PDA

View Full Version : Bob Moore: Chiefs haven't even asked for permission to talk with Edwards

FringeNC
01-05-2006, 11:10 PM
KFFL

Andrea Adelson, of the Associated Press, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are close to acquiring New York Jets head coach Herman Edwards. An anonymous person close to the situation reports the two sides are rapidly coming to an agreement on compensation and Edwards could be coach of the Chiefs as early as Friday, Jan. 6. Chiefs spokesman Bob Moore claimed Thursday, Jan. 5, that the Chiefs haven't even asked for permission to talk with Edwards.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-05-2006, 11:13 PM
they have to work out the trade details before he can be interviewed

Logical
01-05-2006, 11:14 PM
OMG, the front office is just filled with assclowns. Either things fell through and this is their lame effort to cover or they think we are all fools.

Nzoner
01-05-2006, 11:16 PM
OMG, the front office is just filled with assclowns.

You're just now figuring that out? :D

jspchief
01-05-2006, 11:18 PM
they have to work out the trade details before he can be interviewedYep. The league has to approve compensation before KC can talk to Edwards.

By the way, Clayton on Sportscenter just reported that the Chiefs hold all the cards and are playing hardball. They may get him for free before it's all said and done.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-05-2006, 11:20 PM
anything from the Chiefs is like something from a politician :rolleyes:

Nzoner
01-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Yep. The league has to approve compensation before KC can talk to Edwards.

By the way, Clayton on Sportscenter just reported that the Chiefs hold all the cards and are playing hardball. They may get him for free before it's all said and done.

Fock holding all the cards,I want to see Lamar hold the trophy,yeah I'm still pissed from my rant a few weeks ago and hiring Herm Edwards is not going to change that.

Like I said before I'm from the show-me-state,it's time for Carl to show me a championship before I show him any more of my money.Sadly,I think I'll be saving until either he or I are dead.

jAZ
01-05-2006, 11:37 PM
OMG, the front office is just filled with assclowns. Either things fell through and this is their lame effort to cover or they think we are all fools.
Neither...

Everyone is posturing.

We think that if we create the proper environment, the Jets will be forced to simply release Herm because it's the best available option (so that they (the Jets) can move on from the mess).

Herm is poturing by saying he doesn't want out so that he doesn't accidently say something to void the Jets requirement to meet their remaining contractual obligations to him. Losing that leverage would take away some negotiating leverage to sign the best possible contract (with the Jets, the Chiefs or whoever). He's probably also willing to stay in NY and wants to show a commitment to his current players.

The Jest are trying to keep the pressure on KC and Herm so that they can squeeze anything they can out of this situation.

None of this posturing has anything directly to do with spinning the fans.

Rausch
01-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Smart.

Negotiating with the team is not asking for permission to speak to him.

I don't doubt for a minute that they haven't spoken to him. Edwards and the Jets are completely different...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-05-2006, 11:42 PM
they have to work out the trade details before he can be interviewed

So they can work out the trade details, interview him, and if the Chiefs decided not to hire him they won't owe the Jets anything?

Mecca
01-05-2006, 11:43 PM

I'm pretty sure they think we're all fools anyway.

jspchief
01-05-2006, 11:45 PM
So they can work out the trade details, interview him, and if the Chiefs decided not to hire him they won't owe the Jets anything?Correct. The teams have to submit compensation for the Chiefs hiring a coach that the Jets have contractual rights to. If the Chiefs don't hire him, they wouldn't owe compensation.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-05-2006, 11:45 PM
So they can work out the trade details, interview him, and if the Chiefs decided not to hire him they won't owe the Jets anything?

man, I hope so

Logical
01-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Neither...

Everyone is posturing.

We think that if we create the proper environment, the Jets will be forced to simply release Herm because it's the best available option (so that they (the Jets) can move on from the mess).

Herm is poturing by saying he doesn't want out so that he doesn't accidently say something to void the Jets requirement to meet their remaining contractual obligations to him. Losing that leverage would take away some negotiating leverage to sign the best possible contract (with the Jets, the Chiefs or whoever). He's probably also willing to stay in NY and wants to show a commitment to his current players.

The Jest are trying to keep the pressure on KC and Herm so that they can squeeze anything they can out of this situation.

None of this posturing has anything directly to do with spinning the fans.I think you missed the major news of the day, Herm quit so they don't have to fire him and the obligation for draft pick compensation still exists.

