PDA

View Full Version : AS under contract?

redbrian
01-07-2006, 10:11 AM
Haven’t seen this discussed yet.
Is Al still under contract with the Chiefs?
If so do the Chiefs just let him walk or do they get compensation for him?

nychief
01-07-2006, 10:12 AM
till febuary 1st... like all the coaches.

nychief
01-07-2006, 10:12 AM
we will never get comp. no.

BigRedChief
01-07-2006, 10:16 AM

no draft picks for asst. coaches or OC/DC anyway.

redbrian
01-07-2006, 10:17 AM

Is that a set in place policy?
My understanding is that the whole draft choices for a coach is a rather new phenomena.
Why not lock up Al with a contract extension and set a new precedent by asking for say a 4th round draft pick, after all Al is the not only the OC but also the assistant Head Coach.

Dave Lane
01-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Because he isn't going to sign one at this point unless he plans to stay which I really hope he does.

Dave

milkman
01-07-2006, 10:28 AM
Is that a set in place policy?
My understanding is that the whole draft choices for a coach is a rather new phenomena.
Why not lock up Al with a contract extension and set a new precedent by asking for say a 4th round draft pick, after all Al is the not only the OC but also the assistant Head Coach.

Why in the world would Al agree to anextention?

Can you give me one good reason?

I can give you four reasons he would want to get the **** out.

Jimmy Raye.
Gunther Cunningham.
Herm Edwards

And last, but not least,
Carl Peterson.

redbrian
01-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Why in the world would Al agree to anextention?

Can you give me one good reason?

I can give you four reasons he would want to get the **** out.

Jimmy Raye.
Gunther Cunningham.
Herm Edwards

And last, but not least,
Carl Peterson.

This is just a hypothetical exercise.

Why would he sign an extension? Don’t know, to help his buddies out.

Why would he stay with the Chiefs as opposed to going to say the Lions, Jets or Raiders?

Could be he would like to be with a team that has a chance to make it to the playoffs next year, as opposed to a team that will have to be rebuilt and will suck ass for his whole time there before he is canned and has a blemish on his record.

Al Davis makes Carl look like a prince.

Mr. Laz
01-07-2006, 10:50 AM

which "buddies" would those be?

carl peterson ... the buddy would passes his ass over for every head coaching chance there is?

gunther ... the moron that got chosen OVER him the last time a head coaching gig came open.

Herm edwards ... foot shuffling porter part deux

Solari ... the guy would started dealing directly with the head coach about the running game ... bypassing the chain of command and undercutting Saunders.

which of these close "Buddies" deserves his loyalty?

milkman
01-07-2006, 10:54 AM

Why would he stay with the Chiefs as opposed to going to say the Lions, Jets or Raiders?

Could be he would like to be with a team that has a chance to make it to the playoffs next year, as opposed to a team that will have to be rebuilt and will suck ass for his whole time there before he is canned and has a blemish on his record.

Al Davis makes Carl look like a prince.

Al is 58 years old.
This quite possibly could be his last opportunity to take his shot at another HC job.

Assuming, however, just for the sake of argument, that he did come back to KC as OC, and has other opportunities in a year or two, he'll still be looking at HC positions that are similiar to the Lions, Texans, and Jets.

So why wait?

In today's NFL, teams, with the right moves, can be rebuilt in 2-3 years, or less.

If I'm Al, I tell the Chiefs to go **** themselves.

redbrian
01-07-2006, 11:05 AM
which "buddies" would those be?

carl peterson ... the buddy would passes his ass over for every head coaching chance there is?

gunther ... the moron that got chosen OVER him the last time a head coaching gig came open.

Solari ... the guy would started dealing directly with the head coach about the running game ... bypassing the chain of command and undercutting Saunders.

which of these close "Buddies" deserves his loyalty?

Well this is going off on a strange tangent.

But lets go down your list with a little less vehemence.

Carl wants a defensive minded coach to fix the glaring problem with the Chiefs, this is what the media and fans in this city have been screaming for. How does this make Carl the bad guy here?

Carl choose Gunther to be the coach, unless you have some secret documents or tapes showing collusion between Gunther and Carl to back stab Al why is Gunther a bad guy here? I have never heard that there is a problem between Al and Gunther.

Damn I guess you don’t like Herm, but again how is Herm the bad guy here as far as Al is concerned?

Woof, I don’t think you have a firm grasp on how that one played out, Solari’s job was the running game. Dick asked him for his advice (the correct move).

which of these close "Buddies" deserves his loyalty

How about the players and the fans?

Mr. Laz
01-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Well this is going off on a strange tangent.

But lets go down your list with a little less vehemence.

Carl wants a defensive minded coach to fix the glaring problem with the Chiefs, this is what the media and fans in this city have been screaming for. How does this make Carl the bad guy here?

Carl choose Gunther to be the coach, unless you have some secret documents or tapes showing collusion between Gunther and Carl to back stab Al why is Gunther a bad guy here? I have never heard that there is a problem between Al and Gunther.

Damn I guess you don’t like Herm, but again how is Herm the bad guy here as far as Al is concerned?

Woof, I don’t think you have a firm grasp on how that one played out, Solari’s job was the running game. Dick asked him for his advice (the correct move).

which of these close "Buddies" deserves his loyalty

How about the players and the fans?

you make valid points ... but i question the revelance of them.

example: whether Vermeil ask solari for his advice in the running game or not ... it's still Solari > saunders. The hard feelings will be there regardless of how it happened.

also doesn't matter that Herm didn't "choose himself" he is still carl's buddies ... he is still the "latest" guy that was chosen OVER saunders.

you misunderstand my points ... there doesn't have to be any personal grudge between Saunders and any of these guys. The situation can dictate the feelings.

you brought up "buddies" ... i contend that the situation doesn't lend itself to many of these guys being buddies with Al.

imo if it weren't for Saunders loyalty to the players and the kansas city area he would of been gone already.

Peterson has made his decision ... burnt that bridge imo.

i will be very surprised if Saunders swallows his pride and gives Peterson another chance to slap him in the face.

Dunit35
01-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Al Saunders unfortunately will not be here next year and the end of our magnificant offense is over, all because of CP's huge ego.

FAX
01-07-2006, 01:56 PM
There once was an OC named Al
Who was Vermeil's AC and pal
Now he's out of a job
Cause he won't s*ck Carl's knob
Or run a play up Carl's canal

FAX