PDA

View Full Version : Herm Edwards is gone from Jets

picasso
01-05-2006, 06:18 PM
As announced on NFL network it is final Herm Edwards has left the Jets and will not return next season. :clap:

nychief
01-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Watch him sign with the Raiders and kick our ass for a couple of years - then gochief and the rest of the kiddies will cry "why didn't CP just cough up the picks!"

Ah, day dreaming.

NaptownChief
01-05-2006, 06:20 PM
As announced on NFL network it is final Herm Edwards has left the Jets and will not return next season. :clap:

Hopefully that means they just fired him and didn't leave because some less than brilliant NFL GM that resides in the midwest happen to send them some draft picks?

Imon Yourside
01-05-2006, 06:21 PM
a certain feeling of Oh Sh!t just came over me, Carl is free to really fug this one up.

mlyonsd
01-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Watch him sign with the Raiders and kick our ass for a couple of years - then gochief and the rest of the kiddies will cry "why didn't CP just cough up the picks!"

Ah, day dreaming.

I'm more afraid of Saunders going to Oakland.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2006, 06:22 PM

i just heard a blip on NFL network that talked about Edwards being "closer" to leaving new york.

so i don't know whether your "final" is really final.

Warrior5
01-05-2006, 06:22 PM
still waiting for kcnut's confirmation.

...wondering if kcnut even posts any more.

Imon Yourside
01-05-2006, 06:24 PM

Even Al couldn't combat the negatives of the emperors stranglehold on that team.

NaptownChief
01-05-2006, 06:24 PM
well ... no picks for edwards is sure a heck alot better than trading for that biatch.

i'm still not sold on him though ... seems pretty "bleh" to me.

zactly...if you are going to be forced to eat a shit burger hopefully you at least didn't have to pay for it.

4th and Long
01-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Cue the smoke machine.
Lights ...
Camera ...
and ...
ACTION!

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1940/hermfilm3ru.jpg

chiefsfaninNC
01-05-2006, 06:25 PM

I would love to see another offensive genius fail in Oakland.

VonneMarie
01-05-2006, 06:26 PM
YES!!!!

4th and Long
01-05-2006, 06:28 PM
YES!!!!
WTF are you doing over there? Was that the "O Scream" or what?

Mr. Laz
01-05-2006, 06:29 PM
do tell, Marie?

inquiring minds want to know. :hmmm:

VonneMarie
Nothing, oh dirty minded one. :shake:

FAX
Okay ... I'm confused.

Why would the Jets fire HE before finalizing negotiations that could land them some of our really cool draft picks? Does this make sense to anybody?

FAX THE LIKES DRAFT PICKS BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD

WilliamTheIrish
01-05-2006, 06:30 PM

Ah, day dreaming.

How 'whitty'.

VonneMarie
01-05-2006, 06:31 PM
do tell, Marie?

inquiring minds want to know. :hmmm:
I just realized we still owe the Jets draft picks, were we to still go after Hermie. :huh:

picasso
No deal made yet between managements but they did say that it was official that Edwards will not return and the Jets are looking for his replacement. As I thought Edwards would have stayed in NY if they would have payed him but they didn't. The interviewed Vilma on the phone and he said he spoke with other players and they were told that he would not return as of early this morning.

Mr. Laz
just saw another lead-in for the upcoming stories.

"Well Herm Edward's future is still up in the air in New York ........."

looking like this thread might be nuthook material

KC Dan
01-05-2006, 06:32 PM
I guarantee that if it is being reported that Edwards has left the Jets then its because they got the compensation they wanted from Carl. They didn't fire him. The trade will just be reported tomorrow.

nychief
01-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Cue the smoke machine.
Lights ...
Camera ...
and ...
ACTION!

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1940/hermfilm3ru.jpg

pretty good.

picasso
01-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Okay ... I'm confused.

Why would the Jets fire HE before finalizing negotiations that could land them some of our really cool draft picks? Does this make sense to anybody?

FAX THE LIKES DRAFT PICKS BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD
I am confused about that to but apparently he still has a contract and the stipulations are that any team would have to negotiate for his services since he is leaving with 2 years left.

