PDA

View Full Version : Let's Focus on the Chiefs Not Bubblebaths

Pages : [1] 2

HuddleClubKid
01-05-2006, 06:27 AM
First and foremost above anything else I'm very flattered that so many of you talk about me, Phil and what we do at Warpaint Illustrated on Chiefs Planet. I hope this post will help resolve some of the issues.

I'm still not clear why so many Planet members have a problem with what we do at Warpaint Illustrated. After all we put it on the line everday and are willing to pass along information that we get out of Arrowhead our NFL Scout writers and our Fox Sports partners. Does it always pan out... Nope but at least we are willing to put our butts on the line each day. I have not seen many Planet Writers do the same. I've asked SEVERAL of you to write articles and if you think you can do it better, then I'm all for it. I'd love to publish some of your material.

We don't do anything different except write articles about the one topic we all love and that's the Kansas City Chiefs. I think the PASSION on this board is awesome and despite what you might believe, I think this is a great community.

With that said, I'd like to clear a few things up.

1. I hired Phil Kloster to run our board. Not to steal from Planet or try and break up this community. It was a business decision for both of us. Nothing more and nothing less. It's clear that this board is still thriving and that's great for all of us.

2. As far as Marty's comments from my days at NFL Scoop, those were not quite accurate and I will address them with him ONE on ONE.

3. Same goes for Jason Whitlock's comments that he made yesterday about what he thinks of me. I will say this. Personal attacks on message boards are cowardly. If Jason has something to say to me or any of you for that matter, the best way might be to talk to me direct. I've never hid from anyone since I began writing on line back in 1998. I've never walked out on my responsibilities and I've ALWAYS admitted when I've made a mistake that has gone to print. I'm more than willing to talk to anyone who has an issue with something I write. But I'm not the only writer at Warpaint and I think we have a great crew.

4. Warpaint Illustrated has its SHORTCOMINGS and I admit that and Phil reminds me all the time. And that starts with me and I appreciate the constructive remarks. If I make a mistake everyone on this board jumps on me and that's fine. It's your right. On the other hand when we are correct about something (either myself or one of our other staff writers), you still find fault and I don't think that's fair.

We never started out to report rumors but as our respect and access within the Chiefs organization has grown to include Management, Coaches and Players we pass along what we hear and we keep quite when people ask us not to say things that go on behind the scenes. That's why the relationship works so well. But we ARE far more careful than in the infancy of this website. That comes with maturity.

There is a REASON that Warpaint Illustrated is the ONLY internet based website to receive press credentials year round to cover the Kansas City Chiefs at home and on the road. That's because the Chiefs respect what we do at Warpaint Illustrated. If not, then they would not give us the access they do now.

5. And last but not least, I wish nothing but success for Chiefs Planet. I have no axe to grind with anyone and the critical comments in the end will make me a better writer and even further help Phil and I build Warpaint Illustrated into a more successful operation. At the end of the day most of our community appreciates our effots and that's what truly matters as Phil and I go forward.

In closing, I hope the bashing settles down because the focus should be on the Kansas City Chiefs and not Nick Athan, Warpaint Illustrated or even Phil Kloster.

I wish nothing but great things for Chiefs Planet in 2006 and let's hope if Herman Edwards comes to KC that we center our attention on what it will take for this team to get to the Super Bowl next season.

Be well Planet Members and have a Great New Year!!!

Go CHIEFS!!!

Nick Athan
Publisher
Warpaint Illustrated

Ultra Peanut
01-05-2006, 06:38 AM
Let's Focus on the Chiefs Not WarpaintStarting a thread that does nothing but draw attention to Warpaint is an excellent way of doing that.

There is a REASON that Warpaint Illustrated is the ONLY internet based website to receive press credentials year round to cover the Kansas City Chiefs at home and on the road. That's because the Chiefs respect what we do at Warpaint Illustrated.No, that's because your parent company is the only site with a high-enough profile/profit for the Chiefs to deem worthy of giving credentials to.

kcxiv
01-05-2006, 06:42 AM
Where did twitlock bash you? i wanna read it.

Bootlegged
01-05-2006, 06:51 AM
Is this Tom Cash?

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 06:56 AM
Guys...give the man a break. I didn't see any spelling errors.

OldTownChief
01-05-2006, 07:01 AM

Check again "quite" s/b "quiet" in his context. Overall I thought it was a well written post.

RedDread
01-05-2006, 07:02 AM
OMG CHIEFSPLANET SUCKS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAVE WRITERS WORKING FOR IT 1111!!!!1ELEVEN!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

the Talking Can
01-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Go away you ****ing retard.

"Nope but at least we are willing to put our butts on the line each day. I have not seen many Planet Writers do the same."

Uh, Francis, you get PAID to write like a Chinese guy who learned English from a Mexican.

No one here gets paid...or would accept money with a straight face for the stupid things we write. We know we're stupid.

Take your sad site pimping back to WI where it belongs. Nobody owes you a drop of respect or a god dam dime. And anybody that wants to read your painfully written "scoops" can go TO YOUR SITE and give you all their money...at your site, this is Chiefsplanet.

Seriously, cut this shit out and go away so that we can make fun of you in peace.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 07:06 AM

Dude, that is out of line. He's making an effort here.

OldTownChief
01-05-2006, 07:09 AM

Agreed... I see no reason not to take the post as sincere.

the Talking Can
01-05-2006, 07:10 AM
There is a REASON that Warpaint Illustrated is the ONLY internet based website to receive press credentials year round to cover the Kansas City Chiefs at home and on the road. That's because the Chiefs respect what we do at Warpaint Illustrated. If not, then they would not give us the access they do now.

In closing, I hope the bashing settles down because the focus should be on the Kansas City Chiefs and not Nick Athan, Warpaint Illustrated or even Phil Kloster.

good god, you're telling us what to focus on? you realize only Phobia is paid by you right? the rest of us are not your employees...save you canned coporate speeches for the canned corporate dudes..

thanks for peeing in my cheerios this morning...all I wanted was a good poop thread....

kcxiv
01-05-2006, 07:11 AM

Uh, Francis, you get PAID to write like a Chinese guy who learned English from a Mexican.

No one here gets paid...or would accept money with a straight face for the stupid things we write. We know we're stupid.

Take your sad site pimping back to WI where it belongs. Nobody owes you a drop of respect or a god dam dime. And anybody that wants to read your painfully written "scoops" can go TO YOUR SITE and give you all their money...at your site, this is Chiefsplanet.

Seriously, cut this shit out and go away so that we can make fun of you in peace. Anger problems?

the Talking Can
01-05-2006, 07:12 AM

no, he's lecturing us on the business model of WI....please make it go away...I don't want regular postings by WI employess telling how misguided we are for not understanding how great their business is....you do, great....

the Talking Can
01-05-2006, 07:13 AM
Anger problems?

yeah....or maybe, let me confirm it with premium...

Mile High Mania
01-05-2006, 07:23 AM
The whole thread is weird. I'm not sure why anyone from WI should give a damn what is thought or said on this board. Posting a thread here discussing it only rustles up the natives. So, in my mind... you've opened the window.

Nobody from either site should care much about what the other is thinking. The guys at WI have some press passes, connections and try their best to scoop stories.

There's mixed emotions on the validity of the information, but there's really no reason for either side to get all up in arms. If you don't like the stuff at WI... leave it alone, if the folks at WI feel that they get kicked in the groin over here, roll with it and let it be.

Everything else is just bs.

DaWolf
01-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Internet grudge matches are just stupid and I never understood anyone going to war against someone else on cyberspace. It's real easy to sit behind a keyboard and type personal insults. Anyway, I really don't care, people will do what they do. To me, more Chiefs on the net is better than less Chiefs. Having said that, if Athan wants me to take him seriously, I have to see continued excellence coming out of his reports. Otherwise I will just treat his reports like Pro Football Talk's, IE wrong a great majority of the time. Posting here ain't gonna change the opinion, just put out good reliable professional reports and eventually the criticism will stop. If you don't it won't. But I'm not going to waste my time going to battle over it, because frankly I've got more important things to worry about.

As far as competing with the Planet, look, people need a comunity of football friends they can discuss their team with. This is the one I have chosen, I like this community. If someone wants to start their own community, they can. If people want to go to both, or leave one for the other, that's their perrogative. As long as we're not pissing in each other's directions, who cares?

