PDA

View Full Version : When Herm is announced as coach...

CanadaKC
01-03-2006, 08:40 PM
I'll be eleated. :clap: He's by far the best candidate...he's taken the team to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years...he's a Vermeil type in such he develops charactor as well as utilizes the best of his talent. He has NFL experience in the worlds's most difficualt market and has handled it with class. But he's also tough. He's the perfect fit. I can't wait for the press conference.

Sybil
01-03-2006, 08:41 PM
I'll be eleated. :clap: He's by far the best candidate...he's taken the team to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years...he's a Vermeil type in such he develops charactor as well as utilizes the best of his talent. He has NFL experience in the worlds's most difficualt market and has handled it with class. But he's also tough. He's the perfect fit. I can't wait for the press conference.

If it's not going to be Saunders, I agree. He'd be a great choice. I'm less optimistic about his availability than you seem to be though.

Adept Havelock
01-03-2006, 08:43 PM
The wailing and gnashing of teeth will begin.

For those without, teeth will be provided.

I wish I could see Herm or AS as anything but the lesser of multiple evils. Hopefully, one of them will prove me wrong.

CanadaKC
01-03-2006, 08:45 PM
The thing is....does Herm want to stay with a team that's obviously in rebuiding mode...and does ownership give him the huge bucks for an extension when he's already underpaid? Lamar will throw huge buck$ at Herm...and he comes to a place where football is church and where Vermeil has l3eft the franchise is great shape. A no-brainer if you think about it. The only crutch is the compensation.

ChiefsCountry
Out of the candiates being discussed, Herm Edwards is probally the best choice after Al Saunders.

Deberg_1990
After thinking about it alot, i think hed be a great fit here in KC. Basically hes the 2nd coming of Tony Dungy. Dungy came close with Tampa but could never get them over the top, just like Herm in NY. If he could just come into KC and not play around with the offense too much, give the defense some more attitude and discipline, we could have one hell of a team for the next couple of years.

Rain Man
01-03-2006, 08:47 PM
I've got nothing at all against Herm and think he would be a fine choice. However, is it better to give up a high draft choice to get him as opposed to any of several other fine choices? I think not.

Sybil
01-03-2006, 08:47 PM
... to a place where football is church ...

If football is church in KC that explains why I feel like Job.

Logical
01-03-2006, 08:51 PM
I really don't care that much as long as we don't give up draft picks in the process of getting him.

Logical
01-03-2006, 08:52 PM
After thinking about it alot, i think hed be a great fit here in KC. Basically hes the 2nd coming of Tony Dungy. Dungy came close with Tampa but could never get them over the top, just like Herm in NY. If he could just come into KC and not play around with the offense too much, give the defense some more attitude and discipline, we could have one hell of a team for the next couple of years.You might want to wait for Dungy to make the Super Bowl before you have us emulating him.

ChiefsfaninPA
01-03-2006, 08:53 PM
I've got nothing at all against Herm and think he would be a fine choice. However, is it better to give up a high draft choice to get him as opposed to any of several other fine choices? I think not.

I don't mind Herm, but under no circumstance should we give up good picks, shit we need them. We better get Herm, Law and Vilma if we have to give up picks.

KChiefs1
01-03-2006, 08:53 PM
If the Chiefs have to give up draft choices for Herm....forgetaboutit!

Halfcan
01-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Herm and Big John A. who is likely to leave if herm does.

Logical
01-03-2006, 08:55 PM
The thing is....does Herm want to stay with a team that's obviously in rebuiding mode...and does ownership give him the huge bucks for an extension when he's already underpaid? Lamar will throw huge buck$ at Herm...and he comes to a place where football is church and where Vermeil has l3eft the franchise is great shape. A no-brainer if you think about it. The only crutch is the compensation.Uh seriously which team are you following, the Chiefs have at least 5 major defensive holes and will have at least 3 if not more on offense over the next two years. This is not the plum job some make it out as being.

tommykat
01-03-2006, 08:55 PM
I really don't care that much as long as we don't give up draft picks in the process of getting him.

You want Herm or Fisher?? I like both.....up in the air for me.

Imon Yourside
01-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Herm=Carl's good ole boy network. Just Say NO! The comparisons to Dungy are so laughable. We don't seem to have Manning anywhere in our midst.

