PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Phonics?

Lzen
01-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Ok, I know this has been mentioned a few times, but I've only caught bits and pieces. My understanding is that he's helping Athan get a pay forum up and going. Is that correct? Is he still owner of this site? I read somewhere that the "Phobia loyalists" might follow him over there. What is that all about? Is Phil done with CP? And if so, who's running the show?

milkman
01-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Phobia left, and Chaos reigns!

Or AustinChief, with the help of guys and gals like Parker, Bob Dole, Jaz Lover.

If that ain't chaos, I sure as hell don't know what is!

Mr. Laz
Ok, I know this has been mentioned a few times, but I've only caught bits and pieces. My understanding is that he's helping Athan get a pay forum up and going. Is that correct? Is he still owner of this site? I read somewhere that the "Phobia loyalists" might follow him over there. What is that all about? Is Phil done with CP? And if so, who's running the show?
he's done with CP from what he said

it's all kyle now

i think he's employed at WPI ... not part owner like he was here.

i guess phil wanted to expand/improve CP and kyle wasn't interested

just from what i could tell

Bob Dole

Bob Dole is the new King Shit of **** Mountain and goatees and Van Dykes are now a bannable offense. Premium Memberships may be purchased with pie.

That's all you need to know.

Hoover
01-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Phobia went to Warpaint in order to get a Press Pass, but he still posts over here.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Warpaint Illustrated is part of a larger network of pro and college fan magazines and sites. Athan lured Phil over to their existing site to try and build it into a respectable site/BB. Only a portion of it is a pay site.

Phil is no longer affiliated with Chiefsplanet, other than an occasional post.

I don't think many loyalists will follow him there because the site and message board suck.

FringeNC
01-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Phobia went to Warpaint in order to get a Press Pass, but he still posts over here.

It would be pretty ****ing cool to have a press pass.

morphius
01-03-2006, 03:39 PM
I don't believe that he is helping Athan as much as has been said here, more of a helping himself. Which is in no way bad, but there are things I think he wants to be able to do, and didn't feel like it was ever going to happen here.

htismaqe
01-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Make no mistake about it...

I AM RUNNING THE SHOW.

BigRedChief
01-03-2006, 03:40 PM

I AM RUNNING THE SHOW.

If so take the frigging extra g out of my user name boss.:cuss:

jspchief
01-03-2006, 03:41 PM
I don't believe that he is helping Athan as much as has been said here, more of a helping himself. Which is in no way bad, but there are things I think he wants to be able to do, and didn't feel like it was ever going to happen here.I agree. It was a business decision.

This site is treading water at best, and on the verge of sinking.

Warpaint may provide the resources to build something much better. And it probably pays better.

Phobia
01-03-2006, 03:41 PM
I don't have any responsibility to ChiefsPlanet any longer. I operate the boards at Warpaint. Nick operates the magazine. I don't work for Nick. One might call it a partnership.

Warpaint is NOT a pay site. There is an optional premium board that is paid. Most of our information is posted in our Arrowhead Club forum, though. Plus there are writers on staff who give exclusive content. It's growing and getting better.

Rausch
01-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Bob Dole is the new King Shit of **** Mountain and goatees and Van Dykes are now a bannable offense. Premium Memberships may be purchased with pie.

That's all you need to know.

How about handlebar mustaches?

Mr. Laz
01-03-2006, 03:43 PM

I AM RUNNING THE SHOW.

http://img443.exs.cx/img443/7785/twofinger8yb.gif http://img443.exs.cx/img443/7394/spthud2lp.gif

jspchief
Spam!

It's like Candyman. Invoke his name three times and he appears. Creepy.

Sorry I missed you Sunday. Was there a decent crowd?

Mr. Kotter

I AM RUNNING THE SHOW.

God help us. You or Dole? That's like a choice between Gun and GRob for Head Coach. ;)

Donger
01-03-2006, 03:44 PM
I operated the boards at Warpaint.

Past tense?

htismaqe
Phil decided he wanted to be more than a BB junkie.

I admire him...I wish I could parlay the hours that I waste analyzing football on this board into an actual job...

As for this site, it is most certainly NOT treading water. It's alive and well.

Rausch
I don't have any responsibility to ChiefsPlanet any longer. I operated the boards at Warpaint. Nick operates the magazine. I don't work for Nick. One might call it a partnership.

Warpaint is NOT a pay site. There is an optional premium board that is paid. Most of our information is posted in our Arrowhead Club forum, though. Plus there are writers on staff who give exclusive content. It's growing and getting better.

I didn't notice any resident ****heads over there.