JohnnyV13
01-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Guys,

You're all missing the possibility that the Jets have fabricated this whole story and are purposefully leaking this to the NY press.

Why? Because they are trying to scare some OTHER team into giving up draft choices to get Herm. Think about it, oh the Chiefs are about to get Herm, better pony up some draft picks now or you'll lose out.

My instinct tells me this is what's going on. The other likely scenario is we really ARE interested in Herm, but the Jets are again leaking it for the same reason: trying to get another bidder into the game to up the price.

The bottom line isn't to "pressure KC", these stories are appearing to start a bidding war. KC isn't the target. The real target of these rumor is the rest of the league. I just don't think Herm is such a hot property that such an event is going to happen.

jspchief
I think you missed the major news of the day, Herm quit so they don't have to fire him and the obligation for draft pick compensation still exists.Herm didn't quit.

mcan
Media speculation... That's all this is. We don't even know if Carl has every called the Jets at all... We only know that "sources" say conflicting things. My bet is, Herm Edwards will be the Jets' head coach next year, and the year after that... Anybody want to put money on it?

All this talk is a direct result of every reporter out there (knowing that they won't be held accountable if they are wrong, and will be hailed as a true genious if they are right) trying to out-scoup the competition...

Brock
01-05-2006, 11:49 PM
I think you missed the major news of the day, Herm quit so they don't have to fire him and the obligation for draft pick compensation still exists.

ROFL OK

Wile_E_Coyote
01-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Schefter reported that Herm told his coaching staff this morning that he would not be back...where he got his info :shrug:

edit: & Vilma verified it in an interview(which I have not seen)

Mecca
01-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Media speculation... That's all this is. We don't even know if Carl has every called the Jets at all... We only know that "sources" say conflicting things. My bet is, Herm Edwards will be the Jets' head coach next year, and the year after that... Anybody want to put money on it?

All this talk is a direct result of every reporter out there (knowing that they won't be held accountable if they are wrong, and will be hailed as a true genious if they are right) trying to out-scoup the competition...

I don't see anyway he's with the Jets next year. He wants out, with all of this going on if he returns. The NY media will rip the guy a new one every single day and make his life hell. I think he'd quit and sit out before he returned to coach the Jets.

stevieray
01-05-2006, 11:51 PM

gossipvalidity

Logical
01-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Herm didn't quit.Yes he did, how on earth have you missed it. It has been clearly reported on NFL network at least a half dozen times tonight by several different reporters.

jspchief
01-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Yes he did, how on earth have you missed it. It has been clearly reported on NFL network at least a half dozen times tonight by several different reporters.Well ESPN just said that the Jets may end up firing Edwards if they don't work out a compensation deal with the Chiefs, resulting in KC getting him for nothing. Hard to fire a guy that has already quit.

Care to provide a link?

mcan
01-05-2006, 11:56 PM
Well ESPN just said that the Jets may end up firing Edwards if they don't work out a compensation deal with the Chiefs, resulting in KC getting him for nothing. Hard to fire a guy that has already quit.

See how that's worded?

They MIGHT fire him IF they can't work out a deal for him...

Basically, Maybe they'll trade him, maybe they'll fire him, maybe they'll keep him....

This is a freaking AWESOME story!

Logical
01-05-2006, 11:59 PM
Well ESPN just said that the Jets may end up firing Edwards if they don't work out a compensation deal with the Chiefs, resulting in KC getting him for nothing. Hard to fire a guy that has already quit.

Care to provide a link?NFL Network is TV it is kind of hard to link to it. Sorry

jspchief
01-05-2006, 11:59 PM
Here's the latest: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2281911

Updated as of 8:35 ET

Herm Edwards definately hasn't quit.

Logical
01-06-2006, 12:00 AM
NFL Network is TV it is kind of hard to link to it. Sorry

If you have cable or DirectTv you should have it.

jspchief
01-06-2006, 12:00 AM
NFL Network is TV it is kind of hard to link to it. SorryHerm Edwards quitting is a pretty big story, surely someone would run it on their website. Unless it never happened.

Mecca
01-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Maybe he told his coaches he's quitting but it hasn't been officially announced?

Brock
01-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Herm Edwards quitting is a pretty big story, surely someone would run it on their website. Unless it never happened.

