PDA

View Full Version : Nick Athen Wrong Again!

dave0320
01-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Nick Athan - Scout.com
January 7, 2006 at 1:23am ET
Well that didn't take long. Less than twelve hours after Kansas City orchestrated a trade with the New York Jets that gave them permission to speak to Herman Edwards, the Chiefs have their 10th head coach under contract.

dave0320
01-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Nick Athan - Scout.com
January 7, 2006 at 1:23am ET
Well that didn't take long. Less than twelve hours after Kansas City orchestrated a trade with the New York Jets that gave them permission to speak to Herman Edwards, the Chiefs have their 10th head coach under contract.
:banghead:

Associated Press
Posted: 9 hours ago

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - The Kansas City Chiefs were close to coming to terms with Herman Edwards on a contract that would make him their next head coach, a person with knowledge of the negotiations told The Associated Press on Saturday night.

The person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the negotiations, said the team was hopeful of finishing the deal Sunday and formally introducing Edwards on Monday.
"There is reason to hope that something will be done by the first of the week," the person said. "But reports that an agreement has been reached are simply not correct."

The two sides are reportedly talking about an agreement that would give the 51-year-old Edwards between $4 and $5 million a year, a hefty raise over the $2 million per year that he was making as Jets coach. The Chiefs received permission Friday morning to talk with Edwards after the NFL office gave the OK for the Chiefs to compensate the Jets with a fourth-round choice in the 2006 draft.

Edwards will replace Dick Vermeil, who resigned after five years and led the Chiefs to a 10-6 record. They were the only 10-win team not to make the playoffs.

Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson and Edwards have been close friends for more than 30 years, since Peterson tried to recruit him to UCLA. Edwards' background as a defensive player and coach was also big factor in his favor.

Thig Lyfe
01-08-2006, 10:10 AM
They orchestrated a trade... which allowed the Chiefs to talk to Edwards? What???

Nick Athan is a disgrace to humankind.

milkman
01-08-2006, 10:11 AM
They orchestrated a trade... which allowed the Chiefs to talk to Edwards? What???

Nick Athan is a disgrace to humankind.

I think he's talking about the claim by Athan that Hermie has already been signed.

KCFalcon59
01-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Mortenson just reported that Herm signed a 4yr 12 million dollar contract.

Phobia
01-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Read the 3rd sentence of his article again.

NaptownChief
01-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Go 4-12 and get a 100-150% pay increase.....That is pretty impressive work that Herm Average pulled off...Hope he can do something similar on the field.

NaptownChief
01-08-2006, 10:14 AM

Hmmm so he only got a 50% pay increase....Still excellent considering most coaches that go 4-12 are typically drawing unemployment.

Thig Lyfe
01-08-2006, 10:18 AM
I think he's talking about the claim by Athan that Hermie has already been signed.

Yes, but that sentence doesn't make any sense either. What Athan is saying is that the two teams made a trade... and that trade allowed the Chiefs to talk to Edwards.

Athan couldn't construct a proper sentence if his life depended on it. He has a grasp on grammar and syntax equal to that of a severely retarded kitten.

Phobia
01-08-2006, 10:20 AM
A severely retarded kitten can't write, dude.

Skip Towne
01-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Do people actually read what Athan writes? If so, why?

Phobia
01-08-2006, 10:22 AM

I don't. Not until it has been edited by the Planet anyway.

Thig Lyfe
01-08-2006, 10:23 AM

They can type, though. When Athan writes an article, it's like somebody copied and pasted an article from Pro Football Talk into Word and then turned the keyboard over to his severely retarded kitten.

the Talking Can
01-08-2006, 10:27 AM
They can type, though. When Athan writes an article, it's like somebody copied and pasted an article from Pro Football Talk into Word and then turned the keyboard over to his severely retarded kitten.

no, I think he uses retarded kittens to beat the keys...he holds them by the legs and slaps the keyboard for awhile...then he rings up a bunch of idiot's credit cards..

dave0320
01-08-2006, 10:30 AM

Funny, he quotes from "The Star" and KSHB 41, and writes like he uncovered the story. Also this "INSIDER", is not even close on the $ contact. IU gues Nick and Rufus aren't talking any longer.
:LOL:

4th and Long
01-08-2006, 10:39 AM
In other related news, the sky is blue, the sun is really hot and water is wet.

