PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Question: What would it take to get David Carr?

KChiefs1
01-06-2006, 11:11 AM
If the Texans draft Vince Young...this leaves the Texans with David Carr & Vince Young as their QB's.

I've alway liked Carr & the price might be right(2nd rounder?). Maybe Priest Holmes returning home to Texas for Carr?

svuba
01-06-2006, 11:15 AM
I like Carr better than Dustin Colquitt.. Hell I'd even throw in Craphonso Thorp

joesomebody
01-06-2006, 11:36 AM
I like Carr better than Dustin Colquitt.. Hell I'd even throw in Craphonso ThorpI'm just curious what our punter has to do with the Texans QB... Was this just random, or you mean you'd be willing to trade our punter and a practice team WR for a starting QB that is fairly young?

Just curious what you meant by that.

ChiefsfaninPA
01-06-2006, 11:57 AM
It would take more than we could offer.

HolmeZz
01-06-2006, 12:02 PM
If the Texas draft Young, I think Houston doesn't exercise Carr's option, making him a FA.

4th and Long
01-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Houston doesnt have a QB problem. They have an offensive line problem that makes their QB get killed on damn near every passing play. They'll trade the #1 pick for something sweet.

Hydrae
01-06-2006, 12:07 PM
If you want a QB from Houston perhaps you should think about Dave Ragone. :shrug: At least he is a RFA.

bkkcoh
01-06-2006, 12:08 PM
I like Carr better than Dustin Colquitt.. Hell I'd even throw in Craphonso Thorp

How about adding Kris Wilson and one of our scrub LB's also... that should sweeten the deal too much for them to ignore......

jAZ
01-06-2006, 12:16 PM
I think those who have pointed out that we don't have a starting spot open, and successful starting QBs won't be interested in coming to KC to sit the bench for 4 years behind Trent are right.

We are more likely going to be able to draft someone in the 2nd or 3rd round this year or take a chance on a disappointment like Joey Harrington than to acquire a successful current starter.

Vegas_Dave
01-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Won't happen. Carr can be a good back if you build the rest of the team around it.

Houston will hire Saunders who will then draft Reggie Bush and be a very good offensive team in 2-3 years.

milkman
01-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Just say "No" to Carr.

4th and Long
01-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Just say "No" to Carr.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

arrowheadnation
01-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Priest for Carr straight up would work for me, but the Chiefs will do something stupid like throwing in a draft pick or an Xbox 360 or god knows what else....although there are other young quarterbacks that I'd much rather have than Carr.

siberian khatru
01-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Hypothetical Question: What would it take to get David Carr?

A modest pass rush.

milkman
01-06-2006, 12:23 PM
A modest pass rush.

ROFL

That's rep right there!

B_Ambuehl
01-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Priest for Carr? Lol

The only way we get Carr is if Houston decides not to give him his big bonus in march and let's him walk as a free agent. In that case all we will have to do is sign him. Him being available is probably more likely then KC having enough cap room available to sign him. It woudl be a stupid move but houston is a bad enough franchise that they would do something like that

bkkcoh
01-06-2006, 12:42 PM
A modest pass rush.

definitely we didn't have one that game..... he still had a clean uni after the game, didn't he...

svuba
01-06-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm just curious what our punter has to do with the Texans QB... Was this just random, or you mean you'd be willing to trade our punter and a practice team WR for a starting QB that is fairly young?

Just curious what you meant by that.

Colquit was our 2nd round pick last year. So If we could get Carr in exchange for our 2nd this year, that might be a good deal.

Craphonso was just thrown in to illustrate how useless our mid-level picks were last year. Everybody gets pissed if we give up a third round pick, yet sometimes we throw them away anyhow.

Otter
01-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Houston doesnt have a QB problem. They have an offensive line problem that makes their QB get killed on damn near every passing play. They'll trade the #1 pick for something sweet.

I finally read the responses before posting. That's what I was gonna say.

Calcountry
01-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Houston doesnt have a QB problem. They have an offensive line problem that makes their QB get killed on damn near every passing play. They'll trade the #1 pick for something sweet.Vince Young will just run it anyway.

pr_capone
01-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Colquit was our 2nd round pick last year. So If we could get Carr in exchange for our 2nd this year, that might be a good deal.

Colquit was actually our 3rd round pick and our 2nd overall. We gave up our 2nd round pick to get Surtain.