NOBODY is reporting this. Kind of casts a cloud of doubt.

jspchief
01-06-2006, 12:02 AM
"Herm Edwards is not resigning," agent Gary O'Hagan told ESPN.com, emphatically, on Thursday evening. "He plans to work out the final two years of his contract."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2281911

jAZ
01-06-2006, 12:03 AM
I think you missed the major news of the day, Herm quit so they don't have to fire him and the obligation for draft pick compensation still exists.
Yeah, I certainly missed that. Is it a fact or another rumor?

Logical
01-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Here's the latest: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2281911

Updated as of 8:35 ET

Herm Edwards definately hasn't quit.These reports did not appear on NFL Network until after 6:30 pm PST (when I started watching) which would be after 9:30 at night ET.

It is about to be on NFL Network again in the upcoming half hour at least out here in the PST timezone.

mcan
01-06-2006, 12:05 AM
NOBODY is reporting this. Kind of casts a cloud of doubt.

Especially when reporters would be willing to report ANYTHING that gets them an extra reader...

Logical
Yeah, I certainly missed that. Is it a fact or another rumor?Just reported again on NFL Network that he is definitely leaving and that he has notified his Jets staff. They are talking about Bradaway is moving on hiring a replacement.

Brock
These reports did not appear on NFL Network until after 6:30 pm PST (when I started watching) which would be after 9:30 at night ET.

It is about to be on NFL Network again in the upcoming half hour at least out here in the PST timezone.

Oh, I see. ESPN won't be reporting it until everybody reports back to work in the morning.

jAZ
01-06-2006, 12:07 AM
Just reported again on NFL Network that he is definitely leaving and that he has notified his Jets staff. They are talking about Bradaway is moving on hiring a replacement.
Just found this...

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spjets0106,0,3650650.story?coll=ny-jets-bigpix

Despite a nationally televised report that Edwards informed his staff that he was leaving and that he cleaned out his desk, three coaches who were in the meeting Thursday said that wasn't the case.

"He just told us he had nothing to tell us," one of the coaches said. " ... I sat around there all day to find out what was going on and finally decided I was .coming home."

Responding to speculation that Edwards had resigned, his agent, Gary O'Hagan of IMG, told The Associated Press, "Herm would never quit."

There were strong indications Thursday night that compensation talks had accelerated, primarily because the Jets are under severe pressure to move on with a new coach -- and quickly. The Jets need to move forward or risk having to fire Edwards and forfeit draft-pick compensation.

One of the people familiar with the situation said the crux of the dispute was how Edwards' contract would be resolved. Since the Jets and Edwards obviously have decided to part ways, deciding how much they will pay on the .remaining two years of his contract is crucial.

jspchief
01-06-2006, 12:08 AM
These reports did not appear on NFL Network until after 6:30 pm PST (when I started watching) which would be after 9:30 at night ET.

It is about to be on NFL Network again in the upcoming half hour at least out here in the PST timezone.Schefter's report is from thursday morning comments. Edwards agent spoke this evening.

NFL total access runs it's first episode at 6 central. The ESPN article was updated at 7:35 central.

Chiefs Pantalones
Just reported again on NFL Network that he is definitely leaving and that he has notified his Jets staff. They are talking about Bradaway is moving on hiring a replacement.

Which is exactly why we shouldn't be hammering out a deal with the Jets because he will soon NOT be under contract with the Jets, meaning we can sign him without giving up any picks.

I don't want him, but if the Chiefs are going to make him their head coach, we better not give up any picks for him because he's nothing special.

jspchief
Oh, I see. ESPN won't be reporting it until everybody reports back to work in the morning. ROFLROFLROFL

jAZ
01-06-2006, 12:09 AM
If the NFL Network is wrong then it would seem that this article is right. It seems that this article supports everything I was trying to say earlier.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Just found this...

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spjets0106,0,3650650.story?coll=ny-jets-bigpix

Despite a nationally televised report that Edwards informed his staff that he was leaving and that he cleaned out his desk, three coaches who were in the meeting Thursday said that wasn't the case.

"He just told us he had nothing to tell us," one of the coaches said. " ... I sat around there all day to find out what was going on and finally decided I was .coming home."

Responding to speculation that Edwards had resigned, his agent, Gary O'Hagan of IMG, told The Associated Press, "Herm would never quit."

