PDA

View Full Version : Has CP told the offensive staff they have jobs under Edwards?

FringeNC
01-05-2006, 08:40 PM
What do you guys think? Is CP just going to let the staff go with Saunders, or is he trying to get them to stay under Edwards?

Solari better have a huge offer on the table from us.

Things move quickly. We can't wait on this Edwards thing before attempting to lock up these coaches.

nascher
01-05-2006, 08:42 PM
we can't lock up coaches without a HC.

Logical
Well since Edwards has not become the Chiefs HC at this point, isn't this speculation just a little bit silly?

FringeNC
we can't lock up coaches without a HC.

Why not? If it's going to be Edwards or Saunders, I think we can and should. Edwards doesn't know anything about offense.

FringeNC
01-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Well since Edwards has not become the Chiefs HC at this point, isn't this speculation just a little bit silly?

Not really. He can approach the assistands and ask them what they think about working on Edwards, and let them know they have contracts if indeed it is Edwards.

nychief
01-05-2006, 08:45 PM
they are all under contract till Feb 1st....

Logical
01-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Not really. He can approach the assistands and ask them what they think about working on Edwards, and let them know they have contracts if indeed it is Edwards.First of all I would hope we are not getting another Gunther where a HC gets his assistants dictated to him. I am not all that thrilled with Herm, but I would hate it if Vermiel was dictating his staff. It is a moot point if Al is staying so I don't even know why you mentioned it.

FringeNC
01-05-2006, 08:50 PM
First of all I would hope we are not getting another Gunther where a HC gets his assistants dictated to him. I am not all that thrilled with Herm, but I would hate it if Vermiel was dictating his staff. It is a moot point if Al is staying so I don't even know why you mentioned it.

Dungy has had his offensive staff dictated to him in Indy, and it has worked out so far. It just don't want Herm Edwards anywhere near this offense.

FringeNC
01-05-2006, 08:51 PM
they are all under contract till Feb 1st....

You sure about that?

Mr. Christopher
01-05-2006, 08:54 PM
First off, I don't like the Herm Edwards choice as HC. It would be great if Al Saunders would stay on as OC, and Edwards could focus on the defense. I don't think that will happen, though, because I believe that Saunders will be a HC somewhere.

I still hold out hope that Edwards does NOT hire on ANYONE from the Jets. I DO NOT want to see the Chiefs revert back to some form of Marty Ball. If Saunders does not stay on as OC, I hope that Edwards is able to bring in Mike Martz or someone of similar offensive mind to keep this offense moving forward.

To me, that's the challenge of the upcoming years. The defense will get better, but the offense is old, and I'm afraid of what it will look like under someone other than Vermeil.

Sure-Oz
01-05-2006, 09:05 PM
The offensive system must stay intact, no way we scrap it, its been too damn good!

siberian khatru
01-05-2006, 09:22 PM
I think Solari's got one year left on his contract.

tk13
01-05-2006, 09:25 PM
The Jets actually did not play some form of old school "Martyball" this year. I think some people need to get their facts straight about that. Edwards had often complained about Hackett being too conservative, and they dumped Hackett and hired Mike Heimerdinger from the Titans before this last season, who runs a more aggressive offense. He was the OC who used Billy Volek and Drew Bennett to torch Gun a couple years ago when we played them on MNF. They never really had the opportunity to get off the ground this year offensively though because it wasn't but a couple weeks in and Pennington and Fiedler were both gone...

I don't think Herm is afraid of scoring points. I'm not really all that worried about it. Just like Gun said when he came here, any defensive coach would love to work with an offense like ours. The question will be can the offensive coaches that remain do as good of a job as Saunders did.

FringeNC
01-05-2006, 09:34 PM
The Jets actually did not play some form of old school "Martyball" this year. I think some people need to get their facts straight about that. Edwards had often complained about Hackett being too conservative, and they dumped Hackett and hired Mike Heimerdinger from the Titans before this last season, who runs a more aggressive offense. He was the OC who used Billy Volek and Drew Bennett to torch Gun a couple years ago when we played them on MNF. They never really had the opportunity to get off the ground this year offensively though because it wasn't but a couple weeks in and Pennington and Fiedler were both gone...

I don't think Herm is afraid of scoring points. I'm not really all that worried about it. Just like Gun said when he came here, any defensive coach would love to work with an offense like ours. The question will be can the offensive coaches that remain do as good of a job as Saunders did.