Mr. Laz
I just realized we still owe the Jets draft picks, were we to still go after Hermie. :huh:not really, hon

if they fire Edwards, he's a free agent ... no draft picks necessary.

nychief
How 'whitty'.

That was Martyocre.

Hammock Parties
I am going to ride Germ like a two-dollar whore all year.

If you would like to join my upcoming GERM WARFARE anti-edwards club, send me a PM!

VonneMarie
01-05-2006, 06:34 PM
not really, hon

if they fire Edwards, he's a free agent ... no draft picks necessary.
No he walked away...

Mr. Laz
I am confused about that to but apparently he still has a contract and the stipulations are that any team would have to negotiate for his services since he is leaving with 2 years left.

depends on whether they fire him or he left i would guess.

nychief

If you would like to join my upcoming GERM WARFARE anti-edwards club, send me a PM!

the thought of you riding any sort of whore just made me vomit in my mouth.

milkman
01-05-2006, 06:35 PM
I just realized we still owe the Jets draft picks, were we to still go after Hermie. :huh:

If he quit, that's true.

If they fired him (highly unlikely), then he could be signed for free.

Hammock Parties

Germ makes me vomit in my mouth.

KC Dan
Herm is a male, go figure.....

picasso
just saw another lead-in for the upcoming stories.

"Well Herm Edward's future is still up in the air in New York ........."

looking like this thread might be nuthook material

Nut hook my ass!!
It was the top story of NFL network on the evening show.
NOT IF....
NOT WHEN......
But Edwards has parted ways with the Jets!!!

nychief
01-05-2006, 06:36 PM
How 'whitty'.

you did get me on the misspelling, though. :clap:

VonneMarie
01-05-2006, 06:36 PM
If he quit, that's true.

If they fired him (highly unlikely), then he could be signed for free.
He walked away, he's still Jet property.

FAX
01-05-2006, 06:38 PM
I guarantee that if it is being reported that Edwards has left the Jets then its because they got the compensation they wanted from Carl. They didn't fire him. The trade will just be reported tomorrow.

Am I losing my draft pick crazy mind? Either he's employed or not. If employed, compensation must be paid, right? If not employed, he's on the market, right?

Or, is there some nutty draft pick rule in the NFL that says that once you start talking draft picks, you must continue talking draft picks until draft picks are exchanged or until you keel over in a drooling stupor as the final words 'draft pick' escape from your phlem-blocked throat?

FAX THE CAUGHT UP IN THE NINTH CIRCLE OF DRAFT PICK HELL

Wile_E_Coyote
01-05-2006, 06:38 PM
they still own him for two years, walk away or not...sigh

jjchieffan
01-05-2006, 06:39 PM

Gee, if Gun is retained, how will you ever find time to bash them both. Herm is not my first choice, but if he is our next coach, we need to give him a chance, otherwise, we are no better than fatlock

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Gee, if Gun is retained, how will you ever find time to bash them both. Herm is not my first choice, but if he is our next coach, we need to give him a chance, otherwise, we are no better than fatlock

Gunther is a likable guy. Germ is a jackass.

VonneMarie
01-05-2006, 06:40 PM
What if he retired saying he didn't want to be HC of the Chiefs? :eek:

KC Dan
01-05-2006, 06:41 PM
still owe jets compensation, just like vermeil & the lambs

FAX
01-05-2006, 06:41 PM

I guess we'd just have to hand him some consolation draft picks.

No alternative.

FAX THE SUFFERING FROM ADVANCED STAGES OF DRAFT PICK MADNESS

picasso
01-05-2006, 06:42 PM
They are playing clips at every break of Edwards speaking to the team in the locker room and his colorful weekly announcments.

VonneMarie
01-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Well poop on a stick.

VonneMarie
01-05-2006, 06:44 PM
They are playing clips at every break of Edwards speaking to the team in the locker room and his colorful weekly announcments.
Have they played the "play to win the game!" one yet? ROFL

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 06:45 PM
JOIN THE REVOLUTION! BECOME A GERM WARFARE MEMBER TODAY!!!

We have already doubled our numbers.

OldTownChief
Gunther is a likable guy. Germ is a jackass.

You gotta be able to do better than that if you want to drive the waggon. Maybe I missed it but please explain your dis-like for Herm.

