PDA

View Full Version : OMG, Here he come, NFL approves deal on Herm.......

ROYC75
01-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Chiefs get NFL's OK to hire Jets' Edwards
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
The Chiefs were given permission today by the NFL to hire Herman Edwards as their new head coach.

The league approved the terms of compensation that would free Edwards from his contract as head coach of the New York Jets. The Chiefs will send the Jets a fourth-round pick in this year’s draft.

The next step is for Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson to agree on terms of a contract with Edwards. Peterson was scheduled to talk today to Edwards’ agent, Gary O’Hagan.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Infidel Goat
01-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Scoop!111111

InvinciBill
01-06-2006, 11:31 AM
PBJ

luv
01-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Moving from NY to KC. Less excitement, but better BBQ.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Moving from NY to KC. Less excitement, but better BBQ.

That's funny! For some reason I woke last night and out of the blue just thought that's why Herm really want's to come to KC. For the BBQ and pork ribs. ROFL

kregger
01-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Mo crib fo the flow.

milkman
01-06-2006, 11:41 AM
At Least Tags didn't feel the need to bend the Chiefs over on this.

ptlyon
01-06-2006, 11:42 AM

It ain't over yet

kregger
01-06-2006, 11:42 AM
..yet. They can still claim tampering.

Archie F. Swin
01-06-2006, 11:43 AM
to borrow from an old movie"

"He said the new head coach is near!!"

milkman
01-06-2006, 11:44 AM
It ain't over yet

I'm not a Carl fan, but I'd bet the house that he played this one close to vest, and there is nothing that Tags would find to even remotely suggest there was any tampering.

SPchief
01-06-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm not a Carl fan, but I'd bet the house that he played this one close to vest, and there is nothing that Tags would find to even remotely suggest there was any tampering.

But this is Tags we are talking about. Odds are he will try very hard to find a way to screw us over this.

Rausch
01-06-2006, 11:47 AM

Why?

The Jets got what they wanted, compensation. Unless the Jets claim there's tampering Tags won't do $#it...

Mile High Mania
01-06-2006, 11:49 AM
So, I guess Saunders will go to the Jets use that 4th round pick on a stud and drive this BB mad for years to come.

Mr. Kotter
01-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Chiefs get NFL's OK to hire Jets' Edwards
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
The Chiefs were given permission today by the NFL to hire Herman Edwards as their new head coach.

The league approved the terms of compensation that would free Edwards from his contract as head coach of the New York Jets. The Chiefs will send the Jets a fourth-round pick in this year’s draft.

The next step is for Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson to agree on terms of a contract with Edwards. Peterson was scheduled to talk today to Edwards’ agent, Gary O’Hagan.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

"Are you doubting me because I'm a black man, Cracka?! I'm gonna be the Chief's Moses--leading ya'all to the Promised Land, a Super Bowl victory! Hallelujah! Are you with me, brutha! Can I gets me an Amen?"

Rausch
01-06-2006, 11:50 AM
"Are you doubting me because I'm a black man, Cracka?! I'm gonna be the Chief's Moses--leading ya'all to the Promised Land, a Super Bowl victory! Hallelujah! Are you with me, brutha! Can I gets me an Amen?"

The Bad Guy

No they can't.

stevieray
Why would Peterson claim the Saunders interview wasn't concluded?

I find it hard to believe it was to rehire him as OC.

We also know that Peterson said all contracts terminated simultaneously by design.

This is really going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

Piper
01-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Don't worry. Tags is much more comfortable bending the Jets over.

Again.

Good luck guys.

Hermy is all yours

signed.

jets fan.

Mr. Kotter
01-06-2006, 11:54 AM
"Hey, Rausch-dog, let me axe you sumptin....You gots a copy of dat on black velvet? I'd like dat to put over my fireplace, in font of mines's Polarbearskin rug in mine's new pad in Missions Hills."

Archie F. Swin
01-06-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm going to start calling Carl "the Godfather"....not to his face though

Dartgod
01-06-2006, 11:58 AM
to borrow from an old movie"

"He said the new head coach is near!!"
"As chairman of the welcoming committee, it's a pleasure to present a Laurel and Hardy handshake to our new......******."

elvomito
01-06-2006, 12:03 PM
well it looks like the best dbacks coach in the league will be back in kc... can't wait to see who he throws to the curb

acasas4
01-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Herm just said Paul Hacket will be his O.C.ROFL

Mr. Kotter
01-06-2006, 12:05 PM
That's grounds for banning!!!

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Rausch
01-06-2006, 12:05 PM

That better be a ****ing joke...

stevieray
01-06-2006, 12:06 PM
That better be a ****ing joke...

No kidding. If that happens, I will be convinced that the Chiefs do not have SB aspirations.

now norv turner on the other hand.....

picasso
01-06-2006, 12:07 PM
"Hey, Rausch-dog, let me axe you sumptin....You gots a copy of dat on black velvet? I'd like dat to put over my fireplace, in font of mines's Polarbearskin rug in mine's new pad in Missions Hills."

Kinda racist don't ya think? I know you probably wanted a white coach with ties to the deep south like from Remember the Titans but that was a movie Festus. I know you're probably just acting retarded but one post like this is actually to many.

acasas4
01-06-2006, 12:13 PM
That better be a ****ing joke...It's a joke. Herm really said the O.C. is Joe Pendry.:)

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2006, 12:17 PM
"Hey, Rausch-dog, let me axe you sumptin....You gots a copy of dat on black velvet? I'd like dat to put over my fireplace, in font of mines's Polarbearskin rug in mine's new pad in Missions Hills."Somehow, "Abracadabra!" works even better with the Herm av.

acasas4
01-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Herm just said Paul Hacket will be his O.C.ROFLWhen I posted this it was a joke but what scares me is Herm did hire PH as his OC in NY. I'm afraid with Herm we're just going to get more of the same. I hope he proves me wrong.

Donger
01-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Kinda racist don't ya think? I know you probably wanted a white coach with ties to the deep south like from Remember the Titans but that was a movie Festus. I know you're probably just acting retarded but one post like this is actually to many.

IIRC, Edwards is half-white. His father was a black soldier in Europe during WWII. His mom was a German.

Unless she was a black German, of course.

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Herm just said Paul Hacket will be his O.C.ROFL(thanks Brad)

ROYC75
01-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Saunders will not be back as OC........Although I wish he would be, I could live with Turner as OC., maybe even Marts as OC.

I have a feeling Shea will be our OC.

KChiefs1
01-06-2006, 12:23 PM
I want an OC that has experience running an offense with a RB that you give the ball to 25-30 times a game.

Rausch
01-06-2006, 12:24 PM
IIRC, Edwards is half-white. His father was a black soldier in Europe during WWII. His mom was a German.

You wonder where his temper comes from?

Donger
01-06-2006, 12:25 PM
You wonder where his temper comes from?

From his father, I assume. Every German I've ever met is exceedingly docile.