PDA

View Full Version : Would Al Saunders return as OC if the Chiefs gave him Gregg Williams-type money?

FloridaMan88
01-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Would that be enough to swallow his pride and return?

MOhillbilly
01-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Would that be enough to swallow his pride and return?

Let him talk it over w/ Gunther first.

JBucc
01-06-2006, 04:58 PM
They only gave Williams that much because they want him as HC after Gibbs leaves, I don't think Carl wants to do the same with Al.

Rausch
01-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Why, when he can make that AND be HC?

chiefsfaninNC
01-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Why, when he can make that AND be HC?

I am not so sure he is going to get a head coaching job this year

MOhillbilly
01-06-2006, 05:01 PM
I am not so sure he is going to get a head coaching job this year

Why?

chiefsfaninNC
01-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Why?

Look at the news reports. He keeps getting passed up. The only teams left now looking for coaches supposedly don't have him on their list of candidates.

BigRock
01-06-2006, 05:15 PM
They were just talking about this on ESPN News, that surely one of the first things Herm would want to do would be to try keeping Saunders. Chris Mortenson said Al doesn't have a big ego, but it's hard to say how being passed over might effect his decision.

Rausch
01-06-2006, 05:25 PM
They were just talking about this on ESPN News, that surely one of the first things Herm would want to do would be to try keeping Saunders. Chris Mortenson said Al doesn't have a big ego, but it's hard to say how being passed over might effect his decision.

Who's St.Louis got?

Old Dog
01-06-2006, 05:36 PM
He'll be hired in Detroit. (Unlike most everyone else I don't have any sources telling me this, it's just what I believe.)

Chan93lx50
01-06-2006, 05:51 PM
He'll be hired in Detroit. (Unlike most everyone else I don't have any sources telling me this, it's just what I believe.)

What no sources? Then I am not going to believe a damn thing you say! :p

kczoo
01-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Fugg that draw play Shiznit!!! See Ya Al!!

KCJake
01-06-2006, 06:13 PM
:rolleyes:

milkman
01-06-2006, 06:16 PM

Big ego or not, having been passed over for a promotion within the organization for the third time, I just can't see how Al would ever return to KC.

FAX
01-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Big ego or not, having been passed over for a promotion within the organization for the third time, I just can't see how Al would ever return to KC.

if i was al

i would tell carl

to shove it

but, then, he may already have

FAX

Mr. Laz
01-06-2006, 06:20 PM
i wouldn't ...

if i'm saunder i tell carl to go F himself

carl has shown his hand, if nothing else i'd go be an OC someplace else ... somewhere where they would actually give me an honest shot.

Mr. Laz
01-06-2006, 06:23 PM

how quickly they forget about the jimmy rayes of the world

marty shottenheimer and his OC couldn't do jack squat with the best offensive line if football for 8 yrs.

vermeil + saunder turn our offensive personel into the #1 offense in the league.

Hammock Parties
01-06-2006, 07:11 PM
I'd rather give Al Saunders 20 million over 5 years than Germ Edwards.

chiefsfan1963
01-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Any idea how much AS is making now? $500K-$750K?

Do these guys work 10 months a year and take off 2?
Let's say that the above is true. If they work 100 hr weeks that's 400 hrs a month x 10 months that's 4000 hrs a year which means if he's making $750K/yr he would be making $188/hr. What do you think?
If what I calculate is true then these guys are a good value for the money. I bet they work more hours then 4000 hrs which would mean the owners get their money's worth.

sedated
01-06-2006, 08:13 PM
at least here he knows what he is getting.

at 58, why waste precious years rebuilding an offense?

he could have TOTAL control, no more Grandpa Dick telling him what to do.

it's hope, but that's all we have.

Imon Yourside
01-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Al already makes around 1.1 million, and if I was Al I would say F*** you where you breathe Carl. Wherever Al gets a job will be my 2nd favorite team unless of course that's the raiders or donkeys.

AirForceChief
01-06-2006, 09:23 PM
They only gave Williams that much because they want him as HC after Gibbs leaves, I don't think Carl wants to do the same with Al.

Of course we all know that Hemi Ed is the last head coach CP will hire, right?

jAZ
01-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Of course we all know that Hemi Ed is the last head coach CP will hire, right?
The comparison to Gregg Williams is deeply flawed. Carl Peterson is refusing to hire Saunders as a HC and he is hiring someone else instead. I don't believe for a minute that Al Saunders would accept a big-money-to-be-the-HCOTF contract. He got that run around last time when the Raiders & Nebraska offered him a job. There's no reason in the world for Al to believe there is a future position as KC HC for him.

He MIGHT stay because he doesn't have any other opportunities in the NFL and he sees KC under Herm as a chance to better his resume by proving it wasn't all Vermiel Magic that gave us such a great offense.

He might also stay just for the money, but again it would require no other HC opportunities available to him.