Hammock Parties
You gotta be able to do better than that if you want to drive the waggon. Maybe I missed it but please explain your dis-like for Herm.

I've explained it numerous times. I'm done explaining myself. You will see the light soon enough.

nychief
01-05-2006, 06:46 PM

Whitlock likes the hire:

Here are your 10 NFL Truths for Week 1 of the playoffs:

10. When Herm Edwards can follow up the Pittsburgh playoff meltdown with a 4-12 season and still have a half-dozen NFL franchises interested in his services, it's safe to say the minority coaching issue is dead in the NFL.

I'm a Herm Edwards fan. I hope the Chiefs complete a deal with the Jets and land Edwards as the successor to Dick Vermeil. The injuries that decimated the 2005 Jets can't be pinned on Edwards. He's a good coach who has a chance to be a great one.

But if it was 1995 and Herm was white, you'd be reading about how Herm was just another white coach with no clock-management skills recycled by the good-old-boy network. You'd probably be reading it in this column.

Instead, it's 2006. Marvin Lewis, Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith have completed remarkable regular seasons. And Herm is just another black coach with questionable clock-management skills who is being recycled by the NFL's good-old-boy network.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Seriously, NFL owners want to win, and they don't care all that much about the color of their football coach anymore. If anything, with a league that boasts rosters dominated by African-Americans, the owners probably feel black head coaches might have a better chance at reaching the players.

Given the success of Lewis, Dungy and Smith, and given the fact that the NFL is a copycat league, I'm not sure the league will need the rule requiring owners to interview minority candidates.

We can quit discussing race when it comes to NFL head coaches and job opportunities. Let me get the ball rolling: Mike Singletary is the best young assistant coach on the market.

nychief
01-05-2006, 06:47 PM

Herm stole his Hans Solo figure.

Hammock Parties
10. When Herm Edwards can follow up the Pittsburgh playoff meltdown with a 4-12 season and still have a half-dozen NFL franchises interested in his services, it's safe to say the minority coaching issue is dead in the NFL. .

That is a joke. What franchises?

Whitlock likes Herm Edwards for one reason. He's BLACK.

NaptownChief
they still own him for two years, walk away or not...sigh

If he resigned/retired that would be the case, but not if the fired him....That said if they fired him and part of the buyout negotiations included him agreeing to not coaching elsewhere for the remaining length of the contract they bought out then they will be owed something to break the agreement.

VonneMarie
01-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Who cares what that fat bastard likes? Did you know he's a huge fan Ryan Leaf???

BigRock
01-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Johnathan Vilma confirmed that Herm told him he was leaving.

nychief
01-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Who cares what that fat bastard likes? Did you know he's a huge fan Ryan Leaf???

Don't care - thought others might.

dirk digler
01-05-2006, 06:52 PM
I am hoping this saga is over with for good so we can move on.

tk13
01-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Much like the coach of Belichickian greatness spurned the marshes of the Meadowlands for a long lost forlorn franchise, the prophets proclaim a 2nd creature shall spurn forth from the loins of North Jersey, leaving destruction and anger in his wake, to come to the land where failure is common is trust is much less hard to find. Having learnedeth from his most solemn mistakes, he will quietly set forth on a new mission, to bring glory to where it doth not shineth for over twice a fortnight of years. The legend telleth that this bringer of much confusion shall lead his pack of native tribesmen forward, to victory, bringing great joy to where it hath not shined, and leaving the swampy loins from where he began amiss and distraught, until they shall poketh their eyes out, much like Oepidus, too disturbed to view the ragged remains of a once Namathized franchise.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar188_4.gif

Bootlegged
01-05-2006, 06:53 PM
**** this. I just hope zero draft picks were given.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-05-2006, 06:54 PM
yes, Whitlock, get Millen excited & he will offer up 2 first rounders!

Logical
still waiting for kcnut's confirmation.

...wondering if kcnut even posts any more.I believe he has an exclusive rights contract with WPI.