I work cheap...

Phobia
01-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Spam!

It's like Candyman. Invoke his name three times and he appears. Creepy.

Sorry I missed you Sunday. Was there a decent crowd?

I hung around on the hill until 9:00 Sunday and nobody showed so I drove down and hung out with some other friends in A, B, and C.

tk13
Athan is Robin Hood, Phob is Friar Tuck.

Hammock Parties

I AM RUNNING THE SHOW.

http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~madison/worst/sf/lawnmower/lawnmower.jpg

JBucc
It's growing and getting better.So you have 3 posters now?

htismaqe
If so take the frigging extra g out of my user name boss.:cuss:

Taken care of.

tk13
01-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Phob is Batman, Athan is Robin.

(Cue Taco's Batman/Phob photoshop)

Phobia
01-03-2006, 03:46 PM
So you have 3 posters now?

We have at least that many.

siberian khatru
01-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Athan is Robin Hood, Phob is Friar Tuck.

http://firsttrees.homeip.net/thatsallfolks.jpg

jspchief
I hung around on the hill until 9:00 Sunday and nobody showed so I drove down and hung out with some other friends in A, B, and C.I should have let you know earlier that I wasn't coming. It was a bit of a last minute decision. I hope you didn't spend that time waiting for me.

Brock
They have some Hardcore Fans over there.

Phobia
Past tense?

Nah - fat fingers.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 03:48 PM
He's a big pussy and refused to meet me when he came out to Arizona.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 03:48 PM
As for this site, it is most certainly NOT treading water. It's alive and well.As evidenced by the problems today...

I think relatively speaking, it is treading water. Maybe I'll see changes in the future to change my mind.

Phobia
01-03-2006, 03:49 PM
I should have let you know earlier that I wasn't coming. It was a bit of a last minute decision. I hope you didn't spend that time waiting for me.

Nah - I spoke to you early so it wasn't a big issue. I was more worried about OTC because he was supposed to swing by.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Athan is Bobbin Knob, Phob is Triar F*ck.

That wasn't nice.

Quick edit though, dude. ;)

BigRedChief
01-03-2006, 03:50 PM
I hung around on the hill until 9:00 Sunday and nobody showed so I drove down and hung out with some other friends in A, B, and C.I had about 50-60 people stop by or stay and tailgate at the one I had down by the tee-pee- gang. Including these dudes below. BTW jspchief, Chieffolife sent some jaggermister to the tailgate as a peace offering for dissing a previous tailgate. It was much appreciated by the tailgaters. :)
Left to Right:
Stevie Ray, DartGod, Phobia, KCDan and BigRedChief
http://eteamz.active.com/lscardinals/files/CPdudes.jpg (http://eteamz.active.com/lscardinals/files/CPdudes.jpg)

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 03:51 PM
He's a big pussy and refused to meet me when he came out to Arizona.

I don't blame him. Anyone who can drink Brian under the table is to be feared....

Hammock Parties
I'm growing a little annoyed at the disrespect Phobia has been getting since the transition.

I've been visting WPI more and more with each passing week for news that I haven't seen here on CP.

morphius
Phob - Are you going to clean up the look of the forum a bit? I was hanging out there a bit today when I couldn't get on here and was having a hell of a time looking at it, actually kind of hurt my eyes.

Maybe I just need to look at it more, but it was a bit brutal.

Bob Dole
There is an optional premium board that is paid.

But do you accept payment in pie? Hmmmm???

Nope. Bob Dole didn't think so.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm growing a little annoyed at the disrespect Phobia has been getting since the transition.

I've been visting WPI more and more with each passing week for news that I haven't seen here on CP.I think you should post an "I'm leaving" thread.

Rausch
01-03-2006, 03:52 PM
I don't blame him. Anyone who can drink Brian under the table is to be feared....

PH3AR MI!1!

siberian khatru
01-03-2006, 03:53 PM

I've been visting WPI more and more with each passing week for news that I haven't seen here on CP.

I visit WPI for Chiefs news and the Planet for poop threads.

Donger

Ah. gochiefs/Phobia = Luke/Platypus.

Hammock Parties
I think you should post an "I'm leaving" thread.

This place still has the market cornered on dumbassery.

Plus, I bring exclusive, high-quality content to Chiefsplanet Premium Members. :D

tk13
01-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Athan is Heath Ledger, Phob is Jake Gyllenhall. Together, they are Brokeback Mountain.

Bob Dole
01-03-2006, 03:54 PM
How about handlebar mustaches?

Those are allowed.