HuddleClubKid
01-08-2006, 11:41 AM
For the record.... I reported what the KC Star said and what the TV reported... It was NOT Nick Athan or Warpaint Illustrated who broke the story... DID YOU ALL forget who told you it would be Edwards months ago... Read the entire article. I quoted both sources... and never made the claim that I knew it to be fact. Plus other TV stations picked up the same story laying claim to the terms reported by the KC Star on Friday night.

Even so I don't think Edwards would agree to only a raise of $1 million per season. That doesn't make much sense based on what he's gone through. You think the Jets would have paid him that to stay? I think so.

jspchief
01-08-2006, 11:43 AM
For the record.... I reported what the KC Star said and what the TV reported... It was NOT Nick Athan or Warpaint Illustrated who broke the story... DID YOU ALL forget who told you it would be Edwards months ago... Read the entire article. I quoted both sources... and never made the claim that I knew it to be fact.How's that "Saunders could be Detroit's head coach as soon as (a week ago)" scoop?

Snake oil sales up this off-season?

morphius
01-08-2006, 11:44 AM
They gave the same report on the news last night, they said that Edwards agent confirmed it when they called him, but the Chiefs were silent on it.

HuddleClubKid
01-08-2006, 11:45 AM
The Lions have not made a decision on a Head Coach either? Nor did I say it was fact. But if you check every other NFL website they list him as a candidate... Quite splitting hairs... The OIL runs both ways guys...

chiefs4me
01-08-2006, 11:49 AM

hmmm, I heard 5 years and 20 million.........:shrug:

jspchief
01-08-2006, 11:52 AM
The Lions have not made a decision on a Head Coach either? Nor did I say it was fact. But if you check every other NFL website they list him as a candidate... Quite splitting hairs... The OIL runs both ways guys...No, you didn't say it was fact. You use carefully worded headlines to entice people, but always leave a back door to slither out through. Slimy lawyers are impressed.

Why are you on this website? No one here cares about you and your scumbag operation. Sell your bullshit to the idiot fans of the world. Chiefsplanet members are smarter than that.

We don't post about your shit because we care. We post about your shit because we like to trash you. You'll always be a punching bag for this site. You might as well accept it and concentrate on conning other Chiefs fans.

chiefs4me
01-08-2006, 11:52 AM

NOT I........but I have read an article from the newest writer over at WI and it was pretty good..........:D

Mr. Laz
01-08-2006, 11:53 AM
NOT I........but I have read an article from the newest writer over at WI and it was pretty good..........:D
:rolleyes:

not you too :doh!:

chiefs4me
01-08-2006, 11:57 AM

not you too :doh!:

haha, not on the site mind you, he posted it on Pats Planet and here..:D
No worries honey, I would never leave you..........ROFL

the Talking Can
01-08-2006, 12:00 PM
For the record.... I reported what the KC Star said and what the TV reported... It was NOT Nick Athan or Warpaint Illustrated who broke the story... DID YOU ALL forget who told you it would be Edwards months ago... Read the entire article. I quoted both sources... and never made the claim that I knew it to be fact. Plus other TV stations picked up the same story laying claim to the terms reported by the KC Star on Friday night.

Even so I don't think Edwards would agree to only a raise of $1 million per season. That doesn't make much sense based on what he's gone through. You think the Jets would have paid him that to stay? I think so.

Take your insecure, illiterate ass back to WPI...they pay for you to hang around there.

"DID YOU ALL forget who told you it would be Edwards months ago..."

**** You. Everyone on God's green earth knew that....3 years ago. No one here thinks you are special because you steal money from a bunch of morons.

No one here is asking you for anything. Just go away.

And say hi to Ron Mix while you're at it.

HuddleClubKid
01-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Guys you think this stuff bothers me or Phil at ALL? It just fuels more people to Warpaint. You're doing us a favor. BTW.. At least I DON'T HIDE as you guys do. Especially you JPS Chief... What in the heck does JPS stand for anyway. Do YOU even have a real name?

