PDA

View Full Version : StevieRay is an Awesome Artist!

KC Dan
01-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Screw you GoChiefs, you don't know what you are talking about.

wutamess
TTIWWP's

KC Dan

4th and Long
WTF is going on here?

KC Dan
01-06-2006, 02:20 PM
WTF is going on here?
You guys reply too fast...

ptlyon
01-06-2006, 02:21 PM

Cool - that's me in the background!

4th and Long
01-06-2006, 02:21 PM
You guys reply too fast...
You post too slow. :p

Katipan
01-06-2006, 02:22 PM
needs more bulge, but it's really pretty

Simplex3
01-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Why is Priest just standing there? Shouldn't he be running or something?

4th and Long
01-06-2006, 02:24 PM
At least he didn't paint in the yellow flag that called that play back.

Dartgod
01-06-2006, 02:25 PM
So I guess UPS didn't fugg it up too bad?

shakesthecat
01-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Screw you GoChiefs, you don't know what you are talking about.

Doesn't this imply his opinion mattered in the first place?

Braincase
01-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Someday, Stevie Ray will be doing the mural in my new digs... as soon as we can build the house.

You up for it FDE?

siberian khatru
01-06-2006, 02:29 PM
He's carrying that ball awfully loosely. Y'know, that's what cost us the 2003 playoff game vs. the Colts.

ptlyon

heh

KC Dan
fuggin' killjoy!

siberian khatru
01-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Someday, Stevie Ray will be doing the mural in my new digs... as soon as we can build the house.

You up for it FDE?

No doubt a nude of you.

Braincase
01-06-2006, 02:31 PM
No doubt a nude of you.

No, that's the one we're doing at your house.

Phobia
01-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Steve is becoming well known around KC for his work. I have a Delaney painting that will be auctioned off with the proceeds going to 37 Forever soon.

siberian khatru
01-06-2006, 02:40 PM
I have a Delaney painting that will be auctioned off with the proceeds going to 37 Forever soon.

That's a nice way of getting it out of your house.

picasso
01-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Here is something I just through together the other day and sold.
Anybody want a Chief?

Phobia
01-06-2006, 02:41 PM
That's pretty awesome too, picasso.

picasso
01-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Thank you. I am working on a Priest Holmes painting right now. should be completed in a couple of weeks. I was doing it for myself but if anybody is interested when it's completed I'll sell it to the highest bidder.

ptlyon
01-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Thank you. I am working on a Priest Holmes painting right now. should be completed in a couple of weeks. I was doing it for myself but if anybody is interested when it's completed I'll sell it to the highest bidder.

Being he's on IR and probably won't return to the Chiefs, I'll go $1.

picasso
01-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Here is a few more. The SRV and the Bono are sold but the Robert Plant is available. Anyone interested please let me know.

picasso
01-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Being he's on IR and probably won't return to the Chiefs, I'll go $1.

I'll keep it my self then. lol

ptlyon
01-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Here is a few more. The SRV and the Bono are sold but the Robert Plant is available. Anyone interested please let me know.

You do very good work pic - it was funny tho - I thought it meant Bono as in the old Chiefs QB.

And I was merely making a joke about the PH one - I am sure it will be very nice.

4th and Long
01-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Robert Plant is available. Anyone interested please let me know.
1. What's the going rate for Bob
2. What size is it
3. What medium is it?

siberian khatru
01-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Seriously, that's impressive stuff, picasso.

picasso
01-06-2006, 03:13 PM
You do very good work pic - it was funny tho - I thought it meant Bono as in the old Chiefs QB.

And I was merely making a joke about the PH one - I am sure it will be very nice.

LOL! No not that Bono, not worth the lead. Thanks man, it's turning out quite well (Priest). I am an established artist out here in Washington state. I don't just do pencil drawings I paint as well. I have some showings right now in galleries in Kirkland, Seattle and also a few galleries in tourist towns on the coast. But I always do these kind of drawings for quick sell, they are much more affordable than the paintings I sell and quicker to do. Kinda breaks it up if I go back and forth.

picasso
01-06-2006, 03:16 PM
1. What's the going rate for Bob
2. What size is it
3. What medium is it?