BigRedChief
01-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Taken care of.
:cuss:

Hammock Parties
01-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Ah. gochiefs/Phobia = Luke/Platypus.

Platypus? What?

Donger
01-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Platypus? What?

You know, the unpleasant Emperor guy.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 03:56 PM
But do you accept payment in pie? Hmmmm???

Nope. Bob Dole didn't think so.

Hell, Parker says you made chiefs4me a premium member in exchange for "pie" at the Texans game...

Donger
01-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Hell, Parker says you made chiefs4me a premium member in exchange for "pie" at the Texans game...

Thanks for the verp.

Matt Helm
Phobia's goal is to get a job with the Chiefs. It won't happen, but that is his goal. His 5 minutes of fame so to speak.

The other board has few members and might grow some, but this board will survive.

The issues you all seem to be having with the server must be your systems interface. I've been on all day with no delays or hangups.

Hammock Parties
You know, the unpleasant Emperor guy.

You don't know the power of the darkside. I must obey my master.

Mr. Kotter
Mer? Drink me under the table? Bahahahahahahaaha!

I meant, Mer drinks under your table. Sorry.

Katipan
Mer? Drink me under the table? Bahahahahahahaaha!

what the **** are you doing down there then?

Mile High Mania
01-03-2006, 03:58 PM

ROFL It would require 12 hours of intensive surgery to have you removed from Phobia's buttocks. You'll be a permanent fixture at WI and a distant memory here soon enough.

Bill Lundberg
01-03-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't know what is going on over at WPI but I haven't been able to get on the forums all day.

Mile High Mania
01-03-2006, 04:00 PM
This place still has the market cornered on dumbassery.

Your 25k+ posts and half a dozen IDs have gone a long way to cement that notion...

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the verp.

VERP
Variable Envelope Return Path

:spock:

:hmmm:

Rausch
01-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Rumpleminze.

Pussy.

Yeah, I puked and passed out.

But I did it once, not three times...

Guess that makes you the speed-drinker and me the cross-country drinker...

Hammock Parties
ROFL It would require 12 hours of intensive surgery to have you removed from Phobia's buttocks. You'll be a permanent fixture at WI and a distant memory here soon enough.

You're greatly mistaken.

Chan93lx50

You not kidding, why disrespect a guy who is trying to better himself?

Bob Dole
I don't know what is going on over at WPI but I haven't been able to get on the forums all day.

Their server sucks and nobody will do anything to fix it.

When it comes back up, you should probably post a thread about it.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Your 25k+ posts and half a dozen IDs have gone a long way to cement that notion...

Thankyou.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Phobia's goal is to get a job with the Chiefs. It won't happen, but that is his goal. His 5 minutes of fame so to speak.

The other board has few members and might grow some, but this board will survive.

The issues you all seem to be having with the server must be your systems interface. I've been on all day with no delays or hangups.

Tom....get over it all ready, dude.

And this board has been on the fritz much of the day...

Katipan
01-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Apparently nothing right if you have to ask.

I just wish I didn't have to drug you. The Roofies are getting expensive.

BigRedChief
01-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Their server sucks and nobody will do anything to fix it.

When it comes back up, you should probably post a thread about it.

First the keep Turner bandwagon and now this. You are on a roll today.

Jim Carey has nothing on you. Funny chit man ROFL

Bob Dole
01-03-2006, 04:24 PM

Only because Bob Dole keeps getting disrespected and taking it out on all of you.

Bob Dole
01-03-2006, 04:25 PM
You not kidding, why disrespect a guy who is trying to better himself?

Because he has a giant, misshapen noggin?

Bob Dole doesn't need much of a reason.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 04:33 PM
You could try just saying "please".

That's way too much talking.

Pitt Gorilla
01-03-2006, 04:37 PM
I agree. It was a business decision.

This site is treading water at best, and on the verge of sinking.

Warpaint may provide the resources to build something much better. And it probably pays better.On the verge of sinking? It's better than just about every other sports site that I have visited. I guess I don't understand.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 04:40 PM
On the verge of sinking? It's better than just about every other sports site that I have visited. I guess I don't understand.I'm not talking about participation. I'm talking about the server problems that have been ignored for at least 2 years.

tk13
01-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Eh, as I've said before, this place isn't perfect and I think people have legitimate complaints, but Taco John is a very active owner and his place still crashes every time they choke away a game. That's not meant as a shot but more of an indication of how it's not easy to run an independent site. I don't blame Phob for going to a bigger more stable network, but at the same time, Athan just sees us all as a bunch of dollar signs.

siberian khatru
01-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Taco John is a very active owner and his place still crashes every time they choke away a game. That's not meant as a shot

ROFL

Oh, of course not.

http://www.pennyparker2.com/anangel3.gif

"Who, me?"