You guys take portions of the stories and don't read the whole thing.

For the record, I did the Mix thing just for you guys... I knew it would get some run at the Planet...

Seriously you guys can rip all you want. I could care less. I think its funny that so much of you care about what I think both good and bad.

There are plenty of people who enjoy what we do outside of a handful of people at Planet...

Anyway, keep it up.. Throw out your best shot... At least I stand and take it while you guys don't do anything but hind behind a message board and take shots at someone who is more than willing to stand up for himself while NONE of you are willing to do so.

Regardless.... I bet this thread is the hottest topic of the day once again.....

For the record, anyone wants to talk to me direct like men, I'm willing to do so anytime as some of you already have done in recent weeks.

Chow for now!!!

InvinciBill
01-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Chow for now!!!

ROFL

teedubya
01-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Its Quit not quite... and Ciao, not Chow. Duh.

Damn, wonder why he gets shit for being illiterate?

milkman
01-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Its Quit not quite... and Ciao, not Chow. Duh.

Damn, wonder why he gets shit for being illiterate?

Not to mention "hide", not "hind".

Skip Towne
01-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah, you don't care what we think, so you come over here and try to justify your illiterate articles. I don't read what you write because I can guess just as good as you can. What are you wanting, a shootout at high noon? We aren't hiding from anybody least of all some self appointed wannabe "journalist".

milkman
01-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Chow for now!!!

ROFL

I'm hungry, what's for lunch?

FAX
01-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Yeah, you don't care what we think, so you come over here and try to justify your illiterate articles. I don't read what you write because I can guess just as good as you can. What are you wanting, a shootout at high noon? We aren't hiding from anybody least of all some self appointed wannabe "journalst".

Actually, Mr. Skip Towne, I am hiding from him.

FAX

nomad
01-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Whe a "reporter" is flat out wrong 75% of the time, what should he expect of his audience?

There comes a time when, if he wants to be taken seriously, would do more research, work harder at getting it right, or accept the consequences like a man.

To just talk louder and more often, proves the man to be a fool.

InvinciBill
01-08-2006, 12:29 PM

Perhaps a Fagita from McCoy's Pubic House?

Skip Towne
01-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Actually, Mr. Skip Towne, I am hiding from him.

FAX
I should have figured as much. :p

chiefs4me
01-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Guys you think this stuff bothers me or Phil at ALL? It just fuels more people to Warpaint. You're doing us a favor. BTW.. At least I DON'T HIDE as you guys do. Especially you JPS Chief... What in the heck does JPS stand for anyway. Do YOU even have a real name?

For the record, I did the Mix thing just for you guys... I knew it would get some run at the Planet...

Seriously you guys can rip all you want. I could care less. I think its funny that so much of you care about what I think both good and bad.

There are plenty of people who enjoy what we do outside of a handful of people at Planet...

Anyway, keep it up.. Throw out your best shot... At least I stand and take it while you guys don't do anything but hind behind a message board and take shots at someone who is more than willing to stand up for himself while NONE of you are willing to do so.

Regardless.... I bet this thread is the hottest topic of the day once again.....

For the record, anyone wants to talk to me direct like men, I'm willing to do so anytime as some of you already have done in recent weeks.

Chow for now!!!

oh you do care, Phil once told me, if you didn't care, you wouldn't come back or read it...........:D

"some have already done"...okay, who's the kiss ass on the planet????

chiefs4me
01-08-2006, 12:32 PM

Roast...:D

the Talking Can
01-08-2006, 12:32 PM

Chow for now!!!

If you didn't care you and your paid employees wouldn't monitor the board 24/7 responding to every slur.

You care a lot, because you know we're right. You sell 3rd grade writing samples to retards.

Go home. Your drooling fans are waiting for you at WPI.

and what the **** does "chow" mean?

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
01-08-2006, 12:36 PM

So you are an illiterate ass clown just for our benefit? Well Thank you!

Besides what you currently publish you should publish the programs for the Special Olympics as well, really make the athletes competeing feel better about themselves. Show them there are people in this world far less capable than themselves that can "make it"!