Edwards was complaining about Hackett being too conservative? Well, why didn't he tell him to open it up?

tk13
01-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Edwards was complaining about Hackett being too conservative? Well, why didn't he tell him to open it up?
He did. He wanted the offense to be more up-tempo, have more audibles, no huddle, stuff like that. I guess Hackett told him he'd try and do better, I really don't know, but Hackett didn't do it... that's why he still basically got canned after a playoff season.

milkman
01-05-2006, 09:50 PM

I've said this, idon't know, ABOUT A THOUSAND FREAKIN' TIMES, but Marty ball isn't about running the ball and being too conservative.

It's about playing not to lose in the playoffs.

It's about playing close to the vest when you get a 7-10 point lead and trying to protect it for the last 20 minutes of the game in the playoffs.

It's about minimizing mistakes in a big game against good teams.

FringeNC
01-05-2006, 09:54 PM
It's about minimizing mistakes in a big game against good teams.

No, Martyball is about minimizing mistakes in all games. It works during the regular season, especially in years in which you have an easy schedule. It doesn't work in the playoffs.

tk13
01-05-2006, 09:57 PM
I understand the difference just fine. Hence the words old school and the use of quotation marks. That was in direct response to the uses of the word "Martyball" earlier in this thread, referring to the Marty Schottenheimer era of football in Kansas City.

WilliamTheIrish
01-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Aw bullshiot.

Herman Edwards knew exactly what he was getting when he hired Hackett. Christ, it's not like the Hack's resume didn't include his days with the Chiefs.

Kudos to him for firing the useless Hack.

But he's still a Marty clone, and milkman described to a T what that means.

jspchief
01-05-2006, 10:04 PM
they are all under contract till Feb 1st....Yep. Otherwise if we had made the Superbowl we'd have had a bunch of coaches that weren't signed.

Skip Towne
01-05-2006, 10:08 PM
Aw bullshiot.

Herman Edwards knew exactly what he was getting when he hired Hackett. Christ, it's not like the Hack's resume didn't include his days with the Chiefs.

I hope we hire him just to piss you off. I'll laugh and laugh.

Logical
01-05-2006, 10:09 PM
I've said this, idon't know, ABOUT A THOUSAND FREAKIN' TIMES, but Marty ball isn't about running the ball and being too conservative.

It's about playing not to lose in the playoffs.

It's about playing close to the vest when you get a 7-10 point lead and trying to protect it for the last 20 minutes of the game in the playoffs.

It's about minimizing mistakes in a big game against good teams.Let me just say I have seen Herm stay on the gas just like Dungy does. So I am not sure your point about sitting on 7-10 point leads being correct. Playing not to lose in playoffs might be true for Herm but it is harder to see as I believe they have not had any leads that I can recall in the playoffs where they had the opportunity to try to play not to lose. You have an example on that one?

FringeNC
01-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Aw bullshiot.

I question rather Herm had much input in hiring Hackett. He's a motivator as a head coach and that is it. I think Edwards will go along with Carl if Carl suggests we keep the offensive staff. My point is that Carl better not **** this up because Herm wouldn't know the difference between the West Coast offense and the Wishbone.

tk13
01-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Let me just say I have seen Herm stay on the gas just like Dungy does. So I am not sure your point about sitting on 7-10 point leads being correct. Playing not to lose in playoffs might be true for Herm but it is harder to see as I believe they have not had any leads that I can recall in the playoffs where they had the opportunity to try to play not to lose. You have an example on that one?
Herm beat the Colts in the playoffs 41-0 a few years back. Marty's never had a playoff blowout even close to that.

The one thing Herm gets whacked for is last year's playoff game against Pittsburgh. They put Doug Brien in position to kick 40ish yard FG's twice in the last two minutes, he missed both of them, and the game went to OT and Pittsburgh won and went to the AFC championship.

We've argued about this a zillion times. I agree it wasn't the most aggressive move in the world but it's one that the majority of coaches would've made. And it's not like Marty where he put a crap kicker who'd missed a bunch of extra points or a rookie out there... Doug Brien was a 10+ year vet who had been 17-19 the previous two years in FG's from that range. He put his kicker in a position where he normally succeeded and it failed, so of course to Chiefs fans that automatically is a mistake because we've been so burned by kickers over the years nobody trusts them.... but that's how it works with the kicking game. If it works you're a genius and if it fails you're a conservative idiot.