There were strong indications Thursday night that compensation talks had accelerated, primarily because the Jets are under severe pressure to move on with a new coach -- and quickly. The Jets need to move forward or risk having to fire Edwards and forfeit draft-pick compensation.

One of the people familiar with the situation said the crux of the dispute was how Edwards' contract would be resolved. Since the Jets and Edwards obviously have decided to part ways, deciding how much they will pay on the .remaining two years of his contract is crucial.

So the Jets are giving up then?

jspchief
01-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Which is exactly why we shouldn't be hammering out a deal with the Jets because he will soon NOT be under contract with the Jets, meaning we can sign him without giving up any picks.

I don't want him, but if the Chiefs are going to make him their head coach, we better not give up any picks for him because he's nothing special.You still don't understand the process, do you?

If he quits, he still belongs to the Jets contractually. So if he takes a job in the next two years, the team that hires him owes the Jets compensation.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-06-2006, 12:11 AM
this one from GangGreen denies Herm told his staff he would not be back, but says "he will be in limbo"
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=28646

Herm, Jets in holding pattern

Edwards 'in limbo' as discussions continue to hasten coach's separation from the club

Email this story

Printer friendly format

BY KEN BERGER AND BOB GLAUBER
STAFF WRITERS

January 5, 2006, 11:02 PM EST

On one of the most chaotic days in Jets history, Herman Edwards gathered his staff Thursday for a 9:15 a.m. meeting to discuss his future and the team's.

What happened for the next 12-plus hours will be the stuff of history in terms of messy divorces between an NFL team and its coach. The extent to which the Jets' football team has been effectively paralyzed by Edwards' situation was etched on the coach's face and emanating from his eyes as he looked out at his coaches and told them, essentially, "I'm in limbo."

Barring unforeseen complications, two people familiar with the situation said Thursday night that the deal allowing Edwards to coach the Chiefs in exchange for draft picks is expected to be resolved Friday.

But the situation was so fluid, so agonizing for the people who work for Edwards, that only two plausible conclusions could be drawn: 1) Edwards is gone, and 2) even Edwards himself didn't know how that was going to .happen.

"He's really confused," defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson told Newsday Thursday night. "He's hurting. He doesn't know what's going on.

"I look in his eyes and I know one thing: He's hurting. I don't know if the word is disappointment, uneasiness, unknowing, all those things. I know he wants to get it resolved.

"He's one of the best guys I've ever coached for and one of the best people I've ever met."

After various reports Thursday ranging from the draft-pick compensation deal with the Chiefs being anywhere from dead to done, to Edwards resigning or being forced out, one thing was clear after this epic day of wrangling, waiting and uncertainty: Edwards will not coach the Jets again.

"He said he was in limbo and he didn't know what was happening," another assistant coach said Thursday, speaking on condition of anonymity. Asked if he thought there was a chance Edwards would still be his boss after the coaches' two-week vacation, which begins Friday, the coach said, "I'd be kind of shocked, but stranger things have happened at the Jets organization, so we'll see."

It's always been true that stranger things have happened with this team -- until now. Once this Edwards fiasco is resolved, he will stand alone atop the mountain of the absurd.

While the Jets tried to finalize the deal, the coaching carousel did not stop spinning. One top candidate, Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress, is on the verge of becoming the Vikings' coach.

With the Jets in a holding pattern, Chiefs president Carl Peterson went about his business and interviewed other candidates. After spending two days talking with former Giants coach Jim Fassel in Baltimore, Peterson was believed to be on the East Coast meeting with another candidate Thursday. It's believed that Peterson also has reached out to Butch Davis and Gary .Kubiak.

Peterson's tactics put the Jets in the impossible position of waiting for the Chiefs to agree to draft-pick compensation while being unable to interview Edwards' potential replacements because the coach was still under contract.

It is not true that the Jets have reached out to former Saints coach Jim Haslett; one person familiar with their strategy said they haven't contacted any prospects.

The whole thing was so bizarre that tight end Chris Baker compared it to Nick Saban's leaving Michigan State for LSU when Baker played for the Spartans.

"This is exactly how it was, exactly the same thing," Baker said in a telephone interview. "There were rumors going around and he was like, 'Oh, no, I'm not going anywhere. I want to be your guys' coach.' And the next day, he was on a plane going to LSU."

Chiefs Pantalones
01-06-2006, 12:11 AM
You still don't understand the process, do you?