The price on Bob would be $500 but I would negotiate maybe $400.

Size is 18x24

Medium is pencil.

4th and Long
01-06-2006, 03:17 PM
The price on Bob would be $500 but I would negotiate maybe $400.

Size is 18x24

Medium is pencil.
Is the pic matted or framed or do you sell them as is?

picasso
01-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Is the pic matted or framed or do you sell them as is?

I can mat it and frame it out if you like. Right now it's not though. It did have a show frame on it that's cheap but clean because a lot of these were in a show at the EMP in Seattle a year ago. But I have had this wrapped and stored so it wouldn't be subjected to fading or yellowing in the light.

HC_Chief
01-06-2006, 03:22 PM

Those are excellent!
Is that freehand?

4th and Long
01-06-2006, 03:23 PM
I can mat it and frame it out if you like. Right now it's not though. It did have a show frame on it that's cheap but clean because a lot of these were in a show at the EMP in Seattle a year ago. But I have had this wrapped and stored so it wouldn't be subjected to fading or yellowing in the light.
Thanks for the info. I have a friend that's a huge Plant fan. I'll give him the rundown on the picture.

picasso
01-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Those are excellent!
Is that freehand?

Yes they are. Here, to show that I can use a brush I have attached another from a barn painting series that I did recently of Kansas barns.
This one isn't for sale but Ihave another one that is if you like barns. You'ld be amazed at how many people do.

morphius
01-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the info. I have a friend that's a huge Plant fan. I'll give him the rundown on the picture.
You're close friends with Denise?

ptlyon
01-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Yes they are. Here, to show that I can use a brush I have attached another from a barn painting series that I did recently of Kansas barns.
This one isn't for sale but Ihave another one that is if you like barns. You'ld be amazed at how many people do.

Hey, a lot of people were conceived in barns.

Wow - that is nice!

picasso
01-06-2006, 03:44 PM

That would be cool, thanks. It's in great shape and I know how a collector fan would love this kind of thing.

MOhillbilly
01-06-2006, 03:45 PM

Do you do ink?

picasso
01-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Do you do ink?

Yes I do. I haven't for about 8 years but I used to do a lot of fine detail cartooning and illustration. Also did a lot of tattoo design when I was in California when I was in the Navy. Probably a lot of those guys that ever got a tattoo at Tattoos in Oxnard are wearing my stuff to this day.
My inking history kinda shows in my pencil work in that it has deep contrast and detail.

MOhillbilly
01-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Yes I do. I haven't for about 8 years but I used to do a lot of fine detail cartooning and illustration. Also did a lot of tattoo design when I was in California when I was in the Navy. Probably a lot of those guys that ever got a tattoo at Tattoos in Oxnard are wearing my stuff to this day.
My inking history kinda shows in my pencil work in that it has deep contrast and detail.
next questions. do you do tattoos? Do you have a flash book?

4th and Long
01-06-2006, 04:02 PM
You're close friends with Denise?
I said he! Bastage! :cuss:

This board needs a "slap the shit out of someone" smilie. :D

Fish
01-06-2006, 04:07 PM
picasso.... you have some serious talent there..... you should be proud.

HC_Chief
01-06-2006, 04:10 PM

Excellent work! :thumb:

picasso
01-06-2006, 04:11 PM
next questions. do you do tattoos? Do you have a flash book?

I have designed them yes. But I never have done one on skin. People have wanted me to and I would if I was shown the proper method by a professional. As for a flash book I don't have one but I can customize a design just for you. Attached is a design I did recently that stretched across from shoulder to shoulder.

picasso
01-06-2006, 04:13 PM

Thanks man it's practically my living right now.

Inspector
01-06-2006, 04:14 PM

Wow.

Now I understand your username.

We have two incredible artists here...

picasso
01-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Thanks Inspector!

HemiEd
01-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks man it's practically my living right now.

Very Nice picasso, wow. :clap:
Where did you find that barn in Kansas that had a hill?

picasso
01-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Very Nice picasso, wow. :clap:
Where did you find that barn in Kansas that had a hill?