Baby Lee
01-03-2006, 04:46 PM
VERP
Variable Envelope Return Path

:spock:

:hmmm:
Verp --> Vurp --> Burp with vomit.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 04:48 PM
but at the same time, Athan just sees us all as a bunch of dollar signs.No question. Athan is a scumbag and a hack IMO, and I have no desire to ever support anything he has an interest in.

But that won't keep me from pointing out the problems this place has. I'd be more willing to give Austinchief a pass if there hadn't been numerous comments about his unwillingness to address the problems. Somehow I doubt Taco is the absentee admin that we have here.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Athan is a scumbag and a hack .

You're ignorant.

Bob Dole
01-03-2006, 04:52 PM
I'm not talking about participation. I'm talking about the server problems that have been ignored for at least 2 years.

What server problems?

Laz has brainwashed you. There aren't any server problems.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 04:54 PM
You're ignorant.Really? I've been reading his 3rd grade level articles for years, and I've seen his numerous bullshit "scoops" in an attempt to generate interest. As a journalist, he's a hack. And the lies he publishes as breaking Chiefs news makes him a scumbag. He either has no professional integrity, or he's a fool. Either way I have no desire to support his efforts in any way.

He may be trying to clean up his act, but for now he's nothing more to me than what he has presented himself as over the past few years.

dirk digler
01-03-2006, 04:57 PM
He may be trying to clean up his act, but for now he's nothing more to me than what he has presented himself as over the past few years.

Yep that is how I feel as well. Phil is posting some good info but I don't trust Athan at all. So far he has been wrong about everything....again.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2006, 04:59 PM
So far he has been wrong about everything....again.

Not true.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Really? I've been reading his 3rd grade level articles for years, and I've seen his numerous bullshit "scoops" in an attempt to generate interest. As a journalist, he's a hack. And the lies he publishes as breaking Chiefs news makes him a scumbag. He either has no professional integrity, or he's a fool. Either way I have no desire to support his efforts in any way.

I think you are mistaken, I struggle with some of his articles....and I graduated 6th grade I'll have you know. :harumph:

:p

In fairness, he does seem to be trying harder. I think he is trying to make a buck, and trying to scoop Chief's stories. I don't see either of those as bad things. If and when they get a better quality product over there, people won't care about Athan's "past"--all they care about is the here and now, and what the site can provide....IMHO.

Phobia
01-03-2006, 05:28 PM
If Nick were a fool and a liar, he'd have run with the Herm Edwards story at 2:00 today. But he's still waiting on more confirmation.

Has Nick been wrong? Yeah. Has he been wrong frequently? I don't know. I didn't really follow it much until this past year. I know he's doing a pretty good job of getting confirmation before attempting scoops now.

the Talking Can
01-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Do we always need a thread on the front page pimping WI?

Bully for them, their sources are unpeachable and their grammar is inpressive. We all know that Saunders is now, as reported, the head coach of Detroit.

And Nick Athan finally earned his GED.

Matt Helm
01-03-2006, 05:33 PM

Get over what? That I've ID'd his lifetime goal?

Baby Lee
01-03-2006, 05:36 PM
their grammar is inpressive
TC=TK??

I love this place. ROFL ROFL

Phobia
For the record, I don't want to seem like I have to defend Nick every time somebody says something about him. Quite frankly I don't really care if you like him or not. But having spent some time with him lately, I can personally verify that he does have sources and he does follow up his stories. Some of the leads are bogus and some of the deals fall through. That happens to people paid big bucks to sit in a chair for espn every day. Nick isn't making a living at this and neither am I. We're doing it because it's a helluva lot of fun to know what happens in the NFL and then report it to the fans.

OldTownChief
Nah - I spoke to you early so it wasn't a big issue. I was more worried about OTC because he was supposed to swing by.

Sorry bout that. We didn't get there untill 10:30. Couldn't find your truck so we walked around the lots for a while and went on in.

Phobia
01-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Do we always need a thread on the front page pimping WI?

Bully for them, their sources are unpeachable and their grammar is inpressive. We all know that Saunders is now, as reported, the head coach of Detroit.

And Nick Athan finally earned his GED.

Personally, I think it should be stickied.

the Talking Can
01-03-2006, 05:39 PM
ROFL

I like having you around, Phobia. But surely you can understand why I'd rather not have people obsessing about our "competitor."

Plus, Nick Athan is a retard.

the Talking Can
01-03-2006, 05:40 PM
TC=TK??

