PDA

View Full Version : Carl better be ready to open the check book

Hoover
01-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Hoover
Publisher

If the rumors about the Herm Edwards are true and he does become the next head coach of the Chiefs, Carl Peterson better be ready to bring in the free agents he needs to put a good team on the field.

When Peterson sweet talked Dick Vermiel to take the job in Kansas City, Carl went out and got him the QB he wanted in Trent Green. Not only did it cost free agent dollars, it also cost the organization its top draft pick in 2001, as well as picks for Vermiel himself.

Now if Peterson would have promoted Al Saunders to Head Coach it might be a different story, and I'm sure we would have heard how much Lamar Hunt spent last off season. But with Herm Edwards, another Peterson Loyalist, he must now go out and get the players his new head coach wants.

Personally, I'm somewhat troubled that Peterson will only hire close friends to be the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Peterson's job is to build an organization that can win a national championship, not hire head coaches that will never disagree with the Chiefs General Manager.

RedThat
01-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Hoover
Publisher

If the rumors about the Herm Edwards are true and he does become the next head coach of the Chiefs, Carl Peterson better be ready to bring in the free agents he needs to put a good team on the field.

When Peterson sweet talked Dick Vermiel to take the job in Kansas City, Carl went out and got him the QB he wanted in Trent Green. Not only did it cost free agent dollars, it also cost the organization its top draft pick in 2001, as well as picks for Vermiel himself.

Now if Peterson would have promoted Al Saunders to Head Coach it might be a different story, and I'm sure we would have heard how much Lamar Hunt spent last off season. But with Herm Edwards, another Peterson Loyalist, he must now go out and get the players his new head coach wants.

Personally, I'm somewhat troubled that Peterson will only hire close friends to be the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Peterson's job is to build an organization that can win a national championship, not hire head coaches that will never disagree with the Chiefs General Manager.

Well, if Edwards is the coach, I have no doubt in my mind, Carl will get him players....He usually does accomodate most coaches that have coached here. He is good in that sense. Im thinking most of them will be defensive players. Law? Abraham? Henderson-def co?

siberian khatru
01-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Won't happen.

Hoover
01-04-2006, 08:23 PM
I also don't think it will happen, but would love to see some more defense spending in the offseason

harpes
01-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Has Saunders even mentioned he wants the KC HC job? I've heard that Saunders has always said that he wouldnt be HC under Carl and prefered to go out and start his own Dynasty.

Frankie
01-05-2006, 12:16 AM
Personally, I'm somewhat troubled that Peterson will only hire close friends to be the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Peterson's job is to build an organization that can win a national championship, not hire head coaches that will never disagree with the Chiefs General Manager.My feelings as well.
:banghead:

Frankie
01-05-2006, 12:17 AM
I've heard that Saunders has always said that he wouldnt be HC under Carl and prefered to go out and start his own Dynasty.Where did you pull THAT ONE from?!

Phobia
01-05-2006, 12:20 AM

DV and Carl disagreed with one another ALL THE TIME. It strained their relationship frequently. I'm guessing you're just trying to be funny because you're certainly not being accurate.

Dunit35
01-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Has Saunders even mentioned he wants the KC HC job? I've heard that Saunders has always said that he wouldnt be HC under Carl and prefered to go out and start his own Dynasty.

I wouldnt want to be a HC under Carl too. Man I hate Carl Peterson.

Imon Yourside
01-05-2006, 12:31 AM
I am so ready for Al to stay and Carl to go it isn't even funny.

Hoover
01-05-2006, 08:08 AM
DV and Carl disagreed with one another ALL THE TIME. It strained their relationship frequently. I'm guessing you're just trying to be funny because you're certainly not being accurate.
I'm not saying they will not have differences. I'm saying Carl is only getting people he can get his way with for HC. I think Carl is one of the main problems in KC.

Hoover
01-05-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm not a member of the media, I don't have to be accurate, I'm just giving my "take"

Fire Me Boy!
01-05-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm not a member of the media, I don't have to be accurate, I'm just giving my "take"
As you claim to be Rufas Dawes Jr., you should know by reading your dad's work that accuracy in journalism is second only to using big words.

Actually, you can be a member of the media and give your "take"... it's called an editorial.