PDA

View Full Version : Best Choice for QBotF?

Thig Lyfe
01-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Who would be the best quarterback pickup for the future? Don't worry about whether it's feasible, just whether it would be best.

milkman
01-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Matt Schaub

Skip Towne
01-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Vince Young

Skip Towne
01-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Matt Leinart

ChiefFripp
01-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Matt Schaub is better than Vick and being wasted as a backup.

pikesome
01-08-2006, 11:06 AM
I like Volek from the Titans. I know its not going to happen but...

Simplex3
01-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Schaub or Volek.

Hog Rider
01-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Keep doubting Todd Collins!

UKMike
01-08-2006, 11:12 AM
I like Schaub and I think Simms at the Buccs has looked good too.

Frankie
01-08-2006, 11:17 AM
I voted Carr, because I have always wanted him for the Chiefs and he's being destroyed in Houston. Also I'm assuming we keep our current 'O' staff fairly intact. That said I think Ramsey in Washington could be had for cheap, although he probably needs even more reprogramming than Carr.

pikesome
01-08-2006, 11:18 AM
I like Schaub and I think Simms at the Buccs has looked good too.

Simm needs to settle down/mature a little bit. When he scrambled left and taunted the defense last night, I had to smile. I think he has a good attitude.

Frankie
01-08-2006, 11:18 AM
I don't understand this love affair with Schaub on this BB!

58-4ever
01-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Shaub is accurate and shows good touch, but, I would rather have Brady Quinn or David Carr

Reaper16
01-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Only thing that worries me about Schaub is the fact that he's been in the West Coast offense all of his life. No one knows how he'd take to a new offensive system.

pikesome
01-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Shaub is accurate and shows good touch, but, I would rather have Brady Quinn or David Carr

I have to say I would ride the Brady Quinn bandwagon like Slim Pickens if there was any chance of that happening. He looked good this year and I think he has some of the things you can't coach (attitude, smarts you know anti-Leaf).

DomerNKC
01-08-2006, 11:25 AM
brady quinn after next year...

milkman
01-08-2006, 11:26 AM
I don't understand this love affair with Schaub on this BB!

And I don't understand the love for Carr!

chief118
01-08-2006, 11:26 AM
what about jets john abraham. he would help the d-line.

milkman
01-08-2006, 11:29 AM
what about jets john abraham. he would help the d-line.

So you think he should the Chiefs Quarterback of the future?

RealSNR
01-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Carr or Schaub

pikesome
01-08-2006, 11:33 AM
I thought Carr looked guilty of many bad habits when we played them. Held the ball too long, didn't seem to be good with his decision making, that sort of thing. The problem is he is in the worst situation in the NFL at the moment and maybe he could be coached up. I just wonder if he's not broken beyond repair. I think if you sneak up behind him and yell "Freeny" he might just shit his pants.

Reaper16
01-08-2006, 11:34 AM
I have to say I would ride the Brady Quinn bandwagon like Slim Pickens...
ROFL

milkman
01-08-2006, 11:44 AM
I thought Carr looked guilty of many bad habits when we played them. Held the ball too long, didn't seem to be good with his decision making, that sort of thing. The problem is he is in the worst situation in the NFL at the moment and maybe he could be coached up. I just wonder if he's not broken beyond repair. I think if you sneak up behind him and yell "Freeny" he might just shit his pants.

I got into a debate with Johnson&Johnson here about Carr a couple of months ago.

I can't really remember his side because, to be honest, it was all jibberish to me.

My point was that, while Carr has protection isssues, he bears some of the responsibilty for the number of sacks he takes, because he locks onto receivers and has a propensity to hold the ball too long.

After he kept talking about Carr's potential, I decided to look up some of Carr's scouting reports, and imagine my surprise when I read that he held on to the ball too long and locked onto receivers.

The point being, the Texans have been trying to coach him, and it ain't sinking in.

pikesome
01-08-2006, 11:50 AM
I got into a debate with Johnson&Johnson here about Carr a couple of months ago.

I can't really remember his side because, to be honest, it was all jibberish to me.

My point was that, while Carr has protection, because he locks onto receivers and has a propensity to hold the ball too long.

After he kept talking about Carr's potential, I decided to look up some of Carr's scouting reports, and imagine my surprise when I read that he held on to the ball too long and locked onto receivers.

The point being, the Texans have been trying to coach him, and it ain't sinking in.

He looks almost shell-shocked sometimes. I think he has the physical skills, I just worry about his head. I don't think he has the abilty to shake off a bad play or a sack and until you can fix that it doesn't matter what his problems with holding the ball are. I look at Leaf who had ability he just didn't have the right attitude and could never change his outlook. I think Carr has the same problem (just for a different reason).

chop
01-08-2006, 12:12 PM
I like Volek from the Titans. I know its not going to happen but...

You never know what may happen. The Titans may draft Young and have no need for him. I'm not sure what his contract status is though.

Frankie
01-08-2006, 12:13 PM
And I don't understand the love for Carr!
The man was undeniably a great QB in college and has been an NFL starter. With a much worse team than Schaub has had around him he's done not that badly. I consider him as having a hell of a lot more upside than Schaub.

One more thing, KC would be an attractive place to raise a family to a church-going guy like Carr is.

Frankie
01-08-2006, 12:15 PM
So you think he should the Chiefs Quarterback of the future?
ROFL ROFL
NOOBS! :rolleyes:

Jamie
01-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Schaub, just because he's the only one who won't be pushing 30 if Green plays two or three more years.

milkman
01-08-2006, 12:17 PM
The man was undeniably a great QB in college and has been an NFL starter. With a much worse team than Schaub has had around him he's done not that badly. I consider him as having a hell of a lot more upside than Schaub.

One more thing, KC would be an attractive place to raise a family to a church-going guy like Carr is.

And Shaub has progressed far more as a part time player than Car has as a full time starter.

He (Carr) hasn't shown any improvement in the areas that he was weak in college, based on his scouting reports, and my observations of his play since.

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm going to go with Joey Harrington, mainly bc the Chiefs wanted his ass pretty bad back when he came out. I would rather have Brady Quinn, but that ain't happening.

cdcox
01-08-2006, 01:15 PM
A couple of people mentioned Simms. Yesterday, it looked like he was playing at half speed compared to everyone else. Very slow to react to defenders, slow running, slow deliberate throwing motion... It was as if Al Gore was playing QB. Pocket passeres like Manning and Green aren't exactly known for their speed, but they play much quicker in terms of reactions, release, decision making. Simms couldn't even stay on the field as a starter at Texas. I don't know what people see in him that could possibly make them think he has the potential to be a quality NFL starter.

HolmeZz
01-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Volek isn't QBOTF material. He's like 30.

Frankie
01-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Kyle Boler anyone? I heard he's been playing well recently.

cdcox
01-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Kyle Boler anyone? I heard he's been playing well recently.

You heard wrong.

kcfanXIII
01-08-2006, 03:56 PM
i like brady quinn from notre dame. but i also have a gut feeling that he's a "product of the system" qb. gerrard looked like he had some skills but his opponents were weak as master shake's work ethic.