KCTitus
01-05-2006, 07:57 AM
What a tard.

Dude, you have zero clue what a BB community is all about.

Im not sure what you mean by putting your 'butt on the line' each day, but I do know it sure as hell has NOTHING to do with Internet gossip.

I congratulate your ability to delude some people for approximately $100 annually for your 'product', but please stay away from here and enjoy your flattery from a distance.

Warpaint is not a competitor to the Planet, it's a a joke. The only thing funnier is the fact that you take it so seriously.

RedDread
01-05-2006, 07:58 AM
Internet grudge matches are just stupid and I never understood anyone going to war against someone else on cyberspace. It's real easy to sit behind a keyboard and type personal insults. Anyway, I really don't care, people will do what they do. To me, more Chiefs on the net is better than less Chiefs. Having said that, if Athan wants me to take him seriously, I have to see continued excellence coming out of his reports. Otherwise I will just treat his reports like Pro Football Talk's, IE wrong a great majority of the time. Posting here ain't gonna change the opinion, just put out good reliable professional reports and eventually the criticism will stop. If you don't it won't. But I'm not going to waste my time going to battle over it, because frankly I've got more important things to worry about.

As far as competing with the Planet, look, people need a comunity of football friends they can discuss their team with. This is the one I have chosen, I like this community. If someone wants to start their own community, they can. If people want to go to both, or leave one for the other, that's their perrogative. As long as we're not pissing in each other's directions, who cares?

If you throw out enough predictions eventually one will be right.

And then you can say 'I told you so.'

seclark
01-05-2006, 07:58 AM

well said...it's kind of like taverns.
sec

Chiefnj
01-05-2006, 08:18 AM
Nick is the Rufus Dawes of WPI.

dave0320
01-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Nick has a knack of pissing off a lot of people in and around Kansas City. Because his feelings got hurt on other boards, he threatened to sue on behalf of his beloved "WI". Just wait and see; this board will be next. You will never see his name or WI on 610 or 810, and the only one who will pimp him is Jack Harry on 38 the Spot.
Anyone who is foolish enough to pay for a subscription to WI is crazy. All you are getting is either inaccurate or yesterday's news.
With his 24 posts since February '04, it is quite obvious he is only trying to pimp both WI and their web site, and has no legitimate interest in this board.
Nick, just go away. :banghead:

Iowanian
01-05-2006, 08:30 AM
It's real easy to sit behind a keyboard and type personal insults. ?

I will not have my work be insulted by some interweb hooligan wolf. I take great pride, and put my butt on the line every day to conjur thought provoking and creative insults. The operators of the Keyboard of Doom strive to be very good at what they do, and though not paid by premium subscription to read the top smack of each day, they also have feelings.

Your insensitivity may not go unpunished.

Seek
01-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Hey Nick. It isn't just Planet members. It is basically all the Chiefs Forums. KC Star, CC, and the Planet.

Based on your theory, we should love WPI, becuase all you do is work hard every day posting speculation. LOL. Even my wife, who does not read your crap thinks you are a Tool seeing your mug on 38th spot.

Hey, is Ty Law still in the Chiefs future, now that Hermy is possibly a Chief.

Dartgod
01-05-2006, 08:34 AM
You will never see his name or WI on 610 or 810, and the only one who will pimp him is Jack Harry on 38 the Spot.

Actually, I've heard him on 610 (I believe, it could have been 810, I don't remember). Of course, you are correct, I never really did "see" him on there.

I'm not supporting him in any way either, just pointing out that you were wrong on this statement.

Seek
01-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Nick has a knack of pissing off a lot of people in and around Kansas City. Because his feelings got hurt on other boards, he threatened to sue on behalf of his beloved "WI". Just wait and see; this board will be next. You will never see his name or WI on 610 or 810, and the only one who will pimp him is Jack Harry on 38 the Spot.
Anyone who is foolish enough to pay for a subscription to WI is crazy. All you are getting is either inaccurate or yesterday's news.
With his 24 posts since February '04, it is quite obvious he is only trying to pimp both WI and their web site, and has no legitimate interest in this board.
Nick, just go away. :banghead:

What is wrong with Jack Harry?????? The guy is so cool with his unbuttoned shirt, showing his white chest hair and gold chains. He is so Magnum PI it is cool.

Demonpenz
01-05-2006, 08:37 AM
great entertainment to say the least. Right now more than ever it's nice to have something to take my mind off of the shitty chiefs

Nick Athan
01-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Serously, we need to focos on the Chiefs, not Warpaint Illustrated of ChiefsPlanet. This arent about eithor one of us.

Go Chiefs!!

C-Mac
01-05-2006, 08:38 AM
I'm still going thru therapy trying to deal with all the emotions and trama that came from getting my first negative rep just for simply posting a Nick Athan article.

the Talking Can
01-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Serously, we need to focos on the Chiefs, not Warpaint Illustrated of ChiefsPlanet. This arent about eithor one of us.

Go Chiefs!!

ROFL

long overdue...if you know Sean Salsbury, tell him hi for me...

Hoover
1. I hired Phil Kloster to run our board. Not to steal from Planet or try and break up this community. It was a business decision for both of us. Nothing more and nothing less. It's clear that this board is still thriving and that's great for all of us.

But I thought it was a partnership, and that Phil doesn't work for you?

Skip Towne
I did.

Chiefnj
01-05-2006, 08:40 AM
But I thought it was a partnership, and that Phil doesn't work for you?

IT'S A TOWNHOUSE!!!

joesomebody
I beleive WI needs an editor, I've never really read it except the clips I see now and then, but there are always mistakes, not only in spelling and grammar, but sometimes in logic...

Other than that, I have no problem, gives this board something to talk about.

The forums at WPI are horrible though, a joke. I went there after Phil left to check it out, and it was full of "veterans" with like 12 posts telling the n00bs to go away more often than Skip.

Seek
Actually, I've heard him on 610 (I believe, it could have been 810, I don't remember). Of course, you are correct, I never really did "see" him on there.

I'm not supporting him in any way either, just pointing out that you were wrong on this statement.

Dave listens to the sport radio enough to know. Actually I think he works for one of them, he is so informed with the stations.

I listen to the stations every day, and I have never heard Nick the D_ck on there. 610 is all about Ronda Moss, or KC Star reporters IE Adam Teicher.

siberian khatru
I'll have you know I put my butt on the toilet each day.

Iowanian
01-05-2006, 08:42 AM
I don't really give a shit about any of this.

I've got no problem with Phildo, but to think I'm going to stop making fun of him after 5 years here is comical.

I enjoy the 50 wartaint threads here each day less than most I'm sure. The 2 sites aren't offering the same product.

As a peace offering, Chiefsplanet via Iowanian hereby offers wartaint chiefs4me and memyselfI as compensation. no returns.

the Talking Can
01-05-2006, 08:44 AM
this thread has the seeds of greatness within it...

and, fyi, this is what a scoop looks like:

http://www.trans-organic.co.uk/resources/images/scoop.jpg

Hoover
01-05-2006, 08:44 AM
IT'S A TOWNHOUSE!!!
LOL thanks

ChiTown
01-05-2006, 08:47 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Thank you, I just peed myself..........

Matt Helm
01-05-2006, 09:12 AM
I highly recommend this thread to the romper room.

Dartgod
01-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Dave listens to the sport radio enough to know. Actually I think he works for one of them, he is so informed with the stations.

I listen to the stations every day, and I have never heard Nick the D_ck on there. 610 is all about Ronda Moss, or KC Star reporters IE Adam Teicher.
I don't give a f*ck who he works for, I'm telling you I have heard him on one of the stations (I'm 99% sure it was 610). In fact, I remember him mentioning that he had hired Phil to run his BB. This was later in the evening, around 6-7 p.m.

Dartgod
01-05-2006, 09:15 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Thank you, I just peed myself..........
Twice?

dave0320
01-05-2006, 09:15 AM

I have too much time on my hands. :toast:

ChiTown
01-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Twice?

Yep. It was that funny.............

beavis
01-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Nobody from either site should care much about what the other is thinking. The guys at WI have some press passes, connections and try their best to scoop stories.
I don't care, and I don't think a lot of people do either. But this is still funny... and him having to come to a BB to defend himself pretty much quantifies what a pretender he is.

Last I heard, Word came with spell check, might look into it.