Hammock Parties
AND GERM WARFARE WILL STRIKE DOWN UPON THEE WITH GREAT VENGEANCE AND FURIOUS ANGER THOSE WHO ATTEMPT TO POISON AND DESTROY MY TEAM. AND YOU WILL KNOW MY NAME IS GOCHIEFS WHEN I LAY MY VENGEANCE UPON THEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

milkman
01-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Johnathan Vilma confirmed that Herm told him he was leaving.

He also said that Hermie told him,

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE NEGOTIATIONS!".

VonneMarie
01-05-2006, 06:57 PM
He also said that Hermie told him,

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE NEGOTIATIONS!".
Oh, that's rep. ROFL

Wile_E_Coyote
01-05-2006, 06:57 PM
"It's not the skill, it's the gleam!"

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 06:58 PM
What a joke this guy is.

New York reporters were laughing out loud at his press conferences.

the Talking Can
01-05-2006, 06:58 PM
I believe he has an exclusive rights contract with WPI.

I think he's their Editor.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 06:59 PM
Cry some more about the media, jackass.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 07:00 PM
"press conference, over"

ROFL

tk13
01-05-2006, 07:00 PM
What a joke this guy is.

New York reporters were laughing out loud at his press conferences.
Yeah, that's really the only reason I want to hire the guy, just to watch all you people meltdown over his press conferences. If my team's gonna suck I might as well watch you all have a mental breakdown while I'm at it... ROFL

4th and Long
01-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Can i get a recap please?

Bob Dole
01-05-2006, 07:01 PM
John Clayton was just on ESPN News and said nothing about Herm being officially done.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Seriously.

Awwww did widdle hewm get his feewings huwt by da media?

We can keep this smiley, BTW... :deevee:

VonneMarie
01-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah, that's really the only reason I want to hire the guy, just to watch all you people meltdown over his press conferences. If my team's gonna suck I might as well watch you all have a mental breakdown while I'm at it... ROFL
It's better then crying every time the wind blows...

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 07:03 PM

Nothing much was reported.

Just that he was done in New York.

No one one knows what the deal is or if it's done. Probably is, but not confirmed.

4th and Long
01-05-2006, 07:04 PM

No one one knows what the deal is or if it's done. Probably is, but not confirmed.
Thank you.

tk13
01-05-2006, 07:05 PM
It's better then crying every time the wind blows...
Honestly I could give a crap about all that. DV crying, Herm getting mad at the media, I don't care...

Really, how many times have people on this board taken a question from DV's press conferences and gone "WTF??? That's the dumbest question ever." Blah blah why doesn't DV say something about it. How he holds a press conference is irrelevant to me. If I wanted a good public speaker we could hire Bill Clinton to be head coach.

tomahawk kid
01-05-2006, 07:07 PM

I hope Herm comes to your house, drills your mom, pees on your Darth Vader limited edition action figure (after removing it from it's original packaging) and then shoves your Luke Skywalker light saber up your Obi-Wan.

Logical
01-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Honestly I could give a crap about all that. DV crying, Herm getting mad at the media, I don't care...

Really, how many times have people on this board taken a question from DV's press conferences and gone "WTF??? That's the dumbest question ever." Blah blah why doesn't DV say something about it. How he holds a press conference is irrelevant to me. If I wanted a good public speaker we could hire Bill Clinton to be head coach.I also think we are much more likely to get truthful answers from Herm, to an extent. Personally I like the coaches who get up in the faces of the media, they are much more entertaining.

HemiEd
01-05-2006, 07:08 PM

Chiefs may have Herm Edwards as a Head Coach. Best I can come up with after reading this whole thing and drinking three JDs and Coke.

Dayze
I'm on board with Herm.
Anything is going to more interesting than a coach who rattles off pointless stats about an offense when the team didn't do d*ck (no pun intended).

If I'm wrong about Herm and the Chiefs tank I'll be the first to admit I was mistaken. What's the worst that could happen? Not winning a playoff game in 14 years; 2 winning seasons in 8 years?

:p

tomahawk kid

Really, how many times have people on this board taken a question from DV's press conferences and gone "WTF??? That's the dumbest question ever." Blah blah why doesn't DV say something about it. How he holds a press conference is irrelevant to me. If I wanted a good public speaker we could hire Bill Clinton to be head coach.

Never happen.

Clinton has gotten ahead in other areas.

