PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2006 O-Line preference.

Kclee
01-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Would you rather have the Chiefs sign someone like John Runyan at RT and move JW over to RG. Assuming Roaf stays and Shields retires.

or

Draft a tackle with the first pick. Put him at RT and again JW moves over a spot. Or maybe he doesn't outright start (sampson at RT) and the draft pick takes over for Roaf year two.

Which appeals to you more? Or supply your suggestion.

Reaper16
01-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Personally, I'd rather go with the draft a quality tackle and have him learn behind Roaf. I'm sure Sampson can handle RT.

Tribal Warfare
01-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Draft an OT particularly Marcus McNeill, but if Joe Thomas Jr. is medically cleared(knee) to go into the draft then it could get quite interesting.

PriestMVP31
01-07-2006, 09:19 PM
McNeill sucks, he plays too tall because he is tall, @ 6'9"

Reaper16
01-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Solari would correct any technique flaws and turn him into a beast.

jspchief
01-07-2006, 09:29 PM
McNeill sucks, he plays too tall because he is tall, @ 6'9"He sucks? Don't be an idiot.

He does play too upright, because in college he can get away with relying on his size. But he has excellent feet. He can get downfield when run blocking and has good lateral movement for pass blocking. He'll be a good NFL tackle.

Tribal Warfare
01-07-2006, 09:31 PM
He sucks enough to be the Outland Trophy winner this year, and guess what former Outland Trophy winner the Chiefs have......... you guessed it Will Shields .

Thanks for playing :D

kc-nd
01-07-2006, 09:32 PM
You're assuming we won't draft a wide receiver or a defensive lineman in the first round?

Frankie
01-07-2006, 09:33 PM
A stud LT to back up Roaf for a year or two and then take the job. Unless that is, Ngata is available at 20 by some miracle.

JBucc
01-07-2006, 09:34 PM
As long as Roaf stays I don't really give a shit who's at RT or RG. I want defense dammit!

jspchief
01-07-2006, 09:34 PM
You're assuming we won't draft a wide receiver or a defensive lineman in the first round?We better not draft a WR. The few that may be first rounders are over-rated IMO.

Tribal Warfare
01-07-2006, 09:41 PM
You're assuming we won't draft a wide receiver or a defensive lineman in the first round?

KC won't be drafting a WR, that's draftnik hype. Though if the right DT is available it could work, but I'm primarily going on the BPA in the first. A possibility could occur with trade down in the first for DT Jesse Mahelona or I believe KC will be looking at DT Gabe Watson the second round if they do go for an OT in the first.

Kclee
01-07-2006, 09:41 PM

No. It's a preference. Then you could supply your own. Like sign no one, and use the draft pick on a WR.

Tribal Warfare
01-07-2006, 09:44 PM
As long as Roaf stays I don't really give a shit who's at RT or RG. I want defense dammit!

You better care if Roaf gets injured KC is F*CKED. Marcus McNeill is a bigtime prospect at the #20 position.

Reaper16
01-07-2006, 09:59 PM
You better care if Roaf gets injured KC is F*CKED. Marcus McNeill is a bigtime prospect at the #20 position.
I'm actually worried about his availability. I haven't seen a recent mock lately that has him falling past Dallas or SD, at 18 and 19 repectively. Well, wecept for the 3 mocks that have us taking Chad Jackson (WR, Florida) :banghead:

Halfcan
01-07-2006, 10:06 PM
We better not draft a WR. The few that may be first rounders are over-rated IMO.

We need defense-two corners, safety, DE, at the very least.

Tribal Warfare
01-07-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm actually worried about his availability. I haven't seen a recent mock lately that has him falling past Dallas or SD, at 18 and 19 repectively. Well, wecept for the 3 mocks that have us taking Chad Jackson (WR, Florida) :banghead:

Joe Thomas Jr will determine where McNeill falls if Thomas declares this week.

Mecca
01-07-2006, 10:46 PM
We better not draft a WR. The few that may be first rounders are over-rated IMO.

Other than Santonio Holmes is a perfect fit for this current offensive system..........