FringeNC
01-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Herm beat the Colts in the playoffs 41-0 a few years back. Marty's never had a playoff blowout even close to that.

The one thing Herm gets whacked for is last year's playoff game against Pittsburgh. They put Doug Brien in position to kick 40ish yard FG's twice in the last two minutes, he missed both of them, and the game went to OT and Pittsburgh won and went to the AFC championship.

We've argued about this a zillion times. I agree it wasn't the most aggressive move in the world but it's one that the majority of coaches would've made. And it's not like Marty where he put a crap kicker who'd missed a bunch of extra points or a rookie out there... Doug Brien was a 10+ year vet who had been 17-19 the previous two years in FG's from that range. He put his kicker in a position where he normally succeeded and it failed, so of course to Chiefs fans that automatically is a mistake because we've been so burned by kickers over the years nobody trusts them....

Had the game been in a dome, that's fine. I wonder what the %ages are for 40+ yard field goals at Heinz Field.

tk13
01-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Had the game been in a dome, that's fine. I wonder what the %ages are for 40+ yard field goals at Heinz Field.
Up until those kicks, Doug Brien was 3-3 at Heinz Field. All three FG's were longer than 40 yards.

Logical
01-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Dungy has had his offensive staff dictated to him in Indy, and it has worked out so far. It just don't want Herm Edwards anywhere near this offense.Let me just say that it won't matter who is the OC even if we keep Al by some miracle the offense will be more ball control much more LJ oriented with Herm as a Head Coach. High flying offense is just not his style TOP and dominance is more his modus operandi and that is true for almost any defensive minded head coach. A lot of people around here should be ecstatic seeing less passing and more running based on what they constantly say.

milkman
01-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Let me just say I have seen Herm stay on the gas just like Dungy does. So I am not sure your point about sitting on 7-10 point leads being correct. Playing not to lose in playoffs might be true for Herm but it is harder to see as I believe they have not had any leads that I can recall in the playoffs where they had the opportunity to try to play not to lose. You have an example on that one?

I wasn't, in that post, talking about Hermie.

I was just defining Martyball, generally, for those that seemed to be confused.

milkman
01-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Up until those kicks, Doug Brien was 3-3 at Heinz Field. All three FG's were longer than 40 yards.

And I'm saying that it's a playoff game, where the pressure is different.

Rather than run the ball up the gut twice and take a knee, do something to actually make that kick shorter, thus easier.

jspchief
01-05-2006, 10:27 PM
In that Pit game, Edwards gave his team a shot to at worst tie, at best win. It's not like he pissed it down his leg. Probably 100% of coaches would have done it the same way.

Pittsburgh's D had stuffed NYJ all day. They had only allowed a FG. It's not like the Jets were going to suddenly be able to walk down for a winning TD or easier FG.

tk13
01-05-2006, 10:27 PM
And I'm saying that it's a playoff game, where the pressure is different.

Rather than run the ball up the gut twice and take a knee, do something to actually make that kick shorter, thus easier.
He hit a 42 yarder earlier in the game.

And hit a game winning FG against San Diego the previous week. He was once a kicker on a Super Bowl winning team. No excuses. That's what he gets paid to do.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Len Dawson just reported on channel 9 that Saunders will interview for the Eagles OC job. Maybe Al will be available as OC

jspchief
01-05-2006, 10:30 PM

And hit a game winning FG against San Diego the previous week. He was once a kicker on a Super Bowl winning team. No excuses. That's what he gets paid to do.And his earlier 47 yarder missed because he hit the crossbar. It's not like he'd been shanking kicks.

milkman
01-05-2006, 10:31 PM
In that Pit game, Edwards gave his team a shot to at worst tie, at best win. It's not like he pissed it down his leg. Probably 100% of coaches would have done it the same way.

Pittsburgh's D had stuffed NYJ all day. They had only allowed a FG. It's not like the Jets were going to suddenly be able to walk down for a winning TD or easier FG.

I'm not saying they needed to march down the field.

I'm saying at least look like you're making an attempt to move the ball 3-4-5 yards closer.