ZING!

I'll be here all week folks....tip your waitresses.

VonneMarie
01-05-2006, 07:09 PM
I hope Herm comes to your house, drills your mom, pees on your Darth Vader limited edition action figure (after removing it from it's original packaging) and then shoves your Luke Skywalker light saber up your Obi-Wan.
This entire thread is rep worthy. ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
01-05-2006, 07:10 PM
you did get me on the misspelling, though. :clap:

we're just going to have to agree to disagree on the Herm.

The guy sucks and I would pray that some other incredibly stupid team (raiders) would trade draft picks for guy capable of being a really, really good DB coach.

the Talking Can
01-05-2006, 07:10 PM
I can feel it falling apart.

Bootlegged
01-05-2006, 07:13 PM
I can feel it. His manmeat makes me so happy

Jesus, man. Take it to another forum.

Bwana
01-05-2006, 07:14 PM

Golden! ROFL

the Talking Can
01-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Jesus, man. Take it to another forum.

uh, yeah....

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 07:15 PM

He's emotionally unstable.

If he lets a little thing like the media upset him, how is he going to handle important coaching duties?

Shanahan, Holmgren, Belichick....they aren't emotionally unstable.

nychief
01-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Does anyone else feel that gochiefs hatred for Herm is the lamest thing in memory? It seems like he is really grasping for an identity....

Bwana
01-05-2006, 07:17 PM

If he lets a little thing like the media upset him, how is he going to handle important coaching duties?

And which one of those three has a shot of being the Chiefs head coach next year Ace?

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Germites: How do you feel about a head coach that abandons his team? That's what Germ is doing.

nascher
yes

WilliamTheIrish

I'm sure your advanced degrees in psychology help in diagnosing Herm.

I'll admit that the one thing I do love about H.E. is that he slaps some media folks in the face with his antics.

That's not a bad thing.(IMO)

WilliamTheIrish
Germites: How do you feel about a head coach that abandons his team? That's what Germ is doing.

Dick did it twice.

nychief
01-05-2006, 07:19 PM

Hey Porkchop,

Parcells has done it three times.... would you want parcells to coach the chiefs?

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 07:20 PM
And which one of those three has a shot of being the Chiefs head coach next year Ace?

I was simply citing good head coaches. We need someone like one of those guys.

I certainly never heard any of them talking about chickens or buses or proms, anyway.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Hey Porkchop,

Parcells has done it three times.... would you want parcells to coach the chiefs?

Nope. He's proven he's past it as well.

FAX
01-05-2006, 07:21 PM

My sources are reporting that Mike Homgren is, indeed, emotionally unstable, Mr. gochiefs. In private, he dresses up like a little girl and likes to beg for "spankies" in falsetto.

FAX

stevieray
01-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Emotionally unstable would be asking people to join you in some psuedo cause for something that hasn't even happened yet.

Bootlegged
01-05-2006, 07:28 PM
As gochiefs sits naked in his 8x6 bathroom, pulling his 3" snake to memories of Jaba, real men are working on real problems. Meanwhile, Gochiefs is working on pulling his gut back so he can see what his mom affectionately calls his "sparkplug".

OldTownChief
01-05-2006, 07:29 PM

ROFL Coming from you?

Wile_E_Coyote
01-05-2006, 07:31 PM
the media could have been used to pull attention away from a team that was falling apart at the seams & on to the Head Coach

Bwana
ROFL Coming from you?

Yeah, no shit. It's like being call an asshole by Charles Manson. :shake:

picasso
Herman isn't abandoning his team, the management wouldn't give him a bump or an extension. He is the lowest paid coach in the league for the quality of coach that he is. I'd be done with it to and so would you if you saw that an OC was getting more in three years than you would make in six. He took his team to the playoffs and he had a year this year like we did last year. I think he'll be a great leader for the Chiefs and not only that he is a coach that other players like to go and play for. Ty Law for example was thrown a bone from the Chiefs and he didn't bite. He went to play for the coach of his choice. Now if Herm comes to KC how much you wanna bet that Ty comes since his contract is up. The dude has 10 interceptions. I'd welcome it.

milkman
01-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Go Chiefs might seem a little unbalanced here, but I'm on his side.

