fight for the biggest share of the moolah.

Rain Man
01-03-2006, 12:30 PM

The Weekly World News is where it's at. I'd love to be a writer for the Weekly World News.

Rain Man
01-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Tell them you are in the process of making your will but that things will not be spread evenly. Then make a catolympics to fight for the biggest share of the moolah.

They just asked me to start calling them Lyle and Eric. I think they know.