Logical
01-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Len Dawson just reported on channel 9 that Saunders will interview for the Eagles OC job. Maybe Al will be available as OCIf this is true his HCing interviews must not be going well. I am shocked unless of course Lenny is getting senile. Wonder if his source is Nick Athan?

milkman
01-05-2006, 10:34 PM

And hit a game winning FG against San Diego the previous week. He was once a kicker on a Super Bowl winning team. No excuses. That's what he gets paid to do.

This was a big kick in a stadium notorious for creating problems for kickers.

It's a different situation from that kick in SD.

And wasn't he cut from that SB team for lack of consistency?

Wile_E_Coyote
01-05-2006, 10:35 PM
If this is true his HCing interviews must not be going well. I am shocked unless of course Lenny is getting senile. Wonder if his source is Nick Athan?

Len has been known to drink a bit

tk13
01-05-2006, 10:37 PM
And his earlier 47 yarder missed because he hit the crossbar. It's not like he'd been shanking kicks.
I mean, it obviously wasn't the right decision in retrospect. But I defended it at the time. I mean I understand the Marty anger. In 95 our kicker was all over the place, he'd missed like 3 extra points during the season, and Marty put the game in the guy's hands... that's like us getting into the playoffs now and making Damon Huard starting QB. Or last year in San Diego, he ran the ball three times and put a rookie kicker out there on a wet field. I mean that's just like a bad sitcom where you know something bad is going to happen.

I think Herm just played the numbers, and he lost. That's how it goes, and I don't have a problem with it. 90% of NFL coaches would do that. Look at a situation like say, Tom Coughlin... he put Feely out there three times against Seattle and he blew all three, you only look like an idiot when the kicker fails. I mean, I'd agree the kneel down wasn't necessarily the best idea, but come on, they lost one yard. That's not why Brien missed that kick. It's irrelevant.

milkman
01-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Len has been known to drink a bit

Kool-Aid?

tk13
01-05-2006, 10:42 PM
This was a big kick in a stadium notorious for creating problems for kickers.

It's a different situation from that kick in SD.

And wasn't he cut from that SB team for lack of consistency?
And I'll repeat, for the season, he was 3-3 from Heinz Field. And all three kicks were longer than 40 yards.

milkman
01-05-2006, 10:43 PM
And I'll repeat, for the season, he was 3-3 from Heinz Field. And all three kicks were longer than 40 yards.

And I'll repeat.

This was a clutch kick in a big game.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Kool-Aid?

maybe the Cherry if he stuck his nose deep in the cup

tk13
01-05-2006, 10:50 PM
And I'll repeat.

This was a clutch kick in a big game.
Well if you treat it like that, then you're right, you are going to fail. You sit here and rail against Martyball in the playoffs then you act like that FG should be treated as more important than any other. I don't, you just gotta relax and let the kicker do his job, and treat it as such. That's just a difference of opinion I guess.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-05-2006, 10:54 PM
<A name=285897>Eagles | Team expected to interview Saunders
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 20:47:20 -0800Tom Silverstein (http://www.kffl.com/link/187), of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reports Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) offensive coordinator Al Saunders (http://www.kffl.com/player/7811/nfl) is expected to interview with the Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.kffl.com/team/29/nfl) this weekend.

Logical
01-05-2006, 10:56 PM
And I'll repeat.

This was a clutch kick in a big game.I was in the hospital and pretty much out of it on morphine. So why was it bad going for the winning field goals against an incredibly tough Pitt defense. Not challenging, really just missing it. Especially given what tk has said about the kickers record for the season, career and in Heinz field.

Archie Bunker
01-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 20:47:20 -0800Tom Silverstein (http://www.kffl.com/link/187), of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reports Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) offensive coordinator Al Saunders (http://www.kffl.com/player/7811/nfl) is expected to interview with the Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.kffl.com/team/29/nfl) this weekend.

Al should have some fun with Westbrook. I cant believe he cant get a HC job somewhere.

Logical
01-05-2006, 10:59 PM
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 20:47:20 -0800Tom Silverstein (http://www.kffl.com/link/187), of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reports Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) offensive coordinator Al Saunders (http://www.kffl.com/player/7811/nfl) is expected to interview with the Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.kffl.com/team/29/nfl) this weekend.I must say this says more to me about the bad relationship between Carl and Al than any other thing. Why would you leave one the top and most consistent offenses that you built for an offense with as many problems as the Eagles have had. It also worries me about how many retirements may be coming on the Chiefs offense, perhaps Al is expecting a big decline?:hmmm:

tk13
01-05-2006, 11:01 PM
I must say this says more to me about the bad relationship between Carl and Al than any other thing. Why would you leave one the top and most consistent offenses that you built for an offense with as many problems as the Eagles have had. It also worries me about how many retirements may be coming on the Chiefs offense, perhaps Al is expecting a big decline?:hmmm:
What's more surprising is that he'd interview somewhere with an offensive head coach.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-05-2006, 11:01 PM
Al should have some fun with Westbrook. I cant believe he cant get a HC job somewhere.