Seek
01-05-2006, 09:22 AM
I have too much time on my hands. :toast:

Yes you do.

ROYC75
Damn, I have to work today or I would get the popcorn and enjoy this one all day long............Next flick Internet Wars, Coming soon to your favorite BB.

Dartgod
Yep. It was that funny.............
It was funny. I actually snickered. ;)

Nick Athan
01-05-2006, 09:23 AM
The Kansas City Chiefs Organzation only gives press passes to us who is qualfied... only my magizane qualifies. Although; I do need to bye a knew pair of kneepads for win I deil with Carl. Press passes isnt free, we have to work for this: and sometimes is a dirty job. but we love are Chiefs!!

jjchieffan
01-05-2006, 09:27 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL
The Man who puts so much effort into Guntherbashing is defending Nick Athan? ROFL ROFL ROFL

ChiTown
01-05-2006, 09:31 AM
It was funny. I actually snickered. ;)

Is that code word for $hit your pants?

:)

ChiTown
01-05-2006, 09:32 AM
The Kansas City Chiefs Organzation only gives press passes to us who is qualfied... only my magizane qualifies. Although; I do need to bye a knew pair of kneepads for win I deil with Carl. Press passes isnt free, we have to work for this: and sometimes is a dirty job. but we love are Chiefs!!

Ugh. This is going to be a very long, gawd awful off-season............

Nick Athan
01-05-2006, 09:37 AM

My sources tell me that we our likely only 195 days away from the start for training camp 2006. Warfield Illustrated will be there!

shakesthecat
01-05-2006, 09:38 AM

What? You don't find Kotter amusing?

jspchief
01-05-2006, 09:38 AM
How exactly does WPI "put their butt on the line"?

Do they risk something when they publish lies and rumors in an attempt to trick people into thinking they know something the commmon world doesn't? What are the consequences when they are wrong?

You aren't putting your butt on the line, you con-man. You're putting your reputation on the line. And if you cared about your rep, you wouldn't put it on the line so often. But you'd rather trade your rep for the snake-oil you sell as insider info, and the result is a large portion of people in the Chiefs world recognize you for the fraud you are.

ChiTown
01-05-2006, 09:39 AM
What? You don't find Kotter amusing?

which character?

Brock
01-05-2006, 09:42 AM
which character?

Lately, he's been logging in as PhobiaSlurper.

Dartgod
01-05-2006, 09:42 AM
which character?
I found Arnold Horshack to be quite amusing.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 09:43 AM
I'd like to clarify something please.
n closing, I hope the bashing settles down because the focus should be on the Kansas City Chiefs and not Nick Athan, Warpaint Illustrated or even Phil Kloster.

Actually, I think the focus should be on Phil Kloster. That's the way it has always been and that's the way it should continue. Afterall, I'm king of the internet.

But seriously, there's a dozen Nick Athan threads started on this site in the past week and he's largely shit on when he comes in to explain? What is the end game here? Do you guys hope that Nick eventually stops crying himself to sleep and quits the writing thing?

I don't work for Nick any more than I worked for Kyle. It's a mutually beneficial partnership as far as I'm concerned. Nick just misspelled "hired". That's all.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 09:45 AM
How exactly does WPI "put their butt on the line"?

I'm a combat veteran. He's allowed to use that phrase now. It's the whole reason I was hired.

ChiTown
01-05-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm a combat veteran. He's allowed to use that phrase now. It's the whole reason I was hired.

WAIT!

Has anyone offered you pie today? If not, then let me offer you a slice of chiefs4me..............

jspchief
01-05-2006, 09:51 AM
But seriously, there's a dozen Nick Athan threads started on this site in the past week and he's largely shit on when he comes in to explain? What is the end game here? Do you guys hope that Nick eventually stops crying himself to sleep and quits the writing thing?

For me, the end game is insuring that unsuspecting Chiefs fans realize he is a fraud and a snake oil salesman.

ROYC75
01-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Is popcorn bad for you this time of the morning ? How much popcorn should one consume before stopping ?

Sources claim this thread is going to be a long one.

ChiefsKing
01-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Some of the idiots on here don't speak for everyone. I like Chiefs news. I want to know what the people that are inside arrowhead are saying. I understand not all of it is going to turn out like they plan, but I still like to know their plan. Why anyone wouldn't want chiefs news, esp. from someone who is liked by the chiefs is wierd to me. People like the talking jackass might be satisfied with getting their news from KK or Twitlock, but I happen to think the more chiefs news the better. If some people don't want your info, they shouldn't click on the thread just to bitch about it. Do everyone else a favor and ignore it. Nick, keep doing what your doing. I like your passion, keep sharing your info.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 09:54 AM
I want to know what the people that are inside arrowhead are saying.

Exactly. Athan is out there every week. He doesn't just "make shit up."

KCTitus
01-05-2006, 09:54 AM

Im guessing you didnt bother to read that post...it's full of self important BS that read like he's got Proctor as an editor. 'Put our butts on the line'? Are you F!ing kidding me? This is a joke right? Try some humility for being a grade A f!up for the last couple years that's in desperate need of a reputation transplant.

I dont have any animus toward your decision, Phobia, I understand you desire to do your thing, but this dude has got some ego issues that remind me a lot of Proctor. Much like Proctor waves his 'combat veteran' crap around, Nick dangles his 'media credentials' around. So what...the only thing that does is make you look more foolish when you get it wrong 'putting your butt on the line'.

Tell the guy to STFD and STFU.

KCTitus
01-05-2006, 09:55 AM
... Nick, keep doing what your doing. I like your passion, keep sharing your info.

Uh...it costs you 80 bucks to get his 'info'. Sign up soon!

ChiTown
01-05-2006, 09:56 AM
I want to know what the people that are inside arrowhead are saying.

:spock:

nevermind............

ChiTown
01-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Exactly. Athan is out there every week. He doesn't just "make shit up."

ROFL

Are you on Phil's "staff" now?

;)

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 09:58 AM
ROFL

;)

Are you calling me a liar?

jspchief
01-05-2006, 09:59 AM
ROFL

;)You misspelled "ballsack".

ROYC75
01-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Uh...it costs you 80 bucks to get his 'info'. Sign up soon!

$ 80.00 ? Man, I can buy alot of popcorn for $ 80.00.

KCTitus
01-05-2006, 10:02 AM
$ 80.00 ? Man, I can buy alot of popcorn for $ 80.00.

About a 150lbs...

http://www.popcornpopper.com/popcorn-bulk.html

ROYC75
Crap man, I'm going to miss more than $ 80.00 wages staying on this Internet War story.........

I gotta go back to work. C Ya .......

jspchief
You misspelled "ballsack"....and I missed the double entendre. :)

ChiTown
01-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Are you calling me a liar?

Nooooooooooooooooooo. I wouldn't do that. I'm calling you an idiot.

Chan93lx50
01-05-2006, 10:07 AM
http://www.shanghaiist.com/attachments/shang_dan/shiticecream.jpg
http://www.irc-junkie.net/buzz/20%20electric%20fan.jpg

KC Kings
01-05-2006, 10:07 AM
This whole thing boils down to Carl fricking Peterson. I promise you that if the Chiefs were playing this Sunday there would have been less 30 Nick Athan threads started in the last 2 hours.

Phob asked for an "end", which is kind of retared because he should know how things operate here. Taco has a pretty good web site, a nice BBS, has a lot of sports knowledge, but he started off as being CP's assclown and things will never change. He could come to the next Bronco's game, bring free beer for everybody, and give Scanlon a pre-game BJ and the CP community would still hate him and constantly give him shit. Don't take it personal though, it really doesn't matter what kind of person you are or what you do, it simply matters how you were originally branded. Take Skip for example. He's the biggest a-hole on CP, is a jerk to everybody all the time, and basically just a prick... but everybody likes him. Why? I don't know, and I wouldn't asociate with a negative prick in real life, but for some reason on here he is not only tolerated but his actions are expected and everybody puts up with his shit.

To be official, maybe their should be a Cheifsplanet Shit list, so you know whether or not you ever have a chance of being like by the majority of members.

1. Denise
2. KC Johnny
3. Slayer Diablo
4. Taco
5. feel free to add to the list...

KCTitus
01-05-2006, 10:09 AM
This whole thing boils down to Carl fricking Peterson...

LOL...of all the things to blame on Carl, this has to be the best!