Sure-Oz
01-08-2006, 12:40 PM
If you don't care then quit posting over here.

dirk digler
01-08-2006, 12:42 PM

Chow for now!!!

Then why are you here if you don't care? You were totally wrong about Saunders being signed by Detroit on Monday. You wrote it you own it just admit you made a mistake and move on.

Skip Towne
01-08-2006, 12:46 PM
If you didn't care you and your paid employees wouldn't monitor the board 24/7 responding to every slur.

You care a lot, because you know we're right. You sell 3rd grade writing samples to retards.

Go home. Your drooling fans are waiting for you at WPI.

and what the **** does "chow" mean?
Actually it's spelled ciao and is an Italian word used as a greeting or farewell. But you can't expect that retard to know that. Are you one of those guys that are "hinding" from him?

FAX
01-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Actually it's spelled ciao and is an Italian word used as a greeting or farewell. But you can't expect that retard to know that. Are you one of those guys that are "hinding" from him?

Don't answer that, Mr. the Talking Can.

FAX

the Talking Can
01-08-2006, 12:51 PM

Actually, I think we should stage an intervention.

Nick Athan has a problem and he has to admit it.

We can get him into this program (http://web2.uvcs.uvic.ca/elc/studyzone/) and save him before it is too late.

ChiefsFan4Life
01-08-2006, 12:57 PM

Chow for now!!!

It's JSP you moron

And for the record, there's nothing I hate worse than people that say "I could care less"

It's COULDN'T you jackass unless you actually care

What an asshat

KcMizzou
01-08-2006, 01:09 PM
And for the record, there's nothing I hate worse than people that say "I could care less"

It's COULDN'T you jackass unless you actually care

Heh, we had a big debate about this once. (I agree that "couldn't" makes more sense.)

Regardless.... I bet this thread is the hottest topic of the day once again..... Oh, absolutely. It's comedy gold.

chiefs4me
01-08-2006, 01:20 PM

a little birdy told me that you joined WI and posted over there.....:hmmm:

Skip Towne
01-08-2006, 01:49 PM
a little birdy told me that you joined WI and posted over there.....:hmmm:
I went over there as a courtesy to Phil but it is just too screwed up to post there. And now that I know a little about the management over there, there isn't much chance of me going back.

Mr. Laz
01-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Guys you think this stuff bothers me or Phil at ALL? It just fuels more people to Warpaint. You're doing us a favor.
so you do know that this crap is advertising for your site and that every time you bump a thread your spamming.

so much for the "I'm innocent" crap from the other thread.

if Phil wasn't there the mods around here would of blocks this crap days ago.

Phil is friends with them ... you bought wisely.

But make no mistake it's Phil's doing, not yours.

teedubya
01-08-2006, 02:03 PM
I took a huge poop, it looks just like Nick Athan. wow.

KChiefs1
01-08-2006, 02:16 PM
As long as they have moderators over there like Splat, it isn't worth going over there IMHO.

Phobia
01-08-2006, 02:22 PM
As long as they have moderators over there like Splat, it isn't worth going over there IMHO.

I'm not particularly interested in discussing the Athan hatefest because that ship has sailed.

But I'm intrigued by this comment. What's up with Splat?

Skip Towne
01-08-2006, 02:24 PM
I took a huge poop, it looks just like Nick Athan. wow.
I'm betting it smells like him too.

KChiefs1
01-08-2006, 02:37 PM
But I'm intrigued by this comment. What's up with Splat?

I believe he was the moderator over there who pulled about 4 of my posts when I found that board last year. After the 4th one was pulled I told him to F@%K himself.

I haven't checked it out since, but that definitely turned me off. I'm sure you are trying to change the "culture" over there, but it isn't my type of atmosphere.

Anytime a forum starts pulling posts...I outta there!

HuddleClubKid
01-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Phil's right this ship has sailed. I'm just having the same fun as you all. I love the banter. Good and Bad... We differ and always will and there is nothing wrong with that. Again, if anyone wants to talk to me straight up I'm more than willing to do it.

Alphaman
01-08-2006, 02:46 PM
I believe he was the moderator over there who pulled about 4 of my posts when I found that board last year. After the 4th one was pulled I told him to F@%K himself.