Deberg_1990
01-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Uh seriously which team are you following, the Chiefs have at least 5 major defensive holes and will have at least 3 if not more on offense over the next two years. This is not the plum job some make it out as being.

Exactly, I hope if he gets hired he sits down watches film of the past 4 seasons and immidiatly shows Sims, Hicks, Browning, Dalton, Wesley, Bartee, and Woods the door.

jAZ
01-03-2006, 09:00 PM
I'd give up a #1 for Jeff Fisher. If that's not an option, I'd give up a late day 1 (or lower) pick for Edwards.

kregger
01-03-2006, 09:04 PM
just a note from ESPNhttp://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=wojnarowski_adrian&id=2278971
Seems to make sense to me. Compensation is gonna suck though.

Rain Man
01-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Uh seriously which team are you following, the Chiefs have at least 5 major defensive holes and will have at least 3 if not more on offense over the next two years. This is not the plum job some make it out as being.

Do you think the Jets are better?

Among the jobs that are open, we've got the Chiefs, Vikings, Packers, Lions, Saints, Rams, Texans, and probably the Raiders. I think the Chiefs have a lot more to work with than any of those other teams except maybe the Vikings and the Rams.

dtebbe
01-03-2006, 09:07 PM
FatLockTard would not stand a chance with Herm.

DT

Rain Man
01-03-2006, 09:07 PM
I'd give up a #1 for Jeff Fisher. If that's not an option, I'd give up a late day 1 (or lower) pick for Edwards.

I just used my stapler to jam a staple through my thumbnail to distract myself from the pain of even thinking about giving up a #1 for a coach. Please don't make me do it again.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2006, 09:15 PM
FatLockTard would not stand a chance with Herm.

DT

Whitlock is going to ride Germ Edwards like a two dollar whore. It's going to be hilarious.

chrisdel
01-03-2006, 09:18 PM
The only problem I have with Edwards is that, if I remember right, him and his coaching staff a lot of problems with clock and game management last season, particularly with time outs. Worse than Vermeil, even. Of course, last season Paul Hackett was their OC...

Coaches should play Madden in the offseason as practice for clock management. It would help, really.

Eleazar
01-03-2006, 09:20 PM
:Lin:

Logical
01-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Do you think the Jets are better?

Among the jobs that are open, we've got the Chiefs, Vikings, Packers, Lions, Saints, Rams, Texans, and probably the Raiders. I think the Chiefs have a lot more to work with than any of those other teams except maybe the Vikings and the Rams.No, just not worse. Their defense is quite good and young I might add, but they have big problems at RB, QB and along the o-line. It is just choosing one rebuilding job over the other one.

They are a better team than this years record, they were truly killed by injuries. I believe they have 12 starters on IR, that is starters not just players.

Of the other teams you listed except maybe the Texans I would agree. I truly believe the Texans have all the ingredients minus the 0-line. An o-line is easier to rebuild than all our holes IMO.

Logical
01-03-2006, 09:26 PM
You want Herm or Fisher?? I like both.....up in the air for me.Either would be acceptable as long as we don't give up draft picks for them.

CanadaKC
01-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Vlad...quit listening to your own crap and take a step in reality. Herm will be our coach. The Jets have little bargaining rights due to a 4-12 season, and more importantly, a coach who doesn't want to be in NY anymore.

Eleazar
01-03-2006, 09:57 PM
I would rather have someone else without using a bunch of draft picks to get them. But I would rather not have Herm even if he was out of work.

Mecca
01-03-2006, 10:01 PM
I really don't get why some people dislike the guy so much. He made the playoffs 3 out of 5 years while being in a division with a team that won 3 Superbowls. Also during the time he's been the coach, they're the least penalized team in the league.

Otter
01-03-2006, 10:01 PM

Color me as "I don't give a flying fluck".

Peterson + 17 years in my book is a pretty good sample pool of what to expect until he's gone. I"d color anyone as a fool who expects anything else, or more for that matter.

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Whitlock is going to ride Germ Edwards like a two dollar whore. It's going to be hilarious.

Actually he's all for the Edwards trade, he believes he got a raw deal with the Pennington situation

kcfanintitanhell
01-03-2006, 10:07 PM
I honestly think that any HC in the NFL right now would be chomping at the bit to take over this team. It would be like getting a really great deal on a semi-high mileage luxury car, with a brand new engine.