Dartgod
01-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Take Skip for example. He's the biggest a-hole on CP...

I'm making it my New Years resolution to take that title from him this year.

Bootlegged
01-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Does anyone else see the irony in NAthan telling anyone to FOCUS?

ChiTown
01-05-2006, 10:15 AM

Wait just a gdamn second, I've had the appropriate sig line for quite some time. I believe that title will firmly rest with me in the badlands of wiCHItaTOWN.

Seek
01-05-2006, 10:16 AM
LOL...of all the things to blame on Carl, this has to be the best!

I didn't realize Nick was paying Carl to kiss his ass and promote him as the ONLY Web based tabloid.

Hey Nick I know another Web site who has press passes. They just don't charge people to read their stuff, so they actually have a real job that they go to everyday, preventing them from working under Carl's desk every day polishing his pole.

Phobia
Im guessing you didnt bother to read that post...it's full of self important BS that read like he's got Proctor as an editor. 'Put our butts on the line'? Are you F!ing kidding me? This is a joke right? Try some humility for being a grade A f!up for the last couple years that's in desperate need of a reputation transplant.

I dont have any animus toward your decision, Phobia, I understand you desire to do your thing, but this dude has got some ego issues that remind me a lot of Proctor. Much like Proctor waves his 'combat veteran' crap around, Nick dangles his 'media credentials' around. So what...the only thing that does is make you look more foolish when you get it wrong 'putting your butt on the line'.

Tell the guy to STFD and STFU.

I read it. Nick doesn't do text interaction well. Which is why he wanted me to come over and manage the forums. The fact that you're getting a Proctor vibe is bad. Heh. He's actually not an egomaniacal dumbass as is the perception here or I'd have never agreed to leave the Planet. I can't explain it. I've tried to explain and I've tried to defend. As I said yesterday, I'm through doing all that. Most of you have made your minds up about him and nothing I say will change that. It has been fun.

KC Kings
Don't waste your time, he is like the Yoda of dickheads. You could mentor under him and study his style for years and never be able to surpass him.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Hey Nick I know another Web site who has press passes.

No kidding?

Seek
01-05-2006, 10:22 AM
I read it. Nick doesn't do text interaction well. Which is why he wanted me to come over and manage the forums. The fact that you're getting a Proctor vibe is bad. Heh. He's actually not an egomaniacal dumbass as is the perception here or I'd have never agreed to leave the Planet. I can't explain it. I've tried to explain and I've tried to defend. As I said yesterday, I'm through doing all that. Most of you have made your minds up about him and nothing I say will change that. It has been fun.

You sound just like an old buddy if mine, who used to work for Nick. He couldn't explain it either but defended Nick, heavily. He no longer works for Nick and does not carry that same tune.

Seek
01-05-2006, 10:23 AM
No kidding?

Yes, I am kidding. Why would Nick lie about being the ONLY people who the Chiefs trust?

beavis
01-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Good luck with that. You're got an uphill battle ahead of you.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Yes, I am kidding. Why would Nick lie about being the ONLY people who the Chiefs trust?

No seriously, who else has press credentials? I'm talking about credentials. I'm not talking about an occasional press pass.

Seek
01-05-2006, 10:28 AM
No seriously, who else has press credentials? I'm talking about credentials. I'm not talking about an occasional press pass.

Lets just say, someone does. I am not going to bring them into this, because they have done everything they can to distant themselves from Nick, and WPI. But I will tell you that one of the reporters is not located in KC.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 10:29 AM
You sound just like an old buddy if mine, who used to work for Nick. He couldn't explain it either but defended Nick, heavily. He no longer works for Nick and does not carry that same tune.

I know how Nick is viewed. I have known for a long time. I made a carefully calculated decision when I went there. We have plans to address the perception and the reputation. It's going to work out for us in the long run.

jspchief
01-05-2006, 10:30 AM
I know how Nick is viewed. I have known for a long time. I made a carefully calculated decision when I went there. We have plans to address the perception and the reputation. It's going to work out for us in the long run.You're trying to clean up a whore house, while the hookers are in back doing business as usual.

Taco John
01-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Can someone direct me to the Whitlock comments? I missed those. I'll run for my popcorn, as I'm only on the first page, and this thread is too good to pass up on so far. KC has more media drama than any team in the NFL, and I aint missing dis' bitch.

Thanks in advance for a PM or rep comment directing me to the Whitlock comments.

Your friend,
Taco

Dartgod
01-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Good luck with that. You're got an uphill battle ahead of you.
Yeah, I know. It's going to take a lot of hard wor...

Wait a minute. F*CK OFF, N00B!!

There, thats better...

ROYC75
01-05-2006, 10:35 AM
I know how Nick is viewed. I have known for a long time. I made a carefully calculated decision when I went there. We have plans to address the perception and the reputation. It's going to work out for us in the long run.

Good Luck with that buddy, you have your hands full.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Lets just say, someone does. I am not going to bring them into this, because they have done everything they can to distant themselves from Nick, and WPI. But I will tell you that one of the reporters is not located in KC.

Well, I'm certain you're talking about ChiefsCoalition. Mike would be the first person to tell you they don't have credentials. Those guys do a great job and I consider them all friends. Sheldon has credentials because he's a TV reporter in Pittsburg and he attends training camp but his credentials don't say "ChiefsCoalition" on them. I'm not playing that stupid "we have 'em and you don't" game. I'm trying to be accurate. If independantly operated fan sites qualified for credentials under the Chiefs press guidelines do you think there wouldn't be a ChiefsPlanet "correspondent" at ever game? I don't see that in the cards and it is a heavily weighted reason why I'm no longer managing this site.

Iowanian
01-05-2006, 10:36 AM
If the rumors are addressed as rumors, and facts turn out to be facts....eventually the perception will start to take care of itself.

I'm all for any RELIABLE source for Chiefs news I can get.

I'm not paying for it and i'd prefer it be more likely that its true than not when presented that way.

Do that, and the crowd will be mystified by another band of gypsies with clanging finger bells and shiney objects.

dave0320
01-05-2006, 10:38 AM
3. Same goes for Jason Whitlock's comments that he made yesterday about what he thinks of me.

Exactly where can this be found Nick, or is this just another lie? :banghead:

Hoover
I don't mind Phobia droping by and giving us some so called scoop. In fact I enjoy it, and I'm glad he drops by. However Phobia should expect all of the anti Nick and Phobia crap he gets.

My concern is that Phil and now Nick are only coming over here to somewhat advertise WI, why else are they both spending so much time over here?

Phobia
Can someone direct me to the Whitlock comments? I missed those. I'll run for my popcorn, as I'm only on the first page, and this thread is too good to pass up on so far. KC has more media drama than any team in the NFL, and I aint missing dis' bitch.

Thanks in advance for a PM or rep comment directing me to the Whitlock comments.

Your friend,
Taco

search on a "jwhit" post with "Hack" from yesterday or a Phobia post with "cracker" from yesterday. I feel badly, but I was forced to play the race card. Heh.

ROYC75
01-05-2006, 10:40 AM
You're trying to clean up a whore house, while the hookers are in back doing business as usual.

ROFL But true, it's going to take sometime to clean that one up, Phil has his work cut out .

Seek
01-05-2006, 10:40 AM

I understand your thoughts, as I did for my friend and I wish you luck (NOT NICK), maybe you will make a difference, but this is Deja Vu to me. The Hurdle Nick is trying to jump, is too high and too far. I know Nicks intentions and how he tried to achieve it pissed me off.

Iowanian
01-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Phildo was a founding member, regular participant and heavy user since this site was an itch in someone's pants at the star. He deserves some leeway to come and go as he pleases.

I have no current intentions spending much if any time on the unnamed board of his choice now, but hope he does continue to drop in and shoot the brees, and give us a heads up on news or rumors.

KC Kings
search on a "jwhit" post with "Hack" from yesterday or a Phobia post with "cracker" from yesterday. I feel badly, but I was forced to play the race card. Heh.

It is going to be in the mid 50's on Saturday. Maybe this rift should be settled with a friendly CP vs WI game of 2-hand touch?

ROYC75

Damn, I missed that one, somebody just post it for us . I knew Iwasn't going to get much work done today !
:harumph:

Phobia
01-05-2006, 10:42 AM
My concern is that Phil and now Nick are only coming over here to somewhat advertise WI, why else are they both spending so much time over here?