If he quits, he still belongs to the Jets contractually. So if he takes a job in the next two years, the team that hires him owes the Jets compensation.

I'm just so excited about 4/5 years of Marty football back again, I can't control myself. :banghead:

Logical
01-06-2006, 12:13 AM
Especially when reporters would be willing to report ANYTHING that gets them an extra reader...

1st this is not a newspaper report it is television there are no papers to sell.

Second it is the NFL's own network.

Finally it should be reported that no one is saying he is the Chiefs coach yet, they have said that the Chiefs are still working on a compensation package with Jets to negotiate with Herm.

It was just repeated by the three panelists on the Total Access show.

jspchief
01-06-2006, 12:15 AM
1st this is not a newspaper report it is television there are no papers to sell.

Second it is the NFL's own network.

Finally it should be reported that no one is saying he is the Chiefs coach yet, they have said that the Chiefs are still working on a compensation package with Jets to negotiate with Herm.

It was just repeated by the three panelists on the Total Access show.Total Access has been re-runs since 6pm central. That's how NFL network does it.

Tune in to ESPN news. It's live. No reports of Edwards quitting.

The Bad Guy
01-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Screw that alien-looking MF.

That scumbag is Rufus Dawes and would never tell anyone the truth.

You're right Bob. Every legit source that media outlets have are wrong and the Chiefs, who denied even the Vermeil thing when it first broke, are telling the truth.

Screw you Bob, and your alter-ego Rufus Dawes.

jAZ
01-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Total Access has been re-runs since 6pm central. That's how NFL network does it.

Tune in to ESPN news. It's live. No reports of Edwards quitting.
Ahhhh! It's all clear now.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-06-2006, 12:17 AM
Screw that alien-looking MF.

That scumbag is Rufus Dawes and would never tell anyone the truth.

You're right Bob. Every legit source that media outlets have are wrong and the Chiefs, who denied even the Vermeil thing when it first broke, are telling the truth.

Screw you Bob, and your alter-ego Rufus Dawes.
ROFL

My sources tell me that BG doesn't like Bob Moore.

Logical
01-06-2006, 12:17 AM
Oh, I see. ESPN won't be reporting it until everybody reports back to work in the morning.Just so you know it has also been reported on Sports Radio but you cannot possibly have access to that so I did not bother to mention it. I have no idea why all the broadcasters on NFL Network are talking about it and ESPN is not. ESPN is still reporting yesterdays report that Herm has said he is definitely not leaving.:shrug:

Brock
01-06-2006, 12:20 AM
Just so you know it has also been reported on Sports Radio but you cannot possibly have access to that so I did not bother to mention it. I have no idea why all the broadcasters on NFL Network are talking about it and ESPN is not. ESPN is still reporting yesterdays report that Herm has said he is definitely not leaving.:shrug:

Yeah. We don't have sports radio in this neck of the woods.

Mecca
01-06-2006, 12:20 AM
I never knew I was the only person that liked Herman Edwards. If what he did with the Jets was mediocre than I guess our franchise isn't even that.

cdcox
01-06-2006, 12:21 AM
Bob Moore has been quoted as saying: "Herm? Herm, who?... Herm Edwards?... Let me check... No, we definitely do not know anybody named Herm Edwards. Next question please."

The Bad Guy
01-06-2006, 12:22 AM
I never knew I was the only person that liked Herman Edwards. If what he did with the Jets was mediocre than I guess our franchise isn't even that.

You're not alone. I like him too.

Chiefs Pantalones

We haven't won a playoff game in what, 13 years now? It's a good argument that we are below mediocre I guess. I want a SB victory before we die. :)

Logical
this one from GangGreen denies Herm told his staff he would not be back, but says "he will be in limbo"
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=28646

Herm, Jets in holding pattern

Edwards 'in limbo' as discussions continue to hasten coach's separation from the club

Email this story

Printer friendly format

BY KEN BERGER AND BOB GLAUBER
STAFF WRITERS

January 5, 2006, 11:02 PM EST

On one of the most chaotic days in Jets history, Herman Edwards gathered his staff Thursday for a 9:15 a.m. meeting to discuss his future and the team's.

What happened for the next 12-plus hours will be the stuff of history in terms of messy divorces between an NFL team and its coach. The extent to which the Jets' football team has been effectively paralyzed by Edwards' situation was etched on the coach's face and emanating from his eyes as he looked out at his coaches and told them, essentially, "I'm in limbo."