I haven't checked it out since, but that definitely turned me off. I'm sure you are trying to change the "culture" over there, but it isn't my type of atmosphere.

What was the content and context of your posts?

I said this before and I'll say it again, many on this board doubt that Nick has any contacts inside the Chiefs organization. That's fair, it really can't be proven. However, what can be proven is that Nick gets press passes to the games and sits in the press box, Nick goes to the press conferences and the Chiefs send Nick a copy of the press releases along with the other media outlets of KC. No other publisher/owner of a Chiefs website can say that.

Nick has been heard on 810 and other radio shows and been seen on Metro Sports TV.

Halfcan
01-08-2006, 02:51 PM

Chow for now!!!

Seriously, could you sound like a bigger azzhole? Painting every one on the CP as against you. I have enjoyed some of your articles, but do grow tired of you acting like you are a big shot with the Chiefs. If anything, they use you as a free mouthpiece to throw smoke screens of bullshit to mask what their true plans are.

And if you could care less about all of us "Azzholes" over here-why post at all? Direct like a man? Sounds like you do care-and your feelings are hurt.

Skip Towne
01-08-2006, 02:56 PM

I said this before and I'll say it again, many on this board doubt that Nick has any contacts inside the Chiefs organization. That's fair, it really can't be proven. However, what can be proven is that Nick gets press passes to the games and sits in the press box, Nick goes to the press conferences and the Chiefs send Nick a copy of the press releases along with the other media outlets of KC. No other publisher/owner of a Chiefs website can say that.

Nick has been heard on 810 and other radio shows and been seen on Metro Sports TV.
Wasn't it 810 that fired him for making shit up?

dave0320
01-08-2006, 03:01 PM
[

Nick has been heard on 810 and other radio shows and been seen on Metro Sports TV.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention his pimp Jack Harry! :LOL:

FAX
01-08-2006, 03:04 PM

Salma Hayek can sit in the press box whenever she wants.

Plus, she has also been on lots of radio and tv shows.

FAX

Phobia
01-08-2006, 03:05 PM

I have no doubt the mods over there have been overzealous in the past. Splat is one of the few who remain. They have new guidelines now - community approved guidelines which don't differ that much from the ones on this site. I don't anticipate pulling posted, undue editing, or censorship in general will be a problem at that site in the future.

chiefs4me
01-08-2006, 03:06 PM

So???? Who the **** cares, and why are so many of you here??? Are you looking for paying members??? I won't pay for something that I can get for free, never have and never will.......I could care less if your boy Nick sits on the sidelines with the team and coaches, if he is not in uniform and playing for my chiefs, he is nothing to me.......so go back to your board and shut the **** up already......:rolleyes: geesh and I thought donger was a pain in the ass......:harumph:

Phobia
01-08-2006, 03:07 PM

I've been down that road, man. Nick's credibility is shot. There's nothing anybody can say to fix that now.

KcMizzou
01-08-2006, 03:08 PM
So???? Who the **** cares, and why are so many of you here??? Are you looking for paying members??? Umm... Alpha's been posting here for 5 1/2 years.

Phobia
01-08-2006, 03:10 PM
So???? Who the **** cares, and why are so many of you here??? Are you looking for paying members??? I won't pay for something that I can get for free, never have and never will.......I could care less if your boy Nick sits on the sidelines with the team and coaches, if he is not in uniform and playing for my chiefs, he is nothing to me.......so go back to your board and shut the **** up already......:rolleyes: geesh and I thought donger was a pain in the ass......:harumph:

No. Nobody is looking for paying members. Most of the stuff on that site IS free. "So many of us are here" because we're members here. We've been members here. We've been members here for a long, long time.

Alphaman
01-08-2006, 03:15 PM

That's just it. 99% of us don't "have" a board. I don't own one. There are only 5 or 6 Chiefs boards, therefore only 5 or 6 owners. I'm here, and have been here for years, because I am a Chiefs junkie. I love to talk Chiefs football. This is the best site for in season analysis of recent or future games. Like it or not, Warpaint Illustrated is the best place for offseason rumors and happenings. What other website has people at training camp every practice and at each daily press conference. The nightly chats during training camp were awesome.