I'm here because it's fun for me. I'm also here because there's a lot of discussion about WI. I'm not here to advertise WI, the ChiefsPlanet members are doing just fine in that regard.

Donger
01-05-2006, 10:42 AM

This may have something to do with it:

Traffic Rank for chiefsplanet.com: 207,262
Traffic Rank for warpaintillustrated.com: 1,891,849

dirk digler
01-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Damn I always miss the good stuff.

Hoover
01-05-2006, 10:44 AM
Well, I'm certain you're talking about ChiefsCoalition. Mike would be the first person to tell you they don't have credentials. Those guys do a great job and I consider them all friends. Sheldon has credentials because he's a TV reporter in Pittsburg and he attends training camp but his credentials don't say "ChiefsCoalition" on them. I'm not playing that stupid "we have 'em and you don't" game. I'm trying to be accurate. If independantly operated fan sites qualified for credentials under the Chiefs press guidelines do you think there wouldn't be a ChiefsPlanet "correspondent" at ever game? I don't see that in the cards and it is a heavily weighted reason why I'm no longer managing this site.

Why is a press pass so damn important? I think this is some sort of ego trip on your part. Does a Press Pass make me a better Chiefs fan? um No. I mean whats the purpose? I'm sure you intend to ask good questions like "Gun, why do we play our CBs so far off the LOS", but now since your in the Press World you soon will find out crap like that diesn't get it done. They want to sell papers, magazines, crap like that. You want to make a name for yourself, thats cool.

Iowanian
01-05-2006, 10:46 AM
here is what whitelock said
Phobia, I hate to say it, but Nick is the definition of a hack. I like the guy's passion and effort, but he's a clown. Seriously. You can't blame it on deals falling through at Arrowhead. Nick freaking guesses. He's a bad gambler who keeps upping his bet on the blackjack table in hopes of getting one right.

jspchief
01-05-2006, 10:46 AM
here is what whitelock said http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2940634&postcount=15

Phobia
01-05-2006, 10:47 AM
This may have something to do with it:

Traffic Rank for chiefsplanet.com: 207,262
Traffic Rank for warpaintillustrated.com: 1,891,849

There's no way to compare those numbers from an independant source. The WI URL redirects into the Scout.com message board community. I'm certain ChiefsPlanet's numbers are more than double that of Warpaint but Alexa can't accurately measure our traffic.

MOhillbilly
01-05-2006, 10:49 AM
I care about KC Chiefs football and the NFL & could careless about a "Rival" website.
I want information and perspective. if i can get more of both from two diffrent sources all the better.
Shit its not like i dont read the FOX and ESPN NFL webpages everyday.:rolleyes:

dirk digler
01-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Why is a press pass so damn important? I think this is some sort of ego trip on your part. Does a Press Pass make me a better Chiefs fan? um No. I mean whats the purpose? I'm sure you intend to ask good questions like "Gun, why do we play our CBs so far off the LOS", but now since your in the Press World you soon will find out crap like that diesn't get it done. They want to sell papers, magazines, crap like that. You want to make a name for yourself, thats cool.

I think Phil uses it because he is a Chiefs fan, Nick uses it as a status symbol and makes him think him and WPI are important.

Hoover
01-05-2006, 10:53 AM
I care about KC Chiefs football and the NFL & could careless about a "Rival" website.
I want information and perspective. if i can get more of both from two diffrent sources all the better.
I agree 100%

So maybe if we want their information our members can just go there and get it.

Phobia

It's so I can attend games free.

Come on, dude. The coverage of the Chiefs in this town has been one-sided for a long time. I'm going to provide some coverage of the Chiefs with my own unique flair. I want to give Chiefs fans a different alternative.

the Talking Can

yeah, but does the owner of ESPN post here and lecture you for not respecting him "laying it on the line?

do ESPN employees monitor every thread and cry about evey joke made at ESPN's expense? every....single...one?

does ESPN insist you care about "scoops" and "sources" and "press passes" when you could give a flying ****?

does ESPN hire fish to write their articles?

Fish
I vote for a battle to the death between Athan and Fatlock.............. with the winner recieving a free tour through the Sago W.V. coal mines................

Donger
01-05-2006, 11:23 AM
There's no way to compare those numbers from an independant source. The WI URL redirects into the Scout.com message board community. I'm certain ChiefsPlanet's numbers are more than double that of Warpaint but Alexa can't accurately measure our traffic.

Out of curiosity, does scout.com charge you?

Phobia
01-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Does scout charge me for what?

Nick Athan
01-05-2006, 11:28 AM
I vote for a battle to the death between Athan and Fatlock.............. with the winner recieving a free tour through the Sago W.V. coal mines................

Whitlock and I hasnt gotton along for quit some time... It is very similar to the Larry Johnson situation, he doesnt like me, because Warfield Illustrated doesnt give him any column space. He is jealous of what we have here at are fine magizane.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 11:29 AM
It's so I can attend games free.

Come on, dude. The coverage of the Chiefs in this town has been one-sided for a long time. I'm going to provide some coverage of the Chiefs with my own unique flair. I want to give Chiefs fans a different alternative.

You're just going to get kicked out of the press conferences. :D

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Nick uses it as a status symbol and makes him think him and WPI are important.

I hear you have to have an amazing resume to get on as a writer there. They are extremely selective.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2006, 11:55 AM
move this garbage to the romper room.

every thread with WPI in the title is a "pimp" for another site.

it's not allowed regardless of how innocent the reason.

phil himself set the tone ... if you have another site you can put a single hotlink to your site in your signature ... anymore advertising than that needs to be work out with the chiefsplanet management.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 12:50 PM
phil himself set the tone ... if you have another site you can put a single hotlink to your site in your signature ... anymore advertising than that needs to be work out with the chiefsplanet management.

I agree that advertising should be done in a sig. That has always been the policy here. But you seem to be suggesting that WI people are spamming a bunch of threads about it which isn't the case at all. There's a vast difference.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 12:52 PM
I know #126 is probably available in public domain, but given the problems with internet psychotics, can we please take it down?

jspchief
01-05-2006, 12:54 PM
The Nick Athan poser needs to check himself. That's not cool.

beavis
01-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Whitlock and I hasnt gotton along for quit some time... It is very similar to the Larry Johnson situation, he doesnt like me, because Warfield Illustrated doesnt give him any column space. He is jealous of what we have here at are fine magizane.
I didn't know shitty NFL cornerbacks needed a website dedicated to covering just them.

beavis
01-05-2006, 12:56 PM
If you would like to bye a home in the KC area or have Chiefs scoop, feel free to contact me.
You've got to be freakin' kidding me.

dirk digler
01-05-2006, 12:57 PM
I love this place.

Can I call you to refinance?

the Talking Can
01-05-2006, 12:59 PM
The Nick Athan poser needs to check himself. That's not cool.

indeed...can you say "Tom Cash?"

KC Dan
01-05-2006, 01:01 PM
I hear you have to have an amazing resume to get on as a writer there. They are extremely selective.
Yeah, building a deck for ENDELT is huge plus on your writing resume....:banghead:

No offense meant Phil but GC your a twit sometimes.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2006, 01:03 PM
I agree that advertising should be done in a sig. That has always been the policy here. But you seem to be suggesting that WI people are spamming a bunch of threads about it which isn't the case at all. There's a vast difference.
i'm not trying to say or suggest anything other than we should follow the guidelines used in the past.

when the names of another sites start showing up like this at chiefsplanet the thread should be moved and/or the name should be removed/censored.

i have no alterior grudge or motive

nothing more or less than what you would of ALREADY done in the past.

Donger
01-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Does scout charge me for what?

For re-directing from their site to yours.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Yeah, building a deck for ENDELT is huge plus on your writing resume....:banghead:

Heh heh. We need a sarcasm calibration on isle 4, please.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 01:09 PM

Dude, I was making a frigging joke. A joke you don't even understand, apparently.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 01:09 PM
i'm not trying to say or suggest anything other than we should follow the guidelines used in the past.

when the names of another sites start showing up like this at chiefsplanet the thread should be moved and/or the name should be removed/censored.

i have no alterior grudge or motive

nothing more or less than what you would of ALREADY done in the past.

