PDA

View Full Version : AFC Probowl: Who is alternate QB?

NewChief
01-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Just curious who the alternate QB selection was, as I don't think that Palmer will be making the trip, sadly. I'm guessing that it's Brees?

Mile High Mania
01-08-2006, 06:03 PM
1st Alternate was Brees. 2nd Alternate is... Plummer. So, I guess he's going to the islands for the pro bowl, barring anything dramatic happening in the negative manner.

picasso
01-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Pisses me off that Edge is starting instead of LJ. Geez LJ passed him up by almost 300 yards this season just starting 9 games. Colts biased arses.

4th and Long
01-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Pisses me off that Edge is starting instead of LJ. Geez LJ passed him up by almost 300 yards this season just starting 9 games. Colts biased arses.
In case you haven't heard, the Pro Bowl isn't about talent. It's about popularity.

SLAG
01-08-2006, 06:21 PM
In case you haven't heard, the Pro Bowl isn't about talent. It's about popularity.

I feel Like Im IN HS all over again

DTLB58
01-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Just curious who the alternate QB selection was, as I don't think that Palmer will be making the trip, sadly. I'm guessing that it's Brees?

Actually it's Brady not Brees.

tk13
01-08-2006, 06:29 PM
In lieu of naming an alternate, the NFL has decided that they are just going to have Brett Favre start for both teams.

Mile High Mania
01-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Actually it's Brady not Brees.

Manning, Palmer and Brady were the Pro Bowl QBs... they take 3. The alternates were Brees and then Plummer.

Brock
01-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Manning, Palmer and Brady were the Pro Bowl QBs... they take 3. The alternates were Brees and then Plummer.

Brees isn't going to make that trip.

Bowser
01-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Brees isn't going to make that trip.

Jake can teach him how to throw left handed.

huskerdooz
01-08-2006, 08:08 PM
I don't know if it was a misprint or not, but the Star printed that Green would be making the trip as a reserve.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/13575593.htm

Chiefs’ Roaf, Shields to start in Pro BowlThe Associated PressChiefs tackle Willie Roaf and guard Will Shields will start for the AFC in the Pro Bowl next month.
QB Trent Green, guard Brian Waters, tight end Tony Gonzalez and running back Larry Johnson will make the trip as reserves.
The Colts will have an NFL-high seven starters, including offensive stars Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James and Marvin Harrison.
The Chargers will have four starters: tight end Antonio Gates, fullback Lorenzo Neal, defensive lineman Jamal Williams and linebacker Shawne Merriman.
In the NFC, MVP Shaun Alexander will start along with Seattle teammates QB Matt Hasselbeck, fullback Mack Strong, tackle Walter Jones and guard Steve Hutchinson.

Mile High Mania
01-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Well, Plummer was the #2 alternate... so now that he stands to be the actual #3 QB in the game, that would elevate the next 2 guys to the reserves.