Gregg Williams won't own the coordinator $ record for long

milkman
01-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Well if you treat it like that, then you're right, you are going to fail. You sit here and rail against Martyball in the playoffs then you act like that FG should be treated as more important than any other. I don't, you just gotta relax and let the kicker do his job, and treat it as such. That's just a difference of opinion I guess.

And my point isn't that he shouldn't have relied on the kicker.

My point is that on the first 2 downs he should have at least made an honest attempt to progress the ball another 5-6 yards to make that kick just a little easier.

But he didn't, he played it safe.

Minimize mistakes.
Don't take risks.

jspchief
01-05-2006, 11:15 PM
My point is that on the first 2 downs he should have at least made an honest attempt to progress the ball another 5-6 yards to make that kick just a little easier.

He did try to gain yards. They advanced the ball 14 yards on that possesion. Three runs for 5 yards and a 9 yard pass. Then he took a knee with 6 seconds on the clock. How many more plays should he have run in those six seconds?

It was a combination of ball security, and trying to improve kicking distance.He gave his team a chance to win the game, without risking losing it. It's exactly what I would have wanted from my coach every time.

tk13
01-05-2006, 11:18 PM
And my point isn't that he shouldn't have relied on the kicker.

Minimize mistakes.
Don't take risks.
I don't have a problem with it under 2 minutes. First of all, they did pass and pick up a first down before that 2nd kick. Then they ran the football to run the clock down. I do not have a problem with that. That is not "Martyball", well if it is a lot of coaches do it. Running the football doesn't mean you can't advance the football, they were playing the #1 defense in the league. I can't even begin to count the number of times people ripped into Saunders for passing in those obvious running down situations.

milkman
01-05-2006, 11:28 PM
He did try to gain yards. They advanced the ball 14 yards on that possesion. Three runs for 5 yards and a 9 yard pass. Then he took a knee with 6 seconds on the clock. How many more plays should he have run in those six seconds?

It was a combination of ball security, and trying to improve kicking distance.He gave his team a chance to win the game, without risking losing it. It's exactly what I would have wanted from my coach every time.

I'm talking about the FG he missed just a couple minutes before, when the Jets ran two plays up the gut and then took a knee.

That kick was over 40 yards as well.

I don't remember exact distances.

tk13
01-05-2006, 11:32 PM
No the first FG came after an incomplete pass. They ran a couple times, got a 3rd and 5, tried to pass for the first down and failed. So they had no other choice but to try the long FG. Brien missed, Steelers come out. Roethlisberger throws an INT, first play, Jets get it right back. Throw a pass to get down into FG range again, then run it and take a knee and try the last FG with like 4 seconds left. Missed, went to OT.

jspchief
01-05-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm talking about the FG he missed just a couple minutes before, when the Jets ran two plays up the gut and then took a knee.

That kick was over 40 yards as well.

I don't remember exact distances.You don't remember anything apparently.

The previous possession covered 48 yards and ended with 3rd and 5, incomplete pass from Pennington to Chrebet, then a missed FG.

milkman
01-05-2006, 11:36 PM
You don't remember anything apparently.

The previous possession covered 48 yards and ended with 3rd and 5, incomplete pass from Pennington to Chrebet, then a missed FG.

Wow!

I knew my memory was bad, but this bad?

I won't argue that you are wrong, since you and tk are both saying the same thing.

Just wow!

HMc
01-06-2006, 01:33 AM

Minimize mistakes.
Don't take risks.

So you wan't to avoid risks, while not playing it safe, yet minimising mistakes? It doesn't make any sense.