That's a fair criticism. Here's what I have done in the past:
When a user is a regular at the site (I think I defined that as 500+ posts at one point), they may link to their commercial interest in their sig and they may start one thread about it.

The only time I ever censored a site name is when somebody came in for the sole purpose of spamming. I generally redirected the site's URL back to ChiefsPlanet.

But that's entirely up to whomever runs the site now.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 01:10 PM
For re-directing from their site to yours.

That's an administrative issue. Nick handles all that. I don't know how all that works.

kpic
01-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Ok......now wait......what is this "Warpaint Illustrated" & "$80.00" talk all about?

MOhillbilly
01-05-2006, 01:35 PM
yeah, but does the owner of ESPN post here and lecture you for not respecting him "laying it on the line?

do ESPN employees monitor every thread and cry about evey joke made at ESPN's expense? every....single...one?

does ESPN insist you care about "scoops" and "sources" and "press passes" when you could give a flying ****?

does ESPN hire fish to write their articles?

I can read through all the bullshit same as the next guy.
Simple.

I havent had any problems because i dont make it personal,its not what i care about.
I care about KC CHIEFS FOOTBALL AND THE NFL.

Nick Athan
01-05-2006, 01:43 PM
If you want to refinance, just Google Mr. Nick Athan and Ill be glad to assist you.

Also, my sources have led me to some incredible scoops.

http://www.fritolay.com/images/cm/tostitos_scoops.gif

It is confirmed, that these scoops will NOT cause Anal leakage.

Hoover
01-05-2006, 01:44 PM
I can read through all the bullshit same as the next guy.
Simple.

I havent had any problems because i dont make it personal,its not what i care about.
I care about KC CHIEFS FOOTBALL AND THE NFL.
Its not all about football to me, its about a community of Chiefs Fans. I love it here, since Phobia went to WI, I think he should hang out at his own BB, if we want to see him we have the address. I like the dude, but this drama would be over if He and Nick would just stay away.

Its like the exgirlfriend who keeps coming over to your house. While their are some benefits (sex), you just need to tell the crazy bitch its over and not to come back so both of you can move on.

MOhillbilly
01-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Its not all about football to me, its about a community of Chiefs Fans. I love it here, since Phobia went to WI, I think he should hang out at his own BB, if we want to see him we have the address. I like the dude, but this drama would be over if He and Nice would just stay away.

Its like the exgirlfriend who keeps coming over to your house. While their are some benefits (sex), you just need to tell the crazy bitch its over and not to come back so both of you can move on.

but its not an ex girlfriend. People are allowed to do what they want on BBs as long as it doesnt break the rules set by the Admin(my god did i just say that?)

Iowanian
01-05-2006, 01:58 PM
I'm not on board with that Hoover..

I see it more like a roomate who moved in with some broad, but still wants to drop by and have a beer once in a while.

KCTitus
01-05-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm not on board with that Hoover..

I see it more like a roomate who moved in with some broad, but still wants to drop by and have a beer once in a while.

Except that his 'broad' keeps coming over and ranting about how I need to clean up, stop partying and get serious and how she's the model girlfriend and good wife material.

Hoover
01-05-2006, 02:00 PM
But when Phobia made up his mind to go to WI, and make a huge deal about it, he should stay away. I think he posts now more than he did the entire season, why is that? He was hired not to just run a BB, but to make that site better and attract new members. Its just like when a local radio station hires a rival stations talent. The person who is switching stations can't be on air for a certain amount of time. Now, I'm sure that there are contracts involved for things like that, and Phobia I'm sure didn't have a contract with the Planet, but he did have ownership.

As sad as it is I think Phil needs to stay away. We know where you are buddy.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2006, 02:01 PM
since Phobia went to WI, I think he should hang out at his own BB, if we want to see him we have the address. I like the dude, but this drama would be over if He and Nick would just stay away
i disagree... i like phil and hope he continues to post here. He has a peculiar sense of humor that's interesting.

i just want the references(by everyone) to "that other website" to disappear.

in fact, we all need to stop bumping this thread up and let it die.

Iowanian
01-05-2006, 02:03 PM
In a way, but I've seen alot more guys who live in the building bitching about her here, talking about what she was wearing at the store, making threads about how she looks fat in her new pants and how she used to play hide the tubesteak with alot of other guys last year.

Most of the wpi pain here, has been self inflicted by dipshits....not pimped by tHermon Murmon(my chosen name for a potential new coaching canidate).

Crikey hoover...Phildo has 48,000 posts.

luv
01-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Its not all about football to me, its about a community of Chiefs Fans. I love it here, since Phobia went to WI, I think he should hang out at his own BB, if we want to see him we have the address. I like the dude, but this drama would be over if He and Nick would just stay away.

It's a bulletin board! Who ****ing cares who posts where? If you don't like them, quitcher bitchin' and ignore them. Problem solved.

Donger
01-05-2006, 02:05 PM
i disagree... i like phil and hope he continues to post here. He has a peculiar sense of humor that's interesting.

i just want the references(by everyone) to "that other website" to disappear.

in fact, we all need to stop bumping this thread up and let it die.

Heh.

Oddly enough, I'm not going to spam ChiefsPlanet to pimp the new digs. You'll find us. The Internet is a small place.

Preferably, this is not "goodbye". I plan to see you at events, around town, Arrowhead, and on the other Chiefs site I'll be managing.

Dartgod
01-05-2006, 02:05 PM
It's a bulletin board! Who ****ing cares who post where? If you don't like them, quitcher bitchin' and ignore them. Problem solved.
Damn, I was just getting ready to post the exact same thing.

Nick Athan
01-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Id actually prefer if you coded something into the message board, whenever someone references "WI" Or Warfield Illustrated, that it automatically puts a link to www.warfieldillustrated.com

thanks you.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Heh.

Do you really think I'm spamming?

go bo
01-05-2006, 02:16 PM
dartggod me too...

say, why does dartgod have an extra g in it?

you are the same loveable guy that tailgates at b5, aren't you?

go bo
01-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Do you really think I'm spamming?no...

Donger
01-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Do you really think I'm spamming?

Not directly.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 02:23 PM
As sad as it is I think Phil needs to stay away.

What a load of crap.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Not directly.

Okay, then what is the point of #151?

Calcountry
01-05-2006, 02:26 PM

Go Chiefs!!Lets get one thing straight, I focus on my family, kids, business, and if I have some left over, the Chiefs. The Chiefs get the crumbs and the crust.

Heck, that is all they have given me for 34 years.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 02:27 PM
BT - the Nick Athan account you see here is a spoof.

Hoover
01-05-2006, 02:28 PM
What a load of crap.
I would love for Phil to stick around as long as we are not talking about "that other site" or him leaving the planet, or about his boss.

I just would like all the drama over this crap to end.

Donger
Okay, then what is the point of #151?

"Preferably, this is not "goodbye". I plan to see you at events, around town, Arrowhead, and on the other Chiefs site I'll be managing"

The above seems to imply that you had chosen not to post here any longer. Yet you are here now. One conclusion that could be reached is that you are here in an attempt to draw traffic. If that's the case, I'd call that indirect spamming.

"Oddly enough, I'm not going to spam ChiefsPlanet to pimp the new digs. You'll find us. The Internet is a small place."

See above.

Don't get me wrong; I think it's good that you're still around.

Rausch
Except that his 'broad' keeps coming over and ranting about how I need to clean up, stop partying and get serious and how she's the model girlfriend and good wife material.

I tend to tune broads out after 4 or 5 words anyway.

kcfanXIII
i personally love rivalries. and this is what its about in my eyes. since high school i have had no GOOD personal rivalries. sure i still hate the raiders broncos and yankees, but thats not really personal. not likeing the guys a warpaint, gives me somewhat of a rivalry in my life. who's with me? join the **** warpaint club

Dartgod
01-05-2006, 02:29 PM
me too...

say, why does dartgod have an extra g in it?

you are the same loveable guy that tailgates at b5, aren't you?
Yeah, it's me. There was a thread about Gregg Williams awhile back and someone (I think it was Rainman) said they didn't trust anyone with an extra "G" in their name. So, naturally, I had a mod add one to mine.

Mile High Mania
It's always the kids that suffer and are caught in the middle of a messy divorce.

Taco John
like the dude, but this drama would be over if He and Nick would just stay away.

No it wouldn't. That's stupid. Nick Athan bashing took place here long before Phobia did anything. It's always been an attraction. There has always been Nick Athan bashing threads in this place since he first started up at WPI.