I don't want Hermie in KC.

You can tell all about the 3 playoff appearences in 5 years.
You can tell me about the 2 playoff wins.
You can point to statistics and data that support your side.

But you are not going to convince me that we aren't in for 5 years of Martyocrity if he does land in KC.

It's an opinion based on what I've seen of the Jets on the field.
That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

Frosty
01-05-2006, 07:34 PM
My sources are reporting that Mike Homgren is, indeed, emotionally unstable, Mr. gochiefs. In private, he dresses up like a little girl and likes to beg for "spankies" in falsetto.

FAX

Thanks for that little image. :shake:

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 07:36 PM

But you are not going to convince me that we aren't in for 5 years of Martyocrity if he does land in KC.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

JOIN GERM WARFARE TODAY!

stevieray
01-05-2006, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE=SideWinder]

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.[/QUOTE=Sidewinder]

I believe you!

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Yeah, no shit. It's like being call an asshole by Charles Manson. :shake:

My skin is much thicker than Herm's. I'm not even going to bother responding to Lattimer's post.

Logical
01-05-2006, 07:39 PM

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.I completely understand why you think this way. But someone asked me a question that made me rethink it. Would you take Tony Dungy if he became available. I realized the answer was yes and realized that maybe I was too slanted against Marty related coaches.

What I am more concerned about is Carl's influence/control over Herm and who Herm has as assistants/coordinators. That and the thought of losing draft picks for him.:banghead:

Logical
01-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Emotionally unstable would be asking people to join you in some psuedo cause for something that hasn't even happened yet.Stevie does have a point.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Stevie does have a point.

I agree. I am assuming the Chiefs will not offer me an interview.

milkman
01-05-2006, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=SideWinder]

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.[/QUOTE=Sidewinder]

I believe you!

Finally, I have some credibility around here! :)

stevieray
01-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Finally, I have some credibility around here! :)

:)

milkman
01-05-2006, 07:51 PM
I completely understand why you think this way. But someone asked me a question that made me rethink it. Would you take Tony Dungy if he became available. I realized the answer was yes and realized that maybe I was too slanted against Marty related coaches.

What I am more concerned about is Carl's influence/control over Herm and who Herm has as assistants/coordinators. That and the thought of losing draft picks for him.:banghead:

I wouldn't want Dungy, either.

I readily admit that my negative bias toward Marty, and Marty clones is strong.

I'm betting he doesn't get to the SB this year.

htismaqe
01-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Goatcheese has obviously never watched a Mike Shanahan press conference. He's definitely had his moments...

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Goatcheese has obviously never watched a Mike Shanahan press conference. He's definitely had his moments...

He's never talked about chickens...

shakesthecat
01-05-2006, 07:58 PM
I wouldn't want Dungy, either.

I readily admit that my negative bias toward Marty, and Marty clones is strong.

I'm betting he doesn't get to the SB this year.

Yep.
Marty clones never win, and Penn St RB's are always busts.

milkman
01-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Yep.
Marty clones never win, and Penn St RB's are always busts.

To tell the truth, my belief that Dungy won't get to the SB this year has to do with the fact that Peyton Manning is a pussy when defenses smack him in the mouth early and often.

And he will get smacked in the mouth early and often in the playoffs.

I think Dungy was told by Polian when hired,

"Build me a defense, but stay the hell away from the offense."

Bootlegged
01-05-2006, 08:03 PM
As gochiefs sits naked in his 8x6 bathroom, pulling his 3" snake to memories of Jaba, real men are working on real problems. Meanwhile, Gochiefs is working on pulling his gut back so he can see what his mom affectionately calls his "sparkplug".

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Suddenly, Lattimer bursts in, engorged. He looks upon gochiefs lusciously. "Envelop me in your folds of passion, gochiefs," he breathes. "I need your sparkplug to get my pistons pumping! Turn my key!" Sources reported there was alot of oil leaked.

shakesthecat
01-05-2006, 08:16 PM
I think Dungy was told by Polian when hired,

"Build me a defense, but stay the hell away from the offense."