LOL. Really!
Well that piece was from a photo that I took in Miami county around Paola and Osawatomie where I grew up when I was about 16 years old. They have a few hills down there besides John Brown hill.

picasso
01-06-2006, 04:29 PM
The photo wasn't replicated so I may have embellished(sp) a little but the barn is the same.

MOhillbilly
01-06-2006, 04:31 PM
I have designed them yes. But I never have done one on skin. People have wanted me to and I would if I was shown the proper method by a professional. As for a flash book I don't have one but I can customize a design just for you. Attached is a design I did recently that stretched across from shoulder to shoulder.

Wow. not to puff up your PP to much,but ive been around Tats as long as i can remember and ive seen TONS of crap flash and designs by guys who thought they were good-great.
You sir are a 1%. i wish you did ink cause your stuff is what dreams are made of.

jspchief
I have designed them yes. But I never have done one on skin. People have wanted me to and I would if I was shown the proper method by a professional. As for a flash book I don't have one but I can customize a design just for you. Attached is a design I did recently that stretched across from shoulder to shoulder.Wow. That one reminds me of Larry Elmore.

Your work is just stunning.

ChiefaRoo
I thought Stevie Ray died in a plane crash in 1989.

WilliamTheIrish
01-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Dude, that barn image is outstanding.

Instantly took me back to my days as a kid on a Pot county farm

HemiEd
01-06-2006, 05:21 PM
LOL. Really!
Well that piece was from a photo that I took in Miami county around Paola and Osawatomie where I grew up when I was about 16 years old. They have a few hills down there besides John Brown hill.

The photo wasn't replicated so I may have embellished(sp) a little but the barn is the same.

Ah hah, thanks for the clarification. I really like it.

picasso
01-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks guys for all your nice words.I appreciate it. And Mo I just might try that again. I recently was contacted by a tat place up in Seattle that does high quality stuff requesting more art like that dragon but they wont pay what I like. Maybe I'll talk to them again, see if I can get something going.
Thanks again.

Nzoner
01-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Wow.

We have two incredible artists here...

Yep,I agree,props to both of them.

As for Stevie my fav is still this one

BigRedChief
01-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Yep,I agree,props to both of them.

As for Stevie my fav is still this one

Yep, one of my favs too. :clap:

Hammock Parties
01-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Holy shit, picasso.

Outstanding stuff.

Frankie
01-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Wow.

We have two incredible artists here...Umm... Three.

Mr. Kotter
01-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Stevie & picasso: wow! Very impressive. :clap:

Halfcan
01-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Nice work picasso-would love for you to do a Rush one for me-an original-I could send some pics for ideas. Let me know.

picasso
01-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Nice work picasso-would love for you to do a Rush one for me-an original-I could send some pics for ideas. Let me know.

You got it Halfcan. Send it and I will create it. I am a Rush fan to and have quite a few images to choose from. Send me a message and we'll exchange info.

Halfcan
01-07-2006, 12:05 AM
You got it Halfcan. Send it and I will create it. I am a Rush fan to and have quite a few images to choose from. Send me a message and we'll exchange info.

Kick Ass!! The Rush dragon is cool, but yours is freakin awesome. I am a big SRV fan-and have to say that is one of the best ever. Anyway, it seems like it would be a challange to sketch Pearts drums. I am excited to see what you could do with Rush. You have a lot of talent!!

listopencil
01-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Hey, picasso-seriously nice looking work!

Halfcan
01-07-2006, 12:10 AM

Yep I agree great work! You too Stevie-that is great stuff!!

Logical
01-07-2006, 12:31 AM
This one isn't for sale but Ihave another one that is if you like barns. You'ld be amazed at how many people do.That is friggin awesome. I am sure that it would be expensive as hell but I am impressed.

picasso
01-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Thanks Vlad I appreciate that. I sell most of my paintings anywhere from $800 to $2500. A couple have gone for more. I used to work on very large canvas like Stevieray's piece here but now I limit myself to under 36 inches. They seem to sell more and the expense is less. I have quite a bit of work back in KC in buildings and businesses around the area also a few private collections. I used to be shown at the Wildlife galleries downtown on the plaza when I was just out of high school. I am also a photoshop guru and graphic designer. That is my career. I do a ton of work for Microsoft and various ad and design agencies in Seattle. If you ever need anything done man let me know.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2006, 11:45 AM
picasso: ever think about selling prints?