I'll give you that it was an incredibly stupid and immature thing for Nick to start this thread. Dude has less sense than a bowl of big toes. But none of this is going to stop, ever. There will always be Whitlock bashing on this board. There will always be Rufus bashing on this board. There will always be Teicher bashing on this board. There will always be Rhonda bashing on this board. There will always be a media war on this board. It's part of the KC experience.

Phil is not going to change that no matter what he does. Neither will Athan. It is written. It is done.

Shut up Nick and just do your job. You're not going to win by leveling with a pack of rabid dogs. You're going to win by doing your job in a way that gains credibility. That means knock off the speculative reporting and JUST REPORT THE NEWS.

luv
01-05-2006, 02:30 PM
I would hope so. No way would someone who publishes articles spell that badly.

Rausch
01-05-2006, 02:30 PM
I would love for Phil to stick around as long as we are not talking about "that other site" or him leaving the planet, or about his boss.

There is no drama other than what you're creating.

I talk about my job on here but I'm not spamming people to eat pizza.

Taco John
01-05-2006, 02:32 PM
What kind of pizza should I eat, Brad?

luv
01-05-2006, 02:33 PM
There is no drama other than what you're creating.

I talk about my job on here but I'm not spamming people to eat pizza.
Like the new avatar.

ChiTown
01-05-2006, 02:34 PM
What a load of crap.

Don't pout. You can still massage Phil's sack on WP_I.........

Hell, I bet he'll even waive $20 off the annual membership if you agree to swallow.

;)

ChiTown
01-05-2006, 02:35 PM

ROFL

That's just too funny...

luv
01-05-2006, 02:35 PM

Hell, I bet he'll even waive $20 off the annual membership if you agree to swallow.

;)
BAAAAAD mental images! :Lin:

Phobia
01-05-2006, 02:36 PM
"Preferably, this is not "goodbye". I plan to see you at events, around town, Arrowhead, and on the other Chiefs site I'll be managing"

The above seems to imply that you had chosen not to post here any longer. Yet you are here now. One conclusion that could be reached is that you are here in an attempt to draw traffic. If that's the case, I'd call that indirect spamming.

"Oddly enough, I'm not going to spam ChiefsPlanet to pimp the new digs. You'll find us. The Internet is a small place."

See above.

Don't get me wrong; I think it's good that you're still around.

Yeah - I changed my mind. I stayed away for almost 3 weeks and lurked. I don't remember what pushed me over, but I think it was probably an Athan thread. I'm thrilled you guys are talking about the site. That's cool by me. Beyond what you see in my sig and maybe an occasional thread about events around town Harrahs tonight (http://mb27.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=7823.topic) I have no intention of spamming.

kcfanXIII
mmmm, pizza.

Mile High Mania
A lot of the drama is self inflicted... and it's a bit expected considering that Phobia was the big toe of Sgt Hulka's foot around here. It was a shock when he bailed, and since then there's been the obvious curiousity about what's going on with his new digs.

Athan bashing jumped to an all-time new high and some of it was to point, laugh and question out loud why Phobia would leave for that place. It's to be expected, as TJ pointed out... Athan was the butt of many jokes here for a long time before Phobia joined his team.

Now, when Athan posts here ... then you guys have all the right in the world to kick him in the nards. I have no issues with Phobia, but when he comes on and defends or pimps his new place, yeah - you have all the right to kick him in the nards.

Many of you are active members of both sites now... it was inevitable. Again, a lot of the WI vs CP crap is created by the CP faithful that continue to post threads about WI here.

End the insanity...

Rausch
01-05-2006, 02:37 PM
What kind of pizza should I eat, Brad?

I'd recomend thin crust.

More carb-diet friendly...
:)

Donger
01-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Yeah - I changed my mind. I stayed away for almost 3 weeks and lurked. I don't remember what pushed me over, but I think it was probably an Athan thread. I'm thrilled you guys are talking about the site. That's cool by me. Beyond what you see in my sig and maybe an occasional thread about events around town Harrahs tonight (http://mb27.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=7823.topic) I have no intention of spamming.

ROFL

Oh, and I just figured out why you chose your username. Pathetic, I know.

Iowanian
01-05-2006, 02:38 PM
I swear...

this crap is about enough to make me do the crap ass work sitting in front of me.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 02:39 PM

Actually, uh - yes they can. And have. Which is part of what the Athan bashing is all about.

kcfanXIII
did anyone really think phobia would stay away? you know he had to get board talking to the same 10 fans all the time.

Mr. Laz

;)
http://img307.exs.cx/img307/1214/rolling3hk6gu.gif (http://www.imageshack.us)http://img307.exs.cx/img307/7601/hysterical3iz0gy.gif (http://www.imageshack.us)http://img307.exs.cx/img307/1214/rolling3hk6gu.gif (http://www.imageshack.us)http://img307.exs.cx/img307/7601/hysterical3iz0gy.gif (http://www.imageshack.us)

SPchief
01-05-2006, 02:40 PM

Did you read the first unedited post??

Phobia
01-05-2006, 02:40 PM
I swear...

this crap is about enough to make me do the crap ass work sitting in front of me.

Your employer put me up to it.

luv
01-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Actually, uh - yes they can. And have. Which is part of what the Athan bashing is all about.
I guess I should have put and around the last part of that post. My bad. :)

KCTitus
01-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Shut up Nick and just do your job. You're not going to win by leveling with a pack of rabid dogs. You're going to win by doing your job in a way that gains credibility. That means knock off the speculative reporting and JUST REPORT THE NEWS.

I agree...

Hoover
Iowanian you have work to do?

Hmmm, I find that odd knowing what you do.

luv
Did you read the first unedited post??
Yes, I did. Can't a girl have a sense of humor? At least Chi got it.

Rausch

It's the main reason I bash him.

Hey, I have spelling errors as well, but people don't pay to read my $#it. And I don't have to worry about credibility.

I don't have any... :)

Chris Mortensen
01-05-2006, 02:43 PM

Ya think?? :hmmm:

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 02:43 PM

Then maybe the retards who instigate the pile-ons should SHUT UP.

Donger
01-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Then maybe the retards who instigate the pile-ons should SHUT UP.

I've not read the entire thread, but do you think that it's inappropriate for Athan to have posted this thread?

Hammock Parties

;)

I rarely post there and would never pay for any message board.*

*Excluding one possibility

Rausch
I've not read the entire thread, but do you think that it's inappropriate for Athan to have posted this thread?

No.

Nick Athan

Seriosly, What our you saying? Luckily, we at WarfieldIllustrated.com have lured the finest proff readers so that are articals are perfect. Spellings arent my greatest subject but we love are Chiefs!!

pm me if you need refinancing, seriosly.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 02:47 PM
I guess I should have put and around the last part of that post. My bad. :)

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were funny. Send out a memo next time. ;)

Taco John
I agree...

Kumbayah brother...

Donger
I rarely post there and would never pay for any message board.*

*Excluding one possibility

Super Flex: The Art of Self-blowjob Techniques?

Rausch
Seriosly, What our you saying? Luckily, we at WarfieldIllustrated.com have lured the finest proff readers so that are articals are perfect. Spellings arent my greatest subject but we love are Chiefs!!

ROFL

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 02:48 PM

Inappropriate? No. Wise? No.

He had good intentions. I don't really have a problem with the post.

Donger
Inappropriate? No. Wise? No.

He had good intentions. I don't really have a problem with the post.

How do you know he had good intentions?

ChiTown
No.

Agreed.

It's the best way to poach for new business............

Hammock Parties

ROFL

This is so ironic considering kcnut has a column over there.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 02:49 PM

I'm always right.

Donger
01-05-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm always right.

Bullsh*t. You can't even spell Light Sabre correctly.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Super Flex: The Art of Self-blowjob Techniques?

That one is free.

Rausch
01-05-2006, 02:51 PM

You'd have to be pretty insecure to assume that Athan starting a thread will lead to some mass-CP exodus.

ChiTown
ROFL

GTFO. Are you serious? Please tell me this was just WP_I's way of "reaching out to the mentally handicapped". You know, kinda like how McDonalds will employ a retard............

jspchief

Nick just needs to realize that we're not his target demographic. His business model is preying on the passion of uninformed Chiefs fans to sell subscriptions. Any Chiefs fan that has any sense knows his magazine is pure fluff, and the substance on his website is either bullshit or common knowledge.