Do you really think Carl is that stupid he wouldn't say the exact same thing to Herm?

tk13
01-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Shanahan holds these giant press conferences to spend 8 hours trying to prove that his linemen don't take cheap shots or John Lynch doesn't make helmet to helmet hits. Greaaaat example.

"Look! A gust of wind came up and pushed Lynch's head upward so it looked like it hit the helmet, but there was no helmet to helmet there!"

milkman
01-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Do you really think Carl is that stupid he wouldn't say the exact same thing to Herm?

Yes, actually, I do.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Shanahan holds these giant press conferences to spend 8 hours trying to prove that his linemen don't take cheap shots or John Lynch doesn't make helmet to helmet hits. Greaaaat example.

"Look! A gust of wind came up and pushed Lynch's head upward so it looked like it hit the helmet, but there was no helmet to helmet there!"

Addressing the issue in a calm, collected, PROFESSIONAL manner is what being a head coach is all about.

Herman Edwards talks about chickens and buses.

tk13
01-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Addressing the issue in a calm, collected, PROFESSIONAL manner is what being a head coach is all about.

It makes him more of a "whiny bitch" than Herm, though. Iowanian goes around here making barnyard catchphrases all the time, and everybody loves him.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 08:25 PM
It makes him more of a "whiny bitch" than Herm, though. Iowanian goes around here making barnyard catchphrases all the time, and everybody loves him.

IOWANIAN ISNT RUNNING A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL FRANCHISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomahawk kid
01-05-2006, 08:26 PM

What if Herm were all about X-Wings and Jawas?

Would you like him then?

tk13
01-05-2006, 08:26 PM
IOWANIAN ISNT RUNNING A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL FRANCHISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well dammit, he should be.

Iowanian for HC!

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 08:29 PM

Would you like him then?

Of course not.

B-Wings and Tauntauns are where it's at.

tk13
01-05-2006, 08:29 PM

Would you like him then?
Moss: What is your plan this week?

Herm: Well, the force is strong on the defensive side this week. Use the warp thrust up the middle and immobilize the Dark Side's quarterback and we should gain advantage of their stronghold. Meanwhile, I must use my mental powers to keep the Emperor Shanahan from collapsing the entire structure of Arrowhead with his brain.

FAX
01-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Well dammit, he should be.

Iowanian for HC!

And replace Will Shields with a Guernsey cow?

I don't think so.

FAX THE SOMEWHAT CONCERNED ABOUT THIS NEW MOVEMENT

nychief
01-05-2006, 08:32 PM

dude - I live in new york, not my mom's basement, and have watched Herm give a thousand press conf., he is not known as some lunatic on the podium. Besides, comparing the media attention in New York to the attention you get living in your mom's basement is sort of silly. You are trying to make a stand for the first time in your life, which is good, but you are off base with this one.

milkman
01-05-2006, 08:32 PM
And replace Will Shields with a Guernsey cow?

I don't think so.

FAX THE SOMEWHAT CONCERNED ABOUT THIS NEW MOVEMENT

No worry.

Iowanian doesn't like chiefs4me.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2006, 08:35 PM
dude - I live in new york, not my mom's basement, and have watched Herm give a thousand press conf., he is not known as some lunatic on the podium. Besides, comparing the media attention in New York to the attention you get living in your mom's basement is sort of silly. You are trying to make a stand for the first time in your life, which is good, but you are off base with this one.

Blow me.

WilliamTheIrish
01-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Blow me.

You really should ask for a date first.

nychief
01-05-2006, 08:43 PM
Blow me.

what if your mom walks in?

ChiefsLV
01-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Blow me.

Come to Vegas. I've got my own house. We don't have to worry about anyone walking in on us.... ;)

milkman
01-05-2006, 08:53 PM
what if your mom walks in?

Come to Vegas. I've got my own house. We don't have to worry about anyone walking in on us.... ;)

So, we are talking about coaching prospects, and you people decide that this is a good thread to come out of the closet.

NTTATWT.

nychief
01-05-2006, 09:02 PM
So, we are talking about coaching prospects, and you people decide that this is a good thread to come out of the closet.

NTTATWT.

you have obviously never seen gochiefs mom.

tomahawk kid
01-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Of course not.

B-Wings and Tauntauns are where it's at.

Hard to argue with that.