PDA

View Full Version : If Carl hires Herm Edwards tomorrow would the NFL have a problem?

dtebbe
01-03-2006, 07:04 PM
I mean he's only interviewed two white coaches right?

Just curious if that rule goes both ways? (yea right)

DT

nychief
01-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Herm is black, idiot.

nascher
01-03-2006, 07:23 PM
lol you have never watched an NFL game :)

milkman
01-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Herm is black, idiot.

I'm assuming, when he asks the question "Does that rule go both ways", he was being sarcastic, implying that he knows that Hermie is black, idiot.

ChiefsfaninPA
01-03-2006, 07:27 PM
I believe the rule only implies you interview at least one or two BLACK coach candidates. It doesn't say anything about how many WHITES you have to interview. As a black man I think it is utterly assinine that you have to interview any number of colored or non-colored candidates. You should interview the best choice.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 07:36 PM
As a black man I think it is utterly assinine that you have to interview any number of colored or non-colored candidates. You should interview the best choice.I agree. Forced diversity isn't diversity. It's just a charade.

All the NFL is doing is emphasizing the colors lines that they claim to want to blur.

bkkcoh
01-03-2006, 07:37 PM
I believe the rule only implies you interview at least one or two BLACK coach candidates. It doesn't say anything about how many WHITES you have to interview. As a black man I think it is utterly assinine that you have to interview any number of colored or non-colored candidates. You should interview the best choice.

Amen to that. :clap:

unlurking
01-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Can you substitue a Native American for a black coach, or is there an upcharge?

dtebbe
01-03-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm assuming, when he asks the question "Does that rule go both ways", he was being sarcastic, implying that he knows that Hermie is black, idiot.

Exactly, you would have to be a retard to think someone with 2000+ posts on a football board did not know Herm Edwards was black, or shall we say of more skin pigment?

I'm just saying we would be doing almost the same thing the Lions did when they hired Mooch, but with the shoes on different feet, shall we say...

DT

Psyko Tek
01-03-2006, 09:37 PM
let's break some new ground...
we can get the league's first Hispanic Coach

anybody knows any Hispanics in football besides Tony??? :fire:

JBucc
01-03-2006, 09:38 PM

That guy that used to work for USC but now is in Tenn, isn't he hispanic? Or some other flavor

stevieray
01-03-2006, 09:40 PM

I read recently in ESPN the mag where Derrick Brooks said that you limit Dungy's achievements by putting the AA 'tag" by his accomplishments.

Character has no color.
Integrity has no color.

He's just a great leader of men. nuff said.

dtebbe
01-03-2006, 09:48 PM
I read recently in ESPN the mag where Derrick Brooks said that you limit Dungy's achievements by putting the AA 'tag" by his accomplishments.

Character has no color.
Integrity has no color.

He's just a great leader of men. nuff said.

true, but if Bill Belicheck was fired tomorrow and then immediately hired tomrrow by say, the Saints, the NFL would fine the Saints because they didn't interview someone black. It's totally stupid.

DT

dtebbe
01-03-2006, 09:50 PM

The next thing you know snot knockers will be called taco benders! Where is this all gonna end up :shrug:

DT

jspchief
01-03-2006, 09:54 PM

anybody knows any Hispanics in football besides Tony??? :fire:Ron Rivera, DC for the Bears.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 09:55 PM
That guy that used to work for USC but now is in Tenn, isn't he hispanic? Or some other flavorNorm Chow. And while I'm pretty sure Chow is a minority, I don't think he's hispanic.

stevieray
01-03-2006, 09:56 PM

Ronnie Cruz?

joesomebody
01-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Let's get a samoan! I can think of a good one!

http://tinyurl.com/7hs4b

Rausch
01-03-2006, 11:33 PM
I agree. Forced diversity isn't diversity. It's just a charade.

All the NFL is doing is emphasizing the colors lines that they claim to want to blur.

Perhaps we could trade our 1st round pick to Jesse Jackson to make Al Saunders black...

Crush
01-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Let's get a samoan! I can think of a good one!

Let's get Neil Smith as DC while we're at it.