He's not interested in being Woodward and Bernstein, or reporting the facts. He's interested in suckering in fools with carefully worded flashy headlines and articles, designed to say enough to peak interest, while leaving a back door to slither out through.

Keep doing your thing Nick. You've found a niche. Just realize that the more savvy fans in this world are always going to recognize your horseshit, and point it out to others. You're never going to win us over because at best you'll never be anything other than one of many sources to the same common knowledge news.

Rausch
ROFL

Get the **** out... ROFL

Taco John

You think he's got bad intention here? His motive is merely to get people off his back and give him a chance. He's here crying uncle. What's bad about that?

It's not smart, but the intentions are definitely good ones.

Logical
01-05-2006, 02:52 PM
I am sorry but in my view the reason your group was selected is that the Chiefs feel your group can be manipulated to their own ends. You folks are being used and made to look bad by the organization.

I will remind you of the old Journalism class axiom, never go to print with news that does not have two separate confirmed sources. If you are printing rumors be sure to clearly state such when writing a story.

Good luck Nick

Donger
01-05-2006, 02:52 PM
You'd have to be pretty insecure to assume that Athan starting a thread will lead to some mass-CP exodus.

I'm not assuming anything. Gochiefs seemed to be stating that as fact, not opinion.

That's why I asked.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 02:53 PM
ROFL

You know what was totally ironic? When kcnut submitted his first article, Nick cleaned it all up and published it on the website. I was like, WTF is the point now? Now Brad has a weekly thread. I don't know if you can call that a column.

Donger
01-05-2006, 02:54 PM
You think he's got bad intention here? His motive is merely to get people off his back and give him a chance. He's here crying uncle. What's bad about that?

It's not smart, but the intentions are definitely good ones.

Possibly. Although I fail I see why he cares, unless he has an ulterior motive.

Bootlegged
Um, the Nick Athan handle guy is a spoof.

The real NAthan is Huddleclubkid for some ****ing reason. Suprised that is spelled right. Or is it?

Phobia
I am sorry but in my view the reason your group was selected is that the Chiefs feel your group can be manipulated to their own ends. You folks are being used and made to look bad by the organization.

I will remind you of the old Journalism class axiom, never go to print with news that does not have two separate confirmed sources. If you are printing rumors be sure to clearly state such when writing a story.

Good luck Nick

BWAHAHAHAHAHA
http://web2.airmail.net/pirate/hooked1.gif

ChiTown
You know what was totally ironic? When kcnut submitted his first article, Nick cleaned it all up and published it on the website. I was like, WTF is the point now? Now Brad has a weekly thread. I don't know if you can call that a column.

It's WP_I's version of "Give a Tard a JOB" Program.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Get the **** out... ROFL

It grate stuff...I nefer mis an edishun of The Essex View.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 02:56 PM

I saw that. ROFL

tk13
01-05-2006, 02:56 PM
I've said this before, but Athan needs to learn to just say screw off to everyone and do his thing. He obviously still hasn't learned it yet. People bash Whitlock on this website every single day, but you never see him come in and try to defend himself like this. He's come in and traded some barbs, but he never takes himself too seriously. If you want to come in and brag about what you do and be on TV/radio and be a public figure, you have to be prepared to be treated like one.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 02:57 PM
It's WP_I's version of "Give a Tard a JOB" Program.

It's entertaining and the kid enjoys doing it. 2 birds - one stone. I aim to please.

ChiTown
01-05-2006, 02:57 PM

Good luck Nick

Totally agree, Vlad

ROFL

Dartgod
01-05-2006, 02:59 PM

Good luck Nick

Pssssst......

Taco John
01-05-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm half tempted to start a "Let's focus on Taco John not Athan" Thread to spoof this one...

Logical
01-05-2006, 03:02 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
http://web2.airmail.net/pirate/hooked1.gif

I am probably reading this wrong, but I take it to mean you know you are being used by the Chiefs and think it is worth it. If you simply mean I took the bait to take the trouble to respond to Nick, then I am guilty and won't waste my time in the future.

Rausch
01-05-2006, 03:04 PM
I'm half tempted to start a "Let's focus on Taco John not Athan" Thread to spoof this one...

I'd wait.

Depending on how the playoffs go you might have a 3 year old quote/thread to bump...

jspchief
01-05-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm half tempted to start a "Let's focus on Taco John not Athan" Thread to spoof this one...Not getting enough attention?

Jealousy is a bitch.

Hoover
I am probably reading this wrong, but I take it to mean you know you are being used by the Chiefs and think it is worth it. If you simply mean I took the bait to take the trouble to respond to Nick, then I am guilty and won't waste my time in the future.
ahhhhhhhh old people....

You quoted a user named Nick Anthan, Nick's user name is HuddleClubKid.

Do you want me to come over and help you set up your VCR too?

Taco John
I'd wait.

Depending on how the playoffs go you might have a 3 year old quote/thread to bump...

Oh, believe me... I think about it at least once a day in giddy anticipation.

Hammock Parties

You're entertaining as hell.

Bootlegged
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/5827/hermedwardsa9cp.jpg

Logical
Pssssst......Thanks Dartgod, I admit I have not read the entire thread. Let me just say that whoever did the spoof did an excellent job. Nick should probably still pay attention to those like me who took the bait and gave serious feedback, it certainly could improve his efforts reputation.

Taco John
01-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Not getting enough attention?

Jealousy is a bitch.

EXACTLY! This new hussy is stealing all of my attention! And MY team is in the playoffs!

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Oh, believe me... I think about it at least once a day in giddy anticipation.

Is that the "Super Bowl before a playoff game" thing?

Rausch
01-05-2006, 03:07 PM

Mine is better.

That one was........incomplete...

KCTitus
Pssssst......

Dart: Just curious, when did the 2nd 'g' appear in your nick?

Bootlegged
Mine is better.

That one was........incomplete...

I like him staying in green.

Taco John

Oh you whore! You just pulled the head off of Mickey Mouse at Disneyland right in front of "It's a Small World!"

YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

dirk digler
01-05-2006, 03:08 PM
EXACTLY! This new hussy is stealing all of my attention! And MY team is in the playoffs!

Playoffs? What's that?

Rausch
01-05-2006, 03:09 PM
I like him staying in green.
ROFL

Taco John
01-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Is that the "Super Bowl before a playoff game" thing?

Ahhhh... Yes. It ties in directly with a conversation we were having years ago. In fact, historied Planeteers know how my avatar directly ties into that discussion.

So shall it be written...

Logical
01-05-2006, 03:10 PM
ahhhhhhhh old people....

You quoted a user named Nick Anthan, Nick's user name is HuddleClubKid.

Do you want me to come over and help you set up your VCR too?

Actually you should have read the entire thread post. I have quoted it below and bolded the relative parts for those who did not have the patience to read it all. I was kind enough to remove the majority to preserve unneeded duplication

HuddleClubKid[/b]]First and foremost above anything else I'm very flattered that so many of you talk about me, Phil and what we do at Warpaint Illustrated on Chiefs Planet. I hope this post will help resolve some of the issues.

Be well Planet Members and have a Great New Year!!!

Go CHIEFS!!!

Nick Athan
Publisher
Warpaint Illustrated

Yes I now know it was a sppof however, I admit I did not read anything but the thread post when I responded.

dirk digler
01-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Ahhhh... Yes. It ties in directly with a conversation we were having years ago. In fact, historied Planeteers know how my avatar directly ties into that discussion.

So shall it be written...

Enlighten me oh great Taco Juan

Taco John
01-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Enlighten me oh great Taco Juan

Unfortunately, I cannot make direct reference to it, for I would jinx it for certain. In fact, forget I said anything.

Dartgod
01-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Dart: Just curious, when did the 2nd 'g' appear in your nick?
Yeah, it's me. There was a thread about Gregg Williams awhile back and someone (I think it was Rainman) said they didn't trust anyone with an extra "G" in their name. So, naturally, I had a mod add one to mine.

Taco John
I will say this... Should it come true, I will be granted the ultimate redemption. It would be glorious indeed.

dirk digler
Unfortunately, I cannot make direct reference to it, for I would jinx it for certain. In fact, forget I said anything.

To bad we don't have a Planet history book laying around