PDA

View Full Version : 2006-2007 Opponents

runnercyclist
01-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Just heard on NFL Nework that Herm, if hired by the Chiefs, will not have to worry about the NY media next years as the Chiefs don't play the Jets or the Giants.

How do they know?

Is next years opponents and/or schedule posted somewhere?

Being an out of town Chiefs fan, I'd love this info so I can start planning my games to see in person next year!

Anyone have any 411...

ClearmontChief
01-07-2006, 07:51 AM
The 2006 opponents are already posted on kcchiefs.com. The 'opponents' are already decided for several years into the future, very little is left to figure out. Since we finished 2nd (AFC West) in 2005, our final two opponents are 2nd place teams in whatever division the future opponents schedule says. - Google it.

chefsos
01-07-2006, 07:53 AM
The schedule is on a regular rotating basis. Here's the future:

HOME
Baltimore
Cincinnati
San Francisco
Seattle
AFC South

AWAY
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Arizona
St. Louis
AFC East

HOME
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Green Bay
Minnesota
AFC North

AWAY
Houston
Indianapolis
Chicago
Detroit
AFC East

HOME
Buffalo
Miami
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
AFC South

AWAY
New England
NY Jets
Atlanta
Carolina
AFC North

HOME
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Dallas
NY Giants
AFC East

AWAY
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Philadelphia
Washington
AFC South

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afcw.htm

ClearmontChief
01-07-2006, 07:53 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/01/02/kansas_citys_opponents_determined_for_2006

The National Football League officially announced the Chiefs 2006 regular season opponents on Monday, as well as opponents for all 32 teams in the NFL. The complete 2006 NFL schedule including dates and times will be determined at a later date.

Kansas City’s schedule for 2006 features six games coming against five teams that qualified for the 2005 playoffs. In addition to two games apiece against AFC West champion Denver, the Chiefs will also face AFC North Champion Cincinnati, which will make a return trip to Arrowhead along with NFC West winner Seattle. The Seahawks finished the 2005 campaign with a franchise-record 13-3 regular season record.

The Chiefs will also face both of the AFC’s Wild Card teams in 2006. Kansas City has a road contest at Pittsburgh, marking the Chiefs first regular season road game against the Steelers since ‘89 and the club’s first-ever appearance at Heinz Field. Based on Kansas City’s second-place finish in the AFC West, the Chiefs will host Jacksonville at Arrowhead in 2006. The Jaguars were the second-place finisher in the AFC South and earned a Wild Card berth with a 12-4 record.

The Chiefs will again have a home-and-home series with AFC West opponents Oakland, Denver and San Diego. Kansas City will also renew its Governor’s Cup rivalry with St. Louis, visiting the Edward Jones Dome for the first time in the regular season since ‘97. Baltimore will make its first-ever appearance at Arrowhead Stadium in 2006. The Ravens are the only remaining NFL team that has yet to play at Arrowhead. The Chiefs will also host San Francisco at Arrowhead for the first time since ‘97.

In addition to the aforementioned game at Pittsburgh, other AFC road trips for the Chiefs in 2006 will include games at Cleveland and at Miami. Kansas City’s game at Miami is based on the Chiefs second-place finish in the AFC West. The Chiefs will make their initial appearance at Cardinals Stadium, which is set to debut in 2006. Kansas City’s last regular season visit to Arizona came in 2001.

ClearmontChief
01-07-2006, 07:55 AM
Last part didn't copy: Chiefs 2006 Opponents:

Home: Denver, Oakland, San Diego, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Seattle.
Away: Denver, Oakland, San Diego, Arizona, Cleveland, Miami, Pittsburgh, St. Louis.

Schedule will be created by the NFL and released later.

runnercyclist
01-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Thanks all

I'm jazzed. I live in Pittsburgh so, that one and Cleveland are for-sures. Will get back to Arrowhead for the Cincy game too!

Yahoo!

Nelson Muntz
01-07-2006, 08:11 AM
How long has Baltimore been in the league now? I hadn't realized that we've never played them here. I also hadn't realized we haven't been to Pittsburgh since 89.