Barring unforeseen complications, two people familiar with the situation said Thursday night that the deal allowing Edwards to coach the Chiefs in exchange for draft picks is expected to be resolved Friday.

But the situation was so fluid, so agonizing for the people who work for Edwards, that only two plausible conclusions could be drawn: 1) Edwards is gone, and 2) even Edwards himself didn't know how that was going to .happen.

"He's really confused," defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson told Newsday Thursday night. "He's hurting. He doesn't know what's going on.

"I look in his eyes and I know one thing: He's hurting. I don't know if the word is disappointment, uneasiness, unknowing, all those things. I know he wants to get it resolved.

"He's one of the best guys I've ever coached for and one of the best people I've ever met."

After various reports Thursday ranging from the draft-pick compensation deal with the Chiefs being anywhere from dead to done, to Edwards resigning or being forced out, one thing was clear after this epic day of wrangling, waiting and uncertainty: Edwards will not coach the Jets again.

"He said he was in limbo and he didn't know what was happening," another assistant coach said Thursday, speaking on condition of anonymity. Asked if he thought there was a chance Edwards would still be his boss after the coaches' two-week vacation, which begins Friday, the coach said, "I'd be kind of shocked, but stranger things have happened at the Jets organization, so we'll see."

It's always been true that stranger things have happened with this team -- until now. Once this Edwards fiasco is resolved, he will stand alone atop the mountain of the absurd.

While the Jets tried to finalize the deal, the coaching carousel did not stop spinning. One top candidate, Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress, is on the verge of becoming the Vikings' coach.

With the Jets in a holding pattern, Chiefs president Carl Peterson went about his business and interviewed other candidates. After spending two days talking with former Giants coach Jim Fassel in Baltimore, Peterson was believed to be on the East Coast meeting with another candidate Thursday. It's believed that Peterson also has reached out to Butch Davis and Gary .Kubiak.

Peterson's tactics put the Jets in the impossible position of waiting for the Chiefs to agree to draft-pick compensation while being unable to interview Edwards' potential replacements because the coach was still under contract.

It is not true that the Jets have reached out to former Saints coach Jim Haslett; one person familiar with their strategy said they haven't contacted any prospects.

The whole thing was so bizarre that tight end Chris Baker compared it to Nick Saban's leaving Michigan State for LSU when Baker played for the Spartans.

"This is exactly how it was, exactly the same thing," Baker said in a telephone interview. "There were rumors going around and he was like, 'Oh, no, I'm not going anywhere. I want to be your guys' coach.' And the next day, he was on a plane going to LSU."

Sounds like he quit to me and does not have a job with another team yet. That would be a state of limbo.

Logical
01-06-2006, 12:26 AM
Yeah. We don't have sports radio in this neck of the woods.It would not be the first time we heard it here before it was reported back there. They broke several of last seasons reports here before people on the Planet were saying they were being reported by the media in KC. I have no idea why your media coverage is so lame, hell you guys are constantly complaining about it, I am suprised you would defend them.

jspchief
01-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Sounds like he quit to me and does not have a job with another team yet. That would be a state of limbo.What?!! Did you read the article? Three coaches and his agent say he didn't quit.

Schefter was wrong. You've been watching reruns of a 6 hour old report on the NFL Network.

He may quit at some point in the future, but it hasn't happened.

Brock
01-06-2006, 12:30 AM
It would not be the first time we heard it here before it was reported back there. They broke several of last seasons reports here before people on the Planet were saying they were being reported by the media in KC. I have no idea why your media coverage is so lame, hell you guys are constantly complaining about it, I am suprised you would defend them.

Dude, you're a loon.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-06-2006, 12:31 AM
Sounds like he quit to me and does not have a job with another team yet. That would be a state of limbo.

Sounds like Carl is giving the Jets hell. ROFL

Logical
01-06-2006, 12:39 AM
What?!! Did you read the article? Three coaches and his agent say he didn't quit.

Schefter was wrong. You've been watching reruns of a 6 hour old report on the NFL Network.

He may quit at some point in the future, but it hasn't happened.As to his agent, Herm may have done something ill advised contractually so he would of course deny it, because if Herm quit he is the only one who loses all leverage in the situation. You read Donnie Henderson's comments and it pretty much sounds like he is confirming the mess.

We will see tomorrow.