PDA

View Full Version : It looks like the league is going to get what they wanted...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-08-2006, 06:37 PM
NE at Indy for the AFC Championship game.

Should be a good one.

pr_capone
01-08-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm still holding out hope that the Steelers get past Indi.

I've never been the kind to want to "win one for the gipper", but I would love to see Jerome Bettis win a SB before he retires.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-08-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm still holding out hope that the Steelers get past Indi.

I've never been the kind to want to "win one for the gipper", but I would love to see Jerome Bettis win a SB before he retires.

I hate Pittsburgh, but I do like Bettis. Seems like a good guy. I really don't see Pitt winning there though...

VonneMarie
01-08-2006, 06:51 PM
I really don't want NE getting to the SB. They might dick around and actually win... and I don't have too much faith in any NFC team.

NE could be the first team ever to threepeat in the NFL. :Lin:

Chiefs Pantalones
01-08-2006, 06:56 PM
I really don't want NE getting to the SB. They might dick around and actually win... and I don't have too much faith in any NFC team.

Yeah, we could witness history. I wouldn't mind NE doing it. It's going to be tough to win at Indy for the Pats, though. They've done it before, but I think this time it will be harder. If they do, the Super Bowl will be a breeze to NE. NFC? LOL, right.

Mr. Kotter
01-08-2006, 06:58 PM
It should be a great game too.

Indy 31 New England 27, or something close to it. :thumb:

siberian khatru
01-08-2006, 06:58 PM

I don't care who gets there so long as it's not Denver.

VonneMarie
01-08-2006, 06:59 PM
You can bet the farm on that.

Saulbadguy
01-08-2006, 06:59 PM
I really hate to discount Denver this early on...

I don't want another repeat of 2002 where I have to root against another AFC West team in the Super Bowl.

VonneMarie
01-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Yeah, we could witness history. I wouldn't mind NE doing it. It's going to be tough to win at Indy for the Pats, though. They've done it before, but I think this time it will be harder. If they do, the Super Bowl will be a breeze to NE. NFC? LOL, right.
Well, you better be ready the Great Patriot Suck Off...

pr_capone
I hate Pittsburgh, but I do like Bettis. Seems like a good guy. I really don't see Pitt winning there though...

No one thought San Diego would win @ Indy either. :hmmm:

/me crosses fingers

Rausch
Pitt started off really slow and really ugly this week but they'll give Denver a run for their money...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-08-2006, 07:01 PM

I don't want another repeat of 2002 where I have to root against another AFC West team in the Super Bowl.

They could win, but I strongly doubt it.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-08-2006, 07:02 PM
No one thought San Diego would win @ Indy either. :hmmm:

/me crosses fingers

Indy had nothing to play for though and it's hard to stay up emotionally for that many games straight, especially knowing everything is wrapped up.

Mr. Kotter
01-08-2006, 07:02 PM

Denver is as good as gone. They are the weakest of the four remaining teams in the AFC; probably 6th or 7th out of the remaining 8.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-08-2006, 07:06 PM
I just don't see the Pats losing. The only shot will be at Indy, and that's not a very good one, but a good one.

If Denver does indeed pull off the upset, much credit to them. That would be something to see.

Skip Towne
01-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Exactly right. I'm tired of NE too but they aren't the dickwads Denver is.

NJ Chief Fan
01-08-2006, 07:07 PM
pats/panthers part 2
panther take it this time around

01-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Exactly right. I'm tired of NE too but they aren't the dickwads Denver is.

yeah, they are not full of prima donna's and azzhats like Denver and Indy.

Calcountry
01-08-2006, 08:18 PM
NE at Indy for the AFC Championship game.

Should be a good one.Fug the league.

Mile High Mania
01-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Denver is as good as gone. They are the weakest of the four remaining teams in the AFC; probably 6th or 7th out of the remaining 8.

Seriously, you need to call the Comedy Store.

Mr. Kotter
01-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Seriously, you need to call the Comedy Store.

AFC order: Indy, New England, Pittsburg, and Denver (it's close with Pitt, but the edge goes to Cowher.) Personally, I put them behind Seattle and a healthy Carolina, and maybe even Chicago, in the NFC. They are better than Washington--and maybe the Bears. That's it.