I'm not here trying to get people to pay for a premium membership at Warpaint. I'm not here trying to gain credibility for Nick. I'm just pointing out that there are things about Nick's website that other websites don't have.

chiefs4me
01-08-2006, 03:16 PM
No. Nobody is looking for paying members. Most of the stuff on that site IS free. "So many of us are here" because we're members here. We've been members here. We've been members here for a long, long time.

I am not sparring with you, never will, I am done on this thread after this post, if you are here to be here, then why is there always one or two threads about WI and Nick on the front page everyday????:shrug:

Alphaman
01-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Umm... Alpha's been posting here for 5 1/2 years.

My Mizzou brethern sticking up for me. I'm touched. :deevee:

FAX
01-08-2006, 03:17 PM
I am not sparring with you, never will, I am done on this thread after this post, if you are here to be here, then why is there always one or two threads about WI and Nick on the front page everyday????:shrug:

Yeah.

And why is it that you never do articles on Salma Hayek?

FAX

Alphaman

They don't get started by Nick, Phobia or me. :shrug:

Bwana
:rolleyes: geesh and I thought donger was a pain in the ass......:harumph:

ROFL Those who don't know that there is a poster named Donger here, will be saying WTF!? :eek:

Halfcan
01-08-2006, 03:19 PM
I've been down that road, man. Nick's credibility is shot. There's nothing anybody can say to fix that now.

I agree-so why try to scoop stories all the time, based on unreliable infomation and rumors? I think everyone is sick of hearing (Based from an Unnamed source, and sources close to the Chiefs).

If he just stuck to writing a nice story about things he gains personal access to with his "credentials", he would do much better.

Coming on here and calling everyone out, does not help. Not all of us hate him. Personally, I usually read his stuff, and have seen him several times on the Sports spot-where I thought he did a nice job.

Halfcan
01-08-2006, 03:21 PM
ROFL Those who don't know that there is a poster named Donger here, will be saying WTF!? :eek:

LOL-yeah that could be misconstrued as something else.

KcMizzou
01-08-2006, 03:21 PM
ROFL Those who don't know that there is a poster named Donger here, will be saying WTF!? :eek:ROFL

Didn't catch that.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-08-2006, 03:23 PM

Nick Athan gives them a reason to hope though.

Alphaman
01-08-2006, 03:24 PM
I agree-so why try to scoop stories all the time, based on unreliable infomation and rumors? I think everyone is sick of hearing (Based from an Unnamed source, and sources close to the Chiefs).

If he just stuck to writing a nice story about things he gains personal access to with his "credentials", he would do much better.

Coming on here and calling everyone out, does not help. Not all of us hate him. Personally, I usually read his stuff, and have seen him several times on the Sports spot-where I thought he did a nice job.

Fair enough. However, Nick didn't come here and call everybody out. the title of this thread is Nick Athen Wrong Again!. Other than spelling his name wrong, who called who out?

Phobia
01-08-2006, 03:28 PM

I don't know. Who starts those threads?

Halfcan
01-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Fair enough. However, Nick didn't come here and call everybody out. the title of this thread is Nick Athen Wrong Again!. Other than spelling his name wrong, who called who out?

He is putting himself out in the public-he should expect people to disagree-especially if he puts out false infomation to loyal fans. If you post something stupid on here-you get hammered-why should Nock get a free pass?

Alphaman
01-08-2006, 03:39 PM
He is putting himself out in the public-he should expect people to disagree-especially if he puts out false infomation to loyal fans. If you post something stupid on here-you get hammered-why should Nock get a free pass?

Disagreement is fair. What he gets here is out and out attacks without any acknowledgement of the info he brings. Nick was the only media person to continue to say that Surtain would be a Chief. Nick was all over the Edwards saga, even before Schefter.

I didn't know about his site when he supposedly put out false information. In the year I've seen his stuff, he's been very good about stating that based on what he's hearing or heard XYZ will happen. He's also good at pointing out that deals fall apart at the last hour all the time in the NFL.