PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else pissed they can't watch the freaking game on HD?

wutamess
01-04-2006, 10:19 PM
My fuccing indoor off air antenna will not pick up channel 9 HD.
It's the most expensive ($50) indoor antenna I got from Radio Shack but still can't get 9 or 19 or some of the other local HD channels.

Any suggestions? I'm on DTV.

Speaking of which... does anyone know what DTV is dropping this spring in the KC area concerning more HD channels (about 50+ I was told). A link on the offer or information would be appreciated.

Saulbadguy
01-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Our ABC affiliate doesn't even broadcast in HD yet, I think.

Phobia
01-04-2006, 10:21 PM
My suggestion is to age quickly. If you're 78, apparently there is no difference between regular TV and HDTV.

wutamess
01-04-2006, 10:23 PM
My suggestion is to age quickly. If you're 78, apparently there is no difference between regular TV and HDTV.

Pretty funny assole. (You made another funny)
Was thinking about football this weekend since it's gonna be around 60.
What you say?

FAX
01-04-2006, 10:35 PM
Me angry.

Want bitch slap oprah.

FAX OF THE JUNGLE

Frazod
01-04-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm in the same boat - I have the UHF antenna and DTV (well-documented battle with DTV fuqtards is in the geek forum). I get everything fine except for Channel 2, which unfortunately is CBS.

I'm surprised you're having trouble with 9. It's my understanding that it's mainly a problem with low frequency numbers.

Phobia
01-04-2006, 10:51 PM
I'll play. I don't know how it's gonna go. My knee still has a little hitch.

BigRedChief
01-04-2006, 11:33 PM
I watched it on my new 52 in high def TV. It rocked!

Halfcan
01-04-2006, 11:54 PM
High Def TV for me is to dust the screen and adjust the rabbit ears.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
01-04-2006, 11:59 PM
I just watched it on ABC over the air HD broadcast on my projector on the 106" screen. I just bought an antennae amplifier and was able to start receiving ABC now as well as NBC, CBS, and FOX. Basically I have all the bases covered...............

Halfcan
01-05-2006, 12:04 AM
I added foil on the antenna-that helped.

Swanman
01-05-2006, 07:22 AM
My fuccing indoor off air antenna will not pick up channel 9 HD.
It's the most expensive ($50) indoor antenna I got from Radio Shack but still can't get 9 or 19 or some of the other local HD channels.

Any suggestions? I'm on DTV.

Speaking of which... does anyone know what DTV is dropping this spring in the KC area concerning more HD channels (about 50+ I was told). A link on the offer or information would be appreciated.

I would try getting the "Silver Sensor" HD antenna that's made by Zenith. I'm not sure if any stores carry it, but you can get it on sites like Amazon for fairly cheap, around $30.

There's a chance your local ABC may be broadcasting in HD in VHF instead of UHF so you can't get the HD feeds using a normal HD antenna. If that's the case, you may be able to get the East Coast or West Coast HD feed through DTV. I know Frazod had trouble getting that for CBS up here in Chicago, but it may be a city-by-city thing.

Depending on how far you are from the tower, you could just be too far away to pick up the signal.

Valiant
01-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Pretty funny assole. (You made another funny)
Was thinking about football this weekend since it's gonna be around 60.
What you say?

Let me know on here if you do.. I feel like pushing Phobia around like a little girl since the Chiefs did not make the playoffs...