What was the attempt? 43 or something? So he'd missed a 47 earlier? So what. He'd also hit a 42 in that game. You gotta back the guy, it doesn't make any sense to do otherwise. Imagine if the jets had thrown a pick attempting to gain this apparantly crucial yardage.

picasso
01-06-2006, 01:41 AM

I completely agree with this tk13. Couldn't have said it better.
:thumb:

huskerdooz
01-06-2006, 06:24 AM
I must say this says more to me about the bad relationship between Carl and Al than any other thing. Why would you leave one the top and most consistent offenses that you built for an offense with as many problems as the Eagles have had. It also worries me about how many retirements may be coming on the Chiefs offense, perhaps Al is expecting a big decline?:hmmm:

It makes you think that the only reason AS stuck around for 5 years was his loyalty to DV. I'd venture a guess that if CP would have had his way, he'd have sent AS packing long ago or or quite possibly not had him around in the first place. I think every time CP sees AS and especially the success of his offense, he's reminded of how bad his decision was to hire GC over AS as HC in 99. JMO.

splatbass
01-06-2006, 06:36 AM
I question rather Herm had much input in hiring Hackett. He's a motivator as a head coach and that is it. I think Edwards will go along with Carl if Carl suggests we keep the offensive staff. My point is that Carl better not **** this up because Herm wouldn't know the difference between the West Coast offense and the Wishbone.

I'm not real big on Herm, but your assertion that he "wouldn't know the difference between the West Coast offense and the Wishbone" is ridiculous. You don't get to be a defensive coach in the NFL unless you know about offense. How do you coach a defense if you don't understand the offense they are defending against? You don't. Herm knows a hell of a lot more about offense than you give him credit for.

huskerdooz
01-06-2006, 06:51 AM
I'm not real big on Herm, but your assertion that he "wouldn't know the difference between the West Coast offense and the Wishbone" is ridiculous. You don't get to be a defensive coach in the NFL unless you know about offense. How do you coach a defense if you don't understand the offense they are defending against? You don't. Herm knows a hell of a lot more about offense than you give him credit for.

Just as rediculous as the assertion that Al wouldn't know the first thing about improving the defense after designing an offense that exploited a defense's weakness.

splatbass
01-06-2006, 07:03 AM
Just as rediculous as the assertion that Al wouldn't know the first thing about improving the defense after designing an offense that exploited a defense's weakness.

Yup.

Coogs
01-06-2006, 07:37 AM
First of all I would hope we are not getting another Gunther where a HC gets his assistants dictated to him. I am not all that thrilled with Herm, but I would hate it if Vermiel was dictating his staff.

No doubt! If the HC is not in charge then what you really have is an Al Davis situation. :shake:

Chiefnj
01-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Staffs around the league are sending thank you notes to Daniel Snyder. Not only did he give an enormous raise to Gregg Williams, but Williams insisted that each of his assistants get nice rasies as well. Snyder obliged.

Hammock Parties
01-06-2006, 05:24 PM

LOL

Why does it matter? He had missed a 47-yarder earlier in the game.

It was a stupid decision.

Rausch
01-06-2006, 05:27 PM
LOL

Why does it matter? He had missed a 47-yarder earlier in the game.

It was a stupid decision.

Agreed...

tk13
01-06-2006, 05:29 PM
WRONG

No, that is correct. They played just a few weeks earlier in Week 14 and he was 2-2 with both FG's being longer than 40 yards. Then he hit another 40+ yarder earlier in the playoff game.

tk13
01-06-2006, 05:30 PM
ROFL Nice edit, gochiefs. Real smooth. That doesn't prove you're just looking for things to complain about. Tried one angle, realized you were wrong, and edited your argument real quick.

milkman
01-06-2006, 06:25 PM
So you wan't to avoid risks, while not playing it safe, yet minimising mistakes? It doesn't make any sense.

What was the attempt? 43 or something? So he'd missed a 47 earlier? So what. He'd also hit a 42 in that game. You gotta back the guy, it doesn't make any sense to do otherwise. Imagine if the jets had thrown a pick attempting to gain this apparantly crucial yardage.

"Minimize mistakes
Don't take Risks"

Is the Marty mantra.

Hammock Parties
01-06-2006, 07:12 PM
ROFL Nice edit, gochiefs. Real smooth. That doesn't prove you're just looking for things to complain about. Tried one angle, realized you were wrong, and edited your argument real quick.

That's because I misread your post. I thought you were saying he hadn't missed any kicks at all that day.

nychief
01-06-2006, 07:16 PM
gochief is going to be buried here for years.