I love this place. ROFL ROFL

you didn't like "unpeachable"?

Phobia
01-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Sorry bout that. We didn't get there untill 10:30. Couldn't find your truck so we walked around the lots for a while and went on in.

Oh good. I'm glad I didn't hang around waiting. We need to exchange numbers.

Matt Helm
01-03-2006, 05:41 PM

So do I, right up your butt jobu!

the Talking Can
01-03-2006, 05:41 PM
For the record, I don't want to seem like I have to defend Nick every time somebody says something about him. Quite frankly I don't really care if you like him or not. But having spent some time with him lately, I can personally verify that he does have sources and he does follow up his stories. Some of the leads are bogus and some of the deals fall through. That happens to people paid big bucks to sit in a chair for espn every day. Nick isn't making a living at this and neither am I. We're doing it because it's a helluva lot of fun to know what happens in the NFL and then report it to the fans.

it would be simpler for everone if you just let it go...we're going to make fun of him, period...

OldTownChief
01-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Oh good. I'm glad I didn't hang around waiting. We need to exchange numbers.

Thats exactly what I told Charli when we got there. Would have been good to see you again.

Phobia
01-03-2006, 05:45 PM
ROFL

I like having you around, Phobia. But surely you can understand why I'd rather not have people obsessing about our "competitor."

Plus, Nick Athan is a retard.

It's all cool with me. I want all Chiefs fans to be happy wherever they choose to chat about their team whether that's here, WI, or elsewhere. That's always been my mantra.

I'm not going to change many opinions on Nick and I'm fine with that. But I will tell the truth about him.

Phobia
01-03-2006, 05:47 PM
So do I, right up your butt jobu!

Outstanding wit, Tom. You're getting funnier. "Up your butt".... I sure wish I had thought of that one. I plan to write it down for future reference. Do you mind?

Katipan
01-03-2006, 05:48 PM
It's all cool with me. I want all Chiefs fans to be happy wherever they choose to chat about their team whether that's here, WI, or elsewhere. That's always been my mantra.

I'm not going to change many opinions on Nick and I'm fine with that. But I will tell the truth about him.

Does he wear boxers or briefs?

Phobia
01-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Does he wear boxers or briefs?

You want his number to answer that question for yourself?

Katipan
01-03-2006, 06:11 PM
You want his number to answer that question for yourself?

How much does that exclusive cost?

Bowser
01-03-2006, 06:26 PM
r8r h8r = chiefs4me

Bowser
01-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Why you trying to draw her into this thread? You lonely?

I'm trying to make a love connection so they can both go the hell away.

Valiant
01-03-2006, 06:48 PM
I had about 50-60 people stop by or stay and tailgate at the one I had down by the tee-pee- gang. Including these dudes below. BTW jspchief, Chieffolife sent some jaggermister to the tailgate as a peace offering for dissing a previous tailgate. It was much appreciated by the tailgaters. :)
Left to Right:
Stevie Ray, DartGod, Phobia, KCDan and BigRedChief
http://eteamz.active.com/lscardinals/files/CPdudes.jpg (http://eteamz.active.com/lscardinals/files/CPdudes.jpg)

Dang phobes you look like you put on some pounds since you left...

BigRedChief
01-03-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm trying to make a love connection so they can both go the hell away.

Why in the hell didn't you stop by the tailgate and get your cooler? Is this finders/keepers?:)

Bowser
01-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Why in the hell didn't you stop by the tailgate and get your cooler? Is this finders/keepers?:)

We got a late start, and I pretty much forgot all about it. That cooler has sentimental value, and for a mere $499, it's all yours. :)

PM coming up....

Phobia
01-03-2006, 06:55 PM
How much does that exclusive cost?
To see my choice of boxers or briefs it is free.

I can't comment on Nick's price. I'm guessing it would cost half of everything he owns plus alimony.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 06:56 PM
To see my choice of boxers or briefs it is free.

I can't comment on Nick's price. I'm guessing it would cost half of everything he owns plus alimony.

ROFL

SO worth it.

Phobia
01-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Dang phobes you look like you put on some pounds since you left...

Thank you. That particular camera adds 20 lbs. I was looking much more svelte in person that day.

Taco John
01-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Phob is Batman, Athan is Robin.

(Cue Taco's Batman/Phob photoshop)

"I'm Biatchman."

Hammock Parties
01-03-2006, 07:28 PM
"I'm Biatchman."

Holy shit. ROFL

Bowser
01-03-2006, 07:28 PM
"I'm Biatchman."