There's a huge market for it on Ebay.

picasso
01-07-2006, 02:00 PM
picasso: ever think about selling prints?

There's a huge market for it on Ebay.

Yeah I did it in the past. I don't anymore. I would like anyone that enjoys it to enjoy the real thing. It means more to me and I know it means more to them to know that there isn't a copy out there. I made up and down money at it when i did it. I know a lot of artists that do it at showings these days where people can purchase a smaller version of the large original for a bathrooom hanging. I guess it is really lucrative for them. Me, I'll be the starving artist before I sell out my originals.

4th and Long
01-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Me, I'll be the starving artist before I sell out my originals.
I used to be like you. Then I broke down my time spent on a project vs what I sold it for and realized I could make that kind of money behind the counter working at McDonalds. ;)

picasso
01-07-2006, 03:28 PM
I used to be like you. Then I broke down my time spent on a project vs what I sold it for and realized I could make that kind of money behind the counter working at McDonalds. ;)

That's why I'm a graphic designer. I do a ton of work for Microsoft and other companies on site or more frequently from my home as of late. I have a complete studio where I can create almost anything a client needs. Pays the bills so I can play I mean paint.

4th and Long
01-07-2006, 03:32 PM
That's why I'm a graphic designer. I do a ton of work for Microsoft and other companies on site or more frequently from my home as of late. I have a complete studio where I can create almost anything a client needs. Pays the bills so I can play I mean paint.
Now I have to hate you. :D

stevieray
01-07-2006, 03:36 PM

I've been able to support a family of four for ten years with my art. I feel very blessed.

sometimes it's almost surreal. Been a hell of a ride.

picasso
01-07-2006, 03:44 PM
I've been able to support a family of four for ten years with my art. I feel very blessed.

sometimes it's almost surreal. Been a hell of a ride.

I have been there man but I hate the droughts ya know Stevie.
I had to find something to do to give me something consistant.
If you have been able to do it for that long you are blessed, that's cool.
More power to ya.

stevieray
01-07-2006, 03:50 PM
I have been there man but I hate the droughts ya know Stevie.
I had to find something to do to give me something consistant.
If you have been able to do it for that long you are blessed, that's cool.
More power to ya.

Ya, but I'd like to get back into illustration.. I used to do a ton of pencil and pen and ink work years ago.

It's cool when you can find your niche. Congrats on the microsoft gig. I worked for Chili's for a couple of years. Used to fly across the country doing on site murals.

But you're right, when it's good its great, and when its bad, It's really bad.

Most artist's I have met at one time or another have all gone through.."this is it...I'm never getting another job"...yet it always comes through.

picasso
01-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Ya, but I'd like to get back into illustration.. I used to do a ton of pencil and pen and ink work years ago.

It's cool when you can find your niche. Congrats on the microsoft gig. I worked for Chili's for a couple of years. Used to fly across the country doing on site murals.

But you're right, when it's good its great, and when its bad, It's really bad.

Most artist's I have met at one time or another have all gone through.."this is it...I'm never getting another job"...yet it always comes through.

Exactly.
Not only that I tend to get bored doing one thing. I used to work at Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro Toys creating fantasy artwork for Magic, Pokemon, and other games. That was the place I always wanted to be. I tried for years to get on board there and I finally got my chance. When they sold the company to Hasbro they downsized and that was it. I still do some work for them as a freelancer when they are looking for something specific but I started doing corporate design because it's easy crap and now I use my imagination on the stuff I put into galleries and not just fantasy artwork either. One thing I don't have is a specific style so I paint in a series to create a style and then the next series change it up as well as the medium. One series I'll do high detail watercolors and the next series I'll do acrylic with alcohol washes and colored pencil details maybe even a charcoal drawing with acrylic transparent overlays on box board. So I am always fresh and finding something new. Whether it sells or not I don't care I'll hang it myself.
I'm also a collector so I do a lot of trade for something I like with other artists that do the same.