PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watch Battlestar Galactica tonight?

siberian khatru
01-06-2006, 11:52 PM
I waited months for the new season to start on that cliffhanger. Now, I can't WAIT until next Friday to see the next episode.

That series ROCKS. The last 5 minutes especially were terrific.

listopencil
01-06-2006, 11:56 PM
It went downhill when they got to Earth and rode around on motorcycles. That was just cheesy. Or did you mean the new one?

VonneMarie
01-06-2006, 11:57 PM
No, was Herm Edwards in it?

listopencil
01-07-2006, 12:03 AM
No, was Herm Edwards in it?

I think he played "Jemfish Madala" the Starfighter pilot with a chip on his shoulder and a heart of gold who died in season two in a Ceylon attack.

beer bacon
01-07-2006, 12:05 AM
I was pretty upset that the whole battle ended up being a huge cocktease. You could even tell that Adama was pissed off. I was waiting for him to explode from rage and freak out the whole episode.

siberian khatru
01-07-2006, 12:16 AM
I was pretty upset that the whole battle ended up being a huge cocktease. You could even tell that Adama was pissed off. I was waiting for him to explode from rage and freak out the whole episode.

I think they made up for it with the ending. And I suspect that next week's episode won't be a tease. Cain's going down.

Adept Havelock
01-07-2006, 10:10 AM
I think they made up for it with the ending. And I suspect that next week's episode won't be a tease. Cain's going down.

Adm. Nayala Cain= Crazier George S. Patton w/tits.

She needs to die. Quickly. :cuss:

Frazod
01-07-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm seen a handful of episodes over the past couple of years. Today I took the last of my Christmas gift cards and picked up Seasons 1 and 2.0.

I did catch last night's episode, which was awesome. Michelle Forbes is awesome - I always really liked her in Star Trek.

I sure hope those assclowns at DTV start offering SciFi Channel in high def SOON. :banghead:

4th and Long
01-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Adm. Nayala Cain= Crazier George S. Patton w/tits.

She needs to die. Quickly. :cuss:
Michelle Forbes is too hot to kill off right away.

Deberg_1990
01-07-2006, 02:37 PM
I watched part of it..excellent show. I liked how they took the whole Pegasus/Commander Cain storyline from the orginal series and made something new and fresh out of it. I love how they are respecting fans (like me) who loved the orginal show as well.

ChiefaRoo
01-07-2006, 02:44 PM
She needs a spankin' and I'm just the guy to do it!

Kylo Ren
01-07-2006, 03:47 PM
I liked the old Battlestar Gallactica. The new series SUCKS!

Bowser
01-07-2006, 05:38 PM
I liked the old Battlestar Gallactica. The new series SUCKS!

Do you miss Boxey and Muffitt?

4th and Long
01-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Michelle Forbes is too hot to kill off right away.
Well hell, I was right. Sort of. They waited one whole extra week before they killed her. Sonsabitches.

Frazod
01-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Well hell, I was right. Sort of. They waited one whole extra week before they killed her. Sonsabitches.

I wasn't surprised that they killed her off, but I was surprised that the Pegasus survived and remained with the fleet. In the original series, the Pegasus wasn't destroyed, but for reasons I don't remember from 27 years ago, got separated from the Galactica and the fleet and wasn't seen again.

I guess having an extra battlestar with a reasonable, subordinate commander is a good thing. I do wonder how long that will last.

And it sounds like Baltar may finally be going over for real.

Frazod
01-13-2006, 10:32 PM
BTW - let me say that after watching every episode of the new series, it is easily my favorite show on TV (blows Lost's doors off), and may be my favorite TV show ever. The quality of the acting, special effects, writing and hell, pretty much everything is amazing. Even the wife is hooked.

Battlestar Gallactica ROCKS! :thumb:

beer bacon
01-13-2006, 10:32 PM
It is going to be all kinds of ****ed up if the current President actually dies and Baltar succeeds her.

Frazod
01-13-2006, 10:36 PM
It is going to be all kinds of ****ed up if the current President actually dies and Baltar succeeds her.

Yep. And these writers are twisted as hell (I mean that in the best way :D ) - there are any number of different directions they can run with it.

listopencil
01-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Do you miss Boxey and Muffitt?

http://www.blast.net/hart/kids.jpg

Why do you have to bring up such horrible memories?

