PDA

View Full Version : From Fanball: Edwards has already told his staff that he will be leaving

wutamess
01-06-2006, 12:29 AM
THE NEWS
The Chiefs and Jets moved forward on Thursday night with negotiations over the compensation for Herm Edwards leaving New York to become the Chiefs' next head coach, according to ESPN's Len Pasquarelli.

Our View
A pair of mid-round picks were the last known ransom for Edwards' services. It has been reported that Edwards has already told his staff that he will be leaving, so he clearly believes a deal will be completed soon.

As a side note...
I received a phone call from a family member about Edwards leaving earlier.

She has an inside source and Mike Solari will be promoted to OC and Gunther will stay as DC.
But what I don't get is Rhonda Moss stated earlier that Herm wanted to bring his DC here and I wonder how that's going to play out.

That's all I know and I don't know how credible it is so don't quote me on this one. But if it happens you heard it here first. FWIW: She told me that Herm actually had been contacted by the CHiefs earlier this year when the rumors were swirling. And the source heard it straight from Herm.

Dunit35
01-06-2006, 01:25 AM
I wish Herm wouldnt come here and AS would gladly accept the job.

Hootie
01-06-2006, 02:00 AM
If we can't get Al to stay on as OC, why not give Terry Shea a shot? He didn't exactly have much to work with in Chicago.

Wallcrawler
01-06-2006, 02:41 AM
I like Solari as OC. He's done a helluva job with the offensive line and Im pretty sure he would be capable of maintaining the offense we've had here. Just as long as someone who has been here is around to keep the same offensive scheme, so that the players dont have to go through a new learning process for a new scheme.

If Herman Edwards could bring along Donnie Henderson for DC, that would be great as well. Id like to have Gun stay on as Linebackers coach if at all possible though, he really turned Kawika Mitchell into a player.

tk13
01-06-2006, 02:48 AM
Solari actually designs our running game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Terry Shea work together on the offense. Hopefully the passing game and playcalling doesn't suffer. But Solari plays a huge role in our offensive running gameplan each week, at least the way DV always talked.

Wallcrawler
01-06-2006, 02:53 AM
I think our offense will be fine. L.J. and the running game has been what has carried the team the final nine games of the season. Im pretty sure that the passing game will be fine. I think Tony Gonzalez will have a pretty big year next year. Pretty tough to go wrong calling Tony's number in the passing game.

huskerdooz
01-06-2006, 05:13 AM
She has an inside source and Mike Solari will be promoted to OC and Gunther will stay as DC.
But what I don't get is Rhonda Moss stated earlier that Herm wanted to bring his DC here and I wonder how that's going to play out.

The way I heard it was if Herm came and Gunther was retained as DC then if Donnie Henderson came with Herm, he would get the title Asst HC and D Back Coach.

huskerdooz
01-06-2006, 05:24 AM
If we can't get Al to stay on as OC, why not give Terry Shea a shot? He didn't exactly have much to work with in Chicago.

I'm becoming more and more resigned to the fact that Al won't be here next season neither as HC nor OC. Even if Al would choose to stay on as OC (something that would entail swallowing an enormous amt of pride and self respect), I think that the rift between AS and CP is so great that DV's ability to shield AS from CP's vindictiveness was the only thing that allowed them to coexist.