PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Black in Green & White

Wile_E_Coyote
01-07-2006, 02:40 PM
this thread was mentioned in another thread the other day. Don't know if a link was provided, but it's worth a smile

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=28650

Rausch
01-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Later...

Tribal Warfare
01-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Seeyaaaaaaaaah

we should send the Jets' fans roses too

Dunit35
01-07-2006, 02:44 PM
I didnt know he was a FA. I hope we attempt to resign him. I know he wasnt great, but hes a backup.

Spicy McHaggis
01-07-2006, 02:53 PM
If Shields retires then do we slide Welbourn in his place? If we don't and keep Welbourne at RT I would think we would try Black at RG again.

Rain Man
01-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Maybe they'll give us our fourth-round pick for him.

Errrr, I mean, maybe they'll give us a 1st round pick for him.

stevieray
01-07-2006, 03:01 PM
If Shields retires then do we slide Welbourn in his place? If we don't and keep Welbourne at RT I would think we would try Black at RG again.

Sampson

Spicy McHaggis
01-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Sampson

At RG or RT?

stevieray
01-07-2006, 03:21 PM
At RG or RT?

RT. On DV's last radio show with Grunny, he brought it up. Also said something along the lines of Svitek(sp) being ready to play next year.

They were talking about replacing WS (switching JW to RG) and WR.

Spicy McHaggis
01-07-2006, 03:25 PM
RT. On DV's last radio show with Grunny, he brought it up. Also said something along the lines of Svitek(sp) being ready to play next year.

They were talking about replacing WS and WR.

Interesting, especially about Svitek. I figured when we drafted him he was at least 2-3 years away. Parquet actually seemed the more likely canidate in my eyes simply because of his experience as a run-blocker.

Speaking DV's radio show didn't he mention Cro Thorpe being ready for next year as well?

stevieray
01-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Interesting, especially about Svitek. I figured when we drafted him he was at least 2-3 years away. Parquet actually seemed the more likely canidate in my eyes simply because of his experience as a run-blocker.

Speaking DV's radio show didn't he mention Cro Thorpe being ready for next year as well?

I don't remember, but he did say that Alphonso Hodge was going to be a good player this upcoming season.

Reaper16
01-07-2006, 03:38 PM
I don't remember, but he did say that Alphonso Hodge was going to be a good player this upcoming season.
Jettisoning McPassOn and replacing him with Hodge's man cover skills is the definition of improvement. I'm excited.

alpha_omega
01-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Sounds great...hope the Jets on our schedule if this were to happen.

RealSNR
01-07-2006, 05:01 PM
I'd rather we hunt for a free agent Chris Bober-like FA. Black sucks ass

Rain Man
01-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Seeing Black in Green and White and is definitely preferable to seeing Green in Black and White, but I'm not sure how it compares to seeing Assistant Coach Mike White in Black and Green.

Alphaman
01-07-2006, 05:20 PM
I didnt know he was a FA. I hope we attempt to resign him. I know he wasnt great, but hes a backup.

He's a RFA so it will cost the Jets a 5th rounder to get him and we'd have a right to match any offer they sign him to.

huskerdooz
01-07-2006, 05:35 PM

IMO Black would work at RG if Welbourne was kept at RT. Anyone else remember the job he did replacing Shields in that BAL game a couple of seasons ago.

Reaper16
01-07-2006, 05:36 PM
He's a RFA so it will cost the Jets a 5th rounder to get him and we'd have a right to match any offer they sign him to.
Couldn't we have just traded Black for herm? :banghead:

penchief
01-07-2006, 06:00 PM

That's true, he was a RG out of Notre Dame. If nothing else he might actually play his original position pretty well. We know he can play RT well enough to stay on as Sampson backup if Welbourne moves to RG. I'd say that a young guy who can back up three line positions (two of them fairly well) is worthing trying to hang onto.

I've been following that thread, too.

Munson
01-07-2006, 06:01 PM
How about we trade Jordan Black for John Abraham straight up? That seems like a fair trade. ROFL