Frazod
01-13-2006, 11:23 PM
http://www.tvacres.com/images/battlestar-gallatica.jpg

Why do you have to bring up such horrible memories?

Luckily, your attempt to post a photo of those turds produced a red X. :grr:

Miles
01-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Yeah that was pretty damn good. One of the best shows on right now and easily beats anything the networks have to offer.

Deberg_1990
01-13-2006, 11:27 PM
BTW - let me say that after watching every episode of the new series, it is easily my favorite show on TV (blows Lost's doors off), and may be my favorite TV show ever. The quality of the acting, special effects, writing and hell, pretty much everything is amazing. Even the wife is hooked.

Better than Lost?? I wouldnt quite go that far, but its quality TV no doubt. Like i mentioned earlier, I love how they are respecting the original TV show, but yet are twisting it and making it fresh and 100% better. I wonder when they remake "Gun on Ice Planet Zero" ??? LOL

Frazod
01-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Yeah that was pretty damn good. One of the best shows on right now and easily beats anything the networks have to offer.

Only Deadwood rivals it, IMO.

listopencil
01-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Luckily, your attempt to post a photo of those turds produced a red X. :grr:

As soon as I read the names on my screen the image came to me, unbidden.

Frazod
01-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Better than Lost?? I wouldnt quite go that far, but its quality TV no doubt. Like i mentioned earlier, I love how they are respecting the original TV show, but yet are twisting it and making it fresh and 100% better.

Sorry, BG blows Lost away. I like Lost, but there are too many episodes that leave me feeling jerked around and cheated - way too much flashback and far too little linear advancement of the main story. I haven't yet felt that way about BG.

Deberg_1990
01-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Sorry, BG blows Lost away. I like Lost, but there are too many episodes that leave me feeling jerked around and cheated - way too much flashback and far too little linear advancement of the main story. I haven't yet felt that way about BG.

I will admit that Lost does have a few episodes where they seem to be just "treading water" and filling time.

Frazod
01-13-2006, 11:36 PM
As soon as I read the names on my screen the image came to me, unbidden.

I actually borrowed the DVD of the original pilot episode from the '78 series from my neighbor. I'll probably watch it this weekend.

So I'll be seeing Boxey and his f#cking mechanical daggit soon enough.

Thank god for fast forward.

Deberg_1990
01-13-2006, 11:38 PM
I actually borrowed the DVD of the original pilot episode from the '78 series from my neighbor. I'll probably watch it this weekend.

Make sure its the original 3 hour TV version. Much better than the re-edited 2 hours version.

listopencil
01-13-2006, 11:39 PM

Heh, no shit. I changed the pic. Go look. I dare you.

Frazod
01-13-2006, 11:40 PM

Damn Bronco fan! :cuss:

Miles
01-13-2006, 11:41 PM
Only Deadwood rivals it, IMO.

The other one I might like better is The Shield.

One of the best things with Battlestar is the writing. Most shows like this have at least some cheasy shit in it.

Herzig
01-14-2006, 12:33 AM

Frack you!

Herzig
01-14-2006, 12:35 AM
I wasn't surprised that they killed her off, but I was surprised that the Pegasus survived and remained with the fleet. In the original series, the Pegasus wasn't destroyed, but for reasons I don't remember from 27 years ago, got separated from the Galactica and the fleet and wasn't seen again.

I guess having an extra battlestar with a reasonable, subordinate commander is a good thing. I do wonder how long that will last.

And it sounds like Baltar may finally be going over for real.

Yeah, in the original...Peagus went after 3 base stars...destroyed 2 and was last seen going after Baltar's base star.

Shit...I'm starting to feel like goatcheeze..

KcMizzou
01-14-2006, 01:32 AM
Yeah, in the original...Peagus went after 3 base stars...destroyed 2 and was last seen going after Baltar's base star.

Shit...I'm starting to feel like goatcheeze..Hell.. I'm just feeling left out. I need to buy season 1 on DVD and get my geek on.

stumppy
01-14-2006, 02:15 AM

I feel the same way. I never have been the type of person who got caught up in any TV show until now. BSG II is as good as it gets.:thumb: